PDA

View Full Version : I think we'll play better on the road this time.

boomermagic
11/15/2010, 09:57 AM
I believe the players/coaches will be focused this time and if we play like i hope we do we'll be ready for oswho and beat the pukes too.

texaspokieokie
11/15/2010, 09:59 AM
we haven't been focused in past games ???

meoveryouxinfinity
11/15/2010, 10:00 AM
I believe the players/coaches will be focused this time and if we play like i hope we do we'll be ready for oswho and beat the pukes too.

IMO, that's delusional. There is nothing to very little that makes me believe OSU won't TORCH our defense.

Baylor, now that's another topic.

StoopTroup
11/15/2010, 10:08 AM
I'm looking forward to Baylor. I'd give my opinion about the Pokes but they have to get by the North Powerhouse Kansas. Once we're by da bears and those jawhawkers put another nightmare in the books, we can start talking about what Bob is gonna do about keeping us in the game against the COTY on his Farm that Boone built.

Sooner Brewcrew
11/15/2010, 10:09 AM
I think they have the talent to play well on the road every time. The problem is they drank the kool-aid that the media gave out about how they can't win on the road and now it's in their heads. that's ashame too.

mgsooner
11/15/2010, 10:10 AM
I think we'll play "better" against Baylor but that will not so much be a product of us overcoming our road woes as much as it is an indictment of a sham Baylor team that has been vastly overrated by beating a horrible Texas team.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/15/2010, 10:12 AM
I'm looking forward to Baylor. I'd give my opinion about the Pokes but they have to get by the North Powerhouse Kansas. Once we're by da bears and those jawhawkers put another nightmare in the books, we can start talking about what Bob is gonna do about keeping us in the game against the COTY on his Farm that Boone built.

If you look at it without any bias, Oklahoma State is going to kill us.

If we win I will heap all the praise on Stoops and the coaches. But this game has loss written all over it.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/15/2010, 10:16 AM
I think they have the talent to play well on the road every time. The problem is they drank the kool-aid that the media gave out about how they can't win on the road and now it's in their heads. that's ashame too.

I really don't think the whole "win on the road" has ANYTHING to do with us playing on the road.

I think it has more to do with our dominance at home. That's what they should be writing about...

mgsooner
11/15/2010, 10:24 AM
I really don't think the whole "win on the road" has ANYTHING to do with us playing on the road.

I think it has more to do with our dominance at home. That's what they should be writing about...

We've lost 4 consecutive road conference games. Any way you want to slice it or spin it, that's pathetic.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/15/2010, 10:28 AM
We've lost 4 consecutive road conference games. Any way you want to slice it or spin it, that's pathetic.

I completely agree. But this wouldn't be as pathetic if we hadn't won XX consecutive games at home. Do you not agree?

PS How many in a row is it now?

mgsooner
11/15/2010, 10:30 AM
Well yeah by that argument it wouldn't be as pathetic if we got into a time machine and went back to the John Blake years. Coincidentally the last time we lost 4 straight conf road games was during the Blake era.

KantoSooner
11/15/2010, 10:32 AM
Have the motivational floggings continued?

meoveryouxinfinity
11/15/2010, 10:34 AM
Well yeah by that argument it wouldn't be as pathetic if we got into a time machine and went back to the John Blake years. Coincidentally the last time we lost 4 straight conf road games was during the Blake era.

true true

gaylordfan1
11/15/2010, 10:34 AM
I hate running QB's.....

SoonerPr8r
11/15/2010, 10:58 AM
All I can say about our next 2 opponents is: Never bet against a streak.

soonercastor
11/15/2010, 10:58 AM

sigh. I thought this two weeks ago too. I'm just not comfortable going on the road anymore, and I bet the players have the same feeling but the coaches are taking care of that hopefully. We'll be fine against Baylor I think, OSU is another story but if we get that confidence going in the Baylor game then we shall represent the South in the CCG :pop:

soonercastor
11/15/2010, 10:59 AM
All I can say about our next 2 opponents is: Never bet against a streak.

heh. We're due :P

boomermagic
11/15/2010, 11:05 AM
IMO, that's delusional. There is nothing to very little that makes me believe OSU won't TORCH our defense.

