PDA

View Full Version : TSA screenings. What do you think?

AlboSooner
11/18/2010, 11:20 PM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2010/11/500x_mmw_large.jpg

Some basic info on the machines.
(http://gizmodo.com/5693841/the-basic-things-you-need-to-know-about-full+body-scanners)

Some TSA worker stored images and uploaded them. (http://gizmodo.com/5690749/these-are-the-first-100-leaked-body-scans)

I don't think they should punish the average person because the intelligence agencies can't do their job. They failed to "connect" the dots, when the guy's father told them about his sons' intentions (underwear guy), so now we have to get nekkid at the airport. ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
11/19/2010, 01:34 AM
I thought after everything has been said that the machines COULD NOT copy images...

Epic FAIL in my opinion, becuase clearly they were lying from the get go and the release of some Florida court image scans proves this once again, we need to save ourselves from our government.

Blue
11/19/2010, 01:42 AM
Is Big Sis gonna allow Muslim women to pat themselves down?

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/30059

Any man that lets strangers grope their wives or children is not a man at all. The video going around of the 4 year old girl being patted down while dad sat there and said, "We have to give up some freedoms for security" made me sick.

It's ridiculous and people thankfully are standing up to it.

reflector
11/19/2010, 01:48 AM
I think they need to come up with a better plan.

MR2-Sooner86
11/19/2010, 02:11 AM
Lets see, the guy who said, "don't touch my junk or I'll have you arrested" is facing up to a $10,000 fine.

We have this **** going on with little kids...
VN6pJ7nP1yA
VJNY_PTULO4

Finally we got this beauty that the head of Homeland Security has indicated the government is considering the request of an Islamic organization that has suggested Muslim women be allowed to pat themselves down during a full body search that is part of new enhanced procedures at airports. (http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=6687)

I really hope the American people don't bend over and take this too much longer.

It's simple...PROFILE PEOPLE THAT ACT SUSPICIOUS!

Ireland and England do it with the IRA.
Israel does it.
Can we? Oh no, we have to be PC and don't want to offend anybody. Jesus Christ we got the inmates running the asylum here.

Leroy Lizard
11/19/2010, 02:12 AM
Is Big Sis gonna allow Muslim women to pat themselves down?

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/30059

Any man that lets strangers grope their wives or children is not a man at all. The video going around of the 4 year old girl being patted down while dad sat there and said, "We have to give up some freedoms for security" made me sick.

It's ridiculous and people thankfully are standing up to it.

If you have religious objections to the manner in which TSA screens passengers, don't fly.

At what point did we lose all common sense?

Sorry, but at some point a religious belief becomes detrimental in the face of new technologies. Either change the belief or learn to live without.

Blue
11/19/2010, 02:26 AM
If you have religious objections to the manner in which TSA screens passengers, don't fly.

Sorry, but at some point a religious belief becomes detrimental in the face of new technologies. Either change the belief or learn to live without.

I think you missed my point.

All of the so called "terror" attacks since 9-11. All 1000+ of them have been committed by Muslims/Arabs. Yet, we are being treated like criminals and they get to opt out due to their religion.

Is there any question about who the Govt thinks the enemy is?

Blue
11/19/2010, 02:29 AM
Lets see, the guy who said, "don't touch my junk or I'll have you arrested" is facing up to a $10,000 fine.

We have this **** going on with little kids...
VN6pJ7nP1yA
VJNY_PTULO4

Finally we got this beauty that the head of Homeland Security has indicated the government is considering the request of an Islamic organization that has suggested Muslim women be allowed to pat themselves down during a full body search that is part of new enhanced procedures at airports. (http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=6687)

I really hope the American people don't bend over and take this too much longer.

It's simple...PROFILE PEOPLE THAT ACT SUSPICIOUS!

Ireland and England do it with the IRA.
Israel does it.
Can we? Oh no, we have to be PC and don't want to offend anybody. Jesus Christ we got the inmates running the asylum here.

THIS a million times.

EnragedOUfan
11/19/2010, 06:56 AM
I don't see the big deal. During certain times, certain security measures must be taken, regardless if it hurts feelings or not. At least by doing this, overall safety in airports is increased. And with all of these weird packages floating around in the world, I could care less if someone sees me naked on a scanner. Big deal...........

SoonerLVZ
11/19/2010, 08:58 AM
It's a matter of personal freedom, saying that the government has a right to see a naked image of your body is not ok in my book. The scanners that the TSA use are not the best on the market. The illusion of security in the airport and airline system is all that is it, an illusion. Everything from the 3 ounces or less per liquid container (but no max on the total number of liquids by one person or allowed on a plane) to laptops to checked luggage and the shipping of 3rd party companies that the airlines do. The way to go is screening. Look at EL AL airlines (Israel's airline) that has the toughest security system in the world, and they do not use body scanners. EL AL does screenings, which is what we need. I have been fine with everything the TSA has done prior to this, but this is out of hand. Profile the people, look at the no fly list, look for behavior that has been proven time and again to be warning signs, not a mass search. This is out of hand and Un-American.

My Opinion Matters
11/19/2010, 09:23 AM
Do you want to feel safe and secure when you fly, or do you not? I guess the obvious solution is just to prohibit any Muslim from flying.

Sooner_Bob
11/19/2010, 09:25 AM
The thing is that the screening procedures at airports around the country used to be (or still are) so inconsistent. TSA does it one way in Atlanta and a different way in Dallas. Different equipment at one airport versus another, etc.

Some airports have shoe scanners while others make you take your shoes off.

I don't want to be subjected to a full body search, so I'd prefer they loose all of the carry-on x-ray machines and go 100% to these imaging scanners so I can just walk through security and only be subjected to search if they see something suspicious.

The
11/19/2010, 09:35 AM
It's kinda funny to see people defend this. TSA is a government agency that is blatantly disregarding the 4th amendment. FOR YOUR SAFETY, CITIZEN. It's somehow OK for the government to take naked pictures of you, and have them stored and disseminated. It's OK for the government to send in uneducated goons to feel up your wives and children. FOR YOUR SAFETY, CITIZEN.

TSA is worse than completely useless. There are several airlines operating in this country with not only no TSA, but no security whatsoever. And no evil has been done.

My Opinion Matters
11/19/2010, 09:37 AM
Everyone on this board has naked pictures of you, The.

TUSooner
11/19/2010, 09:39 AM
The terrorists have won a victory when they convince Americans to let the lowest of Big Brother's low-level security drudges subject them to degrading personal searches. :mad:

That said, I have not yet flown under the new regime, and I would probably submit to pat-down before I go through the scanner.

Sooner_Bob
11/19/2010, 09:41 AM
It's kinda funny to see people defend this. TSA is a government agency that is blatantly disregarding the 4th amendment. FOR YOUR SAFETY, CITIZEN. It's somehow OK for the government to take naked pictures of you, and have them stored and disseminated. It's OK for the government to send in uneducated goons to feel up your wives and children. FOR YOUR SAFETY, CITIZEN.

TSA is worse than completely useless. There are several airlines operating in this country with not only no TSA, but no security whatsoever. And no evil has been done.

I'm not defending the TSA or this new screening technique. 9/11 was almost ten years ago and we've not had any successful incidents (that we're aware of) so I honestly fail to see how we suddenly should feel safer with the new screening methods.

A female TSA agent "feeling up" my wife is just a little different than a male TSA agent doing it. Are their reports of males fondling women?

The
11/19/2010, 09:43 AM
Everyone on this board has naked pictures of you, The.

Sure, because I have a perfect penis

TUSooner
11/19/2010, 09:48 AM
Sure, because I AM a penis

fixt

The
11/19/2010, 09:49 AM
fixt

It's an outstanding penis. I'll PM you a pic.

My Opinion Matters
11/19/2010, 09:50 AM
This is a nice convo about penises.

The
11/19/2010, 09:54 AM
http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_570xN.193551269.jpg

My Opinion Matters
11/19/2010, 09:55 AM
Why would anyone not want to have their penis touched? What am I missing?

The
11/19/2010, 09:56 AM
Why would anyone not want to have their penis touched? What am I missing?

People with small penis.

TUSooner
11/19/2010, 09:58 AM

Your first sentence suggests the answer to the question that followed it.

My Opinion Matters
11/19/2010, 10:00 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/14j3sxv.png

The
11/19/2010, 10:02 AM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/anxiety.png

Soonerman82
11/19/2010, 10:07 AM
The terrorists have won a victory when they convince Americans to let the lowest of Big Brother's low-level security drudges subject them to degrading personal searches. :mad:

This. The US goverment is becoming a big joke.

EnragedOUfan
11/19/2010, 10:16 AM

I think its funny how people like you care more about your 4th amendment right whether than your flight making it safely to its final destination. I actually fly quite often, overseas in fact. As an American, once you're overseas you are no longer in the safe haven of America. You're out of you're territory and comfort zone and your alertness level turns on. So again, do I have a problem going through a scanner prior to my flight from Detroit to Amsterdam, Atlanta to Frankfurt, Chicago to Munich, Dallas to Munich, or Atlanta to Munich, or Dallas to London? No, because this means every passenger on board my flight will have gone through the same thing, even the passengers whom look suspicious to me...........

