PDA

View Full Version : You can tell Pokes aren't used to being here...

Tigeman
11/14/2010, 01:53 PM
I'm laughing at the Pokes breaking out the rule book and trying to decipher it. They're all scratching their heads.

It's pretty cut and dry yet none of them can agree. Kind of reminds me of a bunch of monkey's trying to f a football!...

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=108571

XingTheRubicon
11/14/2010, 01:58 PM
They're barely smart enough to pour a bowl of cereal. The tie-breaker rules must seem like quantum physics to them.

Maybe retailers will give out simplified tie-breaker pamphlets at Wal-Mart and feed stores.

CrimsonJim
11/14/2010, 02:25 PM
Typical sheep humper mentality...instead of expecting to win out the are already preparing for alternatives.

StoopTroup
11/14/2010, 02:29 PM
Instead of making a solid factual explanation some of them say stuff like OU is eliminated based on #2. I know what a duece is and taking a #2 and things of that nature but unless those brainless sheep humpers are going to state why the hell they think #2 or 3, 4, 5....applies...they are again just a bunch of folks who's only reality will come when they see their Team didn't get to go to Dallas and represent the South. Should this be the case....that thread and I'm sure many others and even some on our own board should become quite entertaining.

picasso
11/14/2010, 03:06 PM
There was a Poke last night on The Morning Animals Facebook site trying to say that Brandon Weeden has already had a better season than Josh Heupel in 2000.
Seriously, these people have no football logic or perspective.

silverwheels
11/14/2010, 03:08 PM
I'm just impressed by the fact that the Pokes could actually read the tiebreaker rules.

3rdgensooner
11/14/2010, 03:31 PM
PISTOLS FLAMING!

Scott D
11/14/2010, 03:33 PM
There was a Poke last night on The Morning Animals Facebook site trying to say that Brandon Weeden has already had a better season than Josh Heupel in 2000.
Seriously, these people have no football logic or perspective.

you should have said that struggling to reach the Mendoza line, and having hands of stone in the field does not equate to having a better season than Heupel in 2000.

fadada1
11/14/2010, 03:42 PM
that website makes my eyes bleed.

StoopTroup
11/14/2010, 03:55 PM
I stopped outside the OU Lockeroom this year to take a pic with my Son in front of the crystal ball Josh helped win in 2000. The pokes didn't have one of those in their trophy room last time I went through there. Also...they still won't have gone undefeated at the end of this season even if hell were to freeze over....

tulsaoilerfan
11/14/2010, 04:03 PM
They're barely smart enough to pour a bowl of cereal. The tie-breaker rules must seem like quantum physics to them.

Maybe retailers will give out simplified tie-breaker pamphlets at Family Dollar and feed stores.

FIFY

MyT Oklahoma
11/14/2010, 04:12 PM
Typical sheep humper mentality...instead of expecting to win out the are already preparing for alternatives.

^^ This. Although I did enjoy watching * lose last night.

tulsaoilerfan
11/14/2010, 04:17 PM
Can u imagine how unbearable it will be around Oklahoma if the Pokes win the Big 12? God the bandwagon will be full of orange turds

soonerboy_odanorth
11/14/2010, 04:23 PM
Year of the Cowboy! Team on the rise!

stoopified
11/14/2010, 04:26 PM
I stopped outside the OU Lockeroom this year to take a pic with my Son in front of the crystal ball Josh helped win in 2000. The pokes didn't have one of those in their trophy CLOSET last time I went through there. Also...they still won't have gone undefeated at the end of this season even if hell were to freeze over.... fixed

StoopTroup
11/14/2010, 04:29 PM
Can u imagine how unbearable it will be around Oklahoma if the Pokes win the Big 12? God the bandwagon will be full of orange turds

It should help Oklahoma's economy though because Boone will probably write them another big check.

colinreturn
11/14/2010, 05:22 PM
Wait, im confused at their stupidity. Aggies already have 3 losses and that is the first tie breaker. so then its head to head vs us right? jeez.

Tigeman
11/14/2010, 05:31 PM
Wait, im confused at their stupidity. Aggies already have 3 losses and that is the first tie breaker. so then its head to head vs us right? jeez.

Ding ding ding!

