PDA

View Full Version : NFL Rule

SoonerNate
11/15/2010, 04:14 AM
I got to thinking tonight after watching Ward being mandatorily ejected for a possible head shot.... Why not if it's a helmet to helmet shot do they mandatorily ban the player hit and not also the culprit?

Seems to me that this could set up an opportunity (even with pending fines) to nail say a QB in the Super Bowl and send him out of the game because of manditory rules? Yes, I understand there are fines but consider this. Doesn't just about every player receive a major monetary bonus for winning the Super Bowl? So why not take out say a Manning and take your chances?

I say if a player like Ward last night gets hit with a helmet that you must also eject the player that hit him sit as well.

It just seems obvious to me.

yermom
11/15/2010, 05:28 AM
huh?

oumartin
11/15/2010, 06:19 AM
I think he typed that while asleep. that made no sense.

DCsooner22
11/15/2010, 06:32 AM
huh?

This reminds me of an organic chem final in Dr. Nail's class back when I was an undergrad. I'm all about partial credit, so on the bonus question, I answered a few sentences and got something like 3/10 bonus points.

My roommate on the other hand drew out this looooong, detailed response to the question that made no sense whatsoever - similar to the original post - and Dr. Nail's response to whatever gibberish he had written was a simple, "huh? 0/10 points"

Good stuff...

CrimsonRez
11/15/2010, 07:53 AM
Vet told you to lay the Henny down when typing didn't he?

Lott's Bandana
11/15/2010, 08:23 AM
I got to thinking tonight after watching Ward being mandatorily ejected for a possible head shot.... Why not if it's a helmet to helmet shot do they mandatorily ban the player hit and not also the culprit?

Seems to me that this could set up an opportunity (even with pending fines) to nail say a QB in the Super Bowl and send him out of the game because of manditory rules? Yes, I understand there are fines but consider this. Doesn't just about every player receive a major monetary bonus for winning the Super Bowl? So why not take out say a Manning and take your chances?

I say if a player like Ward last night gets hit with a helmet that you must also eject the player that hit him sit as well.

It just seems obvious to me.

I get what you are saying. Should I be worried?

Basically have enforcers like the NHL where you send in a second-string LB to crack the other team's QB on the noggin, sending him to the bench to "recover" and eliminating him from the game. You might lose your LB but the risk/reward is worth it.

I could see Belichick doing this.

yermom
11/15/2010, 12:28 PM
it sounds like he's for or against the player that is hit in the head being ejected by rule?

Crucifax Autumn
11/15/2010, 01:55 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/4/13/128841090391768468.jpg

tcrb
11/15/2010, 01:59 PM
I feel like I just had a head-to-head after reading that post. :confused:

TUSooner
11/15/2010, 02:03 PM
Are you saying Ward was "manditorily ejected" by rule? I don't think that's exactly what happened. But the true meaning of the OP is well-nigh impenetrable. Nate, you should pay attention in English class and learn how to communicate, so other people will know WTF you're trying to say.

Leroy Lizard
11/15/2010, 05:55 PM
It's drugs.

Soonerfan88
11/15/2010, 07:49 PM
I'm scared because I actually understand what he is saying. I think he confused everyone right from the start by incorrectly saying Ward was "mandatorily ejected for a possible head shot." Because that supposition is completely wrong, the specifics of the rest isn't important but does provide a good conversation starter.

LB's plan to use a 2nd/3rd string enforcer to take out the QB/star player isn't new but we haven't really seen it used much in the modern game. I'm sure much more happens at the bottom of the pile than viewers/fans will ever know, but does anyone know of any instance in the NFL when a player was specifically targeted for injury?

Scott D
11/15/2010, 07:51 PM
wait, you people expect Nate to make sense? have you ever looked at his posting history?

mgsooner
11/15/2010, 07:54 PM
mandatorily = favourite new word

soonerbub
11/15/2010, 08:03 PM
http://plugthegulf.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/normal_CocaineRickJames.jpg