PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think Saban to Dallas ?

boomermagic
11/18/2010, 07:58 PM
If it happens and IT WILL IMO Bama goes after Bob.. What ya think ?

jumperstop
11/18/2010, 08:01 PM
He's had his time in the NFL, I think he'll probably stay at Bama. And if he leaves, Bama isn't getting Bob. I can't believe people would still think there is a chance of him leaving...Of course people think this every time there is a coaching vacancy.

MeMyself&Me
11/18/2010, 08:02 PM
Why would Bob go to Bama?

allanace16
11/18/2010, 08:05 PM
Bob will hand over road coaching duties to me before Nick Saban leaves Bama for anything involving the letters "NFL".

But no seriously, I think Nick Saban's no idiot, and it's proven his micromanaging style isn't very NFL compatible, especially in a situation where someone else always has to reach their hand in the management pot (Jerruh).

boomermagic
11/18/2010, 08:05 PM
I SAID Bama will go after Bob if they loose Saban.. WHERE did you see that I thought Bob would leave ? SHOW ME ?????????

jumperstop
11/18/2010, 08:06 PM
I SAID Bama will go after Bob if they loose Saban.. WHERE did you see that I thought Bob would leave ? SHOW ME ?????????

They won't even go after him cause they like winning on the road....wait....

boomermagic
11/18/2010, 08:08 PM
They won't even go after him cause they like winning on the road....wait....

:D

ashley
11/18/2010, 08:12 PM
Jerry wants the guy they have now. Why would Nick take a cut?

boomermagic
11/18/2010, 08:13 PM
Bob will hand over road coaching duties to me before Nick Saban leaves Bama for anything involving the letters "NFL".

But no seriously, I think Nick Saban's no idiot, and it's proven his micromanaging style isn't very NFL compatible, especially in a situation where someone else always has to reach their hand in the management pot (Jerruh).

I think Dallas will throw some BIG bucks at Saban..

boomermagic
11/18/2010, 08:13 PM
Jerry wants the guy they have now. Why would Nick take a cut?

A CUT ???

boomermagic
11/18/2010, 08:24 PM
Jerry can afford to pay Nick a lot more than he is making now and yes I know he is making a bunch but IF Jerry wants him he'll get him..

My Opinion Matters
11/18/2010, 08:24 PM
Congratulations on your gay thread.

Leroy Lizard
11/18/2010, 08:26 PM
I don't understand the lure of the NFL. I can't imagine a better life than Saban leads, coaching for big bucks on a campus located in a nice town with tons of beautiful coeds running around. The dude is worshiped in the state and can get anything he wants. And he would give that up for...?

fadada1
11/18/2010, 08:26 PM
yeah, his dolphins tenure went so well... why not.

boomermagic
11/18/2010, 08:27 PM
Gay ? Would you know about that ? Hmmm Ok, gotcha ..

boomermagic
11/18/2010, 08:30 PM
yeah, his dolphins tenure went so well... why not.

Whats that got to do with MONEY ?

fadada1
11/18/2010, 08:33 PM
Whats that got to do with MONEY ?

nothing. but it might have something to do something with wins/losses.

Breadburner
Jesus......I give up....

boomermagic
I don't understand the lure of the NFL. I can't imagine a better life than Saban leads, coaching for big bucks on a campus located in a nice town with tons of beautiful coeds running around. The dude is worshiped in the state and can get anything he wants. And he would give that up for...?

Seems to me he had that at lsu and gave it up for ???

boomermagic
11/18/2010, 08:35 PM
Jesus......I give up....

:D

fadada1
11/18/2010, 08:35 PM
dammit, my sarcasm button broke.

boomermagic
11/18/2010, 08:37 PM
dammit, my sarcasm button broke.

I hate it when that happens..:D

boomermagic
11/18/2010, 08:40 PM
Guess we'll have to wait and see..

tcrb
11/18/2010, 09:02 PM
Guess I'll have to wait and see..

fify....'cause I think you're the only one who thinks there's a snowball's chance. :D

Okie35
11/18/2010, 09:14 PM
Garrett will keep that head coaching position if they win a few more games.

PDXsooner
11/18/2010, 09:16 PM
Bob's turned down Notre Dame, Florida and Ohio St since he's been here. I certainly wouldn't worry about him going to Bama.

FriscoTXsooner
11/18/2010, 09:43 PM
The talk down here in Dallas, is that Jason Garrett needs to win 6 or 7 of the next 8 games for him to keep the head coach job, there are many down here that thing that will happen. Couple that with the fact that Jerry Jone's ego is too big to bring in a coach that will upstage him. He won't step away from his GM role, and until he does the Cowboys won't win another championship.

