PDA

View Full Version : I still don't understand the reasoning why

MamaMia
11/19/2010, 12:04 AM
we just HAVE to play oSu in Stillwater 2 years in a row? Was this not preventable? Please, could someone explain this? :confused:

bonkuba
11/19/2010, 12:08 AM
we just HAVE to play oSu in Stillwater 2 years in a row? Was this not preventable? Please, could someone explain this? :confused:

No idea since we clearly bring more to the table. Osu fans can smack all they want but the main reason butts will be in the seats and eyes on the tv is OU......always will be.

On a side note.....maybe the sheep need more money for school? I got nuttin :-)

OU-HSV
11/19/2010, 12:13 AM
It's not a big deal...as long as we win, right? :D

On the flip side, my tx tech buddy is pissed that they have to come to Norman two years in a row. Guess we didn't get hosed completely.

Tigeman
11/19/2010, 12:18 AM
And * is pissed that they have to go to Aggie South twice as well.

Breadburner
11/19/2010, 12:18 AM
They have to play in Austin next year as well.....

yermom
11/19/2010, 12:22 AM
with our record in Lubbock vs. our record in Stoolwater, i'll take it

MamaMia
11/19/2010, 12:36 AM
So....who will we be will playing at home every other year?

yermom
11/19/2010, 12:39 AM
all Big12-2 schools after that. the schedule just needed to be reset for whatever reason

something similar happened in 1987 with us playing in Nebraska 2 years in a row and OSU coming here 2 years in a row

Scott D
11/19/2010, 12:42 AM
they were too lazy to to put in an effort to rework the schedule.

SoonerRick46
11/19/2010, 12:46 AM
A whole new schedule had to be written because of the change in the number of teams. Because of that and the number of games in a season, and if everyone was going to have the same number of home games as away games in any given year, there were going to be situations that required some back-to-back homes games between some teams. It's just mathematics. Try for yourself to put it together and not have that happen.

I think they ended up making it pretty fair for all concerned.

Scott D
11/19/2010, 12:48 AM
I think it's like that fat TV deal that the conference....I mean Texas will get for it's own network.

MamaMia
11/19/2010, 12:54 AM
Well, if we have to play oSu two years in a row in Stoolwater then I think it would be a nice gesture on their part to at least allow our band a place next to the field. :)

yermom
11/19/2010, 12:56 AM
how about not being stupid with tickets, that's all i am worried about :mad:

Scott D
11/19/2010, 12:58 AM
we win this year and you know Holder is only going to let OU have 50 tickets next season.

yermom
11/19/2010, 01:09 AM
i'm fairly sure it's already at whatever the minimum they have to give us is

usaosooner
11/19/2010, 01:16 AM
OSU had to come to Norman twice in the 80's, just returning the favor

EatLeadCommie
11/19/2010, 01:18 AM
I heard from an aTm Aggie that only two schools-- aTm and Texas-- didn't have to reset their schedules and have to play two in a row on the road. Is this incorrect?

MamaMia
11/19/2010, 01:35 AM
i'm fairly sure it's already at whatever the minimum they have to give us is

Right now its 4000

SicEmBaylor
11/19/2010, 01:54 AM

A lot of teams have to play away games two years in a row. We have to play you two years in a row in Norman.

Get over it. Christ. It's not like OU was singled out.

Tigeman
11/19/2010, 02:01 AM
I heard from an aTm Aggie that only two schools-- aTm and Texas-- didn't have to reset their schedules and have to play two in a row on the road. Is this incorrect?

Yep! Texas has to go to Kyle Field twice!

MamaMia
11/19/2010, 02:08 AM
A lot of teams have to play away games two years in a row. We have to play you two years in a row in Norman.

I didn't say I had a problem with it. I simply asked what the reasoning was behind it and am perfectly fine with the circumstances now that the polite people have answered my question. Get over yourself, dateless.

MamaMia
11/19/2010, 02:21 AM

What difference does it make where Baylor plays OU? How many games have you won against us?

Record: 19-0-0

http://soonerstats.com/football/series/details.cfm?OppID=10

?

yermom
11/19/2010, 03:06 AM
i'll reserve judgement until after Saturday :eek:

it seems like they have made more games of it in Norman though

Scott D
11/19/2010, 11:45 AM
Right now its 4000

it probably is. I'm just making light of the fact that their AD Mike Holder is basically T Boone's bitch, and if he could give a smaller allotment to OU he would.

badger
11/19/2010, 11:50 AM
Meh, just do what most other OU faithful do - Buy Poke season tickets, Stubhub your other Poke tickets and keep the OU ones for yourself. Then, giggle as all the diehard Pokes try to figure out which disloyal orange-clad wearer among them scalped tickets to the gooners :rolleyes:

yermom
11/19/2010, 11:50 AM
the fact that the OSU ticket is more than a Texass ticket is just retarded

i guess this year it might make sense...

Scott D
11/19/2010, 11:51 AM

you didn't think they were only going to gouge poke fans for the rustoleum renovations did you?

SoonerPr8r
11/19/2010, 11:56 AM

The idea is that if they charge more for tickets the players will play better......that's aggie logic for ya.

Widescreen
11/19/2010, 12:00 PM

What are you talking about? OU plays in Waco this year AND next year.

