PDA

View Full Version : I enjoy listening to Traber but . . .

Rickety_Syd
11/16/2010, 03:45 PM
His constant attacks on Stoops are over the top.

Honestly, I don't know what he expects Stoops to say when he's asked week after week after week after week about losing on the road. I guess Traber won't be happy until Stoops just says, "We suck. We're terrible and we suck and I'm a terrible football coach when it comes to road games."

He's going off right now about the press conference. That he shouldn't be angry when he's asked about the same stupid things week after week. Seriously, if I were Stoops, I'd be a little pissed off too. I understand the media has a job to do, but some media members come of as little children who asks mom the same question over and over and getting the same response, and yet keeps on asking until mom finally says, "Will you shut the heck up!"

And now he's going off on how Stoops treated poor John Hoover today . . .

Sooner Brewcrew
11/16/2010, 03:55 PM
I can't stand listening to Traber. All he usually does is try to yell louder than Ashbeck.

MichiganSooner
11/16/2010, 03:56 PM
The media thinks they have Stoops over a barrel because they don't have any other ideas. There are a few on this forum who thought OU would definitely go undefeated this year. Most thought there would be a stumble or 2. Did I enjoy losing to Missouri? Heck no. How about A&M? A bigger heck no. Those are 2 very good teams. And, even with the game on the road, we had an excellent chances to win both. It isn't as if we went on the road and got blown out by Kansas and Colorado which is what they seem to think.

Adrian
11/16/2010, 03:57 PM
Bob Stoops to Jim Traber:

Come say it to my face, big fella! There's not a fence around me...

picasso
11/16/2010, 03:57 PM
He hides it well but Traber has to be sporting some Poke wood at the thought of sniffing the south title.

AlboSooner
11/16/2010, 04:03 PM
Stoops doesn't owe traber or anybody else in the media an explanation. He owes an explanation to his team, coaches and his boss.

I count it as positive if somebody like traber dislikes Stoops.

SoonerPr8r
11/16/2010, 04:07 PM
All the media guys band together when a coach has any kind of anger or scarcasam in their voice they are a bunch of self important blowhards who get bent out of shape when you tease them about anything or refuse to answer their questions.

What is Bob supposed to do? Say, "Gee guys, I don't know how to coach could yall help me? Here are all of my plays, tell me what to do."

KantoSooner
11/16/2010, 04:18 PM
You are all absolutely right when it comes to trashing the 'sporting press'. There are very few good ones and the rest would be well advised to stick to reading the scores and providing color. Well advised, but not well paid. So they keep stirring the **** and trying to make a moment <insert Gundy reference>.
Stoops, on the other hand, doesn't help himself with his routine of non-answer-answers. If he doesn't want to talk with these yoyo's send a media flak out to handle it, distribute a written statement or just cancel the pressers altogether.
Or he could do a little analysis and engage the press and fans.
It's the middle road that really doesn't serve anyone's purpose.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2010, 04:19 PM
Im a traber fan myself..

Widescreen
11/16/2010, 04:21 PM
Maybe if we'd fix our road issues, he wouldn't get asked the question and then everyone would be happy. :D

OUthunder
11/16/2010, 04:29 PM
I used to like listening to Traber. He's always seemed a bit obnoxious to me, but in the last couple of years, he just seems more so than usual. Saw him on TV the other night and I was honestly embarrassed for him. He needs to tone it down a notch or two.

Rickety_Syd
11/16/2010, 04:39 PM
I can completely understand why Stoops is tired of the constant questions about his road record. The media (including Traber) act as if OU has always been bad on the road, as if it has been a problem for 12 years running, when in reality it has only been a problem the last two (with last year being explanable due to injuries). That's why Stoops says things like "look at 2006, 2007 and 2008. We were pretty good on the road then." And Traber says that's irrelevent to this year.
Then Traber completely defends Hoover for bringing up a loss in 2007 to Colorado as relevent to the situation at hand.
The hypocrisy is on Traber on this issue, not Stoops.

Stoops has never denied the need to play better on the road. He knows that. I like Traber in most situations, but he's dead wrong on this issue about Stoops and how he should respond to the media about OU's road losses.

SOONER44EVER
11/16/2010, 04:40 PM
I'm not a Traber fan either..................but he's right on this one.

Dwight
11/16/2010, 04:49 PM
I very much prefer KREF 1400

PJ Mills is a boss.

Howzit
11/16/2010, 04:50 PM
Im a traber fan myself..