OklaPony
11/19/2010, 10:20 AM
It seems pretty simple... if you don't want the pat down then go through the scanner. If you don't want to walk through the scanner then take the frickin' bus.

The
11/19/2010, 10:24 AM
I think its funny how people like you care more about your 4th amendment right whether than your flight making it safely to its final destination. I actually fly quite often, overseas in fact. As an American, once you're overseas you are no longer in the safe haven of America. You're out of you're territory and comfort zone and your alertness level turns on. So again, do I have a problem going through a scanner prior to my flight from Detroit to Amsterdam, Atlanta to Frankfurt, Chicago to Munich, Dallas to Munich, or Atlanta to Munich, or Dallas to London? No, because this means every passenger on board my flight will have gone through the same thing, even the passengers whom look suspicious to me...........

Yeah, silly me. That whole Constitution thing was a bad idea. The world is scary, and therefore I should let the government take care of me because I'm afraid of a highly unlikely but highly sensational boogeyman. Those founding fathers were idiots. We should give up our free speech because that's dangerous and could hurt me. We should give up our guns because guns could be used to hurt me. The government will keep me safe to live in my little world of fear.

Jammin'
11/19/2010, 10:28 AM
People with small penis.

I disagree. I like mine touched. Just not by large handed people. No need piling on.

EnragedOUfan
Yeah, silly me. That whole Constitution thing was a bad idea. The world is scary, and therefore I should let the government take care of me because I'm afraid of a highly unlikely but highly sensational boogeyman. Those founding fathers were idiots. We should give up our free speech because that's dangerous and could hurt me. We should give up our guns because guns could be used to hurt me. The government will keep me safe to live in my little world of fear.

Not what I'm saying, but I firmly believe certain measures should be taken during certain times. If you have no experience outside of Oklahoma nor the U.S., why are we even debating about this?

Soonerman82
The hit the nail on the head right there.

The
11/19/2010, 10:38 AM
Not what I'm saying, but I firmly believe certain measures should be taken during certain times. If you have no experience outside of Oklahoma nor the U.S., why are we even debating about this?

Wait, what? You think I've never been out of country? That's a tad presumptuous right there.

I hear what you're saying. You're scared. You don't think that you are able to protect yourself, and that something bad is going to happen to you. You want someone to make you feel safe. That's fine. Others who value our country based on our actual freedom and not just jingoistic nationalism feel that our rights are something that should be not only protected, but fought for. Some of us choose to not live in fear.

My Opinion Matters
11/19/2010, 10:41 AM
Hey, as long as my second amendment right to bring guns on airplanes so I can protect myself is preserved I'm not gonna cause a fuss.

Jammin'
11/19/2010, 10:43 AM
Wait, what? You think I've never been out of country? That's a tad presumptuous right there.

I hear what you're saying. You're scared. You don't think that you are able to protect yourself, and that something bad is going to happen to you. You want someone to make you feel safe. That's fine. Others who value our country based on our actual freedom and not just jingoistic nationalism feel that our rights are something that should be not only protected, but fought for. Some of us choose to not live in fear.

Some of us are thinking about moving to Canada. Mainly for the drug laws, but also so I can thumb my nose at American's.

AlboSooner
11/19/2010, 10:43 AM

I hope one of the measures we take is that when the guy's father comes to you and says: hey my son is about to blow you up, I hope they "connect" those darned dots. This business of not connecting the dots has cost the US so many lives, political capital, and money.

thecynic
11/19/2010, 10:46 AM
these screenings are the main reason I fly. I love being groped by a high school drop out and love it more thinking that they are seeing me naked. screen away beeotches.

EnragedOUfan
11/19/2010, 10:52 AM

Dude, you're an idiot. You are absolutely clueless. Where and on what are you basing this paragraph on? Do I want the Government to make me feel safer, to some extent yes because if America was lawless we would be living like Waterworld/Mad Max/Escape from New York.......Do I want my security increased when I'm flying domestic and international because their have been passed situations in which many innocent people have lost their lives due to a weakened security system, well the answer is yes to that as well....

Jammin'
11/19/2010, 10:53 AM
I have to say that if given the choice of either:

A: Being groped by a man once

or

B: Groping men as my daily job

I'll take A. Can you imagine the staff meeting where the HS dropouts were told they were going to feeling other mens balls?

The
11/19/2010, 10:56 AM
Dude, you're an idiot. You are absolutely clueless. Where and on what are you basing this paragraph on? Do I want the Government to make me feel safer, to some extent yes because if America was lawless we would be living like Waterworld/Mad Max/Escape from New York.......Do I want my security increased when I'm flying domestic and international because their have been passed situations in which many innocent people have lost their lives due to a weakened security system, well the answer is yes to that as well....

Your rage is showing.

You are saying that you want the government to make you feel safer by whatever means necessary. What about mandatory cameras and GPS trackers that we have to keep on us at all times? That would make us safer. You are saying that our constitutionally guaranteed rights are less important than your fear.

thecynic
11/19/2010, 10:56 AM
I have to say that if given the choice of either:

A: Being groped by a man once

or

B: Groping men as my daily job

I'll take A. Can you imagine the staff meeting where the HS dropouts were told they were going to feeling other mens balls?

I'm sure there was uproarious applause, as they envisioned getting to fondle Jessica Alba. Not realizing that most of flying merica is fat, ugly and doesn't bathe much

Ike
11/19/2010, 10:58 AM
TSA: #1 employer of pervs across the country.

Ain't no way I'm letting my kids go through a backscatter machine or get groped by some perv who joined up at the TSA so he could get paid to feel people up.

I'll drive instead.

Time to sell shares of the airlines and buy rental car stock. :)

Boarder
11/19/2010, 10:58 AM
Thomas Hobbes agrees with you completely.

Jammin'
11/19/2010, 10:59 AM
I'm sure there was uproarious applause, as they envisioned getting to fondle Jessica Alba. Not realizing that most of flying merica is fat, ugly and doesn't bathe much

I'm pretty sure males get pat down by males and females by females.

Which leads to a question of gay rights, of course. Why do gays get pat down by people they might want to **** but I have to get pat down by a dude?

I'm here! I'm Hetro! blah blah blah.

Jammin'
11/19/2010, 10:59 AM
Thomas Hobbes agrees with you completely.

Is that Calvin's buddy?

MR2-Sooner86
11/19/2010, 11:00 AM
Funny how nobody has mention Mooslims getting a free pass on this when it was them who did this in the first place. It's sad how the people of such a great nation willingly bend over and let the government shove a big red, white, and blue dick right up their *** in the name of whatever they want.

Ike
11/19/2010, 11:00 AM
I'm pretty sure males get pat down by males and females by females.

Which leads to a question of gay rights, of course. Why do gays get pat down by people they might want to **** but I have to get pat down by a dude?

I'm here! I'm Hetro! blah blah blah.

Oh, and all of this would go over with the travelling public if they would just hire strippers as screeners and let them work for tips.

EnragedOUfan
11/19/2010, 11:01 AM
Your rage is showing.

You are saying that you want the government to make you feel safer by whatever means necessary. What about mandatory cameras and GPS trackers that we have to keep on us at all times? That would make us safer. You are saying that our constitutionally guaranteed rights are less important than your fear.

Negative, there's no point in trying to twist around my words. I'm saying that the safety of people whom fly in the US, all around the world in fact, should have extra precautions taken to ensure safety is ensured. Never once did I mention GPS/bugs, etc.

What would be your solution if you were in charge? Would it be tough s$%^ folks, I'm will not violate the 4th amendment. Sorry......

Ike
11/19/2010, 11:01 AM
TBL3ux1o0tM

The
11/19/2010, 11:02 AM
Funny how nobody has mention Mooslims getting a free pass on this when it was them who did this in the first place. It's sad how the people of such a great nation willingly bend over and let the government shove a big red, white, and blue dick right up their *** in the name of whatever they want.

Just to frame the discussion by going on a tangent:

Catholicism, strictly defined to the Roman Catholic church, contains about the same number of members as Islam (~1 billion people). There are something like 3,000 priests accused of rape. The 9/11 terrorist attacks were carried out by 19 people.
Should all Catholics register as sex offenders?

Moral: Not all muslims are terrorists. They should not be treated as such.

EnragedOUfan
11/19/2010, 11:04 AM

Catholicism, strictly defined to the Roman Catholic church, contains about the same number of members as Islam (~1 billion people). There are something like 3,000 priests accused of rape. The 9/11 terrorist attacks were carried out by 19 people.

Stupid question.....

AlboSooner
11/19/2010, 11:05 AM
Never once mention GPS/bugs, etc.

I think The, was trying to say that little by little people are willing to give up liberties for the sense of false security. Do you ever feel completely safe? Even if you feel safe, it's just a feeling. The reality is that with so many people unable to connect the dots, something might have slipped through.

We have this tendency to trust technology, to improve technology, when it was the human's failure which led to the problem.

I heard somebody make this point: what if terrorists start putting things up in their anal cavity? Is that where we're headed?

The
11/19/2010, 11:09 AM
Negative, there's no point in trying to twist around my words. I'm saying that the safety of people whom fly in the US, all around the world in fact, should have extra precautions taken to ensure safety is ensured. Never once did I mention GPS/bugs, etc.

What would be your solution if you were in charge? Would it be tough s$%^ folks, I'm will not violate the 4th amendment. Sorry......

