PDA

View Full Version : Did I hear Traber say

tm250
11/16/2010, 08:08 PM
Did Traber say on the radio today "I know some of you pshyco OU fans think the sports animal would not exist without OU football, but that goes bothways" Meaning: that OU football would not be the giant it is without the sports animal??

Surely I misheard him, he can't be that stupid can he???

SOONER44EVER
11/16/2010, 08:11 PM
Did Traber say on the radio today "I know some of you pshyco OU fans think the sports animal would not exist without OU football, but that goes bothways" Meaning: that OU football would not be the giant it is without the sports animal??

I don't know if he said that but yes.................he can be that stupid.

Adrian
11/16/2010, 08:12 PM

When he gets wound up, he says lots of stupid things...

MeMyself&Me
11/16/2010, 08:13 PM
I heard him say that. It was in one of his rants and in the context of this rant that was suppose to mean that OU football wouldn't exist without sports media... not just the sports animal.

SOONER44EVER
11/16/2010, 08:14 PM
Traber is the guy that said Bush would go down as one of the greatest Presidents in history. :eek:

jumperstop
11/16/2010, 08:16 PM
Traber is the guy that said Bush would go down as one of the greatest Presidents in history. :eek:

One of the greatest at ****ing up the country....

wilson63
11/16/2010, 08:18 PM
Traber...is in labor..well at least he looks and sounds like it..as long as losuer state is doing well he will be even more brash and loud than usual. Has anyone noticed since boone picker has started throwing his money around...OSU is getting a lot more airplay on the animal...(can o worms). Yes they've played better...but it seems the animal is almost giddy about their success and really only 1 loss separates the two teams records ths year. OU needs to finish strong...say you what??

Breadburner
11/16/2010, 08:20 PM
Even his kids hate him.....

jumperstop
11/16/2010, 08:21 PM
I don't see why people are still suprised by Traber's stupidity.

stoopified
11/16/2010, 08:43 PM

Surely I misheard him, he can't be that stupid can he???The fact you can ask that,makes me wonder bout you! :D

The fact that OU has been a national power since WWII,in fact THE National Power since WWII(OU has the most wins,most NCs,highest winning % since 1945) easily proves his stupidity.How long has SA been around? I'm thinking less than 30 years.

oudavid1
11/16/2010, 09:03 PM
Say what you want, he gets you to listen.

btk108
11/16/2010, 09:17 PM
Traber=Doosh, I just find another station whenever he's on.

Soonermagik
11/16/2010, 09:28 PM
He's in the entertainment business.

AlboSooner
11/16/2010, 09:29 PM
He doesn't do a good job entertaining people.

btb916
11/16/2010, 09:42 PM
I listen just to hear that song some band recorded with his name in it. "Traber!"

EstablishedSooner1967
11/16/2010, 09:43 PM
I rank the animal as the WORST RADIO I have ever heard... its so F-ing bad I do not know why all you Oklahoma residents listen to that crap. Thank goodness for WunderRadio on my iphone when I'm back in OKC for games and family. My station never gets over there to that annoying unfunny crap.

StoopTroup
11/16/2010, 09:48 PM
We walked by the animals cracker box after the game. Traber was still jacking his jaws. I said "hey traber! **** you!". It just felt like the right thing to do.

OUbasketball4life
11/16/2010, 09:51 PM
I just hate when he calls his wife up and puts her on the air and asks her how many purses she owns

SoonerLB
11/16/2010, 09:54 PM
I listened to him once, briefly, . . . . . that was enough.

Soonermagik
11/16/2010, 09:55 PM
He doesn't do a good job entertaining people.

Agreed!! However, he is good at sucking people in by having stong feelings and making controversial statements. He has said before on air that he's not the same person away for the microphone. His job is to get people talking!!

Sadly, I have now been sucked into this by commenting on this "entertainment" nonsense. :(

SouthFortySooner
11/16/2010, 10:38 PM

Never heard his voice.

