PDA

View Full Version : Newton Done at Texas

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/15/2010, 02:54 PM
It appears that Tre' Newton is done with football at Texas after some concussions. You never like to see that in a young kid. Best of luck to him in his future endeavors!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/texas/7295533.html

olevetonahill
11/15/2010, 03:44 PM
I wish him well.

yermom
11/15/2010, 03:47 PM
i hope this isn't just because Texas sucks this year.

Okie35
11/15/2010, 03:49 PM
i hope this isn't just because Texas sucks this year.

He's giving up football as a whole, not transferring. Best of luck to him, injuries suck.

unbiasedtruth
11/15/2010, 03:51 PM
wonder if he will follow the same path as his father Nate did after football was over?

jumperstop
11/15/2010, 03:52 PM
All you guys are too nice. Seems like a quitter to me.

Boarder
11/15/2010, 04:19 PM
I disagree with your assessment.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/15/2010, 04:21 PM
wonder if he will follow the same path as his father Nate did after football was over?

sell weed out of his car?

Boarder
11/15/2010, 04:22 PM
sell weed out of his car?
No, lose a bunch of weight.

85sooners
11/15/2010, 04:30 PM
:gary:

TXBOOMER
11/15/2010, 04:31 PM
His dad was a piece of shat human being, Hopefully he has learned from his dad's mistakes and goes on to be a productive taxpayer.

Leroy Lizard
11/15/2010, 04:54 PM

One more bad concussion and he might be a true quitter.

yankee
11/15/2010, 04:57 PM
tre is a good, smart kid. he's got a 3.3 in Int'l Business...so he's going to do just fine in life despite not playing football. i wish him the best of luck, it's too bad his career had to end like this.

jumperstop
11/15/2010, 05:03 PM
One more bad concussion and he might be a true quitter.

A lot of football players get concussions and don't quit. I just think there has to be something else to this. I wonder if the concussion would have caused him to quit if they were undefeated and in the championship hunt at this point.

Leroy Lizard
11/15/2010, 05:03 PM
tre is a good, smart kid. he's got a 3.3 in Int'l Business...

Yeah, but his dad helped him out on that with his Juarez-to-El Paso connections.

PLaw
11/15/2010, 05:05 PM
very sad. God speed and here's to a great life away from football, young Mr. Newton.

You have been a great competitor.

Boomer

Leroy Lizard
11/15/2010, 05:26 PM
A lot of football players get concussions and don't quit. I just think there has to be something else to this. I wonder if the concussion would have caused him to quit if they were undefeated and in the championship hunt at this point.

If he doesn't want to play football, he doesn't have to. His reasons are his own and none of our business.

yankee
11/15/2010, 05:29 PM
A lot of football players get concussions and don't quit.

and then they they oatmeal for brains by the time they're 40. the kid is very smart, why not use his brain while he can? sheesh...he's battled concussions since his 8th grade year, but i guess he's just not tough enough, huh?

Widescreen
11/15/2010, 05:33 PM
If he doesn't want to play football, he doesn't have to. His reasons are his own and none of our business.

Let it be noted that I actually agree with LL for once.

I feel gross.

Boarder
11/15/2010, 05:34 PM
Let it be noted that I actually agree with LL for once.

I feel gross.
Don't say it out loud and it doesn't hurt as bad.

Leroy Lizard
11/15/2010, 05:37 PM

No, he needs to say it out loud for the world to hear. At that point, and then only at that point, will he truly be free.

Scott D
11/15/2010, 05:38 PM

It wasn't just a single concussion. And considering that every time he has a concussion it puts him at a higher risk to have another concussion I think he's making the right decision as befits his future. There is more to life than football, and if the kid is making the grades that people say he's making, he'll have a solid future without ever strapping on a helmet again.

yankee
11/15/2010, 05:43 PM
It wasn't just a single concussion. And considering that every time he has a concussion it puts him at a higher risk to have another concussion I think he's making the right decision as befits his future. There is more to life than football, and if the kid is making the grades that people say he's making, he'll have a solid future without ever strapping on a helmet again.