If Jason Garrett doesn't win the majority of games left, the talk is that Jerry would go after either John Gruden or Bill Cowher, although again the comment about ego and GM responsibilities may get in the way of that happening.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/18/2010, 09:49 PM
the feeling I get, jason garrett did wade phillips no favor as an assistant and probably gave about 50 percent to help ensure phillips would get fired...i think he is a dbag

Leroy Lizard
11/18/2010, 09:53 PM
The talk down here in Dallas, is that Jason Garrett needs to win 6 or 7 of the next 8 games for him to keep the head coach job, there are many down here that thing that will happen. Couple that with the fact that Jerry Jone's ego is too big to bring in a coach that will upstage him.

Like Bill Parcells?

MeMyself&Me
11/18/2010, 10:06 PM

Then it's not even worth bringing up then really.

boomermagic
11/18/2010, 10:20 PM
Then it's not even worth bringing up then really.

If that's the case It's not worth you clicking and posting..

Why did you click on the thread ? If it's so damn bad and dumb don't click simple as that.. Actually, I don't think there is anyway Bob will go anywhere but I think there is a CHANCE he would get the offer IF Saban leaves and i think that could happen and just might.. Hey, If my opinion pisses you off so be it..

boomermagic
11/18/2010, 10:24 PM
the feeling I get, jason garrett did wade phillips no favor as an assistant and probably gave about 50 percent to help ensure phillips would get fired...i think he is a dbag

I'm not a Dallas fan but I think your right.. My brother lives in Dallas and makes all the home games and he says the same thing.. He says he doubts JG can handle the coaching job and he doesn't think Jerry will leave him in charge but who knows ?

oudavid1
11/18/2010, 10:26 PM
Bob, like most people, dosnt want that kind of pressure. And Saban and Jerry would get along.

boomermagic
11/18/2010, 10:31 PM
Bob's turned down Notre Dame, Florida and Ohio St since he's been here. I certainly wouldn't worry about him going to Bama.

I wouldn't either and don't.. Bama fans all seemed to be so high on Bob before they hired Saban {I know because I like Bama and go to their board on occasion} that i think he might be someone they would strongly consider.. I doubt Bob would leave so no I'm not at all worried about it..

MeMyself&Me
11/18/2010, 10:33 PM
If that's the case It's not worth you clicking and posting..

Why did you click on the thread ? If it's so damn bad and dumb don't click simple as that.. Actually, I don't think there is anyway Bob will go anywhere but I think there is a CHANCE he would get the offer IF Saban leaves and i think that could happen and just might.. Hey, If my opinion pisses you off so be it..

Look, I didn't mean to come across like you were pissing me off or something. I clicked on your thread because the title indicated thoughts on the possibility of Saban going to Dallas. And there in that first post you indicated you thought Bama would go after Bob. I asked why Bob would go to Bama. After all, that would be nothing but a sideways step and not even really a change of pace for that matter. I just wanted to know what your point was. When you replied you didn't think Bob would go then I understood you didn't have one. No anger coming from this side.

boomermagic
11/18/2010, 10:40 PM
Look, I didn't mean to come across like you were pissing me off or something. I clicked on your thread because the title indicated thoughts on the possibility of Saban going to Dallas. And there in that first post you indicated you thought Bama would go after Bob. I asked why Bob would go to Bama. After all, that would be nothing but a sideways step and not even really a change of pace for that matter. I just wanted to know what your point was. When you replied you didn't think Bob would go then I understood you didn't have one. No anger coming from this side.

Ok, I understand my point was to discuss the possibility of either or both things happening thats all.. I'm not pissed..:)

soonerbub
11/18/2010, 11:27 PM
I think there's a good chance of Saban ending up in Dallas...

...just after New Year's in the Cotton Bowl :cool:

boomermagic
11/18/2010, 11:43 PM
Yeah, I think maybe Nick gets bored after a few years and likes rebuilding teams .. Maybe thats just what he enjoys the most and after he brings that team to the top he doesn't enjoy coaching them as much .. I wonder If he wants to get the nfl monkey off his back and be successful there as well.

Scott D
11/19/2010, 12:44 AM
Jerry can afford to pay Nick a lot more than he is making now and yes I know he is making a bunch but IF Jerry wants him he'll get him..

no way Jerry pays a coach anywhere near 8 mil a year, Parcells couldn't even get that sweet of a deal. And no way does a guy like Saban go where he doesn't get final say over personnel.