I'm not twisting. WTF does this even mean?:

I'm saying that the safety of people whom fly in the US, all around the world in fact, should have extra precautions taken to ensure safety is ensured.

Is this English?

The point you seem to either be missing, or obtusely ignoring is this: We are a free people because we are guaranteed certain rights by our government. The government cannot take take those rights away just because they want to. If we start giving up those rights, for whatever reason, security included, we are proving that we as a people do not value those rights, and would willingly give them up. Thus making us no longer a free country, nor a place that free people would want to live.

Ike
11/19/2010, 11:11 AM
IMO, if a terrorist makes it to airport security, we've already lost. He/she could do just as much damage, and provoke just as much terror detonating a bomb in the line for airport security (especially at a major airport), or in crowded check-in areas, as he/she could by doing it on a plane.

Jammin'
11/19/2010, 11:13 AM
Oh, and all of this would go over with the travelling public if they would just hire strippers as screeners and let them work for tips.

I like Ike.

The
11/19/2010, 11:15 AM
I like Ike.

http://www.hakes.com/product_images/14/38310/001_small.jpg

If he weren't a godless science apologist, I'd use this as my avatar.

Jammin'
11/19/2010, 11:16 AM

Hmm, for me that's the perfect reason to use it. Except I can't use a white dude or my buddies would crucify me. (i.e. stop buying me 40's)

On Edit: Guess I need to set up my profile.

Ike
11/19/2010, 11:18 AM

heh. In a few more years, my hair will look exactly like that.

thecynic
11/19/2010, 11:18 AM
Thus making us no longer a free country, nor a place that free people would want to live.

there's a place in Edmond called Free to Live, we could all go there it sounds nice

The
11/19/2010, 11:19 AM
heh. In a few more years, my hair will look exactly like that.

I can't wait to go bald. I've been trying for years.

3rdgensooner
11/19/2010, 11:19 AM
Oh, and all of this would go over with the travelling public if they would just hire strippers as screeners and let them work for tips.So you would like to be groped by a Chippendale?

Ike
11/19/2010, 11:20 AM
I can't wait to go bald. I've been trying for years.

It's a lot of fun. I used to envy people with combovers.

The
11/19/2010, 11:20 AM
So you would like to be groped by a Chippendale?

Quiet, you. I was 'batin.

thecynic
11/19/2010, 11:21 AM

Chippendale? isn't that what was in one of the Mattress Brothers?

Ike
11/19/2010, 11:21 AM

We'll hire those for the ladies.

DIB
11/19/2010, 11:26 AM
I'm curious if anyone has the stats, how many bombs/guns/real weapons (not a pocket knife) has TSA actually confiscated.

How many terrorist plots involving planes departing from a US airport would have been avoided by these security measures?

Should the US be beafing up airport security or its intelligence community?

I just want to know how much security I am actually gaining by letting the government trample on the Constitution.

soonersis
11/19/2010, 11:26 AM
Our government is too reactionary when it comes to terrorism. (ie making everyone take off their shoes AFTER a shoe bomber) They need to be more proactive in securing our right to be safe. I would personally like to see the type of airline security that El-al has. They start profiling as soon as you walk in the airport.

Jammin'
11/19/2010, 11:27 AM
I'm curious if anyone has the stats, how many bombs/guns/real weapons (not a pocket knife) has TSA actually confiscated.

How many terrorist plots involving planes departing from a US airport would have been avoided by these security measures?

I just want to know how much security I am actually gaining by letting the government trample on the Constitution.

Fair questions. What are your thoughts on Canada?

The
11/19/2010, 11:31 AM

In all seriousness, an OU ticket taker saved countless thousands during the KState game in 2005. From a white guy.

Without metal detectors, sexual assault and seeing people naked. No one's rights were violated in any way.

DIB
Fair questions. What are your thoughts on Canada?

Meh. I'd rather head south. How do you feel about Jamaica?

EnragedOUfan
I'm not twisting. WTF does this even mean?:

Is this English?

The point you seem to either be missing, or obtusely ignoring is this: We are a free people because we are guaranteed certain rights by our government. The government cannot take take those rights away just because they want to. If we start giving up those rights, for whatever reason, security included, we are proving that we as a people do not value those rights, and would willingly give them up. Thus making us no longer a free country, nor a place that free people would want to live.

This is an endless battle...... The only advice I have to you is never join the military nor do not vacation overseas. Otherwise, your feelings will get hurt. In the EU, they will no have problem randomly taking you to the side at an airport and padding you down, its happened to me....Nor will the cameras on the German Autobahn have a problem flashing you for speeding......

In the military, if you get stationed overseas, you'll be making trips back to the states to visit/PCS, etc, and you'll have to fly to get there.

You probably couldn't handle the military because the military will in fact require you to receive yearly immunizations, probably something you're against as well......

The only advice I have for you is to stay in Oklahoma. Never fly. Take a bus, you can take Greyhound all over the states.That way, you don't have to worry about getting padded down nor going through that dreaded scanner that violates your right.

As to the Constitution and our founding fathers, did you know that airplanes weren't around back in the 1700's? Cannons yes, IED's NO.......

Did you know that the Constitution has been changed? Amendments were added.....Did you know that things were a tad bit different back then than they are today?

DIB
11/19/2010, 11:32 AM
In all seriousness, an OU ticket taker saved countless thousands during the KState game 2005. From a white guy.

Without metal detectors, sexual assault and seeing people naked. No one's rights were violated in any way.

I remember. The moral of the story is that well trained humans, not technology are the best weapon against terrorism.

My Opinion Matters
11/19/2010, 11:34 AM
So I'm actually gonna side with the crazy dude with the big red spek bar on this one.

While I think the pseudo-John Wayne machismo is cute, this isn't really a discussion about protecting ourselves, succumbing to fear, or forefeiting our consitutional rights. Maybe it's upsetting to our macho American sensibilities, but the fact is we are effectively helpless and powerless in the air. It's not about our Constitutional rights. Yeah, we have the second amendment, but try bringing a loaded handgun on an airplane. Freedom of speech? Try yelling "bomb!" at 37,000 feet. There's certain precautions that have to be made, and that have always been made. If I'm boarding a plane with my family, I want the peace of mind that there's probably not some extremeist nutjob with a bomb crammed down the front of his BVD's. If that gets your panties in a wad, well, try not wearing panties to the airport that day.

The
11/19/2010, 11:34 AM
This is an endless battle...... The only advice I have to you is never join the military nor do not vacation overseas. Otherwise, your feelings will get hurt. In the EU, they will no have problem randomly taking you to the side at an airport and padding you down, its happened to me....Nor will the cameras on the German Autobahn have a problem flashing you for speeding......

In the military, if you get stationed overseas, you'll be making trips back to the states to visit/PCS, etc, and you'll have to fly to get there.

You probably couldn't handle the military because the military will in fact require you to receive yearly immunizations, probably something you're against as well......

The only advice I have for you is to stay in Oklahoma. Never fly. Take a bus, you can take Greyhound all over the states.That way, you don't have to worry about getting padded down nor going through that dreaded scanner that violates your right.

As to the Constitution and our founding fathers, did you know that airplanes weren't around back in the 1700's? Cannons yes, IED's NO.......

Did you know that the Constitution has been changed? Amendments were added.....Did you know that things were a tad bit different back then than they are today?

You're taking this a little personal, aren't you?

And no, I don't plan on taking any of your advice, well, ever.

The
11/19/2010, 11:36 AM
but the fact is we are effectively helpless and powerless in the air

Who took down the shoebomber and the underwear bomber? The passengers. You're not as powerless as you might think. (well, YOU personally are, but I'm speaking more broadly here.)

DIB
11/19/2010, 11:37 AM

If you sign up for the military, you voluntarily relinquish certain rights, therefore it does not apply to this discussion. If you are in a country other than the US, then you follow their laws, therefore it does not apply to this discussion.

The argument that because planes did not exist when the Constitution was written is immaterial. This country was founded on certain inalienable (that means it cannot be taken away) rights. The right to be free from unlawful search and seizure is one of those rights. It is the responsibility of the populous of this great country to fight the government, whenever it infringes upon any inalienable right.

thecynic
11/19/2010, 11:38 AM

ooo I love Reggae can I come too?

oh and pot, I love pot too.

My Opinion Matters
11/19/2010, 11:39 AM
Who took down the shoebomber and the underwear bomber? The passengers. You're not as powerless as you might think. (well, YOU personally are, but I'm speaking more broadly here.)

It's nice to romanticize these isolated cases of individual heroism, but I'd much rather be on a plane where the underwear bomber and shoe bomber never boarded.

I move that people on airplanes no longer wear shoes or underwear.

3rdgensooner
11/19/2010, 11:39 AM
I've heard Costa Rica is lovely (and has no extradition treaty)

DIB
11/19/2010, 11:41 AM
It's nice to romanticize these isolated cases of individual heroism, but I'd much rather be on a plane where the underwear bomber and shoe bomber never boarded.

Then lets romanticize all the times that TSA stopped a terrorist from getting through security. I just want to know how many times they stopped an underwear/shoe bomber from getting on a plane.

DIB
11/19/2010, 11:42 AM
I've heard Costa Rica is lovely (and has no extradition treaty)

What is the weed and healthcare situation? Also, can I have a pet monkey?