SoonerRoy
11/19/2010, 12:41 PM
My first thought about this was OU got hosed again by the Big 12 office. It still doesn't make sense that OU has to go to Stillwater twice in a row while OSU does the same in Austin. But the league office is probably trying to make the schedule as easy as possible for the horns.

OKLA21FAN
11/19/2010, 12:42 PM
with our record in Lubbock vs. our record in Stoolwater, i'll take it

this!

jumperstop
11/19/2010, 12:43 PM
My first thought about this was OU got hosed again by the Big 12 office. It still doesn't make sense that OU has to go to Stillwater twice in a row while OSU does the same in Austin. But the league office is probably trying to make the schedule as easy as possible for the horns.

Homefield advantage doesn't exist for the horns. :D

Soonermagik
11/19/2010, 01:59 PM

Are you sure there's not some large conspiracy going on? How do we know that you aren't involved in all of this?:pop:

Salt City Sooner
11/19/2010, 03:38 PM
Yep! Texas has to go to Kyle Field twice!
Not according to UT's official site.

CrimsonRez
11/19/2010, 03:42 PM
Are you sure there's not some large conspiracy going on? How do we know that you aren't involved in all of this?:pop:

Sic'em=Big 12 Schedule guy

texaspokieokie
11/19/2010, 06:44 PM
The idea is that if they charge more for tickets the players will play better......that's aggie logic for ya.

looks to me that's your logic.

OU charges more for some games than others, is that also OU logic ?

usaosooner
11/19/2010, 07:22 PM
looks to me that's your logic.

OU charges more for some games than others, is that also OU logic ?

OU would release singles if Bedlam wasn't sold out, Holder would rather have empty seats and empty coffers than a OU fan in the seats

OSUAggie
11/19/2010, 09:25 PM
Do you guys just love to bitch about this topic?

Have none of you ever traveled to a game where tickets were sold out and you were going to buy one on the street?

You're telling me you'd rather give money to the Oklahoma State Athletic Department than some scalper on the street?

Scott D
11/19/2010, 09:34 PM
no, I just like making fun of Mike Holder for being T Boone's bitch. :)

wilson63
11/19/2010, 11:20 PM

Isn't that using the lords name in vain? Or was that a prayer? I am Bear...hear me roar!!

sooneron
11/19/2010, 11:24 PM
Sometimes we all must pay our penance. Sooners, it seems, must go to pig stench two years in a row. We'll be all the better for it. Although, we may not smell that way...

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2010, 12:54 AM
What difference does it make where Baylor plays OU? How many games have you won against us?

Record: 19-0-0

http://soonerstats.com/football/series/details.cfm?OppID=10

?

And what the hell does that have to do with ANYTHING that I said?

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2010, 12:55 AM
What are you talking about? OU plays in Waco this year AND next year.

My bad, you're right. It's OSU we play in Stillwater twice in a row.

MamaMia
11/20/2010, 01:12 AM
And what the hell does that have to do with ANYTHING that I said?It was a question. Not a response to what you said. You're blossoming into such an a**.

soonergirlNeugene
11/20/2010, 05:11 AM
Thats just how it goes. When your team's been in the basement for so long, you've forgotten how to act when you get your chance in the sun. Fans of schools with long droughts always get much chippier when that season of a lifetime rolls around.

Crucifax Autumn
11/20/2010, 07:23 AM
Yeah, but isn't this their 5th "season of a lifetime" in a row?

stoopified
11/20/2010, 11:44 AM

Get over it. Christ. It's not like OU was singled out. Yeah but its STILLWATER!

Rickety_Syd
11/20/2010, 05:52 PM
all Big12-2 schools after that. the schedule just needed to be reset for whatever reason

something similar happened in 1987 with us playing in Nebraska 2 years in a row and OSU coming here 2 years in a row

I remember that. It was 86 and 87. We went to Lincoln twice in a row and OSU came to Norman twice. We won all those games. :D

Of all the times to have to go to Stillwater back-to-back, it had to be when they actually have a good football team.

Widescreen
11/20/2010, 08:07 PM
I noticed SicEm hasn't been back in this thread after he stuck his foot in it.

Always_Sooner
11/20/2010, 11:23 PM

I know that every team remaining in the Big 12 Conference would have to play one common opponent on the road again next year. Ou, gets Tech at home again, and I guessing Big 12 Commish just decided that OU needs the hardest schedule possible. Haha only kidding....

SicEmBaylor
11/20/2010, 11:51 PM
I noticed SicEm hasn't been back in this thread after he stuck his foot in it.

How did I do that? My point remains the same...nearly every Big XII team has to play two away games in a row. OU is no different. Get the hell over it.

MamaMia
11/21/2010, 12:59 AM
How did I do that? My point remains the same...nearly every Big XII team has to play two away games in a row. OU is no different. Get the hell over it. It was a simple question. I asked why we had to play them in Stillwater two years in a row, and if it could have been preventable. Theres a big difference in my wish that it could have been preventable than in me having a problem with it. The fact that you falsely accused me of having a problem with it to such an extent that I needed to "get over it" is what makes you look like a total a**.

It would serve you well to just STFU.

texaspokieokie
11/21/2010, 08:56 AM
ditto