I want my id bracelet back.

stoopified
11/16/2010, 04:57 PM
He hides it well but Traber has to be sporting some Poke wood at the thought of sniffing the south title.He AIN'T HIDING HIS WOOD, IT JUST ISN'T THAT NOTICEABLE UNDER THAT BELLY.

AlboSooner
11/16/2010, 05:01 PM
I dislike him the most for presenting to many people a fundamentalist, and uneducated version of Christianity. Just now, he said animals don't have souls, because his pastor told him so.

It doesn't say anywhere in the Bible that animals don't have souls. If the garden of Eden is a picture of heaven, of perfection than it is logical to conclude that animals will be present in heaven.

rainiersooner
11/16/2010, 06:09 PM
Is Traber on The Animal? Occasionally I listen to The Animal online because I'd like to get an OU fix...that is some of the worst sports radio in the world. The production value, the awkward silences punctuated by random yellow and screaming punctuated by promo plugs...I bet there are more interesting high school radio shows out there.

booomer
11/16/2010, 07:26 PM
I dislike him the most for presenting to many people a fundamentalist, and uneducated version of Christianity. Just now, he said animals don't have souls, because his pastor told him so.

It doesn't say anywhere in the Bible that animals don't have souls. If the garden of Eden is a picture of heaven, of perfection than it is logical to conclude that animals will be present in heaven.

I heard that too. Groeschel simply said that there is no proof that animals have souls, but that there are animals in heaven and just exactly how they got there......only God knows.

Leave it to windbag Traber to quote it wrong. :rolleyes:

Soonermagik
11/16/2010, 07:29 PM
He's in the entertainment business.

C&CDean
11/16/2010, 07:40 PM
I'm not a Traber fan either..................but he's right on this one.

Yeah, cause Bob sucks...

You ****ing tool. You and marty must be having butt secks. I cannot tell you how much I hate the faux Sooner fans.

booomer
11/16/2010, 08:01 PM
Ouch!

SOONER44EVER
11/16/2010, 08:02 PM
Yeah, cause Bob sucks...

You ****ing tool. You and marty must be having butt secks. I cannot tell you how much I hate the faux Sooner fans.

If you're looking for a faux Sooner fan then look in the mirror before calling me one. I've been a fan for over 40 years. I never said Bob sucks and I'm sorry butt secks is on your mind. Traber said he disagreed with how Bob talked to that reporter and I said I agreed. I still agree. I've got news for you that you may not know. Bob Stoops isn't ALWAYS right.

tm250
11/16/2010, 08:19 PM
If Traber is friends with Stoops like he claims he is then why wouldnt Traber call him... Maybe Traber could call Toby then they could call Stoops on 3 way.....

C&CDean
11/16/2010, 08:24 PM
If you're looking for a faux Sooner fan then look in the mirror before calling me one. I've been a fan for over 40 years. I never said Bob sucks and I'm sorry butt secks is on your mind. Traber said he disagreed with how Bob talked to that reporter and I said I agreed. I still agree. I've got news for you that you may not know. Bob Stoops isn't ALWAYS right.

Of course not. He ****ed up once in 1969 when he chose a Mounds over an Almond Joy, but overall, he's pretty ****ing good.

Bob does not owe any POS $11 an hour reporter a ****ing thing. **** the little dipwad who asks stupid questions.

When Bob's POS freshman team become sophs and start whooping ***, what are losers like you and marty gonna hate? Your wives? Your pathetic little lives? Your puny penises? Meh. I hate me a hater.

wilson63
11/16/2010, 08:24 PM
Let's not give that knuckle head that does the mid day show a pass either...three weeks in a row I've have listened to him throw out negative comments about stoops after the Press conference because he didn't answer a question the way he thought he should have. I think they secretly want the aggies to win the south so they can take a little shine off the OU star. I find myself listening to a lot of NPR..at least when my brain turns to jello...it will be high grade!

SOONER44EVER
11/16/2010, 08:27 PM
Of course not. He ****ed up once in 1969 when he chose a Mounds over an Almond Joy, but overall, he's pretty ****ing good.

Bob does not owe any POS $11 an hour reporter a ****ing thing. **** the little dipwad who asks stupid questions.

When Bob's POS freshman team become sophs and start whooping ***, what are losers like you and marty gonna hate? Your wives? Your pathetic little lives? Your puny penises? Meh. I hate me a hater.

Take a pill man. Calm down. :)

rekamrettuB
11/16/2010, 08:31 PM

But Traber applauds Gundy going ape**** on Jenni Carlson because he doesn't like her.

