PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm, Georgia's asked to talk w/ Muschamp

Tigeman
11/19/2010, 01:38 AM
I don't care what this season looks like, the guy's a good coach. But this could be the beginning of the end of times for TX if this were to happen.

http://texas.247sports.com/Board/21/Possible-breaking-news-318108/2 (http://texas.247sports.com/Board/21/Possible-breaking-news-318108/1)

Earlier today, multiple reputable people told me the same thing.

Texas had been contacted by Georgia or agents of Georgia to request permission to speak with Will Muschamp.

While Georgia is expected to retain Mark Richt as its coach for next season, Richt has also been a possibility for Colorado and Richt has just three years remaining on his deal with Georgia and is seeking a contract extension.

Colorado may be a viable option for Richt because they can actually offer longer term stability than Georgia depending on the length of the agreement reached between CU and Richt and depending whether or not Georgia and Richt negotiate an extension.

Along with another reporter, we have placed phone calls to sources at Texas and to the AD at Georgia. As of right now, we have not been able to get up with the Georgia AD.

However, sources at Texas have refuted that they have been contacted by or spoken to anyone at Georgia. This goes in direct opposition to what we were told by several people today.

That's where we're at right now.

We waited to get confirmation or denial from Georgia.
Kind of sounds like Richt used CU to bargain against Georgia, and Georgia said here's a big PHUCK YOU Richt, we're calling Will!

If he leaves, there will be a total meltdown in *. Not only has * been getting crapped on all season, but if this were to happen, it would be like having the crap rubbed in, then getting pissed on in their eyeballs (pun intended) by someone infected w/ hepatitis just to top it off! Yum!

Definitely keep your eyes off of me if this happens *.

Octavian
11/19/2010, 01:41 AM
"Mama called. And when Mama calls, you just have to come runnin'."

Leroy Lizard
11/19/2010, 01:52 AM
If he leaves, there will be a total meltdown in *. Not only has * been getting crapped on all season, but if this were to happen, it would be like having the crap rubbed in, then getting pissed on in their eyeballs (pun intended) by someone infected w/ hepatitis just to top it off! Yum!

Dieting is a lot easier after visiting this place.

Tigeman
11/19/2010, 01:56 AM
Page 2 is the source quoted fellas. For some reason any links take you directly to page 1.

Tigeman
11/19/2010, 01:59 AM
Dieting is a lot easier after visiting this place.

This site is

http://www.bingegamer.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/tony-little-approved.jpg

yermom
11/19/2010, 02:00 AM
i think Texas would be stupid to worry about this. Mack isn't Bobby Bowden yet.

sadly, Texas will recover from this season. they seemed to do okay when Chizik left for ISU

oumartin
11/19/2010, 09:09 AM
i think Texas would be stupid to worry about this. Mack isn't Bobby Bowden yet.

sadly, Texas will recover from this season. they seemed to do okay when Chizik left for ISU

Hopefully Chiziks recruiting tactics will lead the NCAA back to texas

KantoSooner
11/19/2010, 09:20 AM
just my two cents, but I think Muschamp has been a big source of internal friction at Texas this year. Him leaving would be a net plus for UT's program.

King Crimson
11/19/2010, 09:20 AM
interesting if true. Richt to Colorado would be interesting.....hire a guy your old guy beat this season.

EatLeadCommie
11/19/2010, 09:22 AM
There are rumors that Muschamp and Davis have different philosophies, and that Muschamp, as the "coach in waiting," was the one who forced Mack to force Davis to change the offense this year. It would be funny if Muschamp left and Mack retained Davis. My God, the Whorn nation might just implode if that happened.

SoonerLB
11/19/2010, 09:36 AM
Well, the SEC DOES pay well, even coaches! ;)

Crucifax Autumn
11/19/2010, 10:25 AM
They haven't called Switzer yet?

yermom
11/19/2010, 10:34 AM
interesting if true. Richt to Colorado would be interesting.....hire a guy your old guy beat this season.

yeah, the Dawgs haven't exactly torn it up this year

jumperstop
11/19/2010, 10:39 AM

Exactly what I was thinking, pretty stupid to me. I bet Richt would do no better at Colorado than he ended up doing at Georgia. If you can have that much talent and still fail, what do you expect to do with zero talent in the Pac-10?

85sooners
11/19/2010, 11:13 AM
:pop:

Okie35
11/19/2010, 11:36 AM
McGarity denied the report and stated Colorado has not requested permission to speak with Richt:

On this end, UGA athletics director Greg McGarity firmly denied that report when reached this evening.

"We have a football coach," McGarity said. "Mark Richt is our football coach."

The Denver Post reported Saturday that Colorado was interested in Richt for its head coaching vacancy and that the UGA coach might be interested in a "change of scenery" given the current climate in Athens.

Richt also is thought to desire an extension on his contract, which is currently set to expire in 2013.

McGarity said tonight that he has not been contacted by Colorado to ask permission to speak to Richt, who is contractually obligated to pass along contact from other potential employers to McGarity or UGA school president Michael Adams.

