PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever noticed...oSu's best player

MamaMia
11/18/2010, 02:51 AM
is without a doubt, their home team stadium announcer? I've been to a lot of away games all over the country to the stadiums of almost every team OU has played. I've personally noticed that there are two teams in particular who are guilty of this. oSu and Texas Tech, but on a scale of 1 to 10, oSu is a 10 compared to Texas Tech, who I would rate at about a 7. Its so obvious that you cant help but know whats going on. At most stadiums, the announcers allow the fans to battle it out with the noise making, but not at oSu.

Those pokes have these annoying loud mouthed announcers at the controls of their stadium speakers on steroids. Without fail, during almost every play when the opposing team has the ball, the announcer keeps jacking his jaws along with the additions of some loud annoying garbage, in true hillbilly rude a** fashion. The loudmouth in the booth is their best player. The fans don't have to make noise because their announcer does it for them.

Our team needs to be prepared for this.

Leroy Lizard
11/18/2010, 03:05 AM
Freedom of speech!

Crucifax Autumn
11/18/2010, 03:56 AM
At least he's not blowing whistles mid-play.

sooner518
11/18/2010, 08:37 AM
relative to the piped-in noise that Cincinatti played before every snap, how annoying is this guy? never been to the Rusoleum Bowl personally and dont have any plans to go

mgsooner
11/18/2010, 08:46 AM
It's usually accompanied by some white trash butt rawk anthem, typically AC/DC or the like

texaspokieokie
11/18/2010, 09:11 AM
is without a doubt, their home team stadium announcer? I've been to a lot of away games all over the country to the stadiums of almost every team OU has played. I've personally noticed that there are two teams in particular who are guilty of this. oSu and Texas Tech, but on a scale of 1 to 10, oSu is a 10 compared to Texas Tech, who I would rate at about a 7. Its so obvious that you cant help but know whats going on. At most stadiums, the announcers allow the fans to battle it out with the noise making, but not at oSu.

Those pokes have these annoying loud mouthed announcers at the controls of their stadium speakers on steroids. Without fail, during almost every play when the opposing team has the ball, the announcer keeps jacking his jaws along with the additions of some loud annoying garbage, in true hillbilly rude a** fashion. The loudmouth in the booth is their best player. The fans don't have to make noise because their announcer does it for them.

Our team needs to be prepared for this.

our team has been there before.

fadada1
11/18/2010, 09:34 AM
Freedom of speech!

i disagree. those announcers have a responsibility to NOT yell "SHEEP" with so many pokes in close proximity. moral and societal responsibility!!!!!

CrimsonRez
11/18/2010, 09:57 AM
in high school it's a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty on the home team if the announcer gets too "into" it

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 10:17 AM
It's against the rules to make noise during the play I believe, but he only does it after a play. He's always yelling about the down and distance like 3rd down and long for the visitors. Which thanks to Nebraska we aren't allowed to say visitors anymore because they wrote the AD letters saying that their feelings were hurt and they had names and were real people too

OUstud
11/18/2010, 11:00 AM
Any announcer that leads cheers (i.e. Missouri's announcer saying "First down Tigers! M-I-Z!"; "That's good for a ______..."; etc.), and any school that has said announcer, is bush league.

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 11:01 AM
Any announcer that leads cheers (i.e. Missouri's announcer saying "First down Tigers! M-I-Z!"; "That's good for a ______..."; etc.), and any school that has said announcer, is bush league.

Why?

SoonerPr8r
11/18/2010, 11:06 AM
My mother-in-law (a Georgia fan) was kinda pissed when the announcer kept referring to UGA as "The Visitors". She said that not even LSU was that rude. I died laughing. Then she said that she now knows why I am an OU fan.

badger
11/18/2010, 11:39 AM
Why?

OK, it's not bush league, it's pathetic. I remember Colorado's announcer having to tell their fans to spell out Colorado in pregame (and then being the only one spelling it out it seemed).

Announcers yell stuff when the rest of the fanbase can't take care of it themselves. Why can't your cheerleaders or paddle wackers or band lead a cheer? Why do you need someone with a big microphone to do it?

SoonerPr8r
11/18/2010, 11:56 AM
Announcers yell stuff when the rest of the fanbase can't take care of it themselves. Why can't your cheerleaders or paddle wackers or band lead a cheer? Why do you need someone with a big microphone to do it?

^^^This

OUstud
11/18/2010, 12:04 PM
Why?

It's something you would expect from a high school. And first downs don't need to be specially celebrated...

CrimsonRez
11/18/2010, 12:22 PM
they used to play a little country song when they got first downs...Makes them look like a damn arena team.

homb1978
11/18/2010, 12:28 PM
So sad...making excuses and knitpicking a week early

badger
11/18/2010, 12:51 PM
So sad...making excuses and knitpicking a week early

We love Baylor too much to hate on them

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 12:54 PM
All he says is "Gain good for a cowboy first down and ten or goal" and then the students take over and do their chants after every first down. I don't see anything wrong with that. He's not leading cheers or starting them. He's just announcing the end result of the play.

What is so wrong with calling the opposing teams "Visitors"? I never paid any attention to it until Nebraska wrote our AD a letter crying about it. Any input would be appreciated

NormanPride
11/18/2010, 01:24 PM
I personally don't GAS what people call us on the road, as long as after the game they call us the victors. If you make the team more mad in the process, then it's your funeral.

MeMyself&Me
11/18/2010, 01:30 PM
What is so wrong with calling the opposing teams "Visitors"? I never paid any attention to it until Nebraska wrote our AD a letter crying about it. Any input would be appreciated

If the announcer is referring to Oklahoma State as "Oklahoma State" or "Cowboys" instead of "the home team" then non acknowledging the visiting team by their name and only saying "visitors" then it is being disrespectful. You expect that kind of behavior from fans but the school itself should strive to be above that kind of crap.

homb1978
11/18/2010, 01:33 PM
If the announcer is referring to Oklahoma State as "Oklahoma State" or "Cowboys" instead of "the home team" then non acknowledging the visiting team by their name and only saying "visitors" then it is being disrespectful. You expect that kind of behavior from fans but the school itself should strive to be above that kind of crap.

If after watching your team play on the road, this is the thing that concerns you the most, well...

Peeb
11/18/2010, 01:36 PM

Leroy Lizard
11/18/2010, 01:46 PM
We are complaining that the other school is classless because they do something during the game that we find disrespectful. Did I just step into gopokes? Because that's what it looks like.

MeMyself&Me
11/18/2010, 01:48 PM
If after watching your team play on the road, this is the thing that concerns you the most, well...

Hmmm, I don't remember saying anything about what I was concerned with or even what 'most' concerns me. I was just answering his question. What a tool.

homb1978
11/18/2010, 01:53 PM
Hmmm, I don't remember saying anything about what I was concerned with or even what 'most' concerns me. I was just answering his question. What a tool.

You seem to be awful concerned about being "respected" as you put it. Have you even been to BPS or are you just going on hearsay? It's pretty far from being disrespectful.

badger
11/18/2010, 01:55 PM

Bawww, do we have another "OU hasn't won a true road game" Poke in our midsts? I'm sorry, but we just couldn't get a road game scheduled at U-La-La like you guys. How's that team doing, anyways? Two wins? You don't say... :rolleyes:

badger
11/18/2010, 01:58 PM
You seem to be awful concerned about being "respected" as you put it. Have you even been to BPS or are you just going on hearsay? It's pretty far from being disrespectful.

