PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody seen...

LoveDemSooners
11/15/2010, 05:56 PM
Landry's video on iamsecond.com? It's kinda interesting http://iamsecond.com/#/seconds/Landry_Jones/

meoveryouxinfinity
11/15/2010, 06:11 PM
weird.. i understand he wants to be a preacher.. but i dont know why people put their personal lives out there like that.

Leroy Lizard
11/15/2010, 07:16 PM
Well, it does demonstrate that some players are actually human beings.

but i dont know why people put their personal lives out there like that.

If you're not devoted to God, you worry about stuff like that. But once you get within that inner circle, you don't care about the public reaction. This is what drives many crazy about Tebow. "Why doesn't he see what a fool WE think he is?" He doesn't care.

Dwight
11/15/2010, 09:24 PM
I stopped watching half way through. This stuff is ridiculous.

OUDizzle
11/15/2010, 09:27 PM
Dinosaurs.

E-Town
11/15/2010, 09:57 PM
Very good testimony from Landry as was Sam Bradford's and Colt McCoy.

Leroy Lizard
11/15/2010, 10:00 PM
Dinosaurs.

:confused:

http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/dinosaurs.jpg

soonerinkaty
11/15/2010, 10:24 PM

Is Dinosaurs the name of that show? I haven't seen it since I was eleven and I used to love it. Kinda weird though.

cjames317
11/15/2010, 10:59 PM
... a dog dyed dark green?

AlboSooner
11/15/2010, 11:12 PM
Second to God doesn't quite scream of humility.;)

Different story if this campaign was named: I am last.

85sooners
11/15/2010, 11:36 PM
:gary:

Soonerus
11/15/2010, 11:38 PM
Adds a little different perspective on the guy...

Collier11
11/15/2010, 11:49 PM
I dont know why everyone is so caught up in this, good for him. I would hope that we had more good guys on the team like this. If the worst thing that ever happens to our football team again is that we have a QB who is a good guy, so be it

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2010, 12:44 AM
Is Dinosaurs the name of that show?

Yep. Funny show.

I grew up on The Banana Splits. Even weirder.

sooner KB
11/16/2010, 01:17 AM
I dont know why everyone is so caught up in this, good for him. I would hope that we had more good guys on the team like this. If the worst thing that ever happens to our football team again is that we have a QB who is a good guy, so be it

How does any of this show that he's a "good guy", or any better than anyone else?

Collier11
11/16/2010, 01:38 AM
Never said he was better than anyone else, it is quite clear that the guy has solid morals...if you cant see that you are obviously just trying to prove a point

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2010, 02:11 AM
Never said he was better than anyone else, it is quite clear that the guy has solid morals...

So THAT's what's pissing everyone off.

Collier11
11/16/2010, 02:34 AM
guess so

rainiersooner
11/16/2010, 02:58 AM
Touchy subject I suppose. I've got no problem at all with Landry doing this, and as my own kind of quiet Christian, am happy that he has found this inner peace. BUT - and it's just me, but since we're talking about it, I have a problem with new age media Christians using 20/21/22 year old men as propaganda. I suppose they would call it "testifying" - but the whole production has a spooky cultish feel to me.

rainiersooner
11/16/2010, 03:02 AM
Touchy subject I suppose. I've got no problem at all with Landry doing this, and as my own kind of quiet Christian, am happy that he has found this inner peace. BUT - and it's just me, but since we're talking about it, I have a problem with new age media Christians using 20/21/22 year old men as propaganda. I suppose they would call it "testifying" - but the whole production has a spooky cultish feel to me.

So just to be clear. I give thumbs down for I am second; thumbs up for Landry being an excellent young man...if that makes sense.

CrimsonRez
11/16/2010, 03:43 AM

I see what you're saying, however; I will tell you why they use these 20/21/22 year olds to talk about it. 20/21/22 is a crucial age for people as most people who have been these ages know this. Most people leave the house at 18 but you really start disengaging from your parents influence around 20. So my theory is, is that if these people see their heroes or people they look up to in everyday situations. Then hopefully they can make the right choices. Is it cultish? What isn't these days? Christians go out and they use what they have. It says in Mark 16:15 to go into all the world and preach my name. They're just doing what they're told to do and what they believe in.