The
11/19/2010, 11:43 AM

Sigh.

So, going back to an earlier example, when a turrist inevitably gets caught in the near future with a trace amount of explosives smuggled on board via their ANUS and/or VAGINA, will you be willing to submit your family to cavity searches in order to feel safe?

I say they've gone too far already. At what point do you?

My Opinion Matters
11/19/2010, 11:43 AM
Then lets romanticize all the times that TSA stopped a terrorist from getting through security. I just want to know how many times they stopped an underwear/shoe bomber from getting on a plane.

I'm not looking for an internet romance, bro. Maybe a bromance though.

DIB
11/19/2010, 11:44 AM
What if a terrorist hides explosives in his penis hole? Will you allow someone to search your penis hole?

The
11/19/2010, 11:44 AM

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u108/TheSooner/tdm7kx.jpg

DIB
11/19/2010, 11:45 AM
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u108/TheSooner/tdm7kx.jpg

Why would anyone want a non-smoking monkey?

JohnnyMack
11/19/2010, 11:50 AM
Your rage is showing.

Your Sean Hannity-like leap towards fear mongering and irrational ranting is noted.

The
11/19/2010, 11:51 AM
Your Sean Hannity-like leap towards fear mongering and irrational ranting is noted.

Who the hell is Sean Hannity?

I hate the Irish, btw.

DIB
11/19/2010, 11:54 AM
I hate the Irish, btw.

I will blow you up next time I see you.:gary:

3rdgensooner
11/19/2010, 11:55 AM
I never took you for a liberal pansy.

DIB
11/19/2010, 11:57 AM
I never took you for a liberal pansy.

Pfft. I was referring to health care, not socialized medicine. I think every American should be allowed to have weed and pet monkeys without the guvment puttin' its nose in our bidness.

The
11/19/2010, 11:57 AM
I will blow you next time I see you.

http://www.sbarnabas.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/shocked-1.jpg

Jammin'
11/19/2010, 11:58 AM

I'm cool with parts of Jamaica, but I've got a client down there and it appears to be headed towards a Northern Mexico revival. If it was a safe place, I'd be all in.

ooo I love Reggae can I come too?

oh and pot, I love pot too.

I've played Bob Marley on my ipod in Canada as well as Jamaica. Both while high on local herb. It's a push.

healthcare? they have weed. From my weed iphone app I see it is pretty much the short term cure for everything. long term you're going to die but pet monkeys should improve your life while your here.

3rdgensooner
11/19/2010, 11:58 AM
I think every American should be allowed to have weed and pet monkeys without the guvment puttin' its nose in our bidness.OMGosh! TSA is adding crotch sniffers to their security screen?

My Opinion Matters
11/19/2010, 12:00 PM
Sigh.

So, going back to an earlier example, when a turrist inevitably gets caught in the near future with a trace amount of explosives smuggled on board via their ANUS and/or VAGINA, will you be willing to submit your family to cavity searches in order to feel safe?

I say they've gone too far already. At what point do you?

What if the pilot decides he always wanted to be an astronaut and decides to fly the plane to the moon? Obviously it won't ever be practical to plan for every possible contingency.

You say the cost of safety for everyone has already blurred the line for the right to privacy. That's fine, I disagree. But while we're on the subject of fearing the invisible boogeyman, that's all this noise pollution about the loss of our constitutional rights as it relates to this subject is. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think the FAA has a nefarious plot to systematically turn us all into Marxists.

DIB
11/19/2010, 12:00 PM
OMGosh! TSA is adding crotch sniffers to their security screen?

I hope so. Imma stop washin' my taint before I fly.

My Opinion Matters
11/19/2010, 12:01 PM
This thread needs more men in bathrobes.

DIB
What if the pilot decides he always wanted to be an astronaut and decides to fly the plane to the moon? Obviously it won't ever be practical to plan for every possible contingency.

You say the cost of safety for everyone has already blurred the line for the right to privacy. That's fine, I disagree. But while we're on the subject of fearing the invisible boogeyman, that's all this noise pollution about the loss of our constitutional rights as it relates to this subject is. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't think the FAA has a nefarious plot to systematically turn us all into Marxists.

You are

SoonerLVZ
People here have been brought up the underwear bomber and the shoe bomber. Let's not forget the undewear bomber was on a NO FLY LIST! His father called the US Embassy the day before he boarded the plane to say "Hey wanted to let you know my son is working with Al Qaeda, he is planing on getting on a plane tomorrow the US with a FREAKIN BOMB. Just thought you wanted to know". Sure the scanner would have worked, but he got on a plane in Africa after buying his ticket in CASH the same day and checking no luggage. Profling works, the screenings work, even do the pat down for people that raise flags, but come one this is getting out of hand.

My Opinion Matters
11/19/2010, 12:02 PM
You are

I always figured it was the Department of Fish and Wildlife that was out to get us.

The
11/19/2010, 12:02 PM

There's merit to that. I'm just opposed to what I see as the government overstepping it's bounds. Security seemed to work just fine before the x-ray porn and fondling.

And isn't it supposed to be FEMA that's gonna put us all in camps and make us be Keynsians?

soonerchk
11/19/2010, 12:03 PM
Monkeys are nasty. I want a llama.

And seriously, this would be an ideal time to allow profiling. Although, in all fairness, most 3 year olds do act like little terrorists.

The
11/19/2010, 12:04 PM
Monkeys are nasty. I want a llama.

And seriously, this would be an ideal time to allow profiling. Although, in all fairness, most 3 year olds do act like little terrorists.

Llama show?

soonerchk
11/19/2010, 12:04 PM
Llama show?

Ima gonna go camel show on you.

The
11/19/2010, 12:05 PM
Ima gonna go camel show on you.

One hump or two?

soonerchk
11/19/2010, 12:06 PM
Both if you're lucky.

3rdgensooner
11/19/2010, 12:07 PM
And seriously, this would be an ideal time to allow profiling. Although, in all fairness, most 3 year olds do act like little terrorists.As long as they profile Westboro bapterrorists too.

My Opinion Matters
11/19/2010, 12:08 PM
There's merit to that. I'm just opposed to what I see as the government overstepping it's bounds. Security seemed to work just fine before the x-ray porn and fondling.

And isn't it supposed to be FEMA that's gonna put us all in camps and make us be Keynsians?

Who doesn't like camping?

The
11/19/2010, 12:09 PM
Who doesn't like camping?

Polish Jews?

/Whoa, that was WAY out of line.....

soonerchk
11/19/2010, 12:12 PM
As long as they profile Westboro bapterrorists too.

This would be a useful place for them to protest.

The
11/19/2010, 12:13 PM
CommuBaptists?

soonerchk
11/19/2010, 12:14 PM
CommuBaptists?

PokeJ smites you from afar.

DIB
11/19/2010, 12:15 PM
CommuBaptists?

I'd let TSA search my penis hole to protect me from CommuBaptists.

The
11/19/2010, 12:16 PM
PokeJ smites you from afar.

Oh, PokeJ. The unholy amalgamation of Poko and that guy that was screwing Gina.

3rdgensooner
11/19/2010, 12:17 PM
Oh, PokeJ. The unholy amalgamation of Poko and that guy that was screwing Gina.
PokeJ has an anteater?

DIB
11/19/2010, 12:20 PM
PokeJ has an anteater?

PokeJ has a hoodie.

3rdgensooner
11/19/2010, 12:31 PM
Pistols Flaming!

soonerscuba
11/19/2010, 12:34 PM
I'm a big fan of the people that think TSA is too stupid to run an x-ray and pat down system but instead believe they are smart enough to profile and question as means of counterterrorism.

The Israeli plan of airport security isn't feasible for a nation with as many airports as the US as the money it costs to keep someone smart enough to properly profile in employment would be simply outlandish, and frankly doesn't pass a cost-benefit analysis.

NormanPride
11/19/2010, 01:08 PM
Don't they have dogs for this ****?

Jammin'
11/19/2010, 01:09 PM
Don't they have dogs for this ****?

That's just silly. We pat dogs. Not the other way around. Pfft.

MR2-Sooner86
11/19/2010, 01:26 PM

I'd go out on a limb and guess there are more bat **** crazy Muslims out there than boy loving priests. Besides, if you're Catholic and get looked at more carefully to work at a daycare of something, no, you might not be a child molester but...that's what you get for not cleaning house in the Vatican.

Anyway, that's why you get hired profilers who look at people's behavior, response to situations before boarding the plane, and are trained to spot those psychological ticks people give off. Like I said, look at Israel. Their airlines and airports are considered some of the safest in the world and look where they're at. What does that tell you? Again, it's politically correct bull****.

soonerscuba
11/19/2010, 01:31 PM
Like I said, look at Israel. Their airlines and airports are considered some of the safest in the world and look where they're at. What does that tell you?That they live in a limited geographical region that in addition to having few airports, they are the beneficiary of U.S. largesse which allows them to have security personnel that are properly trained in techniques that in no way could possibly exist in a country of hundreds of airports and 300m people.

Breadburner
11/19/2010, 01:34 PM
I feel sorry for the screeners......