Yeah, we find people repeatedly pounding an upsidedown ripped OU flag on the sidelines in clear view of our fans in attendance dripping with respect.

homb1978
11/18/2010, 02:04 PM
Bawww, do we have another "OU hasn't won a true road game" Poke in our midsts? I'm sorry, but we just couldn't get a road game scheduled at U-La-La like you guys. How's that team doing, anyways? Two wins? You don't say... :rolleyes:

How's that Utah State team doing?

NormanPride
11/18/2010, 02:06 PM
****ty. Why, were they on the road?

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 02:08 PM
I can predict the rest of the thread.

How's Troy
How's Mizzou
How's Nebraska
How's AnM
How's our 35?? game home winning streak
Rashaun is still open
7 National Championships
Barry Sanders
7 Heisman winners
Did you even go to OU

ON and on and on

homb1978
11/18/2010, 02:09 PM
****ty. Why, were they on the road?

No, they were at home, which is even more disapponting. Maybe I should have asked about the powerhouse Cincinnatti.

MeMyself&Me
11/18/2010, 02:12 PM

Actually, I only answered his question. Never indicated any concern one way or the other. And I think you might be confusing my post with some others in this thread or something. I never said how the announcer does it.

Come to think of it, did you actually read my post are you just getting it hearsay from the person that reads and types for you?

MeMyself&Me
11/18/2010, 02:14 PM

How's Troy
How's Mizzou
How's Nebraska
How's AnM
Rashaun is still open
7 National Championships
Barry Sanders
7 Heisman winners
Did you even go to OU

ON and on and on

lol.

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 02:14 PM
No, they were at home, which is even more disapponting. Maybe I should have asked about the powerhouse Cincinnatti.

Are you just here to stir the pot?

homb1978
11/18/2010, 02:23 PM
Are you just here to stir the pot?

I was actually here to weigh in on the announcer, felt some other comments needed to be made along the way.

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 02:49 PM
I was actually here to weigh in on the announcer, felt some other comments needed to be made along the way.

I'm just saying that this is an OU messenger board so no need to be disrespectful here. It's like them going to OP and talking sh!t to us. Doesn't fly well

NormanPride
11/18/2010, 03:15 PM
Well, he's really bad at it, too.

badger
11/18/2010, 03:16 PM
Note how he picked out my away game post instead of the flag thumping one.

As long as I brought it up again, there was also the 10-year-old instructed by his dad to jump on our OU bus to taunt us after the 2002 game... the time you all rushed our home field in 2001... the fat chick that was throwing an open bag of Tostitos at our band and around your field after the 2002 game... the orange "Oklahoma Sucks" and "Hey Oklahoma Up Yours" shirts... gag. I'm sure in your little orange skewed mind it's just us fairweather fan cheatin' gooners that are poor sports and are bad hosts, but let me assure that is not the case.

Cornfed
11/18/2010, 03:18 PM

It's 36.

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 03:20 PM

As long as I brought it up again, there was also the 10-year-old instructed by his dad to jump on our OU bus to taunt us after the 2002 game... the time you all rushed our home field in 2001... the fat chick that was throwing an open bag of Tostitos at our band and around your field after the 2002 game... the orange "Oklahoma Sucks" and "Hey Oklahoma Up Yours" shirts... gag. I'm sure in your little orange skewed mind it's just us fairweather fan cheatin' gooners that are poor sports and are bad hosts, but let me assure that is not the case.

How did you allow us to rush the field in '01. I really don't know. I was listening to the game that day out deer hunting. I think we can all agree that all fanbases have bad apples

soonerboy_odanorth
11/18/2010, 03:22 PM
"This thread is another Soonerfans.com...."

badger
11/18/2010, 03:23 PM
How did you allow us to rush the field in '01. I really don't know. I was listening to the game that day out deer hunting. I think we can all agree that all fanbases have bad apples

It apparently had happened before - ESPN followed us around with cameras that week and afterward, they had a field staffer say that he was happy that OSU didn't tear down our goalpost like last time.

All I can say is that I am very, very happy that OSU fans, after rushing the field that day, stayed in the endzone to celebrate with their team on the way out and did not attempt to vandalize our goalposts... the OU band was at center field for a postgame concert and I know some of our guys were just waiting for an excuse to toss you all off the field after such a tough loss. :stunned:

NormanPride
11/18/2010, 03:26 PM
I'll never forgive the idiocy I've seen at that stadium. Ramming the goalposts into the band and firing off that damn shotgun right in the face of some of our members. Beyond stupid and irresponsible.

"Please do not drop the goalpost over the side of the stadium. There are people below that would die."

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 03:36 PM
It's 36.

Which is why I had the ?? marks after

Cornfed
11/18/2010, 03:39 PM
Which is why I had the ?? marks after

I thought you were wondering it 35 was a number or not...........

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 04:26 PM
It apparently had happened before - ESPN followed us around with cameras that week and afterward, they had a field staffer say that he was happy that OSU didn't tear down our goalpost like last time.

All I can say is that I am very, very happy that OSU fans, after rushing the field that day, stayed in the endzone to celebrate with their team on the way out and did not attempt to vandalize our goalposts... the OU band was at center field for a postgame concert and I know some of our guys were just waiting for an excuse to toss you all off the field after such a tough loss. :stunned:

Wow that's crazy. Definitely didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I've always joked about rushing another teams field but didn't think that someone else had before. I wouldn't do it as that shows disrespect imo. That really is something to me though.

fdubzou
11/18/2010, 05:07 PM
At least he's not blowing sheep mid-play.

:eek: whaat???

KNEE BRACE
11/18/2010, 07:20 PM
i've been to games at OU and OSU, and I've never noticed the OSU guy standing out or whatever. But I kind of ignore that PA announcer bull**** anyway.

What I did find funny is that OSU still has the "Sam Bradford" flip play in the pregame pump-up video. And the fans LOVE it. It gets a big cheer every time. I mean, you guys LOST that game. That play might have helped win Bradford the heisman. What is there to cheer for?

OSUAggie
11/18/2010, 07:52 PM
What I did find funny is that OSU still has the "Sam Bradford" flip play in the pregame pump-up video. And the fans LOVE it. It gets a big cheer every time. I mean, you guys LOST that game. That play might have helped win Bradford the heisman. What is there to cheer for?

Don't understand that one either.

jumperstop
11/18/2010, 07:58 PM
Don't understand that one either.

Glad to hear you guys aren't all ****ing stupid. He gained ten yards on that play and then scored on the next play. How OSU could think that should be shown on their pregame video is crazy. I guess I can see the it being a "big hit clip" but he got right back up and scored...

bent rider
11/18/2010, 08:10 PM
Glad to hear you guys aren't all ****ing stupid. He gained ten yards on that play and then scored on the next play. How OSU could think that should be shown on their pregame video is crazy. I guess I can see the it being a "big hit clip" but he got right back up and scored...