Seamus
11/16/2010, 05:04 AM
This thread brings to mind a pretty famous quote:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

Me, I dig Christ. But the church, and many if not most of the followers? Not so much.

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2010, 05:43 AM
That's okay. Gandhi is being roasted over an open fire right about now.

Boomer.....
11/16/2010, 08:35 AM
I have no problem with it and think it's cool of him.

CrimsonRez
11/16/2010, 08:39 AM

Jesus FTW

achiro
11/16/2010, 09:17 AM
Wow some of you are so freaking amazing. A kid gives his testimony and you act like it's a bad thing. Here's how I look at it. LOT'S of kids go through a lot of emotional crap the first year or so away from home, especially at college. It tells those kids that if someone that pretty much seems like they have it together can have the same issues then maybe I can get through it as well.

It really is sad to me that whether you believe in God or not that you think it's ok to bash someone that does. What it usually tells me about a person is that they are questioning their own choice not to believe. You are not trying to convince me that there is no God, you are trying to convince yourself.

gaylordfan1
11/16/2010, 09:26 AM
Wow, I thought this was great. We are lucky to have a guy like Landry on our team. I never got that he was saying he was better than anyone else.... and if you got that you are just being self absorbed. This wasn't about you....

XingTheRubicon
11/16/2010, 09:44 AM

I hope not, maybe a partial qualifier or some other exemption...

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2010, 09:49 AM
not much meat on those gandhi bones

XingTheRubicon
11/16/2010, 09:51 AM
This thread brings to mind a pretty famous quote:

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

Me, I dig Christ. But the church, and many if not most of the followers? Not so much.

Most of the followers? Have you ever been to a church?

I've been a member of 3 different churches in my lifetime and I can honestly say that about 90% of the members of each church are honest and moral people. Now, there was also a few members here and there that were amazing hypocrites. I think we all remember the hypocrites more.

XingTheRubicon
11/16/2010, 09:53 AM
Wow, I thought this was great. We are lucky to have a guy like Landry on our team. I never got that he was saying he was better than anyone else.... and if you got that you are just being self absorbed. This wasn't about you....

heathens tend to think about themselves

AlabamaSooner
11/16/2010, 10:25 AM
Wow some of you are so freaking amazing. A kid gives his testimony and you act like it's a bad thing. Here's how I look at it. LOT'S of kids go through a lot of emotional crap the first year or so away from home, especially at college. It tells those kids that if someone that pretty much seems like they have it together can have the same issues then maybe I can get through it as well.

It really is sad to me that whether you believe in God or not that you think it's ok to bash someone that does. What it usually tells me about a person is that they are questioning their own choice not to believe. You are not trying to convince me that there is no God, you are trying to convince yourself.

Two thumbs up. Very well said. :)

delhalew
11/16/2010, 10:55 AM
heathens tend to think about themselves

You talking to ME?

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2010, 11:25 AM
I hope not, maybe a partial qualifier or some other exemption...

God is more like DKR when it comes to dealing with those who don't quite measure up to his standards.

Seamus
11/16/2010, 11:37 AM
Most of the followers? Have you ever been to a church?

Umm, what's a church? :rolleyes:

Seamus
11/16/2010, 11:40 AM

Doubtful. I think good people get to Heaven or Nirvana or Valhalla or St. James Gate or whatever.

And Gandhi was a good person.

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2010, 12:06 PM
Doubtful. I think good people get to Heaven or Nirvana or Valhalla or St. James Gate or whatever.

Doubtful?? I would love to see that statistical analysis.

(He's certainly not getting into Valhalla or Heaven.)

Collier11
11/16/2010, 01:52 PM

I dont see at all how it is touchy, he isnt rubbing it in your face...you chose to watch the video

Seamus
11/16/2010, 02:01 PM

Well, since you would have to be dead to see that, be my guest.

Jeez, let it go.

People are allowed to have opinions or beliefs that are not necessarily your own.

SunnySooner
11/16/2010, 02:40 PM
I think it's allsome, Landry rocks, and it takes some serious courage to put your beliefs out there like that, especially when those beliefs are popular targets of ridicule and derision. Good for him.