MR2-Sooner86
11/19/2010, 01:37 PM
That they live in a limited geographical region that in addition to having few airports, they are the beneficiary of U.S. largesse which allows them to have security personnel that are properly trained in techniques that in no way could possibly exist in a country of hundreds of airports and 300m people.

http://www.scilfball.com/2008/predictions/red_x_mark.jpg

Sorry that's the wrong answer but thanks for playing.

You don't win today but you do get this coupon.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3150/2998573943_0c976b3fed.jpg

Leroy Lizard
11/19/2010, 01:40 PM
I've played Bob Marley on my ipod in Canada as well as Jamaica. Both while high on local herb. It's a push.

Wow, you're like the most reggae dude there ever was.

healthcare? they have weed.

Illegal in Jamaica.

DIB
11/19/2010, 01:43 PM

Illegal in Jamaica.

What about Costa Rica?

Jammin'
11/19/2010, 01:45 PM

Illegal in Jamaica.

You should smell my dreads and I never said it was legal. Pay attention. It's not legal here either.

soonerscuba
11/19/2010, 01:50 PM
http://www.scilfball.com/2008/predictions/red_x_mark.jpg

Sorry that's the wrong answer but thanks for playing.

You don't win today but you do get this coupon.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3150/2998573943_0c976b3fed.jpgNow that you have that out of your system, care to respond like an adult, or should I find you more pictures?

The
11/19/2010, 01:51 PM
Now that you have that out of your system, care to respond like an adult, or should I find you more pictures?

Moar pictures, plzkthnx.

TUSooner
11/19/2010, 02:26 PM
It's an outstanding penis. I'll PM you a pic.

Send it to Brett Favre and y'all can compare notes before forwarding. :)

The
11/19/2010, 02:27 PM
Send it to Brett Favre and y'all can compare notes before forwarding. :)

Who's Brett Favre?

DIB
11/19/2010, 02:28 PM
Who's Brett Favre?

He's my wiener cousin

Fraggle145
11/19/2010, 02:55 PM
This stuff is ridiculous. The only terrorists this will stop are the stupid ones and those aren't the ones you have to worry about.

Regardless of what has been said about those machines, the process has loopholes and those loopholes can be exploited if you are determined enough.

For example, none of the TSA agents have to go through those scans, or get patted down. Loophole. Additionally, the TSA agent only checks your boarding pass to your ID, your boarding pass can be faked, your ID can be faked. Loophole. Those machines have software software that was written by a person to display those images, if you could figure out a way to interface with the imaging machine and manipulate the software to ignore certain wavelengths of radiation you could potentially trick the scanner. Loophole. Another potential exploit is meta materials, if someone had access to a meta material that bent the radiation around the area where the meta material was located you could potentially hide a weapon.

You can label anything as saline solution and they will not examine it. So, for example if you had highly molar HCL and put that in a giant bottle and then get some chorine tablets and dissolve them in water and put that in another bottle labeled saline, they won't ask you to open the bottles. you take these giant *** bottles on the plane and make chlorine gas. OR you can just use the chlorine and HCL to cause enough panic to get access to the cockpit. loophole... Loopholes exist and nothing is foolproof.

I'm sure there's other ways to get around the security measures, the point is it's not as secure as they want you to think, it's only filtering out idiots and making us go through this retarded process so that we think we are safe, when we really aren't.

I'd say driving a rental truck full of ANFO into an international airport would cause more death and damage than taking a plane and flying it into a building. Or drive that into a mall. Have several people rent half a dozen or so small size aircraft and fly those to major cities, time the attack so that it happens during rush hour, make sure you crash into the pillars of large interstate interchanges.

That would be worse than 9/11... hell have the planes fly into the malls. Or you could destroy water treatment plants, or you could drive a bomb into a power plant.... all of these will cause more damage and chaos than taking a bomb onto a plane. If they blew up a dam that'd make a mess too.

No matter what we do, there is a counter. There is always something someone can do to cause terrorism, but giving into those fears and allowing them to change society, is exactly the purpose of terrorism.

They win because we are scared and giving up our freedoms for some false claim of security.

Fraggle145
11/19/2010, 02:56 PM
I'm taking a knife on the plane from now on...

http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2007/01/18/sapphire-knife/

http://englishrussia.com/images/saphire_knife/1.jpg

Loophole.

JohnnyMack
11/19/2010, 02:57 PM
This stuff is ridiculous. The only terrorists this will stop are the stupid ones and those aren't the ones you have to worry about.

Regardless of what has been said about those machines, the process has loopholes and those loopholes can be exploited if you are determined enough.

For example, none of the TSA agents have to go through those scans, or get patted down. Loophole. Additionally, the TSA agent only checks your boarding pass to your ID, your boarding pass can be faked, your ID can be faked. Loophole. Those machines have software software that was written by a person to display those images, if you could figure out a way to interface with the imaging machine and manipulate the software to ignore certain wavelengths of radiation you could potentially trick the scanner. Loophole. Another potential exploit is meta materials, if someone had access to a meta material that bent the radiation around the area where the meta material was located you could potentially hide a weapon.

You can label anything as saline solution and they will not examine it. So, for example if you had highly molar HCL and put that in a giant bottle and then get some chorine tablets and dissolve them in water and put that in another bottle labeled saline, they won't ask you to open the bottles. you take these giant *** bottles on the plane and make chlorine gas. OR you can just use the chlorine and HCL to cause enough panic to get access to the cockpit. loophole... Loopholes exist and nothing is foolproof.

I'm sure there's other ways to get around the security measures, the point is it's not as secure as they want you to think, it's only filtering out idiots and making us go through this retarded process so that we think we are safe, when we really aren't.

I'd say driving a rental truck full of ANFO into an international airport would cause more death and damage than taking a plane and flying it into a building. Or drive that into a mall. Have several people rent half a dozen or so small size aircraft and fly those to major cities, time the attack so that it happens during rush hour, make sure you crash into the pillars of large interstate interchanges.

That would be worse than 9/11... hell have the planes fly into the malls. Or you could destroy water treatment plants, or you could drive a bomb into a power plant.... all of these will cause more damage and chaos than taking a bomb onto a plane. If they blew up a dam that'd make a mess too.

No matter what we do, there is a counter. There is always something someone can do to cause terrorism, but giving into those fears and allowing them to change society, is exactly the purpose of terrorism.

They win because we are scared and giving up our freedoms for some false claim of security.

http://www.impawards.com/1977/posters/black_sunday.jpg

The
11/19/2010, 03:01 PM
Terroristy stuff.

Looks like SOMEONE's getting on the FBI watchlist with me....

Blue
11/19/2010, 03:07 PM

You don't get it.

"Anyone who would give up freedoms for security, deserves neither and will lose both." Ben Franklin

thecynic
11/19/2010, 03:09 PM

I'm flogging mine right now

Fraggle145
11/19/2010, 03:10 PM
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2010/11/tsa-opt-out-day-now-with-a-superfantastic-new-twist/66545/

http://nale.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Pictures/SeanKilt2.jpg

My Opinion Matters
11/19/2010, 03:10 PM
You don't get it.

"Anyone who would give up freedoms for security, deserves neither and will lose both." Ben Franklin

Ben Franklin was renowned for his millions of frequent flyer miles, among other things.

Blue
11/19/2010, 03:24 PM
Ben Franklin was renowned for his millions of frequent flyer miles, among other things.

I think it applies.

Sooner_Bob
11/19/2010, 03:26 PM
there's a place in Edmond called Free to Live, we could all go there it sounds nice

Actually it's pretty far north of Edmond. :D

Sooner_Bob
11/19/2010, 03:27 PM

The TSA took a fork away from me once. I'd forgot that it was in my backpack after using it to eat my lunch one day. ;)

Blue
11/19/2010, 03:28 PM
Again any man who would allow his 3 year old daughter or wife to be felt up by some possible perv is not a man. While we make sure little Jenny isn't strapped w/ C4, that muslim in a burka just walked by being granted immunity from the search due to her religious beliefs.

Do you not see a problem with this picture?

NormanPride
11/19/2010, 03:28 PM
Do the terrorists still win if I don't give a ****?

Ike
11/19/2010, 03:31 PM
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2010/11/tsa-opt-out-day-now-with-a-superfantastic-new-twist/66545/

http://nale.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Pictures/SeanKilt2.jpg

I now declare this thread over. Fraggle wins.

Ike
11/19/2010, 03:32 PM
Do the terrorists still win if I don't give a ****?

Not giving a **** actually gives them 3.14159... wins.

The
11/19/2010, 03:33 PM
Not giving a **** actually gives them 3.14159... wins.

That number seems awfully pi.....

soonerchk
11/19/2010, 03:33 PM

I'll be kicking mine if we lose tomorrow.

3rdgensooner
11/19/2010, 03:34 PM
Again any man who would allow his 3 year old daughter or wife to be felt up by some possible perv is not a man.
You actually "allow" or "disallow" your wife to do things?

Sooner_Bob
11/19/2010, 03:36 PM
Again any man who would allow his 3 year old daughter or wife to be felt up by some possible perv is not a man. While we make sure little Jenny isn't strapped w/ C4, that muslim in a burka just walked by being granted immunity from the search due to her religious beliefs.

Do you not see a problem with this picture?

If that actually happens then yes there will be major problems . . .

My Opinion Matters
11/19/2010, 03:37 PM
Quoting founding fathers that have been dead for centuries out of context is fun!

Who said this one?

