PDA

View Full Version : Sooners home woes

tooslow
11/17/2010, 03:27 PM
I've read a few discussions about Bob's teams struggling on the road, but I think many forget about his teams also struggling at home. I'm not sure what it is or even have a guess as to why we struggle at home. You'd think a coach like Bob could do better in his career. I mean, it's one thing to squeak by at home from time to time, but when the losses start to pile up over the course of several seasons, one has to wonder if he's the right coach for this program. Since Bob took over, he's doubled up on the home loss during his tenure as head coach. Let that soak in. He frickin doubled the score in the loss column!!!

I'm going out right now and buying a torch and a pitchfork. Then I'll be heading to Norman. Who's with me?

:D

Cornfed
11/17/2010, 03:29 PM
Did you eat paint chips as a child? ;)

sooner59
11/17/2010, 03:30 PM
2 losses?!?!? 2 F***ING LOSSES!!?!?!?! This can NOT stand! Heads must roll! :D

tooslow
11/17/2010, 03:31 PM
Did you eat paint chips as a child? ;)

Why does everybody keep asking me that? ;)

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2010, 03:31 PM
With one of those losses to you-know-who.

Cornfed
11/17/2010, 03:33 PM
With one of those losses to you-know-who.

Ok I'll play youre silly little game....who??

AlboSooner
11/17/2010, 03:34 PM
I agree with the premise of the first post: OU's dominance at home is impressive. It's amazing to think that Stoops is a few plays away from being the best coach in college football history.

1) Kejuan drops the ball vs LSU
2) O-line fails to block at the goal line, vs Florida.

Make those few plays, and OU towers even ND in college football lore, and Stoops becomes the best football coach in the history of the game

Cornfed
11/17/2010, 03:34 PM
I agree with the premise of the first post: OU's dominance at home is impressive. It's amazing to think that Stoops is a few plays away from being the best coach in college football history.

Make those few plays, and OU towers even ND in college football lore, and Stoops becomes the best football coach in the history of the game

and if frogs had wings they wouldnt bump their butts when they jumped.

SOONER44EVER
11/17/2010, 03:36 PM

Best in history. Big, big stretch there.

Leroy Lizard
Ok I'll play youre silly little game....who??

You don't even want to know.

bmjlr
and if frogs had wings they wouldnt bump their butts when they jumped.

So that is why I bump my butt when I jump...now I get it. :O

Mad Dog Madsen
11/17/2010, 03:37 PM

1) Kejuan drops the ball vs LSU2) O-line fails to block at the goal line, vs Florida.

I don't think he even touched it. He was overthrown IIRC. But yeah still... :D

Cornfed
11/17/2010, 03:39 PM
You don't even want to know.

Oh I know , I just thought you had a trick question....:D

AlboSooner
11/17/2010, 04:35 PM
Best in history. Big, big stretch there.

Maybe I'm wearing crimson glasses, but wining three NC's and six conference championships in the modern era, with so much parity and the scholarship limit, it would be ranked as the most impressive feat of college football history.

My hypothesis of what if, is not making an excuse or is not a shape of sunshine pumping; I just wanted to imagine OU having 9 NC's.

Crucifax Autumn
11/18/2010, 03:28 AM
As long as we're playing this silly game, in addition to the 2 close games we may have won 4 if one of our opponents hadn't been a pro team.

PLaw
11/18/2010, 07:38 AM

Add to that a few trick plays in the Fiesta . . .

I thought this would be the year that Bob would get his mojo back, but alas it will not be. MNC's are rare and difficult - you need a team focus (check); team chemistry (check); team leadership (check); minimal, non depth chart impacting injuries (not); and superior game plans every week (not).

Bob just needs to win out, beat nebbish in Dallas, and then go win the Fiesta. It's a tall order and will be an exciting ride. Sit down, buckle up, shut up and hold on tight!

BOOMER