Maybe its their equivalent of those signs you see in New England "George Washington Slept Here". In this case, "Sam Bradford Flipped Here, Woot!"

MichiganSooner
11/18/2010, 08:18 PM
All he says is "Gain good for a cowboy first down and ten or goal" and then the students take over and do their chants after every first down. I don't see anything wrong with that. He's not leading cheers or starting them. He's just announcing the end result of the play.

If he didn't say "good for another first down and 10" everyone would remain seated and quiet.

At our stadium, the announcer says, "first down Sooners" or first down Nebraska". OSU announcer keeps quiet when the other team has the ball except for 3rd and 4th down plays. "3rd down and a long (any number) FOR THE VISITORS!!!!" It is so aggie. Then he says, "(sigh) first down for the visitors" when we are playing but does not scream it.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/18/2010, 08:19 PM
Why can't your cheerleaders or paddle wackers or band lead a cheer? Why do you need someone with a big microphone to do it?

Remember when the aggie band was miked on the field and wore little amplifiers on their backs to boost the "sound"???

TheHumanAlphabet
11/18/2010, 08:26 PM
While we're at it, aggies are scum...

While a student, I visited all the Big 8 campuses except Colorado. Of all the locations here is what happened.

ISU - given massive quantities of alcohol to drink while visiting their band off-site campus.

NU - had signs pushed in my face, called some bad names.

KU - nothing

KSU - nothing

MU - batteries and crap thrown at us in the stands.

OSU - water buckets thrown on me, water balloons thrown on me, yelled at and sworn at, attempt to damage my horn (coach made us use the fiberglass horns because they were crap), **** thrown at us from the stands.

Hands down aggie fans are the worst and most juvenile around.

MamaMia
11/18/2010, 08:57 PM
It's against the rules to make noise during the play I believe, but he only does it after a play. He's always yelling about the down and distance like 3rd down and long for the visitors. Which thanks to Nebraska we aren't allowed to say visitors anymore because they wrote the AD letters saying that their feelings were hurt and they had names and were real people too
Wrong...He does it when we're on offense trying to communicate our play. Thats unsportsmanlike conduct no matter how you try to spin it. The oSu fans making noise...fine. Thats normal, but some screeching loudmouthed announcer making noise and actually trying to sway the rhythm of the game in a way that could affect the score with his f'n microphone is rude. It just as rude as your school being the only school in the Big 12 that makes the opposing band sit way up high in the stadium. Jackass.

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 09:18 PM
Wrong...He does it when we're on offense trying to communicate our play. Thats unsportsmanlike conduct no matter how you try to spin it. The oSu fans making noise...fine. Thats normal, but some screeching loudmouthed announcer making noise and actually trying to sway the rhythm of the game in a way that could affect the score with his f'n microphone is rude. It just as rude as your school being the only school in the Big 12 that makes the opposing band sit way up high in the stadium. Jackass.

Seeing as I haven't missed a home game in the last 4 years, I don't honestly know what you're talking about. Sounds like just a case of the haterade on the band part. Who cares where the band sits? They get in free anyways. And I don't really like to be called a jackass when you have no idea who I am. I'm trying to be a civil, rational person and talk sports, and you come and let the crimson colored glasses come in and call me a jackass for nothing

Leroy Lizard
11/18/2010, 09:56 PM

What's next? Nebbish showing the clip of Spencer Tillman diving into the end zone?

Leroy Lizard
11/18/2010, 09:57 PM
And I don't really like to be called a jackass when you have no idea who I am. I'm trying to be a civil, rational person and talk sports...

That's half your problem right there.

MamaMia
11/18/2010, 10:15 PM
Seeing as I haven't missed a home game in the last 4 years, I don't honestly know what you're talking about. Sounds like just a case of the haterade on the band part. Who cares where the band sits? They get in free anyways. And I don't really like to be called a jackass when you have no idea who I am. I'm trying to be a civil, rational person and talk sports, and you come and let the crimson colored glasses come in and call me a jackass for nothing

I care where the band sits, thats who, and there have been plenty of other OU fans who have made comments on what a lack of class and show of fear your school has in that regard. Your AD makes those kids carry Tubas up 60 or 70 steps to the very top of that stadium.

When your team visits Owen Field however, OU allows your band to be right next to your team, and right by the field on the east side end close by them, along with a majority of your fans who are able to sit right behind your band in order for your fans to feel the whole experience of your team spirit while you are a guest at OU. Then in return oSu sends our band all the way up your stadium carrying tubas every other year at Boone Pickens. OU plays your fight song for you before the game at Owen Field and thats the thanks we get for our good sportsmanship?

Its a matter of class and good sportsmanship which you obviously don't understand and neither does your whole school of jackasses. Your school has no class, no manners and you're rude and overrated. We are known for our tradition and the way we welcome fans to Owen Field. We don't even make your band sit at the bottom of the north or south end zones when I would welcome the chance for our band to at least be respected enough to be able to that during your hillbilly paranoid game day antics.

Its proof positive that your unsportsmanlike school is so afraid of losing one on one on the field that they will do whatever they can off the field to give your pokes an advantage that has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual game and the talent of the players.

Heaven forbid our band plays Boomer Sooner next to your field. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I would also like to add that I personally witnessed two of your oSu frat brats literally steal a pregnant OU lady and her husbands seats on the second row the 45 yard line that they paid a lot of money for, laughing at them when she showed them their tickets, and your security said "Well lady, y'all should have known it was going to be crowded today, so just find another place to sit."

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 10:38 PM
I care where the band sits, thats who, and there have been plenty of other OU fans who have made comments on what a lack of class and show of fear your school has in that regard. Your AD makes those kids carry Tubas up 60 or 70 steps to the very top of that stadium.

When your team visits Owen Field however, OU allows your band to be right next to your team, and right by the field on the east side end close by them, along with a majority of your fans who are able to sit right behind your band in order for your fans to feel the whole experience of your team spirit while you are a guest at OU. Then in return oSu sends our band all the way up your stadium carrying tubas every other year at Boone Pickens. OU plays your fight song for you before the game at Owen Field and thats the thanks we get for our good sportsmanship?

Its a matter of class and good sportsmanship which you obviously don't understand and neither does your whole school of jackasses. Your school has no class, no manners and you're rude and overrated. We are known for our tradition and the way we welcome fans to Owen Field. We don't even make your band sit at the bottom of the north or south end zones when I would welcome the chance for our band to at least be respected enough to be able to that during your hillbilly paranoid game day antics.

Its proof positive that your unsportsmanlike school is so afraid of losing one on one on the field that they will do whatever they can off the field to give your pokes an advantage that has nothing whatsoever to do with the actual game and the talent of the players.

Heaven forbid our band plays Boomer Sooner next to your field. :rolleyes:

Wow. The hatred runs deep with this one :D

MamaMia
11/18/2010, 10:42 PM
Wow. The hatred runs deep with this one :D

I don't hate your school. I just dont have any respect at all for it and I am totally embarrassed for our state when other people from other schools come in contact with you all.

sooneron
11/18/2010, 10:49 PM
:pop:

Leroy Lizard
11/18/2010, 11:04 PM
Question 8 (5 points)

Choose the description that best summarizes MamaMia's attitude about Oklahoma State football fans.