But hey it gives us entertainment! :D

soonercastor
11/14/2010, 05:40 PM

It's ironic that you post this in a thread where we're bashing them for their "stupidity." TAMU has 2 conference losses, and we'll be tied with them and OSU if they win out and we win out. OOC losses don't count.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/14/2010, 05:45 PM
It's ironic that you post this in a thread where we're bashing them for their "stupidity." TAMU has 2 conference losses, and we'll be tied with them and OSU if they win out and we win out. OOC losses don't count.

yes, they do..

b. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other

Overall record. Reading is FUNduhmental!~~~!!

AlbqSooner
11/14/2010, 05:46 PM

Yep, the poor pokies will not know what to do with themselves. They will not be able to say "wait till next year".

Oh the angst!

sooner KB
11/14/2010, 05:50 PM
I know this probably won't be a popular post, but just look through and read the "south tie breaker" thread on this board. I see quite a bit of confusion over there too.

soonercastor
11/14/2010, 05:52 PM
Overall record. Reading is FUNduhmental!~~~!!

oh boy! NO, "against each other" means OSU, TAMU and OU records when they played each other, which means each team would be 1-1.

sooner ngintunr
11/14/2010, 05:54 PM
oh boy! NO, "against each other" means OSU, TAMU and OU records when they played each other, which means each team would be 1-1.

That's the way I read it as well. It's not really that clear either way IMO.

texaspokieokie
11/14/2010, 09:03 PM
I'm laughing at the Pokes breaking out the rule book and trying to decipher it. They're all scratching their heads.

It's pretty cut and dry yet none of them can agree. Kind of reminds me of a bunch of monkey's trying to f a football!...

there's a whole thread of OU folks also having a problem with it.

Always_Sooner
11/14/2010, 09:15 PM
Well even OSU fans don't know how to handle the success; because after the first 4 games most years they act like they own the world; because they haven't beaten anyone of great magnitude, but that is mediocrity at it's finest.

tulsaoilerfan
11/14/2010, 09:23 PM
What's so damn hard about the 3 way tie breaker? Highest ranked BCS team goes to the Conf title game; pretty damn simple

GottaHavePride
11/14/2010, 09:28 PM

Nope. You're the one wrong here.

Tiebreaker #1 means you take the overall records of the three teams involved and compare them.

In other words, if all three teams DON'T have identical overall records, YOU DON'T HAVE A THREE-WAY TIE and thus the tiebreaker rules become IRRELEVANT.

I also find it incredibly ironic that a thread making fun of Aggy for misunderstanding the tiebreaker rules proceeds to misunderstand the damn rules in the process.

sooner ngintunr
11/14/2010, 09:32 PM
grammar is hard.

MamaMia
11/14/2010, 09:45 PM
When this season ends with the pokes being ranked ahead of us I will not be able to function.

soonerloyal
11/14/2010, 10:06 PM

nx4UEe98EkY

Tigeman
11/14/2010, 10:08 PM
Nope. You're the one wrong here.

Tiebreaker #1 means you take the overall records of the three teams involved and compare them.

In other words, if all three teams DON'T have identical overall records, YOU DON'T HAVE A THREE-WAY TIE and thus the tiebreaker rules become IRRELEVANT.

I also find it incredibly ironic that a thread making fun of Aggy for misunderstanding the tiebreaker rules proceeds to misunderstand the damn rules in the process.

^^^ This!!!

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/4/129149002314241724.jpg

And Here I would have thought our brethren would have been smart enough not to post if they didn't understand it, and just leave it be. There's always one! UGH :(

sooner KB
11/14/2010, 10:10 PM
What's so damn hard about the 3 way tie breaker? Highest ranked BCS team goes to the Conf title game; pretty damn simple

That's not correct.

soonercastor
11/14/2010, 10:11 PM
THAT IS NOT TRUE. Their records against each other means how they performed "against EACH other," which would all put us at 1-1. Overall records don't have anything to do with this. #6 is where the overall win % (overall record) intervenes.

rekamrettuB
11/14/2010, 10:18 PM
THAT IS NOT TRUE. Their records against each other means how they performed "against EACH other," which would all put us at 1-1. Overall records don't have anything to do with this. #6 is where the overall win % (overall record) intervenes.

This. If #1 was overall record then they wouldn't have added #6. You look at the records against each other because let's say OU had beaten both the other 3 way tie teams they would go.

I know it doesn't make a lot of sense on why the overall record is lower than #1 but it doesn't really matter because most likely the BCS ranking will already take overall record into account.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/14/2010, 10:29 PM
THAT IS NOT TRUE.

Hmm, where have I heard those words before?