"Pay as a remission of taxes to every poor family, out of the surplus taxes, and in room of poor-rates, four pounds a year for every child under fourteen years of age."?

And this one:

"Create a national fund, out of which there shall be paid to every person, when arrived at the age of twenty-one years, the sum of fifteen pounds sterling, as a compensation in part, for the loss of his or her natural inheritance, by the introduction of the system of landed property." ?

Blue
11/19/2010, 03:38 PM
You actually "allow" or "disallow" your wife to do things?
Allow- "Would Stand For"

Better?

Blue
11/19/2010, 03:46 PM
Quoting founding fathers that have been dead for centuries out of context is fun!

Who said this one?

"Pay as a remission of taxes to every poor family, out of the surplus taxes, and in room of poor-rates, four pounds a year for every child under fourteen years of age."?

And this one:

"Create a national fund, out of which there shall be paid to every person, when arrived at the age of twenty-one years, the sum of fifteen pounds sterling, as a compensation in part, for the loss of his or her natural inheritance, by the introduction of the system of landed property." ?

Out of context? I don't think so.

thecynic
11/19/2010, 03:52 PM
it seems we're almost to a point where the TSA says, "if you want to fly, we've got to fist"

Jammin'
11/19/2010, 03:53 PM
it seems we're almost to a point where the TSA says, "if you want to fly, we've got to fist"

shamp will be delighted.

soonerchk
11/19/2010, 03:53 PM
I'm gonna get felt up just to go to Vegas. Big deal, it's not like I was planning to take my dignity with me.

The
11/19/2010, 03:54 PM
I'm gonna get felt up just to go to Vegas. Big deal, it's not like I was planning to take my dignity with me.

Like you had any of that anyways.

3rdgensooner
it seems we're almost to a point where the TSA says, "if you want to fly, we've got to fist"http://x88.xanga.com/cb6f705bd1430270822392/m216006961.jpg

"Go on"

soonerchk
Like you had any of that anyways.

I did, but a tailgate ate it.

The
11/19/2010, 03:55 PM
I did, but a tailgate ate it.

Was it the one with the naked fat girl?

soonerchk
11/19/2010, 03:58 PM
Was it the one with the naked fat girl?

No, the one with the buttsecks balloon hat.

The
11/19/2010, 03:59 PM
No, the one with the buttsecks balloon hat.

Cool, that was the first one I atten... hey, wait a minute!

proud gonzo
11/19/2010, 04:06 PM
You don't get it.

here's the CORRECT quote:

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin, Pennsylvania Assembly: Reply to the Governor, November 11, 1755.

STUpendOUs
11/19/2010, 04:29 PM
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5171/historicalaccuracy2hist.jpg

DIB
11/19/2010, 04:44 PM
The TSA took a fork away from me once. I'd forgot that it was in my backpack after using it to eat my lunch one day. ;)

Success! Catastrophe averted!

soonerchk
11/19/2010, 04:47 PM
Can you even imagine the chaos if it had been a spork?

DIB
11/19/2010, 04:49 PM
Can you even imagine the chaos if it had been a spork?

I'm fairly certain that the airport would have been shut down.

soonerchk
11/19/2010, 04:51 PM
I'm fairly certain that the airport would have been shut down.

Bob would still be in Guantanamo.

DIB
11/19/2010, 04:53 PM
Bob would still be in Guantanamo.

From the sound of things, he probably should be. Waterboard that ****er till he gives up his cutlery source.

NormanPride
11/19/2010, 04:55 PM
I've seen the "naked pictures". If you're embarrassed by that then you need help. It's like being embarrassed by an x-ray.

Of course, I've seen some pretty dang sexy x-rays...

soonerchk
11/19/2010, 04:56 PM
I've seen the "naked pictures". If you're embarrassed by that then you need help. It's like being embarrassed by an x-ray.

I know I like to polish up the plate in my head before getting one.

The
11/19/2010, 04:57 PM

http://twitter.com/TSAscan

Penguin
11/19/2010, 04:57 PM
Flying is an elitist privilege. Stop bitching and moaning about it. Take a ****ing train if it's that big of a deal for you. Take a boat. Take a bus. Nobody is forcing you to fly.

Don't give me "the terrorists have won when TSA pats us down" crap. When 100% of us convert to fundamentalist Islam, then and only then do the terrorists win.

My Opinion Matters
11/19/2010, 04:59 PM

Like this one?

http://i55.tinypic.com/rtn881.jpg

DIB
11/19/2010, 05:03 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JO2OK5G8gZI/SnEFlmS-KqI/AAAAAAAABIk/y2BRg0FVT3k/s400/SM1580~Screw-You-Hippie-Posters.jpg

Jammin'
11/19/2010, 05:04 PM
don't take this **** penguin.

unless your stoned, then just laugh it off.

NormanPride
11/19/2010, 05:04 PM
Like this one?

http://i55.tinypic.com/rtn881.jpg

That coke is probably too warm to drink now.

The
11/19/2010, 05:05 PM
That coke is probably too warm to drink now.

I've got a video about a pickle jar you may be interested in.

NormanPride
11/19/2010, 05:09 PM
I've seen it. What a waste of pickles...

Penguin
11/19/2010, 05:17 PM
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5171/historicalaccuracy2hist.jpg

Wait a minute. Why is Benjamin Franklin getting turned on by 2 young boys and a pitcher of Kool-Aid?

Jammin'
11/19/2010, 05:20 PM
Wait a minute. Why is Benjamin Franklin getting turned on by 2 young boys and a pitcher of Kool-Aid?

He's hot from flying the kite in his hand.

He's horny because he was flying it with the slave girl seen over his right shoulder.

YW,H

Blue
11/19/2010, 05:29 PM
here's the CORRECT quote:

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin, Pennsylvania Assembly: Reply to the Governor, November 11, 1755.

Thank you for correcting that. It was just off the top of my head.

Leroy Lizard
11/19/2010, 05:45 PM
You should smell my dreads and I never said it was legal. Pay attention. It's not legal here either.

Don't tell me you're a White rasta wanna-be. LOL!

So you listen to Bob Marley and smoke pot. Wow. That's like wearing a beret in France with a loaf of bread under your arm while singing Frère Jacques.

Jammin'
11/19/2010, 05:52 PM
Don't tell me you're a White rasta wanna-be. LOL!

So you listen to Bob Marley and smoke pot. Wow. That's like wearing a beret in France with a loaf of bread under your arm while singing Frère Jacques.

You are good. That's me exactly. A big white, Bob Marley, dread wearing, pot smoker from Texas.

(I added in the Texas part since it was missing)

Spring
11/19/2010, 05:53 PM
You are good. That's me exactly. A big white, Bob Marley, dread wearing, pot smoker from Texas.

(I added in the Texas part since it was missing)

wait...wait...wait... I thought you were from Stillwater.

Jammin'
11/19/2010, 05:53 PM
wait...wait...wait... I thought you were from Stillwater.

Shut it sponge.

On Edit: I WAS from Stillwater.

2nd Edit: Well, ****, that's exactly what you said.

3rd Edit: But the meaning could work several ways, so my first edit wasn't totally off base.

4th Edit: Have a nice weekend hippies.

Penguin
11/19/2010, 06:10 PM
I'm pretty sure that it would be quite impossible for Benjamin Franklin to meet the Kool-Aid Man. I mean, one's a fictional character and the other one's made of Kool Aid.

Frozen Sooner
11/19/2010, 07:25 PM
I find it somewhat amusing that some of the same people are complaining about the alleged violation THEIR Fourth Amendment rights but are totally cool with the same violation of someone ELSE's Fourth Amendment rights based on a categorization that's impermissible under the First Amendment.

Leroy Lizard
11/19/2010, 07:31 PM
I find it somewhat amusing that some of the same people are complaining about the alleged violation THEIR Fourth Amendment rights but are totally cool with the same violation of someone ELSE's Fourth Amendment rights based on a categorization that's impermissible under the First Amendment.

If police are groping illegal aliens' private parts in Arizona, I'll take a stand against it.

Blue
11/19/2010, 07:35 PM
The law in Arizona isn't right either. Muslims being singled out isn't right either.

Whats wrong are these measures. As long as the border remains wide open to anyone and everyone, they can spare the "We're doing this for your own safety" bit.

Blue
11/19/2010, 07:37 PM

Besides being amused, what do you think about it?

Leroy Lizard
11/19/2010, 07:40 PM
The law in Arizona isn't right either. Muslims being singled out isn't right either.

Are they being singled our or are they asking for preferential treatment?

Blue
11/19/2010, 07:51 PM
Are they being singled our or are they asking for preferential treatment?

They are asking for preferential treatment. Which is BS.

This whole thing is BS.

Blue
11/19/2010, 07:55 PM
Me personally if I want to go somewhere bad enough, I'll take my dose of radiation.

I'd just like to hear what parents think. There are questions about the safety and the privacy of the scanners. Would you allow your 6 year old to go through them? If not, would you allow some idiot feel them up?

They could be a criminal you know and we gotta train them young that they're guilty until proven innocent in the Good ol USofA.

proud gonzo
11/19/2010, 08:11 PM
All I have to say is if they keep using these scanners at the airports I'll be taking a lot more road trips instead of flying--especially when we have kids in a few years.