A. Heartfelt and gracious
B. Mildly uncouth
C. Rank and belligerent
D. A whole school of jackasses with no class, no manners, and rude.

Question 9 (5 points)

Oklahoma State University forces the band to sit...

A. In Section 190
B. In Section 180
C. In Section 24
D. Waaaaaaay at the top of the stadium bleachers.

MamaMia
11/18/2010, 11:04 PM
poke women are trashy too, with their smell of tuna and cheap perfume. I have never met an oSu woman that I would invite to one of my tea parties. They don't have enough teeth to eat the biscotti, nor enough class or intelligence to carry on a decent conversation about anything that doesn't have a tail.

sooneron
11/18/2010, 11:06 PM
Now you're just getting all high falootin' on the kids from dogpatch!

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 11:10 PM
I don't hate your school. I just dont have any respect at all for it and I am totally embarrassed for our state when other people from other schools come in contact with you all.

Sounds like hate. I don't understand the hatred is all. A lot of fanbases say that we are some of the best and nicest fans that they have met. It's cool if you don't like us, to each their own. When bedlam rolls around, if you come up, we have free tailgates where you can get free beer and food. Just let me know and I'll get you set up. I can show you that not all of us are bad

MamaMia
11/18/2010, 11:28 PM
Sounds like hate. I don't understand the hatred is all. A lot of fanbases say that we are some of the best and nicest fans that they have met. It's cool if you don't like us, to each their own. When OU-OSU rolls around, if you come up, we have free tailgates where you can get free beer and food. Just let me know and I'll get you set up. I can show you that not all of us are bad

I would like for your AD to show the same respect for OU when we visit that we offer to you when your team comes to play at OU. You don't have to go so far as to play our fight song, as we do yours, but would it hurt to tell your announcer to button his yap and keep his hooves off the controls when our team is trying to coordinate an offensive play? We do not do that when you are at OU. Then how about refraining from sending our band up to the top of the stadium, which we also don't do to your band? Until then, thank you but I wont be attending any of your tailgates. Anyway, I don't particularly care for roadkill.

sooneron
11/18/2010, 11:29 PM
:pop: :pop:

Leroy Lizard
11/18/2010, 11:39 PM
My gut feeling is that a certain incident that took place about 30 years ago has a lot to do with OSU's treatment of our band.

:D

jumperstop
11/19/2010, 12:01 AM
My gut feeling is that a certain incident that took place about 30 years ago has a lot to do with OSU's treatment of our band.

:D

Please elaborate, was before my time. :D

Leroy Lizard
11/19/2010, 12:10 AM
Please elaborate, was before my time. :D

You never read Bootlegger's Boy?

MamaMia
11/19/2010, 12:10 AM
Please elaborate, was before my time. :D Heres a link to the story...

A game ball for the Pride

Posted by berrytramelon November 27, 2008M at 8:14 am

Bob Stoops symbolically presented a game ball to the fans after OU’s 65-21 rout of Texas Tech last Saturday. Barry Switzer never did that, so far as I know, but he did something similar. Switzer presented a game ball to the Pride of Oklahoma after OU’s 21-20 Bedlam victory in 1983.

Here’s the inside story, courtesy of David Renner, one of my 1979 Norman High School classmates and a six-year member of the OU marching band.

Renner says Gene Thrailkill, the venerable director of the Pride, a band leader affectionately called “Coach” by two generations of Sooner musicians, was ejected from Lewis Field because he didn’t have a field pass. Then as now, OSU’s stadium had a high, white wall surrounding the field. In order to direct the band, Thrailkill stood on an aluminum ladder that sat on the artificial turf out of bounds. At some point in the game, which wasn’t going well for the Sooners, security personnel said no pass, no stay.

That was the game, remember, in which OSU took a 20-3 lead. “On his way out,” Renner said of Thrailkill, “he told someone, I’m not sure who, to ‘keep playing Boomer Sooner and don’t stop until we take the lead.’ So we did. Nonstop. For most of the second half.” Then came the Sooners’ great rally. Eighteen points in the final 11 minutes to win 21-20.

Switzer was so impressed and so thankful, he paid a visit the next Monday to the Pride and presented the band a ball inscribed with the date, the score and the words: “The Day the Pride Won.”

Of course, OU couldn’t afford to give every saxophonist and drummer a separate game ball, so the university did the next best thing. It gave each band member a 5×7 glossy photograph of that game ball.

Renner thought of those days after the Tech game. He even had an idea. Take a photo of the game ball Stoops symbolically presented to the fans and post it on the OU website for downloading.

It was a solid olive branch by Stoops, who earlier in the week offended some Sooner fans by saying they weren’t as loud as some crowds. It’s a gesture some won’t forget. David Renner certainly hasn’t forgotten what Barry Switzer did 25 years ago.

http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/2008/11/27/a-game-ball-for-the-pride/

MamaMia
11/19/2010, 12:21 AM
I was there. They must have played Boomer Sooner at least 200 to 300 times.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/19/2010, 01:27 AM
I was there. They must have played Boomer Sooner at least 200 to 300 times.

2 years after my time in The Pride. I remember the soiled and ruined uniforms and horns from the copious amounts of water and water balloons thorwn our way from some dumb *** dorm near the stadium. Frickin' aggie administration didn't do anything. Poor OU students had ruined horns and several hundreds if not thousands of dollars of damage to repair.

EFFF'in aggies!

BoomerSoonerGoOU
11/19/2010, 01:48 AM
2 years after my time in The Pride. I remember the soiled and ruined uniforms and horns from the copious amounts of water and water balloons thorwn our way from some dumb *** dorm near the stadium. Frickin' aggie administration didn't do anything. Poor OU students had ruined horns and several hundreds if not thousands of dollars of damage to repair.

EFFF'in aggies!

There's an article from the Oklahoman about this incident in a display case in Catlett!

osucowboy344
11/19/2010, 01:48 AM
I would like for your AD to show the same respect for OU when we visit that we offer to you when your team comes to play at OU. You don't have to go so far as to play our fight song, as we do yours, but would it hurt to tell your announcer to button his yap and keep his hooves off the controls when our team is trying to coordinate an offensive play? We do not do that when you are at OU. Then how about refraining from sending our band up to the top of the stadium, which we also don't do to your band? Until then, thank you but I wont be attending any of your tailgates. Anyway, I don't particularly care for roadkill.

I remember one year your "classy band" decided to play boomer sooner when Larry Reece (our announcer) was trying to announce our national champion wrestlers during a time out. Roadkill? You do realize that OSU has wealthy alumni and not just Boone Pickens. You sound like a spoiled ignorant doctor's wife.

Octavian
11/19/2010, 01:57 AM
I remember one year your "classy band" decided to play boomer sooner when Larry Reece (our announcer) was trying to announce our national champion wrestlers during a time out. Roadkill? You do realize that OSU has wealthy alumni and not just Boone Pickens. You sound like a spoiled ignorant doctor's wife.

Yeah but no one cares about listening to your wrestling.

Boomer Sooner is much better than that. So we'd just rather hear that.

osucowboy344
11/19/2010, 02:02 AM
Yeah but no one cares about listening to your wrestling.