Are you a man?
Are you forty?
Do you think this thread is garbage? And the people who sponsor this website are garbage? [hairGel]

:D

OUEngr1990
11/14/2010, 10:30 PM
We shouldn't even discuss this. We are going and that's that. :D BOOMER!!

GottaHavePride
11/14/2010, 10:55 PM
My bad. Shows what I get for not reading the whole damn thing first.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=1546006

Divisional Champion: The (eligible) team with the best winning-percentage of all divisional members in its eight conference games is declared the divisional champion and representative to the Dr Pepper Big 12 Conference Football Championship Game. A team ineligible under NCAA or Big 12 rules for postseason (bowl) competition shall not compete in the Championship Game.

Divisional Tiebreakers: The following procedure will determine the representative from each division in the event of a tie:

If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative

If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

The records of the three teams will be compared against each other

The records of the three teams will be compared within their division

The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5 and 6)

The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.

The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative in the Big 12 Championship Game, unless two of the tied teams are ranked within one spot of the other in the BCS poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Big 12 Championship Game.

The team with the best overall winning percentage (excluding exempted games) shall be the representative.

The representative will be chosen by draw.

OK, so first rule is you have to have identical records in all conference games for it to be a tie. A&M still has to play Nebraska and Texas. Assuming one of the two is a loss, that dumps them out of a potential tie. The only tiebreaker left is head-to-head result.

If A&M manages to beat both Nebraska (at Kyle Field, so not impossible), and Texas, then head-to-head among the three is first. Assuming we beat the Pokes (and they beat Kansas), then yes, all three would be 1-1 against the other two.

Next is record in-division. In our hypothetical scenario that would be:
OSU 4-1
A&M 4-1
OU 4-1

Next would be comparing records vs. the next highest-ranked teams in the division, in order.

First, Baylor. All three beat Baylor.
Then Tech - we all beat Tech.
Then UT (ha ha!) - we all would have beat UT in this scenario.

Next tie-breaker is record vs. all common conference opponents. There are no common opponents in the north division among OU, OSU, and A&M, so this is identical to south division record. (OR: depending on how this is applied, Nebraska could be the tiebreaker. A&M and OSU both played Nebraska. A&M won, OSU lost. This COULD knock OSU out of the picture, leaving a tie between OU and A&M. In which case we lose the head-to-head tiebreaker.)

Next tiebreaker is BCS ranking, with the out that head-to-head decides if the highest two teams are within one ranking of each other. As it stands now, OSU would take the BCS tiebreaker.

GottaHavePride
11/14/2010, 10:57 PM
So, basically, if A&M wins their last two games, we're screwed even after we beat OSU. If A&M lays an egg against Nebraska all we have to do is win.

soonercastor
11/14/2010, 11:12 PM
So, basically, if A&M wins their last two games, we're screwed even after we beat OSU. If A&M lays an egg against Nebraska all we have to do is win.

yeah we don't want A&M to win out, but even in that scenario we will be highest in the BCS having won last. But I would much rather have to deal with OSU only.:D

MiccoMacey
11/14/2010, 11:17 PM
No. We're screwed if OSU loses to KU. If they win Saturday, then we win and we're in.

No way A&M jumps us after we beat OSU (which would basically negate their beating Nebraska).

sooner KB
11/14/2010, 11:30 PM

1. The way he applied rule #4 (record vs. all common conference opponents) in the bold parenthesis is probably wrong.

2. OSU might be ranked ahead of us now, but if we were to beat them we would definitely go ahead of them.

The main question now is, how exactly do you apply this "record vs. all common conference opponents" ? If it has to be common with all 3 schools, then it would come down to BCS standings.

GottaHavePride
11/14/2010, 11:33 PM
1. The way he applied rule #4 (record vs. all common conference opponents) in the bold parenthesis is probably wrong.

I know, I'm just trying to account for the possibility. Clear grammar wasn't high on their priority list when writing those tiebreakers.

texaspokieokie
11/15/2010, 08:09 AM
thread was started to point out how dumb poke fans are. now it's Sooner fans that still don't have it all figured out.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/15/2010, 09:32 AM

I guess that record vs. common opponents thing needs some interpretation. I don't see how you can eliminate a team if all three teams didn't play the same common opponent. If that's the case it's going to come down to BCS standing, in which case, we would pass losur if we beat them at thier place.

badger
11/15/2010, 09:45 AM
Laugh at the Pokes all you want - I live in Tulsa so I'm surrounded by them - but they are the only team in the South that controls their own destiny. Everyone else still in contention (including us) has to hope for a few things to happen to make it to the title game. The Pokes, on the other hand, just have to win out.