I also never knew he had such ridiculously long eyelashes. Seriously, why is it always boys that get those?!?!? Not EVEN fair!

crawfish
11/16/2010, 04:12 PM
weird.. i understand he wants to be a preacher.. but i dont know why people put their personal lives out there like that.

To help other people who might be going through the same thing.

Collier11
11/16/2010, 04:13 PM
because whether you agree or not, alot of people look up to him and people like him

prrriiide
11/16/2010, 05:01 PM
I have a problem with new age media Christians using 20/21/22 year old men as propaganda. I suppose they would call it "testifying" - but the whole production has a spooky cultish feel to me.

Meh. Been doing it for years. When I was in jr. high a church group had JC Watts come and talk to us. Same deal, just in-person and with a mic. Most organizations have something to say, and they're all using the internet to do it. Even Westboro and Stormfront. There are a lot worse messages being hawked over the web.

For me, I think something was answered in that video though. I think we might be seeing the dividends of the lack of focus during the freshman year in the road performances. Think about it: he says his epiphany came after his first year. His second year, he got thrown into the volcano immediately. When you are deeply depressed and doing all the stuff you shouldn't be doing, there isn't as much learning going on, and what you do learn doesn't sink in as deeply. That second year of (newly-focused) tutelage under Heupel and Bradford could have made all the difference, had Bradford not gotten hurt. Makes me look forward to next season all the more.

People are allowed to have opinions or beliefs that are not necessarily your own.

Of course. But you will have your opinions and beliefs argued ad nauseum by Liztard no matter what they are.

prrriiide
11/16/2010, 05:06 PM
oops..doubled it up

stoopified
11/16/2010, 05:12 PM

If you're not devoted to God, you worry about stuff like that. But once you get within that inner circle, you don't care about the public reaction. This is what drives many crazy about Tebow. "Why doesn't he see what a fool WE think he is?" He doesn't care. Very true

Fraggle145
11/16/2010, 05:12 PM

And since when are you god? :rolleyes:

Give it a ****in rest Leroy.

Fraggle145
11/16/2010, 05:15 PM
Surprisingly, I actually like the idea of i am second.

It doesnt seem to be so in your face as some other ministries are... Its basically here is a website. My testimony is on it. Check it out if you want.

Seems okay to me. And I am atheist.

Collier11
11/16/2010, 05:25 PM
Its really funny Frag, if we have someone screwin around like Bomar or heaven forbid if we were going thru the Cam Newton saga right now, fans would be up n arms.

Now we have a good kid who went thru some tough times but by all accounts has rededicated his life and is a good person, people find a way to gripe about it.

You dont have to be a Christian (like Frag) or you can be (like myself) to be able to be happy for the guy...geez some of you are pathetic, angry people

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2010, 05:28 PM
Of course. But you will have your opinions and beliefs argued ad nauseum by Liztard no matter what they are.

You are wrong.

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2010, 05:30 PM
And since when are you god? :rolleyes:

Give it a ****in rest Leroy.

This notion that "I am good, so I will go to heaven" is just wishful thinking and completely unsupported by Scripture.

TopDawg
11/16/2010, 05:43 PM
This notion that "I am good, so I will go to heaven" is just wishful thinking and completely unsupported by Scripture.

But still might be true.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/16/2010, 05:45 PM

If you're not devoted to God, you worry about stuff like that. But once you get within that inner circle, you don't care about the public reaction. This is what drives many crazy about Tebow. "Why doesn't he see what a fool WE think he is?" He doesn't care.

Maybe it's just me but I've always believed actions speak louder than words.
That's why this kind of stuff bothers me.

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2010, 05:54 PM
Maybe it's just me but I've always believed actions speak louder than words.

You can have both. You can act like a Christian and talk like one. Besides, the act of witnessing involves speaking about your faith.

So maybe it's just you.

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2010, 05:55 PM
But still might be true.

Sure, but it hardly makes the contrary "doubtful."

Seamus
11/17/2010, 03:56 AM
Well, I doubt there are many dickheads in heaven.

soonerhubs
11/17/2010, 07:01 AM

The notion that you play the role of eternal judge for another is also unsupported by scripture. Just saying...