Baylor, now that's another topic.

Call me delusional then but I think if you look at Bob's track record he has a history of doing just what i said.. Maybe it's delusional to think otherwise ?

Has osu showed you any great defense? I know they have a good offense but I am afraid I don't buy into them as being a powerful team with their defense and I feel like we have a chance of putting together a defensive game plan that will slow them down especially if we get a few turnovers.. I know we are very capable of laying a rotten egg but I believe we have the talent to make a great game of it and I am not going to concede defeat to the sheep humpers.. I may feel differently after the baylor game.. How many points did the GREAT osu team score against us last time ?

soonercastor
11/15/2010, 11:17 AM
Call me delusional then but I think if you look at Bob's track record he has a history of doing just what i said.. Maybe it's delusional to think otherwise ?

Has osu showed you any great defense? I know they have a good offense but I am afraid I don't buy into them as being a powerful team with their defense and I feel like we have a chance of putting together a defensive game plan that will slow them down especially if we get a few turnovers.. I know we are very capable of laying a rotten egg but I believe we have the talent to make a great game of it and I am not going to concede defeat to the sheep humpers.. I may feel differently after the baylor game.. How many points did the GREAT osu team score against us last time ?

History has little to do with this, streaks are broken. He's pretty much saying that based on what we have seen this year, one should expect OSU to win; and OSU will be favored to win this game. And last year we were at home.

Now I put my Sooner glasses back on, and I see OU win BIG. :pop:

meoveryouxinfinity
11/15/2010, 11:23 AM

History also says we would beat Mizzou...

Here's what I'm looking at and what I see:
OSU offense, best in the Big XII. Far superior to Mizzou and A&M.
Best WR in the league, best RB in the league.
Mediocre on defense, don't have anyone like Von Miller on the D-line.
Great punter, great kicker, good-great special teams overall.
Stillwater is a harder place to play than Mizzou, probably equal to A&M.

OU offense, starting to hit their stride. Improved overall on the road from the Mizzou game to the A&M game. Lives and dies on the short pass game.
OU defense is injured at D-line, starting to get healthy and experienced at LB and in the secondary.
Great punter, terrible kicking (KO and place kicking), mediocre special teams over all.

Now, if Nebraska can get it done with their offense, we sure as heck can. I just hope our D line can get pressure.

boomermagic
11/15/2010, 11:23 AM
History has little to do with this, streaks are broken. He's pretty much saying that based on what we have seen this year, one should expect OSU to win; and OSU will be favored to win this game. And last year we were at home.

Now I put my Sooner glasses back on, and I see OU win BIG. :pop:

That all goes without saying.. osu WILL be favored but what does that have to do with anything ? I bet we were FAVORED in our losses this year as well.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/15/2010, 11:26 AM
By the way, I DO think OSU is overrated.

They haven't played anyone away from home. Got beat by Nebraska soundly.

If we execute, we win by 7+ easily...

soonercastor
11/15/2010, 11:33 AM
That all goes without saying.. osu WILL be favored but what does that have to do with anything ? I bet we were FAVORED in our losses this year as well.

yes we were favored, that's why those were "upsets." If you take away the names of the school, OU beating OSU would be an upset too.

texaspokieokie
11/15/2010, 12:17 PM

can only beat road teams that they play. tx, ksu & teck. how hard is teck to beat @ home.

neb beat them by 10. is that "soundly" ???

boomermagic
11/15/2010, 12:38 PM
If you look at it without any bias, Oklahoma State is going to kill us.

If we win I will heap all the praise on Stoops and the coaches. But this game has loss written all over it.

Having said everything I said up to now I will agree that you are correct when you say this.. It's time we put it all together and besides we are due some luck.. :D

osucowboy344
11/15/2010, 12:48 PM

Bring IT ON!!!!

osucowboy344
11/15/2010, 12:49 PM

Interesting...hahahhahah

boomermagic
11/15/2010, 12:51 PM
Bring IT ON!!!!