For OU to go, either the Pokes must beat Kansas or Texas A&M must lose one of their final games, in addition to us winning out.

For Texas A&M to go, they need OSU to drop the Bedl@m game (or lose both) and us to beat Baylor to force a three-way tie, in addition to them winning out. Or, OSU can lose out and they can either have the tiebreaker over or us solely (regardless of whether we beat Baylor or not) if they win out.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/15/2010, 10:47 AM
Reading really is fundamental. But writing is even more fundamental. This is written terribly. TexAgs points out how bad the "Texas rule" is worded.

quote:
Assuming us and OU win out, does #5 say that if we are only one spot behind OU in the BCS rankings, we go by virtue of head-to-head? The tiebreaker rules changed this year.

The way its written is a little sketchy. Technically lets say OU was #5, and Texas A&M and Oklahoma State were #22 and #23. The way its written makes it sound like if any of the 3 teams are within 1 spot of each other, then you just compare the highest 2, which by head-to-head would be A&M over OU (and would be a ridiculous result).

soonercastor
11/15/2010, 11:22 AM
well it says the "highest"

badger
11/15/2010, 11:28 AM
Reading really is fundamental. But writing is even more fundamental. This is written terribly. TexAgs points out how bad the "Texas rule" is worded.

1998 was about a billion years ago, give or take. You'll have to forgive Aggies' sketchy memories on what it takes to win the Big 12 South. It's been awhile since they've done it.

As for Pokes, they'll probably start a debate on who will win the Big 12 South next year after they inevitably choke. You'll have to forgive them too - they were completely irrelevant in the conference shakeup discussion and were just piggybacking on us.

Peeb
11/17/2010, 09:22 AM

SoonerSnook
11/17/2010, 11:57 AM
Berry Tramel/ (http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/2010/11/14/big-12-football-sorting-out-the-south/)

This should help everyone.

picasso
11/17/2010, 10:23 PM
I'll bookmark this thread under the heading "irony".

**** off.

Bookmark that.

And never being there DOES have to do with my observation of an idiot Poke who somehow thinks because his current QB has crazy stats, that somehow translates into the kind of season Josh Heupel had in 2000.
Go back and watch his performance at k-state that season. Go watch how he handled that blitz time after time. And this was against IMO the 2nd best team in the nation that season. Not to mention we actually went undefeated and said OU QB had to lead his team from behind more than once at College Station.

Weeden is having a great year but let's get some perspective Pokes.

Shall I bring up the Poke fans I know who actually buy hats of teams that beat OU and wear them about as if they're somehow living vicariously through said team?
How about the dooshrockets at my gym who wore the West Virginia t-shirts around a few years ago? I hoped with all my heart that they were actually WV fans and not once again fine examples of Poke knobs in full little brother hate...ah but alas, I saw one of them wearing his true oSu shirt later in the year.
Yes! Yes, you jackoffs being such unknowing football jackoffs IS relevant to the original topic of this thread.

And I'll leave with Scoot Verplank's comments last year after the Pokes beat Georgia in their opener. He couldn't even talk about it on national TV without mentioning the fact that OU lost to BYU!

That's it in a nutshell you pathetic wannabes.

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 01:43 AM
**** off.

Bookmark that.

And never being there DOES have to do with my observation of an idiot Poke who somehow thinks because his current QB has crazy stats, that somehow translates into the kind of season Josh Heupel had in 2000.
Go back and watch his performance at k-state that season. Go watch how he handled that blitz time after time. And this was against IMO the 2nd best team in the nation that season. Not to mention we actually went undefeated and said OU QB had to lead his team from behind more than once at College Station.

Weeden is having a great year but let's get some perspective Pokes.

Shall I bring up the Poke fans I know who actually buy hats of teams that beat OU and wear them about as if they're somehow living vicariously through said team?
How about the dooshrockets at my gym who wore the West Virginia t-shirts around a few years ago? I hoped with all my heart that they were actually WV fans and not once again fine examples of Poke knobs in full little brother hate...ah but alas, I saw one of them wearing his true oSu shirt later in the year.
Yes! Yes, you jackoffs being such unknowing football jackoffs IS relevant to the original topic of this thread.

And I'll leave with Scoot Verplank's comments last year after the Pokes beat Georgia in their opener. He couldn't even talk about it on national TV without mentioning the fact that OU lost to BYU!

That's it in a nutshell you pathetic wannabes.