Crimsontothecore
11/17/2010, 08:25 AM
My take on the video is that it's a little too dramatic. I'm not hearing a kid say he was depressed because of some real tragedy in his life, i'm not hearing a kid talk about how he was abused as a child, had a mother die while he was young, had a sibling commit suicide, ect. Nope, Landry was depressed because he got a full ride scholarship to the university of Oklahoma but wasn't the starting quarterback as a true freshman.

Poor Landry, must have been awful having "big" problems like that. If those are his reasons for being depressed and turning to alcohol then maybe it explains his road performances. Weak.

soonerhubs
11/17/2010, 08:44 AM
My take on the video is that it's a little too dramatic. I'm not hearing a kid say he was depressed because of some real tragedy in his life, i'm not hearing a kid talk about how he was abused as a child, had a mother die while he was young, had a sibling commit suicide, ect. Nope, Landry was depressed because he got a full ride scholarship to the university of Oklahoma but wasn't the starting quarterback as a true freshman.

Poor Landry, must have been awful having "big" problems like that. If those are his reasons for being depressed and turning to alcohol then maybe it explains his road performances. Weak.

...because depression only comes to those with other problems?

How about we take off the skeptical spectacles for one moment and appreciate the fact that a good kid became better by learning to transcend a little narcissism?

Sheesh!!! Some of you people complain about the world stinking, yet you fail to remove the cheese from under your own nose.

Crimsontothecore
11/17/2010, 09:13 AM
...because depression only comes to those with other problems?

How about we take off the skeptical spectacles for one moment and appreciate the fact that a good kid became better by learning to transcend a little narcissism?

Sheesh!!! Some of you people complain about the world stinking, yet you fail to remove the cheese from under your own nose.

Hey, everybody has a right to be depressed for any reason I guess. Just seems silly to me to watch a serious, dramatic, music laced video testimony of a kid who obviously has no idea what REAL problems are. Poor Landry really had to overcome a mountain didn't he?:rolleyes:

MamaMia
11/17/2010, 12:46 PM
Well, I doubt there are many dickheads in heaven.

Poor Leroy Lizard. :P

XFollower
11/17/2010, 01:06 PM
Landry is standing for what he believes in. No harm, no foul. I think it's great.

Collier11
11/17/2010, 01:11 PM
Hey, everybody has a right to be depressed for any reason I guess. Just seems silly to me to watch a serious, dramatic, music laced video testimony of a kid who obviously has no idea what REAL problems are. Poor Landry really had to overcome a mountain didn't he?:rolleyes:

well if you had paid any attention you would see that his depression was caused by what he decided his own self worth was, he had wrapped up his self worth in sports and getting attention. It took that low point for him to realize that he needs to live his life by Gods standards, not his own

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2010, 01:19 PM
The notion that you play the role of eternal judge for another is also unsupported by scripture. Just saying...

Nowhere did I say that I my opinions constitute final judgment. Gandhi isn't approaching flash point on account of anything I said. Just saying...

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2010, 01:22 PM

The whole point of Landry's video went right over your head.

Besides, football fans are the last ones that can complain about people making a big deal out of nothing. There are some in here who can't even come to grips with the fact that their QB isn't the absolute best in the country.

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2010, 01:23 PM
Poor Leroy Lizard. :P

Yep, no one to argue with.

Crimsontothecore
11/17/2010, 02:59 PM
well if you had paid any attention you would see that his depression was caused by what he decided his own self worth was, he had wrapped up his self worth in sports and getting attention. It took that low point for him to realize that he needs to live his life by Gods standards, not his own

Low point= being OU's back-up QB as a frosh.
Wow, guess i didn't know what real tragedy was.

Please!

Collier11
11/17/2010, 03:00 PM
Still missing the point

Crimsontothecore
11/17/2010, 03:01 PM
The whole point of Landry's video went right over your head.

Besides, football fans are the last ones that can complain about people making a big deal out of nothing. There are some in here who can't even come to grips with the fact that their QB isn't the absolute best in the country.

Really? what was the point exactly? please enlighten me oh great scaled one.

Mad Dog Madsen
11/17/2010, 03:04 PM
LMAO!

Crimsontothecore
11/17/2010, 03:12 PM
If being OU's back-up QB is enough reason to be depressed than I figure Allen, Nimmo, and Bell must be on suicide watch.