SOONER44EVER
11/16/2010, 11:25 PM
We walked by the animals cracker box after the game. Traber was still jacking his jaws. I said "hey traber! **** you!". It just felt like the right thing to do.
Good jorb. :D

tulsaoilerfan
11/16/2010, 11:25 PM
Why are their 2 Traber threads on this board? He must be doing his job if he pisses u people off

oudavid1
11/17/2010, 12:24 AM
I rank the animal as the WORST RADIO I have ever heard... its so F-ing bad I do not know why all you Oklahoma residents listen to that crap. Thank goodness for WunderRadio on my iphone when I'm back in OKC for games and family. My station never gets over there to that annoying unfunny crap.

i was in texas durring the red river rivalry in 2009, it was the day of the game and there local sports radio was talking golf. i almost punched zee radio.

yankee
11/17/2010, 12:31 AM

not me! i'm not a SA guy...

rainiersooner
11/17/2010, 01:55 AM

That's awesome.

Seamus
11/17/2010, 02:23 AM
Did Traber say on the radio today "I know some of you pshyco OU fans think the sports animal would not exist without OU football, but that goes bothways"

Traber goes both ways. He likes boys and sheep.

Soonersince57
11/17/2010, 09:35 AM

This should become a new tradition for home games.

OU Engineer
11/17/2010, 09:38 AM
1310 the ticket in dallas is the best sports radio evar!

but seriously the sports animal is awful I dont want to listen to a fat man and a midget talk about songs from the 50's or the three stooges for 2 hours a day.

CrimsonCommando
11/17/2010, 10:06 AM
Traber has small hands. And Gout. He's the biggest "yardbird" of them all.

RacerX
11/17/2010, 10:11 AM
My name is RacerX.

I've been Sports Animal free for a long ****ing time.

At least 8 years without listening to that crap.

SoonerNutt
11/17/2010, 10:13 AM
Agreed!! However, he is good at sucking people

This is probably true

TUSooner
11/17/2010, 10:26 AM
"Trabers" are what you get when you pay people with 15 minutes' worth of intelligence to talk on the radio all day long.

OUmillenium
11/17/2010, 10:39 AM
Rivals 122 rulz
Bill King in the morn
Mike leach and Jack arute at lunch

MeMyself&Me
11/17/2010, 10:43 AM
Rivals 122 rulz
Bill King in the morn
Mike leach and Jack arute at lunch

Definitely, particularly the Bill King show.

AlboSooner
11/17/2010, 10:55 AM
Why are their 2 Traber threads on this board? He must be doing his job if he pisses u people off

Wait, his job is to upset people?

Caboose
11/17/2010, 11:00 AM
The Sports Animal is some awful radio. The only thing worse than Trabor are the Morning Animals. Astonishing that anyone listens to them.

StoopTroup
11/17/2010, 11:01 AM
You know...It's one thing to not agree with someone and another to be a homer and be an announcer that talks about our games....but to continually have an aggie sit there in that chair year after year blasting the **** he blasts...I say run him off the air. The days of letting the shows producer use him as a thorn in our side should come to an end. By now he should be able to get a job up in stoolwater where an ex-OU personality can be on air with him....wait...what kind of OU Personality would even consider doing that gig? That of course is my point. Nobody would take a job like that as doing so makes you the biggest doosh in the State. Yet Traber continues to do it year after year and Sooners go down to Campus Corner and sit there in astonishment that he has the balls to do it. Al E. knows that without Traber the show would probably need a really great 2nd personality and would probably make him 2nd fiddle...so he continues to do the show with "The Doosh".

I say it's time to let Traber know it's time to move on. Quit standing in front of those idgets and quit calling in. They sicken me.

btb916
11/17/2010, 02:56 PM
The Sports Animal is some awful radio. The only thing worse than Trabor are the Morning Animals. Astonishing that anyone listens to them.

Yes. They are awkward and try so hard to make jokes, yet they fail every time. I can't stand those guys.