Boomer Sooner is much better than that. So we'd just rather hear that.

Yea, but mamamia has this self righteous attitude that sooners are all about sportsmanship and class. :rolleyes: Every fan base has good and bad fans.

BoomerSoonerGoOU
11/19/2010, 02:02 AM
I was in the Pride for four years. One of the worst/best experiences I had as a Pride member occurred at the 2008 edition of "Bedlam". Prior to the game, the agroids were pissing all over themselves at the thought of possibly knocking OU out of the Big 12 and national championship picture. It was the most sh*t talking I ever heard coming from opposing fans. Keep in mind, I was in the freaking band. These degenerate POS fans were running up to any Pride members' faces, screaming any obscenity they could think of in their junior high minds.

The post game celebration was one of my favorite memories while at OU. The best part of the entire trip was walking through that tailgate area just north of BPS shortly after the game. The same orange SOBs that were sh*t talking the band were packing up. It was dead silent. A few of us had the audacity to fire up a go-go and play some Boomer, but one of the GAs told us to STFU. Instead we sang it all the way to the busses. The looks on the faces of those aggies were priceless. They were pissed. They hate Boomer Sooner sooo much.

Keep in mind, their parents told them to do this. Classy. And I'm pretty sure they made those signs. They looked so gleeful and proud that their sons were taunting the band with their clever signs. The middle one says: "OU school colors: Redneck and White trash." LOL.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v649/49/36/9605765/n9605765_38441628_4641.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v649/49/36/9605765/n9605765_38441627_3710.jpg

osucowboy344
11/19/2010, 02:12 AM
Lets be honest, Every fan base has its bad apples. I have heard OSU fans returning from norman with beer cans thrown at them and people spitting on them. I don't condone our fans acting like jackasses anymore than OU fans acting the same. Personally, I have family and friends that went to both universities. So, I try to be nice to civil fans and ignore the idiots just like any other team we play.

CrimsonRez
11/19/2010, 02:15 AM
hell man, getting beer can's thrown at you means we like ya :D Think we'd waste a good beer can on someone we don't like?

osucowboy344
11/19/2010, 02:18 AM
hell man, getting beer can's thrown at you means we like ya :D Think we'd waste a good beer can on someone we don't like?

True......What was I thinking.:confused: :D

MamaMia
11/19/2010, 02:45 AM
Yea, but mamamia has this self righteous attitude that sooners are all about sportsmanship and class. :rolleyes: Every fan base has good and bad fans.

I pointed out the differences in how we are treated by your schools administration as opposed to how our administration treats you when you are at Owen Field. Which part of that factual knowledge are you denying?

What does the profession of my husband have to do with this discussion? I have just as much success behind me as he does. Do you have any idea how sexist you are?

osucowboy344
11/19/2010, 02:55 AM
I pointed out the differences in how we are treated by your schools administration as opposed to how our administration treats you when you are at Owen Field. Which part of that factual knowledge are you denying?

What does the profession of my husband have to do with this discussion? I have just as much success behind me as he does. Do you have any idea how sexist you are?

Really? Is that why you made all those comments about OSU fans not being up to your social status. I would not make those comments, but you were the one that thinks all OSU fans are low life scum who eat road kill. I was merely pointing out your attitude. You may be successful and thats great, but to act ignorant and rude to cowboymrw who was being nice is just uncalled for.

MamaMia
11/19/2010, 03:05 AM
Really? Is that why you made all those comments about OSU fans not being up to your social status. I would not make those comments, but you were the one that thinks all OSU fans are low life scum who eat road kill. I was merely pointing out your attitude. You may be successful and thats great, but to act ignorant and rude to cowboymrw who was being nice is just uncalled for. Once again, I repeat...

osucowboy344
11/19/2010, 03:12 AM
Once again, I repeat...

Fine you want the answers to your questions. Here we go.

I never argued with you about the different administrations treatments. I am not confirming or denying different treatments.

Your husbands profession really has nothing to do with this discussion because obviously no OSU fans are attending your upper class tea parties. OSU fans don't make enough money to be in your upper class.:rolleyes:

My opinion would be sexist if it was applying to a large group of women which it does not... only you.;)

olevetonahill
11/19/2010, 03:25 AM

And Let me guess as to which one you are ?:rolleyes:

MamaMia
11/19/2010, 03:44 AM
Fine you want the answers to your questions. Here we go.

I never argued with you about the different administrations treatments. I am not confirming or denying different treatments.

Your husbands profession really has nothing to do with this discussion because obviously no OSU fans are attending your upper class tea parties. OSU fans don't make enough money to be in your upper class.:rolleyes:

My opinion would be sexist if it was applying to a large group of women which it does not... only you.;) Why not? Because you know its true?

osucowboy344
11/19/2010, 03:59 AM
Why not? Because you know its true?

If you consider putting a band higher up in the stands bad treatment then I guess thats your opinion. Mind you, Holder probably did not appreciate the vandalism done to the stadium by some of the OU fans. Either way, I guess its all a matter of perspective.

Leroy Lizard
11/19/2010, 04:02 AM
I think you two need some e-Harmony action.

osucowboy344
11/19/2010, 04:04 AM
I think you two need some e-Harmony action.

I think that would require an e-divorce and that won't happen because I am not a doctor.......oh and an OSU fan therefore I eat road kill and not capable of attending high class tea parties.;)

Ground_Attack
11/19/2010, 04:18 AM
I think that would require an e-divorce and that won't happen because I am not a doctor.......oh and an OSU fan therefore I eat road kill and not capable of attending high class tea parties.;)

you can come to the high class tea parties. We could always use a server and someone to clean up afterwards.

osucowboy344
11/19/2010, 04:24 AM
you can come to the high class tea parties. We could always use a server and someone to clean up afterwards.

Would you like some crumpets?:D Sure, I would love to serve you and quit my firm.

Leroy Lizard
11/19/2010, 05:55 AM

It wouldn't work out anyway. Sooner or later you two would have a falling out and she would put you on her ignore list, which she would demonstrate by sending you countless messages through the spek button.

EDIT. My use of the term "countless" is incorrect, as I was able to count 10 messages in the last six hours. If that's her way of ignoring me, I would hate to think what it would be like if she was stalking me.

CrimsonRez
11/19/2010, 06:21 AM
Would you like some crumpets?:D Sure, I would love to serve you and quit my firm.

If you want...

EnragedOUfan
11/19/2010, 06:51 AM
My only issue with Oklahoma State is their relationship with Texas. OSU fans seem to have the attitude and mindset of Texas and probably even root for Texas to beat OU. This is what I can't understand. Myself, an OU fan, does not like the Pokes, but I'll pull for them against all Texas teams.......Why? Because they're an Oklahoma team. Just like I'll pull for Tulsa. But Oklahoma State fans are the opposite for some reason..........

CrimsonRez
11/19/2010, 07:07 AM
My only issue with Oklahoma State is their relationship with Texas. OSU fans seem to have the attitude and mindset of Texas and probably even root for Texas to beat OU. This is what I can't understand. Myself, an OU fan, does not like the Pokes, but I'll pull for them against all Texas teams.......Why? Because they're an Oklahoma team. Just like I'll pull for Tulsa. But Oklahoma State fans are the opposite for some reason..........