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2010, 03:13 PM
Really? what was the point exactly? please enlighten me oh great scaled one.

We have only stated it here about a dozen times, but here goes once again.

Landry grew up being the star athlete. He thought that was what was most important. So he got depressed when he got to OU and he was on a team that had players who were even bigger stars than him.

He found God and discovered that his priorities were all mixed up. Now he is happy.

The end.

sooneron
11/17/2010, 03:13 PM
a dog dyed dark green?

sorry saw the thread title and that is the first thing that came to me. :D

Crimsontothecore
11/17/2010, 03:19 PM
We have only stated it here about a dozen times, but here goes once again.

Landry grew up being the star athlete. He thought that was what was most important. So he got depressed when he got to OU and he was on a team that had players who were even bigger stars than him.

He found God and discovered that his priorities were all mixed up. Now he is happy.

The end.

Ok, I'm still waiting for what I missed.

Collier11
11/17/2010, 03:20 PM
No, you are trying way too hard to be a pain in the azz

Crimsontothecore
11/17/2010, 03:28 PM
No, you are trying way too hard to be a pain in the azz

Why, because my heart doesn't bleed for someone who was spoiled by their own success and struggled with not being the top dog? I'm glad he found God and got his priorities straight but the fact is, there's a million high school athletes out there who would love to have that same mountain to overcome.

Collier11
11/17/2010, 03:30 PM
Still.Not.Getting.It

Mad Dog Madsen
11/17/2010, 03:33 PM
a dog dyed dark green?

Yes.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01462/green-dog_1462357i.jpg

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2010, 03:33 PM
a dog dyed dark green?

Is Quiche Lorraine a good old friend named John?

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2010, 03:35 PM
Why, because my heart doesn't bleed for someone who was spoiled by their own success and struggled with not being the top dog?

http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr279/Wylma7/ImpliedFacePalm.jpg

Crimsontothecore
11/17/2010, 06:04 PM
Still.Not.Getting.It

Yes, I get it. Landry overcame what was a big obstacle...for him. I get it. My daughter did the same thing last week. She got a really bad haircut and thought her world had fallen apart. Thank god she didn't have to turn to booze to overcome.

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2010, 06:19 PM
Yes, I get it.

No, you don't.

We all fall into the trap of making more out of our problems than warranted. Landry is no different. There are millions of people out there that have not had to endure the hardships of something like the Gulag, yet are still unhappy.

Why? Because good fortune is relative. If you don't grow up in Stalinist Soviet Union, you have no appreciation for how bad things can get. If you grow up in Beverly Hills, not getting a car for your 16th birthday is a major negative, and who is to say that is wrong? Star athletes get accustomed to the idolatry and have a hard time adjusting to circumstances where they are not held in high praise.

Unlike many others, Landry came to grips with his unhappiness and now, thanks to his devotion to God, sees that he doesn't have it so bad after all. For that you should praise him, for a lot of athletes never come out of the doldrums.

BTW, I taught for one year at an exclusive high school, where every student was what the public would call a spoiled rotten drama queen. But if you learn to understand their problems, they turn out to be pretty okay kids.

soonerhubs
11/17/2010, 06:26 PM

Nowhere did I say that I my opinions constitute final judgment. Gandhi isn't approaching flash point on account of anything I said. Just saying...

There's always a small loophole for you to argue about... Always. ;)

I believe some folks think the theme of the video is sympathy, and that's fine. I took more of the empathy theme from it, but to each his/her own.

Crimsontothecore
11/17/2010, 06:40 PM
No, you don't.

We all fall into the trap of making more out of our problems than warranted. Landry is no different. There are millions of people out there that have not had to endure the hardships of something like the Gulag, yet are still unhappy.

Why? Because good fortune is relative. If you don't grow up in Stalinist Soviet Union, you have no appreciation for how bad things can get. If you grow up in Beverly Hills, not getting a car for your 16th birthday is a major negative, and who is to say that is wrong? Star athletes get accustomed to the idolatry and have a hard time adjusting to circumstances where they are not held in high praise.

Unlike many others, Landry came to grips with his unhappiness and now, thanks to his devotion to God, sees that he doesn't have it so bad after all. For that you should praise him, for a lot of athletes never come out of the doldrums.