We will be there ******* and your sorry team will choke just like they always do when an OU team gets on the same field with the sheep humpers.. :mad:

osucowboy344
11/15/2010, 12:58 PM
We will be there ******* and your sorry team will choke just like they always do when an OU team gets on the same field with the sheep humpers.. :mad:

First, this team does not care about the past losses to OU or Texas. Second, we are not Texas a&m.

MyT Oklahoma
11/15/2010, 01:13 PM
I always expect the Sooners to win. Always.

Whether we win the next two road games or not though depends upon factors that none of us control. That's what makes life so much fun. You never know whats gonna happen next.

Talk is cheap let's play ball.

jumperstop
11/15/2010, 01:24 PM
First, this team does not care about the past losses to OU or Texas. Second, we are not Texas a&m.

"We were due. Oklahoma State was due for this win," Cowboys coach Mike Gundy said. "There was a lot of talk about not winning here ... and they've had our number for a while."

Sounds like gumby cared to me....and yes your not aTm but you barely beat them at home when they had the interception machine feed you four picks...It'll be a close game though, were not blowing you guys out and vice versa...

osucowboy344
11/15/2010, 01:26 PM
Sounds like gumby cared to me....and yes your not aTm but you barely beat them at home when they had the interception machine feed you four picks...It'll be a close game though, were not blowing you guys out and vice versa...

Gundy cared but the players obviously showed the poke choke was not something they cared that much about. Maybe its because we have more players from Texas than Oklahoma. Either way, I agree it should be a good game. I don't expect a blow out and could see this game going either way.

jumperstop
11/15/2010, 01:34 PM
Gundy cared but the players obviously showed the poke choke was not something they cared that much about. Maybe its because we have more players from Texas than Oklahoma. Either way, I agree it should be a good game. I don't expect a blow out and could see this game going either way.

I hated the announcer for yalls game the other night. They made it sounds like all the OSU players were pissed that the almighty Texas didn't recruit them and they were "playing with a chip on their shoulder". That's dumb, ask any player on the OSU squad from Texas if they would rather be playing for OSU or Texas this year and see how many answer Texas...I bet zero. Those players from Texas probably don't give two ****s about UT, especially this year.

osucowboy344
11/15/2010, 01:43 PM
I hated the announcer for yalls game the other night. They made it sounds like all the OSU players were pissed that the almighty Texas didn't recruit them and they were "playing with a chip on their shoulder". That's dumb, ask any player on the OSU squad from Texas if they would rather be playing for OSU or Texas this year and see how many answer Texas...I bet zero. Those players from Texas probably don't give two ****s about UT, especially this year.

Yea, you are probably right. I was at the game, and to be honest it was kind of boring. But a W is a W.

Okie35
11/15/2010, 01:44 PM
can only beat road teams that they play. tx, ksu & teck. how hard is teck to beat @ home.

neb beat them by 10. is that "soundly" ???

They didn't play soundly but Martinez had a career throwing day and he really can't throw that well. In fact he's a mediocre QB when it comes to passing.

GDC
11/15/2010, 01:48 PM
Just to keep things in perspective, this season is one of those every 50 year or so high points for OSU, it's amusing to watch them get so excited.

osucowboy344
11/15/2010, 01:50 PM
Just to keep things in perspective, this season is one of those every 50 year or so high points for OSU, it's amusing to watch them get so excited.

Trust me none of our fans are counting on the OU game being a W. It is possible and maybe more probable than in past years. You have to admit that we have some pretty good fans to stick through the good and bad.:D

Crucifax Autumn
11/15/2010, 01:53 PM
You have to admit that we have some pretty good fans to stick through the good and bad.:D

All 27 of you. :P

EstablishedSooner1967
11/15/2010, 01:55 PM
you sure on some powerful stuff.... what in the world would make you think this.. OU has been a awful team on the road for years.. Name me some big road wins? Bowl game? Dont tell me UT either.

osucowboy344
11/15/2010, 02:00 PM
All 27 of you. :P

It is 28. Geez just like a sooner to cheat us out of fan.;)