One word....Jealousy

Crimsontothecore
11/19/2010, 07:38 AM
i've been to games at OU and OSU, and I've never noticed the OSU guy standing out or whatever. But I kind of ignore that PA announcer bull**** anyway.

Do they seriously play that clip? that's hilarious! Of course, in an aggie mind, they saw that as a goal-line stand.

Crimsontothecore
11/19/2010, 07:42 AM

How on earth does your teams fans come up with all those chants, gestures, and stuff they do. I swear every time you look in the stands they are doing something different. Do they pass out scripts or something? My personal favorite is that thing where you all act like you're riding a horse or something. what's up with that? almost as hilarious as your players coming out of a barn gate. :P

sooner518
11/19/2010, 08:42 AM
Do they seriously play that clip? that's hilarious! Of course, in an aggie mind, they saw that as a goal-line stand.

wow. this is amazing. Didn't Sam score on the next play on a QB sneak where he dropped the snap, picked the ball off the turf and still made it in on 4th down?

badger
11/19/2010, 09:44 AM
Would you like some crumpets?:D Sure, I would love to serve you and quit my farm.

It must be because I know you're a poke that I read right over what you wrote there and inserted "farm" with my mind :D

homb1978
11/19/2010, 09:50 AM
What is there to cheer for?

As an OSU fan, that pisses me off, too.

homb1978
11/19/2010, 09:56 AM

I didn't speak to it because I have no idea what you are talking about. You mentioned an act (a stupid and foolish one) that is just a part of a number of countless stupid things done (on both sides) in a 100 year rivalry. As an OSU fan, I'd never heard of that even happening.

The part I did speak on was that part that refers to what the thread was originally about.

CrimsonRez
11/19/2010, 10:07 AM
I didn't speak to it because I have no idea what you are talking about. You mentioned an act (a stupid and foolish one) that is just a part of a number of countless stupid things done (on both sides) in a 100 year rivalry. As an OSU fan, I'd never heard of that even happening.

The part I did speak on was that part that refers to what the thread was originally about.

You guys seriously think that your record of 16-81 against OU qualifies as a rivalry?

homb1978
11/19/2010, 10:14 AM
You guys seriously think that your record of 16-81 against OU qualifies as a rivalry?

Oh, there it is again.

OKLA21FAN
11/19/2010, 10:17 AM
Oh, there it is again.

bring up the gazillion rasslin champiunchips!!!! :pop:

homb1978
11/19/2010, 10:22 AM
bring up the gazillion rasslin champiunchips!!!! :pop:

I've seen way too many foolish things done by fans and players on both sides to not believe its a rivalry. Most level-headed Sooner fans I know say that's it's a rivalry.

For those who are too cool to admit it, it will become evident in the next couple years when OU has to deal with OSU football teams that are better than usual.

I just don't get it, besides it being a way to antagonize. Anybody who's ever been to a bedlam game in any sport can see it.

sooner518
11/19/2010, 10:26 AM
For those who are too cool to admit it, it will become evident in the next couple years when OU has to deal with OSU football teams that are better than usual.

there it is! this thread's first "we're on the rise" aggy comment! it was only a matter of time

homb1978
11/19/2010, 10:37 AM
there it is! this thread's first "we're on the rise" aggy comment! it was only a matter of time

This is what I was talking about...

sooner518
11/19/2010, 10:51 AM

excuse us for finding it a little comical when OSU fans start in with the "on the rise" crap when you guys have been saying that for 20+ years and it doesnt ever seem to happen. but yea, we're all real worried about having to "deal with better than usual" OSU teams over the next few years.

CrimsonRez
11/19/2010, 10:53 AM

All we need you to say now is "wait till next year!" and this thread will be complete.

homb1978
11/19/2010, 10:55 AM
excuse us for finding it a little comical when OSU fans start in with the "on the rise" crap when you guys have been saying that for 20+ years and it doesnt ever seem to happen. but yea, we're all real worried about having to "deal with better than usual" OSU teams over the next few years.

So you wouldn't agree that this year we aren't better than usual? Even for a team picked to win 6 games?

homb1978
11/19/2010, 10:57 AM
All we need you to say now is "wait till next year!" and this thread will be complete.

Fire Kevin Wilson

badger
11/19/2010, 10:57 AM
OSU needs to lose, or else every season after this big season they will not say "on the rise" but rather, "on the fall." :stunned:

jumperstop
11/19/2010, 10:58 AM

Dude your on a OU board. Get the **** over yourself and realize people here are probably not going to say the nicest things about your fans or your school.

CrimsonRez
11/19/2010, 10:59 AM
Fire Kevin Wilson

?

homb1978
11/19/2010, 11:01 AM
?

!

CrimsonRez
11/19/2010, 11:02 AM
!

Are you lost? OP needs its members back.

jumperstop
11/19/2010, 11:06 AM
Are you lost? OP needs its members back.

I don't recall this many losur fans coming over in past years. Maybe it's because this is their best chance in years to beat us. Hopefully they go back into their hole after they lose in a couple of weeks.

SoonerPr8r
11/19/2010, 11:06 AM
What I have noticed is that, to most visiting fans, OU and osu fans are civil and inviting to opposing fanbases. However, they hate each other and devolve into a semi-riot when they are within the same stadium. It must be from having to put up with each others crap all year long since we are in the same state.

homb1978
11/19/2010, 11:09 AM
Hopefully they go back into their hole after they lose in a couple of weeks.

A slow and painful death... ten straight bubble screens at a time, huh?

OKLA21FAN
11/19/2010, 11:10 AM
20 years my @SS!!!!!!!!!!

I heard it 30 years ago :pop:

badger
11/19/2010, 11:10 AM

Bubble screens allow for more movement, unlike your constricting snuggies.
http://i51.tinypic.com/k34nt5.jpg

homb1978
11/19/2010, 11:11 AM
you already used that one, Lady Sooner Blogger

CrimsonRez
11/19/2010, 11:11 AM

kinda like how your gameplan will be to have your "all american" qb throw the ball up in the air and hope that your receiver comes down with it...Whatever works man.

homb1978
11/19/2010, 11:12 AM
kinda like how your gameplan will be to have your "all american" qb throw the ball up in the air and hope that your receiver comes down with it...Whatever works man.

Don't watch much football? It's ok man. There will be great analysis on ABC while you're watching this one at home.

badger
11/19/2010, 11:13 AM
you already used that one, Lady Sooner Blogger

Yeah, there's two poke threads going, so I posted it on both poke threads... one poke thread too many, mind you :stunned:

SoonerPr8r
kinda like how your gameplan will be to have your "AARP" qb throw the ball up in the air and hope that your receiver comes down with it...Whatever works man.

FIFY

jumperstop
Another jump ball to Blackmon FTW!!!!

OKLA21FAN
11/19/2010, 11:14 AM
So you wouldn't agree that this year we aren't better than usual? Even for a team picked to win 6 games?

nope, not better than usual...
more like 'usual' under the Gumby era.

nice, quality offense, with weak defense, only this year is a 'down' year for the Okie Lite big 12 opponents as a whole.

jumperstop
11/19/2010, 11:15 AM
Don't watch much football? It's ok man. There will be great analysis on ABC while you're watching this one at home.