BTW, I taught for one year at an exclusive high school, where every student was what the public would call a spoiled rotten drama queen. But if you learn to understand their problems, they turn out to be pretty okay kids.

Yes, I get it. You only think I don't because my reaction wasn't what you thought it should be. I made mountains out of mole hills when I was 21 too but I didn't expect the whole world to see it my way, nor did they. One day, after the world has taken some real swings at him, Landry will also realize that his tribulations as a 19-21 year old weren't so bad after all.

Collier11
11/17/2010, 07:11 PM
Landry isnt asking the whole world to feel bad for him, he is just giving people a look thru his eyes and what caused him to give his life to God, nothing more and nothing less

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2010, 07:19 PM
Yes, I get it. You only think I don't because my reaction wasn't what you thought it should be. I made mountains out of mole hills when I was 21 too but I didn't expect the whole world to see it my way, nor did they. One day, after the world has taken some real swings at him, Landry will also realize that his tribulations as a 19-21 year old weren't so bad after all.

He already realizes it. That's the point you keep missing.

Here is the conversation you would have had at the school where I worked.

Student: "Mr. Crimson, I want to tell you that I acted pretty badly in class yesterday..."

CTTC: "You're a spoiled rotten kid."

Student: "Yeah, I guess I was. But after having thought it over, I realize that I have it pretty good considering..."

CTTC: "You think you have it so tough! Well... well, you don't!"

Student: "Yeah, I realize that now, but at the time I guess I didn't appreciate how many kids don't have cars, so I decided to volunteer at the local..."

CTTC: "You think you're the only one in the world that doesn't have a car! Well... you're not!"

Student: "I see that now, but..."

CTTC: "You're spoiled rotten!"

C&CDean
11/17/2010, 07:47 PM
Yes, I get it. Landry overcame what was a big obstacle...for him. I get it. My daughter did the same thing last week. She got a really bad haircut and thought her world had fallen apart. Thank god she didn't have to turn to booze to overcome.

Instead, she might turn to fellating all the boys at school to overcome.

Be careful what you say/do.

Blue
11/17/2010, 08:06 PM
A Christian giving his testimony! God forbid!

Thank God for this guy and people like him that don't apologize or try to please anyone but God Almighty.

Crimsontothecore
11/17/2010, 08:19 PM
Instead, she might turn to fellating all the boys at school to overcome.

Be careful what you say/do.

So what's your obsession with butt secks and fellatio? Are you speaking from experience?

soonerhubs
11/17/2010, 08:28 PM
He already realizes it. That's the point you keep missing.

Here is the conversation you would have had at the school where I worked.

Student: "Mr. Crimson, I want to tell you that I acted pretty badly in class yesterday..."

CTTC: "You're a spoiled rotten kid."

Student: "Yeah, I guess I was. But after having thought it over, I realize that I have it pretty good considering..."

CTTC: "You think you have it so tough! Well... well, you don't!"

Student: "Yeah, I realize that now, but at the time I guess I didn't appreciate how many kids don't have cars, so I decided to volunteer at the local..."

CTTC: "You think you're the only one in the world that doesn't have a car! Well... you're not!"

Student: "I see that now, but..."

CTTC: "You're spoiled rotten!"

This is actually pretty accurate. Nothing like negating someone else's positive experience.

Ornery to the core needs to go find some kids' sandcastles to tear down and say, "Get some perspective you bastard! The rain would take it out the next day anyways!!"

C&CDean
11/17/2010, 08:47 PM
So what's your obsession with butt secks and fellatio? Are you speaking from experience?

Sure?

You drug your bad haircut daughter into this POS. Don't blame me for pointing out the silliness of your argument.

Crimsontothecore
11/17/2010, 08:51 PM
This is actually pretty accurate. Nothing like negating someone else's positive experience.

Ornery to the core needs to go find some kids' sandcastles to tear down and say, "Get some perspective you bastard! The rain would take it out the next day anyways!!"

So have you ever posted negative or critical comments here about Tebow?
Now think carefully before you answer. You don't want to look like a hypocrite.

soonerhubs
11/17/2010, 08:57 PM
So have you ever posted negative or critical comments here about Tebow?
Now think carefully before you answer. You don't want to look like a hypocrite.