Landthief 1972
11/17/2010, 03:33 PM
Haven't listened to the Animal since they pulled the 30-minute commercial break bulls**t during the Sun Bowl "broadcast." They should just rename the damned thing the "Easy Paycheck" Animal. There's a special place in hell for any station owner that makes people listen to Bobbi Burbridge Lane spout out her blowhole 5-6 times an hour in that pious, Lou Holtz-y voice.

SoonerMom2
11/17/2010, 03:37 PM
Why do some of you even listen to the Sports Animal? KREF, 1400 here in Norman is much better and it is on-line. Love listening to Myron Patton and the rest including James Hale, Toby Rowland and PJ Mills. Sports Animal has been off my radio for a long time. Sports Animal people can ask some really dumb questions of Bob Stoops. He has more patience than I would at some of the same dumb questions over and over again.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/17/2010, 03:39 PM
I'd rather be cut to death with a dull butter knife than listen to James Hale...PJ is allsome though

Scott D
11/17/2010, 03:42 PM
Brandon Weeden is so old he remembers when he had Jim Traber baseball cards in his spokes.

fadada1
11/17/2010, 03:56 PM
When he wakes up, he says lots of stupid things...

TRUE!!!

Cornfed
11/17/2010, 03:57 PM
Sometimes I think they should let Jim have the year off.

MeMyself&Me
11/17/2010, 04:44 PM
Why do some of you even listen to the Sports Animal? KREF, 1400 here in Norman is much better and it is on-line. Love listening to Myron Patton and the rest including James Hale, Toby Rowland and PJ Mills. Sports Animal has been off my radio for a long time. Sports Animal people can ask some really dumb questions of Bob Stoops. He has more patience than I would at some of the same dumb questions over and over again.

Well... It's the only sports radio station from Oklahoma I can pick up in my car in Abilene, Texas. That's why. But yeah, it can be annoying.

Cornfed
11/17/2010, 04:46 PM
Well... It's the only sports radio station from Oklahoma I can pick up in my car in Abilene, Texas. That's why. But yeah, it can be annoying.

Pretty much the same here up in NW Okie, it's either listen to SA or listen to nothing. I do listen to nothing alot ...:D

MeMyself&Me
11/17/2010, 05:30 PM
Pretty much the same here up in NW Okie, it's either listen to SA or listen to nothing. I do listen to nothing alot ...:D

If i could get kref to work on my windows mobile phone i'd listen to it more often. i can do that with the animal from there but not kref. also, kref on my computer is so damned quiet that i have to be right in front of it to hear it with the volume all the way up.

Mad Dog Madsen
11/17/2010, 05:37 PM
Traber is stupid...

http://images.checkoutmycards.com/zoom/e6b283a5-fb66-4cb8-91e3-0b7804b136a2.jpg

See? :D

OUthunder
11/17/2010, 05:41 PM
I liked the guy who did the Uncle bit. That was some funny $hit sometimes.

Sooner_Tuf
11/17/2010, 10:36 PM
I'd rather be cut to death with a dull butter knife than listen to James Hale...PJ is allsome though

Whenever I hear James Hale's voice I feel the need to look around and make sure I am not surrounded by bars. Then it dawns on me, he must have gotten out.

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2010, 11:22 PM
Wasn't there a man by the last name of Steele on the SA? I haven't heard the show for a very long time.

sozo
11/17/2010, 11:37 PM
Brandon Weeden is so old he remembers when he had Jim Traber baseball cards in his spokes.

Good one!lol
The only thing worse than Traber is the Midget!:rolleyes:

Ground_Attack
11/18/2010, 01:21 AM
Wasn't there a man by the last name of Steele on the SA? I haven't heard the show for a very long time.

Mike Steely...morning animals. he does the "Uncle" bit

Scott D
11/18/2010, 01:47 PM
I remember getting banned on Traber's message board. Who knew he'd have a sandy vagina about Bob Horner's superiority to him.