Yeah cause your AD does everything he can to stop OU fans from coming to the game. Not like I would want to go to that **** stadium to see a game anyways, once was enough for me.

CrimsonRez
11/19/2010, 11:15 AM

Yes I watch football, no I do not watch much OsU football because they're never on t.v. unless they're playing OU or *. However I do look at the postgame and highlights and yes that seems to be what usually happens.

TopDawg
11/19/2010, 11:17 AM
To say that the OU-OSU series isn't a rivalry is ridiculous.

It IS a rivalry. And not just any rivalry. It's the most lopsided in-state rivalry in the nation. Both sides should be proud to be part of such a noteworthy rivalry.

But to get back to the original point of this thread...yes, the aggie announcer is annoying and bush league. Much like the Missouri one. It kinda reminds me of my wife's high school announcer who runs the PA like he's doing play-by-play on the radio.

"It's a sweep to the left." Seriously? (A) You're allowed to do that? (B) You actually CHOOSE to do that?

homb1978
11/19/2010, 11:17 AM
Yeah cause your AD does everything he can to stop OU fans from coming to the game. Not like I would want to go to that **** stadium to see a game anyways, once was enough for me.

There were 5,000 seats for sale, there, superfan.

CrimsonRez
11/19/2010, 11:18 AM
To say that the OU-OSU series isn't a rivalry is ridiculous.

It IS a rivalry. And not just any rivalry. It's the most lopsided in-state rivalry in the nation. Both sides should be proud to be part of such a noteworthy rivalry.

But to get back to the original point of this thread...yes, the aggie announcer is annoying and bush league. Much like the Missouri one. It kinda reminds me of my wife's high school announcer who runs the PA like he's doing play-by-play on the radio.

"It's a sweep to the left." Seriously? (A) You're allowed to do that? (B) You actually CHOOSE to do that?

You typed in B3dlam didn't you?!?!?!?!

homb1978
11/19/2010, 11:19 AM
Yes I watch football, no I do not watch much OsU football because they're never on t.v. unless they're playing OU or *. However I do look at the postgame and highlights and yes that seems to be what usually happens.

So sad, so uniformed.

Break down and pay for the cable, man! Don't you get tired of only watching 4, 5, and 9?

jumperstop
11/19/2010, 11:19 AM

Yeah at SuperBowl ticket prices. I'm not going to pay that much to visit your ****ty town and ****ty stadium.

homb1978
11/19/2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah at SuperBowl ticket prices. I'm not going to pay that much to visit your ****ty town and ****ty stadium.

$125 for the Big 12 South Championship is too much? Wow, I guess some stereotypes are right on.

jumperstop
11/19/2010, 11:21 AM
So sad, so uniformed.

Break down and pay for the cable, man! Don't you get tired of only watching 4, 5, and 9?

Yall weren't even on cable for the first few weeks, no lie there.

badger
11/19/2010, 11:22 AM

The highest single-game price in the nation, according to reports. Oh yeah, your athletic director is sooooo generous to allow 5,000 of us to purchase his overpriced seats in nosebleed areas :rolleyes:

Of course, you guys have probably been saying that all season bout the other games. :D

jumperstop
11/19/2010, 11:23 AM
$125 for the Big 12 South Championship is too much? Wow, I guess some stereotypes are right on.

I'd pay $125 for Big 12 Championship. I've paid $250 for Texas, but I've heard people are asking $300 plus for losur game. I think I'll pass and watch at home. And remember, a Big 12 South champion doesn't mean **** to us, we have 7 of those and 6 real championships. Been there done that, not a selling point.

homb1978
11/19/2010, 11:25 AM
The highest single-game price in the nation, according to reports. Oh yeah, your athletic director is sooooo generous to allow 5,000 of us to purchase his overpriced seats in nosebleed areas :rolleyes:

Of course, you guys have probably been saying that all season bout the other games. :D

Weaksauce. Stick to women's bball blogging.

CrimsonRez
11/19/2010, 11:27 AM
So sad, so uniformed.

How about you go tell Armed Forces Network to get Fox Sports Southwest so I can go watch ****ing Oklahoma State and Troy play, so I can give you a more informed opinion about your ****ing football team???? God you're a ****ing idiot.

homb1978
11/19/2010, 11:28 AM
I'd pay $125 for Big 12 Championship. I've paid $250 for Texas, but I've heard people are asking $300 plus for losur game. I think I'll pass and watch at home. And remember, a Big 12 South champion doesn't mean **** to us, we have 7 of those and 6 real championships. Been there done that, not a selling point.

Translation: I'm only a die-hard fan when my team is really good. Otherwise, I could give a ****.

homb1978
11/19/2010, 11:29 AM
How about you go tell Armed Forces Network to get Fox Sports Southwest so I can go watch ****ing Oklahoma State and Troy play, so I can give you a more informed opinion about your ****ing football team???? God you're a ****ing idiot.

You're so edgy, horns down.

CrimsonRez
11/19/2010, 11:30 AM
Translation: I'm only a die-hard fan when my team is really good. Otherwise, I could give a ****.

How is that a translation? Our team is good, so your translation is trash.

jumperstop
11/19/2010, 11:32 AM

You know me so well....no need to get all butt hurt cause people don't want to pay prices of a championship game to go see a game in your ****ty stadium. And just cause you made a little "Big 12 South Championship" title for it, doesn't make it any more special.

homb1978
11/19/2010, 11:41 AM
You know me so well....no need to get all butt hurt cause people don't want to pay prices of a championship game to go see a game in your ****ty stadium. And just cause you made a little "Big 12 South Championship" title for it, doesn't make it any more special.

So sorry. I thought Ou was about winning championships. You know your coach seems to bring it up a lot. If y'all win this game, you have so chance to go win one. Seems like something such a great fan would get excited about. :cool:

badger
11/19/2010, 11:46 AM
Weaksauce. Stick to women's bball blogging.

:D Another sport we pwn your school's arse in repeatedly.

homb1978
11/19/2010, 11:48 AM
:D Another sport we pwn your school's arse in repeatedly.

Oh god that one hurts

And I guess you did say pwn.

jumperstop
11/19/2010, 11:50 AM
So sorry. I thought Ou was about winning championships. You know your coach seems to bring it up a lot. If y'all win this game, you have so chance to go win one. Seems like something such a great fan would get excited about. :cool:

So I guess according to you, only people who go to every game are great fans and that is the only way to get excited....You losur fans amaze me with your stupidity.

jumperstop
11/19/2010, 11:53 AM

Also we tend to get more excited at OU about playing for championships than playing for a chance to play in the championship....

badger
11/19/2010, 11:53 AM
Oh god that one hurts

And I guess you did say pwn.

That's the librarian tapping you on the shoulder. You've exceeded your free internet time for the day. There are others waiting to use the public computers. See you again for about 60 minutes tomorrow, or is that the day you troll TexAgs or ShaggyBevo?

SoonerPr8r
11/19/2010, 12:07 PM

Your argument would hold some water if the price was set last week or even mid season. However, the price points for all the games were made in the off season when your team was projected to win about 6 games this season and a ton of poke fans were taking about getting rid of gundy if he lost 6 games this season.