SOONER44EVER
11/16/2010, 08:32 PM
But Traber applauds Gundy going ape**** on Jenni Carlson because he doesn't like her.

Yep. Gundy was wrong there. Jenny was just telling the truth.

jumperstop
Let's not give that knuckle head that does the mid day show a pass either...three weeks in a row I've have listened to him throw out negative comments about stoops after the Press conference because he didn't answer a question the way he thought he should have. I think they secretly want the aggies to win the south so they can take a little shine off the OU star. I find myself listening to a lot of NPR..at least when my brain turns to jello...it will be high grade!

I would say Mark Rodgers is the most interesting to listen to. He's just as full of himself like everyone else on that station, but at least he is unbias and very knowledgable about a lot of sports. He'll hear you out instead of spewing his bs all over the radio.

booomer

Good point.

He doesn't appear to like women at all.

jumperstop
11/16/2010, 08:33 PM
Yep. Gundy was wrong there. Jenny was just telling the truth.

I don't know if he was wrong, but he certainly took it overboard.

SOONER44EVER
11/16/2010, 08:33 PM
We're spoiled in this department too. Remember how Barry and Billy talked to the media? Always entertaining.

C&CDean
11/16/2010, 09:03 PM
Take a pill man. Calm down. :)

Take a pill? Calm down?

That reporter was out of line for having the audacity to even open his POS trapper in Stoops' presence.

Stoops takes better ****s than that homo. Just don't tell marty. He thinks Stoops should be coaching 5-5 high school teams up in Woodward, cause that's all he and other dimwits on this board know anything about. Don't put yourself in the same rare air.

texas bandman
11/16/2010, 09:03 PM
Maybe he needs to talk about his players' fat girlfriends in his pressers. :D

pappy
11/17/2010, 03:19 AM
I don't feel bad for stoops having to answer the road loss question. He has lost 4 consecutive true conference road games. If he doesn't want to be asked the question all he has to do is win on the road. Which I think he will do this coming Saturday at Baylor.

cleller
11/17/2010, 08:27 AM
I heard that too. Groeschel simply said that there is no proof that animals have souls, but that there are animals in heaven and just exactly how they got there......only God knows.

Leave it to windbag Traber to quote it wrong. :rolleyes:

As I dog lover, I have to admit the whole animal souls in Heaven is a strange thing to worry over.

Comparing dogs to humans, I'd guess Heaven would have a ratio of about 50 dogs to 1 human.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/17/2010, 09:38 AM
Yeah, cause Bob sucks...

http://www.thewheelfx.com/lane/GIFS/buttsecks.gif

SoonerPr8r
11/17/2010, 10:14 AM
Not sure if any of you were listening to the broadcast of the TT game but the announcers were talking about all the questions Coach Stoops was getting about winning on the road. They went on to defend him and make some good points on why it is rough what they said was similar to what Stoops said when first asked the question. If you remember he did answer the questions when they were first asked but stopped after about the 3 or 4th time because either the reporters didn't like his answers or were too stupid to come up with anything else to ask. Either is a very real possibility.

Okie35
11/17/2010, 10:29 AM
I don't even know who this guy is but he sounds like a tool. Meh.

Crimsontothecore
11/17/2010, 12:01 PM

funny you mention that. a few weeks ago a guy called the SA and said he doesn't think Traber acts like a christian when he goes off on his screaming tirades and calls people names. Traber's response was to say that he's asked his preacher about his on-air behavior and that he has no problem with it.
In conclusion, we can assume his preacher is as big a ****** as Traber.

rekamrettuB
11/17/2010, 12:08 PM
funny you mention that. a few weeks ago a guy called the SA and said he doesn't think Traber acts like a christian when he goes off on his screaming tirades and calls people names. Traber's response was to say that he's asked his preacher about his on-air behavior and that he has no problem with it.

Translation: Jim, as long as you keep tithing, I have no problem with your on-air behavior.