Cowboy fans just need to realize that a) Jerry has his pet head coach now, and b) that team will quit on Garrett within their next 15 games.

Seamus
11/19/2010, 02:20 AM
Is this thread gay? I dunno.

But it probably experimented a little in college.

(but it was just one time, and it was drunk)

osucowboy344
11/19/2010, 02:34 AM
If it happens and IT WILL IMO Bama goes after Bob.. What ya think ?

If Saban leaves Bama, then I expect a onslaught of NCAA violations to follow. Bob would not want to touch that program with a stick.

Soonermagik
11/19/2010, 07:54 AM
Saban went to the NFL and left because he didn't like it. It's pressure 24/7 and there is no off season in the NFL. Whereas, college football the coaches are forced to take 2-3 months off with no contact with the players.

Even Jimmie Johnson said he preferred college, because of the break and less stress. Plus, the players listen to them and they have control at the college level.

Mad Dog Madsen
11/19/2010, 09:30 AM
3 pages of this crap and it hasn't got locked yet??? WTF?!?

SoonerLB
11/19/2010, 09:49 AM
Saban went to the NFL and left because he didn't like it. It's pressure 24/7 and there is no off season in the NFL. Whereas, college football the coaches are forced to take 2-3 months off with no contact with the players.

Even Jimmie Johnson said he preferred college, because of the break and less stress. Plus, the players listen to them and they have control at the college level.

/\ THIS! /\ And WTF in their right mind would put up with JJ's crap other than a money-grubbing fool?! Neither Saban nor Stoops need that jerk's money, it comes with too much baggage. (Can you guess what I think of JJ?) ;)

OUmillenium
11/19/2010, 01:00 PM

Being next to the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders every game!

Cmon

Sooner Brewcrew
11/19/2010, 01:23 PM
I think Dallas will throw some BIG bucks at Saban..

The next coach of the cowboys is going to be Garrett, Gruden, or Cower. In that order

Sabanball
11/19/2010, 06:53 PM
Nick is not going anywhere. He's already done the NFL thing and he actually took a pay CUT to leave Miami and come to Tuscaloosa. He's commented often while here how he really belongs in the college game--he seems to thrive on the teaching, training, and recruiting, much like Bob does. In the NFL, you're really not a coach--you're more of manager of a bunch of millionaires that are all primadonnas. I think he found out that was not for him.

Sabanball
11/19/2010, 07:01 PM
The next coach of the cowboys is going to be Garrett, Gruden, or Cower. In that order

Garrett--no way. They need a major name and someone that can 'move the needle'. Saban and Stoops would do that, but I don't think either would touch it with a ten foot pole. Jerry Jones is going to have to wake up and finally realize this is a BUSINESS, and agree to stop interfering and getting involved in the day to day operations of the franchise. If he does not do that, then he will not get a good coach.

85sooners
11/19/2010, 07:16 PM
Is this thread gay? I dunno.

But it probably experimented a little in college.:gary: little queer but not gay

(but it was just one time, and it was drunk)

.:gary: little queer but not gay

3DSooner
11/19/2010, 07:54 PM
Not a chance in hell!

Scott D
11/19/2010, 09:35 PM
Garrett--no way. They need a major name and someone that can 'move the needle'. Saban and Stoops would do that, but I don't think either would touch it with a ten foot pole. Jerry Jones is going to have to wake up and finally realize this is a BUSINESS, and agree to stop interfering and getting involved in the day to day operations of the franchise. If he does not do that, then he will not get a good coach.

hah Garrett is Jerruh's hand picked choice. Like I said, the only question is when that particular batch of primadonnas will quit on Garrett the same way they quit on Wade and the same way they quit on Parcells.

wilson63
11/19/2010, 11:31 PM
Push....

getrdone
11/19/2010, 11:43 PM
todd dodge will be the next coach of the cowboys

wilson63
11/19/2010, 11:46 PM
todd dodge will be the next coach of the cowboys

Why not their records are pretty similar aren't they?:confused:

mightysooner
11/20/2010, 11:25 AM
Why are there still people who think Bob is going somewhere, or he's the top candidate, every time a job opens up? He's not, it's been 10 years and he's still here. Okay?

79Sooner
11/20/2010, 04:56 PM
The college to pro coaching carousel begins and ends with Harbaugh at Stanford.

slh1234
11/20/2010, 05:54 PM
Seems to me he had that at lsu and gave it up for ???

And maybe learned his lesson.