"No, not a phone call, not anything," McGarity said. "I just don't think there's anything to that."

yermom
11/19/2010, 11:53 AM
everyone always denies everything until it happens though :D

meoveryouxinfinity
11/19/2010, 11:56 AM
if you were colorado, who would you try to hire?

considering they're going to the west coast, i'd try to get a west coast personality.
That and they're going to need a good offense.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/19/2010, 11:58 AM
I'd hire Troy Calhoun

badger
11/19/2010, 11:59 AM
everyone always denies everything until it happens though :D

Nick Saban is still denying Alabama.

OUmillenium
11/19/2010, 12:13 PM
CU...

Bellottie, Leach, some west coast type like you said. Not an SEC fail

yermom
11/19/2010, 12:18 PM
Leach. that would be interesting.

BillyBall
11/19/2010, 12:22 PM
If Im Colorado I would hire Eric Bieniemy.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/19/2010, 12:26 PM
Leach. that would be interesting.

There you go. I bet leach would do pretty good at CU.

3rdgensooner
11/19/2010, 12:30 PM
There you go. I bet leach would do pretty good at CU.And I think the students would love him.

yermom
11/19/2010, 12:32 PM
i had forgotten about Belloti moving to AD at Oregon. sounds like he's bored.

cvsooner
11/19/2010, 12:34 PM
Belotti hinted on the Tech broadcast that there have been "some very preliminary" discussions about his possibly returning to coaching...

ouduckhunter
11/19/2010, 01:23 PM
Belotti hinted on the Tech broadcast that there have been "some very preliminary" discussions about his possibly returning to coaching...

That's interesting, but if I were the Buffs, I'd take Leach! They need to have a good offense!

badger
11/19/2010, 01:29 PM
That's interesting, but if I were the Buffs, I'd take Leach! They need to have a good offense!

Leach's new topic of obsession could be Manifest Destiny and how the great and mighty buffalo herds of the great planes have survived slaughter and farms throughout the history of our great nation and will rise together once again eff it I just can't do this as good as Mikey

TrophyCollector
11/19/2010, 02:54 PM
There are rumors that Muschamp and Davis have different philosophies, and that Muschamp, as the "coach in waiting," was the one who forced Mack to force Davis to change the offense this year. It would be funny if Muschamp left and Mack retained Davis. My God, the Whorn nation might just implode if that happened.

Man, great thought, I am now praying for this scenario. * fans would rather spend three days in a Motel 6 making sweet love to clone #3 than having this one come true.

Sabanball
11/19/2010, 06:51 PM
The dawgs will open against Boise next season. Just announced...

http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2010/11/19/georgia-boise-state-announcement-coming/

Okie35
11/19/2010, 07:25 PM
The dawgs will open against Boise next season. Just announced...

http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2010/11/19/georgia-boise-state-announcement-coming/

I was just about to post that.

jumperstop
11/19/2010, 07:27 PM
They're going to get schooled. Georgia sucks worse than Va Tech in their annual choke game.

King Crimson
11/19/2010, 08:18 PM
reporting live from Boulder:

lotta nostalgia love for McCartney or Bienemy.

some smoke with Richt. I don't see Belotti since he spent most of the OU-CU game trashing CU's commitment, facilities etc. but, he's supposedly talked with "CU officials". Air Force's Troy Calhoun is in it, as well.

Brady Hoke at SDSU would be my guess.

soonerbub
11/19/2010, 08:24 PM
Sounds like they low-balled Belotti and he didn't like it.
Why would they not bring back McCartney he did win their only title

I think he wants to battle it out w old man Snyder for a few years and at least get the program above the mildcats once again

**** I forgot about the conference switcheroo--that is gonna be weird

sendbaht
11/19/2010, 08:49 PM
I hope he stays and is nick name becomes Mussup. So far her has lived up to this name.

MyT Oklahoma
11/19/2010, 10:30 PM
Life is tuff when your an *.

StoopTroup
11/19/2010, 10:58 PM
If I was CU I'd cancel the Football Program buy a bunch of weed and a lifetime ski pass.

sooneron
11/19/2010, 11:06 PM
If I was CU I'd cancel the Football Program buy a bunch of weed and a lifetime ski pass.

**** yeah!!:texan:

SoonerLB
11/19/2010, 11:26 PM

Yo duuude, can I sack out on yer couch fer a few years or two?
Oh . . . . . , and do ya have any Cheetoh's? ;)

sooneron
11/19/2010, 11:26 PM
Yo duuude, can I sack out on yer couch fer a few years or two?
Oh . . . . . , and do ya have any Cheetoh's? ;)
or some cookie dough???:P :cool:

tulsaoilerfan
11/20/2010, 03:22 PM
if you were colorado, who would you try to hire?

considering they're going to the west coast, i'd try to get a west coast personality.
That and they're going to need a good offense.

Leach although it does get hard to throw the ball in Boulder at times :)