If the season had gone as planned who would have wanted to pay 125 a ticket to watch a 6-5 team?

homb1978
11/19/2010, 12:09 PM
That's the librarian tapping you on the shoulder. You've exceeded your free internet time for the day. There are others waiting to use the public computers. See you again for about 60 minutes tomorrow, or is that the day you troll TexAgs or ShaggyBevo?

Keep trying. yOU're not very good at this.

SoonerPr8r
11/19/2010, 12:17 PM

Oh snap! You saying that must make it true!

I thought it was pretty funny.....:pop:

OKLA21FAN
11/19/2010, 12:20 PM

sort of like the cumulative history of Okie Lite football? :pop:

badger
11/19/2010, 12:26 PM

Now why would you want me to keep trying? Are you some big burly man that absolutely would love to pick a fight with a little blond haired chick? Too bad, I can tell manufactured fandom when I see it. You can wear the OSU shirt, feign ORANGE POWER spirit and do the little hand motions:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2rokpao.png

But where were you when your team nearly lost the game running victory formation earlier this season. Where were you when you team lost at home to Nebraska. Where were you when your team traveled to Norman last year and could not move its offense past the 50 yard line. You weren't here defending your team and support the Poke cause then, so I doubt you will be around after this one shining moment in OSU football history is over.

You sir, are a fraud of a fan and your fanbase is probably embarrassed for you if the best you can do at a Sooner message board is pick a fight with a girl. Go away, phony. There's plenty of real OSU fans here now to have friendly discourse with and we don't want or need you.

Crimsontothecore
11/19/2010, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=badger;3043926] Are you some big burly man that absolutely would love to pick a fight with a little blond haired chick?

Come on Badger, you know as well as I do that the term "blond haired chick" has a whole different meaning in stoolwater. Don't confuse him.

homb1978
11/19/2010, 12:38 PM
http://madtown.cc/d/27616-1/Slow-Clap.gif

jumperstop
11/19/2010, 12:39 PM
Are you some big burly man that absolutely would love to pick a fight with a little blond haired chick?

Come on Badger, you know as well as I do that the term "blond haired chick" has a whole different meaning in stoolwater. Don't confuse him.

http://www.travel-location-blog.com/data/media/12/sheep-portrait_144.jpg

sooner518
11/19/2010, 01:16 PM

You dont even address the point I was making. YEs, obviously you guys are better than usual, because usually, you win 6 games a year and get your asses handed to you. Thats the point. You very well might win this year. You very well might win next year too. But in the long run, we will win becuase we always have. Overall, we have better recruiting, better athletes, better tradition and fans who can fill a stadium. (Good luck actually filling your 60,000 seat stadium to capacity by the way)

When, as a fanbase, you perpetually say you are "on the rise", that means that you really arent that good, but youre getting better. At some point, youve got to actually sustain success over a long period of time, otherwise your "on the rise" mantra is a joke. You guys have been "on the rise" ever since you beat us in 2002, yet youve beaten us exactly zero times since then. Lord help us if you ever actually "get there".

SoonerPr8r
11/19/2010, 01:18 PM
You dont even address the point I was making.

He does that a lot. He can only respond to badger apparently. I think he has a crush:rolleyes:

homb1978
11/19/2010, 01:28 PM
You dont even address the point I was making. YEs, obviously you guys are better than usual, because usually, you win 6 games a year and get your asses handed to you. Thats the point. You very well might win this year. You very well might win next year too. But in the long run, we will win becuase we always have. Overall, we have better recruiting, better athletes, better tradition and fans who can fill a stadium. (Good luck actually filling your 60,000 seat stadium to capacity by the way)

When, as a fanbase, you perpetually say you are "on the rise", that means that you really arent that good, but youre getting better. At some point, youve got to actually sustain success over a long period of time, otherwise your "on the rise" mantra is a joke. You guys have been "on the rise" ever since you beat us in 2002, yet youve beaten us exactly zero times since then. Lord help us if you ever actually "get there".

I agree with the team on the rise thing. I think it was a little premature and I never really thought we'd get there with Miles. That was also before the big donation which helps quite a bit.

Are we there yet? No. The team this year with the exception of Hunter and Lemon and the kickers are all pretty unexperienced. I didn't expect them to be this good right now.

homb1978
11/19/2010, 01:29 PM
He does that a lot. He can only respond to badger apparently. I think he has a crush:rolleyes:

Well, the women's bball smack talk pwnage does make it pretty easy.

CrimsonRez
11/19/2010, 01:47 PM
Hey just wait till next year and our wrasslin' team will be going for a NC!!! :D

osucowboy344
11/19/2010, 02:51 PM
Children. Anyone want crumpets?:pop:

StanberryWasIn
11/19/2010, 03:03 PM
The Aggie cries of "wait till next year" won't begin until about 9:30 pm on 11/27.

Soonerwake
11/19/2010, 03:14 PM
I still can't figure out why fans of opposing teams want to go to message boards of their rivals. If I want to talk to OSU fans, I'll head down to the local feed store..

And, I would think the Aggies would be over at orangepumpers.com creaming all over each other about their team of the century.. :confused:

Cornfed
11/19/2010, 03:17 PM
And, I would think the Aggies would be over at orangepumpers.com creaming all over each other about their team of the century.. :confused:

After a bit you need a break from the limited conversation.

MamaMia
11/19/2010, 03:33 PM

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

sooneron
11/19/2010, 03:50 PM
I've seen way too many foolish things done by fans and players on both sides to not believe its a rivalry. Most level-headed Sooner fans I know say that's it's a secondary rivalry.

FTFY

StoopTroup
11/21/2010, 01:46 PM

Post a pic of your ticket stubs.

CowboyMRW
11/21/2010, 01:53 PM
Post a pic of your ticket stubs.

I don't keep past ticket stubs. The only one I would be able to post is the Bedlam one as that's the only ticket I have left from my student package, although I have all of my basketball tickets

StoopTroup
11/21/2010, 01:58 PM
I don't keep past ticket stubs.

Of course you don't. I do. I've got 38 of them in the stack....all winning games. I'm surprised you didn't keep that NU stub to remind you of when your 6 game Home Streak ended.

OU-HSV
11/21/2010, 02:00 PM
Their announcer has to make noise, I mean they can't fill up their stadium. So what other option would they have

StoopTroup
11/21/2010, 02:27 PM
If they won't sell all their tickets because they don't want us to buy them....it's always going to be that way. The only way I'd buy a ticket in that place is if one of the 5000 that they had to sell OU was for sale. I wouldn't give an aggie a dollar for one.

oudivesherpa
11/21/2010, 02:37 PM
I've been following this thread for a couple of days and I have just one question, where is Stillwater? Near Minneapolis?

LiveLaughLove
11/21/2010, 02:52 PM

It's one of two things:

Either your team/announcer/athletic department totally means to be disrespectful by doing this.

Or, they can't take the time to find out who the opponent actually is.

Of those two options, I'll go with "being disrespectful" for $500, Alex.

It's low rent dissing of the visitor.

Typical aggie in other words.

Just like your little dig toward the NU fans by suggesting that they are crying when they just want some class shown by your team/announcer/athletic department.