PDA

View Full Version : Courtside seats

Dwight
11/18/2010, 10:53 PM
A friend and I attended the game against Texas Southern this evening. As you may have noticed, hardly anyone showed up to the game. About 5 minutes before half time, we noticed 6 empty courtside seats that had been empty the entire game. We walked onto the court and got stopped by the "security" lady.

She said we couldn't sit there because we didn't have tickets. I made it very clear that those 6 seats had been empty the entire game, but she still wouldn't let us go. So we sat in the second row without any questions asked. With 2 minutes left in the game, I asked the lady on the other end of the court if we could sit in the front, and she happily let us. Thank you, old blonde lady. It was chill.

Soonerus
11/18/2010, 10:58 PM
One reason OU has low attendance at the b-ball games is because of there totally unreasonable approach on things like this...they have been doing it for years and people finally just quit going...

Dwight
11/18/2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah, it is ridiculous. It's perfectly fine if I sit in the second row, but so help me God, if I sit in the empty first row without a ticket...:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused:

Collier11
11/19/2010, 12:48 AM
most schools and even pro teams will allow the lower bowl to fill up after half if the seats are routinely empty, not OU

We snuck down to the 6th row for the Thunder vs Blazers last Friday and no one said a word, absolutely unreal that OU is so ****ty about it

Soonerus
11/19/2010, 12:50 AM
OU is very weird about it and they should embrace it...

yermom
11/19/2010, 12:59 AM
Texas has a policy on this so that there aren't empty seats on TV or something

i blame empty seats on them giving football priority points for basketball season tickets

big donors get good seats they never use

badger
11/19/2010, 09:48 AM
cept for big conference games :rolleyes:

...sooner
11/19/2010, 10:30 AM
last night they did encourage fans to come down. they are stupid about this. i HATE it.

Boomer.....
11/19/2010, 10:39 AM
I wish they would even close off the upper bowl during some of these games. It makes it look like there are only hundreds of people there instead of thousands. While it looked dead, during the second half the crowd was loud. It was nice!

WichitaSooner
11/19/2010, 11:20 AM
Texas has a policy on this so that there aren't empty seats on TV or something

i blame empty seats on them giving football priority points for basketball season tickets

big donors get good seats they never use

That is absolutely incorrect... To get good lower level seats in the LNC you are spending probably $1000 a seat and getting only 2 priority points... You would get A LOT more points if you gave that money directly to the Sooner Club.

This is a common myth that won't die...

BTW, at EVERY game so far this year they are not only allowing people to move to the lower level, but even coming into the upper level and telling people they can move down...

Now floor seats are a whole different animal and it's a little ridiculous to expect to get to sit there... but they are actively trying to get folks to move lower this year. But, then again, y'all would know that if you had been to all the games this year... :D

nativesooner
11/19/2010, 11:21 AM
Last year and the year before they said their policy was that us cheap seat folks could come down after the first TV timeout. The bad thing is that sometimes when I attempted it, I was turned away. I guess it's a halfa**ed policy?

Dwight
11/19/2010, 05:54 PM
That is absolutely incorrect... To get good lower level seats in the LNC you are spending probably $1000 a seat and getting only 2 priority points... You would get A LOT more points if you gave that money directly to the Sooner Club.

This is a common myth that won't die...

BTW, at EVERY game so far this year they are not only allowing people to move to the lower level, but even coming into the upper level and telling people they can move down...

Now floor seats are a whole different animal and it's a little ridiculous to expect to get to sit there... but they are actively trying to get folks to move lower this year. But, then again, y'all would know that if you had been to all the games this year... :D

I fully expect to sit there if it's the 2nd half and no one sat there the entire game. I know I didn't pay for it, but no one else did, either.

WichitaSooner
11/22/2010, 11:10 AM
I fully expect to sit there if it's the 2nd half and no one sat there the entire game. I know I didn't pay for it, but no one else did, either.

you may GET to sit there... but you shouldn't EXPECT to sit there. I chose my words carefully.

And I can promise you those seats are paid for. Sucks that whoever paid for them isn't using them... most likely a business/company or group of them that get together and buy the premium seats... which is why sometimes those seats aren't used.

OUstud
11/22/2010, 03:04 PM
I bet the athletic department would save a decent amount of money if they cut the event staff in half. There's zero reason there should be so many of them in the LNC. They almost outnumber the fans!

badger
11/22/2010, 03:42 PM
I have never sat in a bad seat at LNC - unless we're judging based on the color of those bright red chairs :mad: So really, how many people move down to the lower level after offered, or just choose to stay upstairs? I saw that happen several years ago. People just stayed where they were :)

...sooner
11/22/2010, 04:50 PM
I bet the athletic department would save a decent amount of money if they cut the event staff in half. There's zero reason there should be so many of them in the LNC. They almost outnumber the fans!

holy crap i know! do they think we are going to rush the court every game?! i dont understand... not only do they have them on the stairs but now above EVERY section. LNC is getting a little ridiculous