Not carefully. Yes, I've said things negative about Tebow. :rolleyes:

Did someone spill water on Leroid and feed him after midnight?

soonerhubs
11/17/2010, 09:01 PM
:rolleyes:

KBoomer11
11/17/2010, 09:03 PM
I'm just glad we have a quarterback who we don't have to worry about getting in trouble and embarrassing the program. He is a great example for young kids, no matter what you think of his testimony.

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2010, 09:08 PM
Landry should have been caught by the FBI for selling coke. Then his testimony would have garnered praise from all corners of the board.

Collier11
11/17/2010, 09:10 PM
except you :D

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2010, 09:29 PM
except you :D

True dat.

starclassic tama
11/17/2010, 09:29 PM
man this thread is gayyy. i think my religious beliefs or lack thereof are pretty obvious, but i can't find anything wrong with these videos. hell if nothing else i look at it like if the guy is a hardcore christian and really wants to become a minister then he is at the very least less likely to get involved in any off the field problems and stay eligible, helping the sooners win.

PalmBeachSooner
11/17/2010, 09:39 PM

NOT THE MAMMA!!!!

Crimsontothecore
11/17/2010, 10:26 PM
Not carefully. Yes, I've said things negative about Tebow. :rolleyes:

Did someone spill water on Leroid and feed him after midnight?

I respect your honesty. In fact, I'll bet everyone who pounced on me here has been very critical of Tebow and how he demonstrates his Christianity. Funny how we see our own through a different set of eyes.

Collier11
11/17/2010, 10:31 PM
I think most of us got sick of the way the media whored Tebow out, that is different

Blue
11/17/2010, 10:31 PM
I respect your honesty. In fact, I'll bet everyone who pounced on me here has been very critical of Tebow and how he demonstrates his Christianity. Funny how we see our own through a different set of eyes.

This is completely different. It's a testimony on a random website, not acting like a tool in interviews and press confereces.

I have no problem w/ Tim Tebow sharing his belief. I do have a problem w/ him acting like a doosh.

Don't speak for the rest of us, CTC.

swardboy
11/17/2010, 10:33 PM
Let me take a stabby: Highly successful athletes are on a drug; you like me because of what I can do. It was a liberating experience for LJ to find that his worth wasn't determined by his success on the football field...the real Landry Jones is far more than a football player.

His depression was caused by the reality that no one is perfect, and he could never be the perfect player....thus he could never truly be "loved" by others. The depression had nothing to do with trials in his life.

wilson63
11/17/2010, 11:09 PM
man you guys need to get over yourselves....he could be taking advantage of drunkin coeds...in the news for drunk driving....or just a turd...he is just a young man with convictions...he is just a football player...he is just human...besides no matter how we make lifes journey...the final physical destination is the same...and all our lifes accomplishments are summed up in the dash between the born and died date on your headstone...( i didn't go to the site...not interested...no nay...no yay....)

Leroy Lizard
11/17/2010, 11:14 PM
man you guys need to get over yourselves....he could be taking advantage of drunkin coeds...in the news for drunk driving....or just a turd...he is just a young man with convictions...he is just a football player...he is just human...besides no matter how we make lifes journey...the final physical destination is the same...and all our lifes accomplishments are summed up in the dash between the born and died date on your headstone...( i didn't go to the site...not interested...no nay...no yay....)

Huh?

OK2U
11/17/2010, 11:29 PM
I'm not religious or even that spiritual, but I have no problem with these videos. Any player that recognizes the unique privilege he has to play for Oklahoma and can put it in perspective is going to prepare a little harder, IMO. GK was outspoken about is faith, but was a beast on the field.

Blue
11/17/2010, 11:32 PM
GK was outspoken about is faith, but was a beast on the field.

There is nothing contradictory about that.

Crimsontothecore
11/17/2010, 11:46 PM
I'm not religious or even that spiritual, but I have no problem with these videos. Any player that recognizes the unique privilege he has to play for Oklahoma and can put it in perspective is going to prepare a little harder, IMO. GK was outspoken about is faith, but was a beast on the field.

I wish LJ would become a beast on the field away from home.