My Opinion Matters
11/19/2010, 08:27 PM
There's not a legitimate health concern related to the levels of radiation emitted from these scanners. You're exposed to a more substantial amount of radiation while you're on the airplane.

proud gonzo
11/19/2010, 08:35 PM
With radiation and nekkid pictures of me and my family versus being groped by TSA agents, not to mention the normal hassles of air travel (delayed, overbooked flights, being stuck in a closed metal tube with screaming children, fat people taking up your seat, in flight snacks for $5, no leg room, and jerks sneezing and coughing on you) driving seems like the much simpler third option, unless I'm planning to go overseas. Costs are comparable, no unwanted groping, and there are WAY more restaurants to choose from along the way.

My Opinion Matters
11/19/2010, 08:38 PM
No argument here; flying sucks a hard one.

Frozen Sooner
11/19/2010, 09:00 PM
Besides being amused, what do you think about it?

I don't think you Article IV right to travel is unduly burdened by being made to submit to this procedure. While the procedure itself probably doesn't help much, if it offends me that badly there's alternatives.

As for what I think about profiling Muslims, I think that anyone who thinks Muslims who don't want you to think they're Muslims look any different from non-Muslims is an idiot. So unless we want to require registration of a person's religion (and good luck with getting THAT done accurately OR constitutionally) then it's a non-starter.

soonerinkaty
11/19/2010, 09:03 PM
I take nekkid pictures of myself everyday, this ain't no big deal..

Frozen Sooner
11/19/2010, 09:04 PM
By the way, just because I don't care too much about passing through a full-body scanner doesn't mean you shouldn't be. By all means, be outraged. Someone's gotta keep the three guys who practice constitutional law employed, and if it weren't for people getting outraged about stuff I probably wouldn't have cared about we wouldn't have a bunch of the rights we enjoy today. Just be sure that when you assert a right, you're cool with everyone else having it.

AlboSooner
11/19/2010, 09:39 PM
There is a saying in Greece: why whip the saddle when you can whip the donkey.

The guys who are paid to keep us safe fail to do their job, so we have to bear the brunt of governmental self-righteousness and overreaction. FBI and CIA can't talk to one-another to avert 9/11, but by goalie we will spy on Americans, invade a few countries, feel you up, and pass you through radiation, for it. While George Tennet gets decorated for being a failed CIA director.

From reading some replies here, looks like the donkey is starting to like the whip.

Leroy Lizard
11/19/2010, 10:15 PM
There's not a legitimate health concern related to the levels of radiation emitted from these scanners. You're exposed to a more substantial amount of radiation while you're on the airplane.

Sure, but not x-rays.

After all, sunlight is radiation. I've held an alpha-emitter in my hand that made a survey meter (Geiger counter) go ballistic. No big.

What are the rad measures for each?

My Opinion Matters
11/19/2010, 10:26 PM
Sure, but not x-rays.

After all, sunlight is radiation. I've held an alpha-emitter in my hand that made a survey meter (Geiger counter) go ballistic. No big.

.005 mrems. To put that in perspective, that's about .0005% of the dose you would receive in a typical diagnostic CT scan.

Ike
11/19/2010, 10:27 PM
Sure, but not x-rays.

They claim that the radiation dose from the machine is 2 microsieverts (I think...I may be high by an order of magnitude) Which, as I understand, would be more than fine if the dose were distributed evenly throughout the entire body. But because it's low energy x-rays, the vast majority of the dose is deposited on the skin. (higher energy xrays will often travel through the skin before depositing energy). And from what I understand, there is some concern about that that has not yet been addressed...particularly for the elderly and for children, and possibly presenting dangers for male reproduction. (See the letter UCSF faculty wrote to the Presidents science advisor http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/ucsf-jph-letter.pdf ).

Further, there is concern about what may happen if there is a hardware glitch or software glitch during a scan. You may get a more concentrated dose at one location...which could be pretty bad.

Leroy Lizard
11/19/2010, 10:36 PM
.005 mrems. To put that in perspective, that's about .0005% of the dose you would receive in a typical diagnostic CT scan.

Agreed. Since they're not trying to penetrate the skin, the dosage would be far smaller than a typical chest x-ray.

Leroy Lizard
11/19/2010, 10:43 PM
They claim that the radiation dose from the machine is 2 microsieverts (I think...I may be high by an order of magnitude) Which, as I understand, would be more than fine if the dose were distributed evenly throughout the entire body. But because it's low energy x-rays, the vast majority of the dose is deposited on the skin. (higher energy xrays will often travel through the skin before depositing energy).

Yep, keeping in mind that the energy is related to the frequency of the x-rays, not the intensity. I find that this confuses the **** out of people because they tend to think that more radiation means (ahem) deeper penetration.

(I had no reason to post this comment other than as an excuse to write "deeper penetration.")

And from what I understand, there is some concern about that that has not yet been addressed...particularly for the elderly and for children, and possibly presenting dangers for male reproduction. (See the letter UCSF faculty wrote to the Presidents science advisor http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/ucsf-jph-letter.pdf ).

Further, there is concern about what may happen if there is a hardware glitch or software glitch during a scan. You may get a more concentrated dose at one location...which could be pretty bad.

Gonad covers, anyone?

Are the x-ray machines required to possess the same safety precautions as regular medical equipment? Or are these industrial x-ray machines adapted for use on humans?

Penguin
11/19/2010, 10:51 PM
Woah. If my junk started glowing green, that would be awesome.

Ike
11/19/2010, 10:55 PM
Yep, keeping in mind that the energy is related to the frequency of the x-rays, not the intensity. I find that this confuses the **** out of people because they tend to think that more radiation means (ahem) deeper penetration.

(I had no reason to post this comment other than as an excuse to write "deeper penetration.")

and thus, relating the dose to a chest xray is misleading. the danger may be one or two orders of magnitude higer to the skin, which is not trivial for frequent fliers. (forgive my lack of capitalization...can only use one hand right now since im holding my sleeping daughter).

Gonad covers, anyone?

Are the x-ray machines required to possess the same safety precautions as regular medical equipment? Or are these industrial x-ray machines adapted for use on humans?

dunno

Frozen Sooner
11/19/2010, 11:22 PM
There is a saying in Greece: why whip the saddle when you can whip the donkey.

The guys who are paid to keep us safe fail to do their job, so we have to bear the brunt of governmental self-righteousness and overreaction. FBI and CIA can't talk to one-another to avert 9/11, but by goalie we will spy on Americans, invade a few countries, feel you up, and pass you through radiation, for it. While George Tennet gets decorated for being a failed CIA director.

From reading some replies here, looks like the donkey is starting to like the whip.

If you think I'm for warrantless wiretaps or the invasion of Iraq under the pretenses we used, you've got the wrong guy. I did, however, think we had adequate grounds to invade Iraq without the terrorism canard.

Frozen Sooner
11/19/2010, 11:22 PM
Woah. If my junk started glowing green, that would be awesome.

It's not supposed to do that normally.

Oh.

Um.

ELP Sooner
11/20/2010, 12:13 AM

No it doesnt mean that EVERY PASSENGER went through the same screening. That is why TSA is a joke. If the terrorists wanted to avoid the nudie scan just fly out of a podunk airport (without the nudie scan) to a hub airport like you mentioned...and then connect....he might have the seat next to you. Simple. Enjoy your illusion of security and have a nice flight!

Blue
11/20/2010, 01:15 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs581.ash2/150386_1725930474432_1423504634_31838262_1065158_n .jpg

Leroy Lizard
11/20/2010, 01:52 AM
...can only use one hand right now since im ).

No! It's too easy! Must not do it!

Blue
11/21/2010, 02:14 AM
Good times! Wake up!

skkCpnCm7iM

Blue
11/21/2010, 02:57 AM
Anybody want to defend that?

Oh and be prepared to cough up 11 thousand dollars if you opt out of your screening, slave. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/sfl-airport-scans-pat-downs-refual-20101121,0,5604032.story

TheHumanAlphabet
11/21/2010, 05:42 AM
What I don't understand, you balk, they interview you and you leave with all your stuff. What is the theory for charging you an 11k fine? They have your info, they can look you up, why the fine???

Oh and what they are not saying - do they place you on the No Fly list?

proud gonzo
11/21/2010, 05:53 AM
What I don't understand, you balk, they interview you and you leave with all your stuff. What is the theory for charging you an 11k fine? They have you're info, they can look you up, why the fine???

Oh and what they are not saying - do they place you on the No Fly list?

dunno what the fine would be for, but I assume if you refuse the scan and search that makes you "suspicious."

BTW--did anyone read this one? TSA pat-down leaves bladder cancer survivor covered in urine (http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/2010/11/20/tsa-pat-down-leaves-bladder-cancer-survivor-covered-in-urine/)

AlboSooner
11/21/2010, 12:13 PM
BTW--did anyone read this one? TSA pat-down leaves bladder cancer survivor covered in urine (http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/2010/11/20/tsa-pat-down-leaves-bladder-cancer-survivor-covered-in-urine/)

pretty pretty sad. another poster said: if we have to rely on TSA people to keep us safe, we're doomed.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/21/2010, 12:22 PM
Mouthbreathers. Every damn one.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/21/2010, 03:55 PM
1. This thread makes me think about that hall-of-fame-worthy thread from a few years ago over at O'Connells about SoCali battling the TSA agents when he tried to smuggle Cuban cigars into the U.S. from Cabo.