/end thread.

TXBOOMER
11/15/2010, 05:45 PM
He was an average D1 running back. He knows there is no big future in the NFL for him so why not get out now if he is one of those guys that gets concussions easy. Smart move on his part. Not sure there is such a thing as a bright future for a college graduate in this economy unless he goes to medical or dental school.

Scott D
11/15/2010, 05:47 PM
His future should be brighter than someone who either dropped out of high school, or graduated high school and either didn't go to college or dropped out of college. I'm just sensitive about people making light of concussions, to be honest.

jumperstop
11/15/2010, 05:50 PM
and then they they oatmeal for brains by the time they're 40. the kid is very smart, why not use his brain while he can? sheesh...he's battled concussions since his 8th grade year, but i guess he's just not tough enough, huh?

Didn't know he had multiple concussions. I thought it was just the one this year and the mild one from Colorado they mentioned in the article. Don't follow horn players as close as you guys do.

I don't care if he does or doesn't, just seemed like according to the article there wasn't much of a reason.

jumperstop
11/15/2010, 05:56 PM
His future should be brighter than someone who either dropped out of high school, or graduated high school and either didn't go to college or dropped out of college. I'm just sensitive about people making light of concussions, to be honest.

I'm really the only person who would "have been making light of concussions" and I really wasn't. I didn't know this was a recurring issue with him and it just appeared that he was making a decision to quit because of the single concussion.

Leroy Lizard
11/15/2010, 05:58 PM
I don't care if he does or doesn't, just seemed like according to the article there wasn't much of a reason.

Frankly he doesn't have to provide a reason. I wouldn't. I would just tell the press "because I don't ****'ing feel like it!"

GrapevineSooner
11/15/2010, 06:21 PM
His dad was a piece of shat human being, Hopefully he has learned from his dad's mistakes and goes on to be a productive taxpayer.

And his dad paid his debt to society and became a better person.

Leaner, too, thanks to bariatric surgery.

I wish Tre' well. I followed him during his career at Southlake Carroll and he seems like a good kid.

yermom
11/15/2010, 06:43 PM

yeah, i'm kinda suffering in silence myself

Scott D
11/15/2010, 07:25 PM
calling him a quitter seems like making light of it to me.

reddfoxx
11/15/2010, 08:39 PM
Tre is a really good kid with an absolutely wonderful mom. I wish him only the best.

oudavid1
11/15/2010, 10:00 PM
Smart move by the young man, must be hard to go through what he is. God bless him, i wish him well.

westcoast_sooner
11/16/2010, 12:37 AM
I really want to wish the kid the best. He had some good games at Texas, but certainly he needs to think of his future.

SCOUT
11/16/2010, 02:16 AM

Having a Dad with legal troubles doesn't make you a bad person.

Sincerely,

Adrian Peterson

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2010, 02:17 AM
Having a Dad with legal troubles doesn't make you a bad person.

Sincerely,

Barry Switzer

FIFY

osucowboy344
11/16/2010, 02:37 AM
Not paying child support and having legal troubles doesn't make you a bad person. Don't forget to get some boomer Q.

Sincerely,

Billy Sims

FIFY

olevetonahill
11/16/2010, 02:38 AM
FIFY

suck you aggy go back to yer sheep barn :rolleyes:

osucowboy344
11/16/2010, 02:42 AM

I can't because they are filled with sooners:D

olevetonahill
11/16/2010, 02:45 AM
I can't because they are filled with sooners:D

Why in hell would ANY Sooner want to be around Yalls stinkin wimmens ?:eek:

texaspokieokie
11/16/2010, 08:48 AM

you want to do what to an aggy ????

ashley
11/16/2010, 09:11 AM

To paraphrase: If a man fails, at least he fails daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who never knew neather victory or defeat.