Harry Beanbag
11/17/2010, 01:11 PM
http://www.thelostogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/jim-traber-fat-jack.jpg
http://gallery.calebhammel.com/storage/post-01/BUTTSECKS.jpg

StoopTroup
11/17/2010, 01:42 PM
Quit calling in to the Sports Animal. Quit listening if it makes you want to call in. They say all that crap to get you to call. Who gives to ****s what Traber has to say. He's a Doosh and always will be a Doosh. Anyone making their living next to him is a Doosh. Let him go get a job in stoolwater where he belongs. There's a reason Al's place went under. Think about it.

btk108
11/17/2010, 01:49 PM
Quit calling in to the Sports Animal. Quit listening if it makes you want to call in. They say all that crap to get you to call. Who gives to ****s what Traber has to say. He's a Doosh and always will be a Doosh. Anyone making their living next to him is a Doosh. Let him go get a job in stoolwater where he belongs. There's a reason Al's place went under. Think about it.

heh....remember your blood pressure, sweetheart. :D

soonerborn45
11/17/2010, 01:59 PM
Not sure if any of you were listening to the broadcast of the TT game but the announcers were talking about all the questions Coach Stoops was getting about winning on the road. They went on to defend him and make some good points on why it is rough what they said was similar to what Stoops said when first asked the question. If you remember he did answer the questions when they were first asked but stopped after about the 3 or 4th time because either the reporters didn't like his answers or were too stupid to come up with anything else to ask. Either is a very real possibility.

Exactly! Stoops answered the question three weeks ago and dumba$$ Hoover didn't like the answer so he kept fishing for the one that he wanted and that is what pissed Stoops off. I mean hell, Hoover busted out a quote from three fricking years ago. Seriously dude, find something else to right about. I think next week is the week that we will hear the podium as Stoops knocks it over and the next thing you hear is John Hoover screaming "NOOOOO!!!"

UberSooner
11/17/2010, 02:17 PM
I dislike almost all sports personalities. They all have pretty much the same access to the same info because unlike the old days, most of em are too lazy to do homework and build relationships to get a scoop. So they just yell and slobber and work on branding a tag line.

What can a coach possibly say to the question, "why do you think you have trouble winning on the road?". It's like asking "why do you think momentum swings back and forth in nearly every game?". Maybe because playing on the road is always tougher than playing at home, its why they call it home field advantage. It's all just stupid.

sooneron
11/17/2010, 03:12 PM
For the record, Traber is a big fan of Stoops. He has always said so. He might be giddy about his 'boys doing well, but I doubt that interferes with his entertainment job descrip. I rarely listen to the animal- it has sucked more and more of late, (I know, hard to do..) and I feel the better for it.

Cornfed
11/17/2010, 03:22 PM

So christians can't get angry and yell.....lol

Scott D
11/17/2010, 03:35 PM
Traber is just overcompensating for finding out he had the smallest dick on the teams he played for in Japan.

oumartin
11/17/2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah, cause Bob sucks...

funny how somebody with a different viewpoint from you must have buttsechs.

You come after people on this board like nobody else. Why don't you grow up a bit.

I don't go around mentioning your name so I don't understand why you gotta always bring mine up.

we all know you are the most wise person in the world. you berate everyone that thinks otherwise. sheesh dude

EstablishedSooner1967
11/17/2010, 04:33 PM
How can anyone even listen to the sports animal? It by far the worst radio in history... Im glad I dont live in okc.. all the caller with stupid nick names and handles. The host are idiots for the most part. Even when Im back in okc that never get turned on to waste my day.

SOONER44EVER
11/17/2010, 04:36 PM
All you guys that never listen sure seem to know a lot about it. :D

OUthunder
11/17/2010, 05:38 PM

Don't hold back man, tell us how you really feel. :D

BTW, sat next to Al on a flight from Chicago last month, not the nicest of folks. He pretty much thinks his $hit don't stink.

C&CDean
11/17/2010, 06:21 PM
funny how somebody with a different viewpoint from you must have buttsechs.

You come after people on this board like nobody else. Why don't you grow up a bit.

I don't go around mentioning your name so I don't understand why you gotta always bring mine up.

we all know you are the most wise person in the world. you berate everyone that thinks otherwise. sheesh dude

Wrong again marty.

I berate people who make statements like "oh, you don't want to fire Stoops/Wilson/Venables huh? Must mean you like mediocrity."

That's the **** that chaps my cheeks. You think the people who support the coaches like to lose. That's not smart.

Rickety_Syd
11/17/2010, 06:29 PM
I dislike almost all sports personalities. They all have pretty much the same access to the same info because unlike the old days, most of em are too lazy to do homework and build relationships to get a scoop. So they just yell and slobber and work on branding a tag line.

What can a coach possibly say to the question, "why do you think you have trouble winning on the road?". It's like asking "why do you think momentum swings back and forth in nearly every game?". Maybe because playing on the road is always tougher than playing at home, its why they call it home field advantage. It's all just stupid.

We should start a Hoover's Dumb Questions thread.

"Why do I get wet whevever it rains?"

http://www.normikhex.com/23.jpg