2. The obvious solution is a market-based solution. Let the airlines designate each flight as either a Classic Search or a Strip-r-Grope Search. Let the consumers choose which they'll fly. The airport can set up two or more lines to divide the choices. You can be assured everyone on your flight was searched the same way you were.

3. It's a shame we let former gov't bureaucrats lobby Congress to convince them into spending $300 million in stimulus money to buy the new scanners. Running them will cost another $340 million each year. Operating them means 5,000 added TSA personnel, growing the screener workforce by 10 percent.

Former gov't bureaucrats should be exiled to syberiaville with ankle bracelets, just like a paroled sex offender, so that an alarm goes off if they get too close to lawmakers in Washington.

4. In all seriousness, there are public safety issues that make a market-based solution unlikely. After all, hijacked airplanes can fly into tall buldings so it's not just the travelers who might be inconvenienced by a terrorist onboard.

However, the strip-r-grope solution fails bigtime on a cost-risk-benefit analysis. Would-be terrorists can already beat the new search in a way only TSA agents trained as proctologists can whip.

proud gonzo
11/21/2010, 04:36 PM
pretty pretty sad. another poster said: if we have to rely on TSA people to keep us safe, we're doomed.

no kidding.

afs
11/21/2010, 05:30 PM
I'm going to say that my personal privacy is worth the risk that I might die in an airplane. Life shouldn't be risk free and people shouldn't expect the government to protect them from everything.

But I'm sure the airlines are a bigger driving force in this opposed to the American people. It's bad business for airplanes to go boom and economics is just another area that the government has decided they will protect me from.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/21/2010, 06:27 PM
I'm going to say that my personal privacy is worth the risk that I might die in an airplane. Life shouldn't be risk free and people shouldn't expect the government to protect them from everything.

But I'm sure the airlines are a bigger driving force in this opposed to the American people. It's bad business for airplanes to go boom and economics is just another area that the government has decided they will protect me from.

Are you retarded?

Your personal investment in YOU dying in an airplane is not the issue.

It's Samir bouncing the damn thing off a building or school, making your death somewhat insignificant amongst the overall carnage. You know, like they did September 11th? The thousands they killed that WEREN'T on the plane?

Last time I checked there's not a clause in the Constitution guaranteeing your right to board at Gate 14 on the Eagle to Dallas.

Blue
11/21/2010, 07:30 PM
Are you retarded?

It's Samir bouncing the damn thing off a building or school, making your death somewhat insignificant amongst the overall carnage. You know, like they did September 11th? The thousands they killed that WEREN'T on the plane?

Last time I checked there's not a clause in the Constitution guaranteeing your right to board at Gate 14 on the Eagle to Dallas.

How do feel about that video a few posts back of a little boy being strip searched?

My Opinion Matters
11/21/2010, 07:42 PM
Are you retarded?

Word.

People have short memories.

MR2-Sooner86
11/21/2010, 07:51 PM
mVvwxaX3Zlc

Penguin
11/21/2010, 08:16 PM
Take a train. Take a boat.

Nobody is holding a gun to your head to take a plane. Unless, of course, you're a guest on Con Air. If that's the case, the strip searches will be the least of your complaints.

AlboSooner
11/21/2010, 10:07 PM
I don't think that TSA screening methods and freedom not to fly are the same issue. Both are two completely different issues, in my humble opinion.

Some people who have to fly as part of their job could say they are being forced to fly.

JohnnyMack
11/21/2010, 10:14 PM
Some people who have to fly as part of their job could say they are being forced to fly.

Rarely would you be hired and not be told that travel might be part of your job.

Penguin
11/21/2010, 10:15 PM
My opinion is that a raghead bringing down another plane is a bigger tragedy than a TSA brushing against your junk for 0.2 seconds.

Besides, isn't the pat down ONLY for people who set off the metal detector several times AND refuse the body scanner?

AlboSooner
11/21/2010, 10:28 PM
The pat-down is for people who refuse to go through the machine. Fearing an increase in numbers of people who opt-out, TSA has started issuing fines for not going through the machine.

If the terrorist has made it to the airport security, we are doomed. You can't expect lowly trained, exceptionally average people to un-earth terrorist plots. I say this because everytime the FBI tests the airports, it finds holes you run drive your truck through them.

The safety measures are only smoke-screens to ease the minds of the people. In reality they offer, little to no protection. Our sole protection against the terrorists are the FBI and CIA.

I am only debating in principle, as personally I would save my self the headache of being punished by the government, and just go through the machine. It's sad to see America lose some of its valued principles, imo.

EnragedOUfan
11/22/2010, 05:55 AM
The pat-down is for people who refuse to go through the machine. Fearing an increase in numbers of people who opt-out, TSA has started issuing fines for not going through the machine.

If the terrorist has made it to the airport security, we are doomed. You can't expect lowly trained, exceptionally average people to un-earth terrorist plots. I say this because everytime the FBI tests the airports, it finds holes you run drive your truck through them.

The safety measures are only smoke-screens to ease the minds of the people. In reality they offer, little to no protection. Our sole protection against the terrorists are the FBI and CIA.

I am only debating in principle, as personally I would save my self the headache of being punished by the government, and just go through the machine. It's sad to see America lose some of its valued principles, imo.

How much do you really know about this issue?? Are you employed by TSA? Do you work for the Department of Homeland Security? Are the statistics of how many items are confiscated annually by the TSA emailed directly to you so you can view them and make the determination that safety measures offer "little to no protection"?

AlboSooner
11/22/2010, 10:50 AM
How much do you really know about this issue?? Are you employed by TSA? Do you work for the Department of Homeland Security? Are the statistics of how many items are confiscated annually by the TSA emailed directly to you so you can view them and make the determination that safety measures offer "little to no protection"?

I just read what's out there. I don't work for the TSA. I don't really know much about this issue, however we have to be fair and say that the shoe bomber, and the underwear bomber were not stopped by TSA, but rather we got lucky, and people in the plane intervened. Now I could reverse your argument against your point of view but that would be counterproductive to the discussion. Neither you or I work for the TSA and know how many hair products the TSA confiscates each year.

I did read this story this morning:

TSA Pat Down Went Too Far, Agency Chief Says

the beleaguered head of the Transportation Security Administration said today that at least one airport passenger screening went too far when an officer reached inside a traveler's underwear, and the agency is open to rethinking its current protocols.

An ABC News employee said she was subject to a "demeaning" search at Newark Liberty International Airport Sunday morning.

"The woman who checked me reached her hands inside my underwear and felt her way around," she said. "It was basically worse than going to the gynecologist. It was embarrassing. It was demeaning. It was inappropriate."

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/tsa-responds-passenger-outrages-underwear-search-happen/story?id=12208932

soonercruiser
11/22/2010, 11:46 AM
Dang!
I pulled a groin muscle yesterday!
Guess I'll have to schedule a flight to get a good massage.
:rolleyes:

The Profit
11/22/2010, 11:58 AM
My problem with TSA is that it hired the same morons, who once worked for the private airport security units. Maybe a high school diploma is required to be hired as a TSA agent, but I am not so sure about that. I travel a considerable amount, and I never cease to be amazed by these people. While standing in line, I always hear them talking about the exact same thing. "When are you going on break?" one of them will ask. The other one will reply, "I just got off break, but I will get another break in 2 hours." Then, the first guy will say, "when are you going to lunch?" The next guy will answer "I can't go to lunch until the other 3 agents are back from break."

The difference between European airport screening and what we have in the United States is laughable.

The
11/22/2010, 12:14 PM
My problem with TSA is that it hired the same morons, who once worked for the private airport security units. Maybe a high school diploma is required to be hired as a TSA agent, but I am not so sure about that. I travel a considerable amount, and I never cease to be amazed by these people. While standing in line, I always hear them talking about the exact same thing. "When are you going on break?" one of them will ask. The other one will reply, "I just got off break, but I will get another break in 2 hours." Then, the first guy will say, "when are you going to lunch?" The next guy will answer "I can't go to lunch until the other 3 agents are back from break."

The difference between European airport screening and what we have in the United States is laughable.

TSA QUALIFICATIONS:

Have reached his/her 18th birthday at the time of application submission;
Be proficient in English (e.g., reading, writing,
speaking, and listening);
Have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent; OR
Have at least one year of full-time work experience in security
work, aviation screener work, or X-ray technician work.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/22/2010, 12:53 PM
^ How is this improving our air security???

It ain't people... We need to profile like El Al does, we need to have good security info that then helps profile people.

The SAN guy who just today (or so) dropped drawer to his skivvies for the pat down and was refused a pat down screening UNTIL he put his clothes back on is getting ridiculous!!

They are Nazi's and have the power to let you on a plane or not. Has nothing to do with being safer. It is all show and the gubment is the show master...

I vocally eschewed the back scatter device, but went through it as I didn't want to be groped or inconvenienced more than I was... Then they make you "wait" for the image to be revealed and the wait guy tells you it is okay. This is stupid and will not stop anyone. Profiling will stop people...

Blue
11/23/2010, 01:53 AM
This video gets posted and the "Great Rational Americans" continue to defend it. Could one of you please defend this video? You are a disgrace.

skkCpnCm7iM