What if they were actually fans of the school. Like did their undergrad at WV then masters at OSU or vice versa as I actually know a couple people that did that.

Or if they were already fans of said school. Some poeple have more than 1 favorite team. I always liked WV when they had Pat White and Steve Slaton, now Noel Devine but that would probably translate to me liking specific players and not teams.

I know of people that went and got LSU hats after you lost in the 'ship to them, but just because a select few does that doesn't mean that it's the entire fanbase, nor should it represent the entire fanbase. Or maybe I'm just in the minority here as I have family ties to OU and I pull for them 12 games out of the year

Tigeman
11/18/2010, 01:52 AM
You can like watching a team, but you can only have one team who's gear you wear ....that's the rule! :P

For instance, I like watching Bama play, and FSU.... but you'll only catch me wearing OU gear :D

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 01:56 AM
You can like watching a team, but you can only have one team who's gear you wear ....that's the rule! :P

For instance, I like watching Bama play, and FSU.... but you'll only catch me wearing OU gear :D

I see I see. I only have OSU gear in my house, except for a WV shoe bag which my sister got me when she was visiting the campus there. But I agree about only having 1 team's gear but being a fan of multiple teams

picasso
11/18/2010, 10:02 AM
What if they were actually fans of the school. Like did their undergrad at WV then masters at OSU or vice versa as I actually know a couple people that did that.

Or if they were already fans of said school. Some poeple have more than 1 favorite team. I always liked WV when they had Pat White and Steve Slaton, now Noel Devine but that would probably translate to me liking specific players and not teams.

I know of people that went and got LSU hats after you lost in the 'ship to them, but just because a select few does that doesn't mean that it's the entire fanbase, nor should it represent the entire fanbase. Or maybe I'm just in the minority here as I have family ties to OU and I pull for them 12 games out of the year

Hey man, I'm very good friends with oSu folks, been my golfing buddies for years. One is the older brother of Mack Butler. We've been on tours of the oSu facilities, my wife went to grad school there. One of my sisters went to school there. Folks I grew up with have a dorm named after them there, yada yada...
My point is that some of your fan base is so eaten up with just hating OU that they can't seem to focus on anything else.
I don't know any Sooner fans in China who would go out and buy the hat of a team that's beaten oSu, unless you count an OU hat.:)
And there's no way the guy I'm talking about at the gym has ever even been ti West Virginia.

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 10:11 AM
Hey man, I'm very good friends with oSu folks, been my golfing buddies for years. One is the older brother of Mack Butler. We've been on tours of the oSu facilities, my wife went to grad school there. One of my sisters went to school there. Folks I grew up with have a dorm named after them there, yada yada...
My point is that some of your fan base is so eaten up with just hating OU that they can't seem to focus on anything else.
I don't know any Sooner fans in China who would go out and buy the hat of a team that's beaten oSu, unless you count an OU hat.:)
And there's no way the guy I'm talking about at the gym has ever even been ti West Virginia.

I see what you're saying as I know people that have done it. I'm just saying that it doesn't represent the entire fanbase. Every fanbase has bad apples but those select few shouldn't determine your opinion of the whole. Again I could just be in the minority here where I'm coming from

KantoSooner
11/18/2010, 10:17 AM
Fight the good fight Cowboy. You seem rational. Looks like a good game this year, presuming neither team decides to pull the disappearing acts that both are capable of.

misplacedsooner
11/18/2010, 02:28 PM
you are correct, every team does have bad apples. living in stillwater i can attest that when you do well the bad apples come out in droves and their mouths dont stop...these are fans that you never see or hear in a normal poke season and all of a sudden they know it all.

soonerchk
11/18/2010, 02:47 PM
Tell them to make a banner and fly it over Waco, just to be on the safe side.

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 02:52 PM
Tell them to make a banner and fly it over Waco, just to be on the safe side.

Ok, so I've heard all the jokes and the stories. The only thing I don't know is where they flew the banner. I've seen Texas fans joke about it even but no one ever told me where the banner was flown. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

soonerchk
11/18/2010, 02:59 PM
Ok, so I've heard all the jokes and the stories. The only thing I don't know is where they flew the banner. I've seen Texas fans joke about it even but no one ever told me where the banner was flown. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

Seriously? Dude, they flew it over Stillwater before the OU/Osu game.
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27958066/

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 03:08 PM

Damn. Definitely don't remember seeing it. I was first row there too. Even got in SI's photo of the year thanks to Sam. Thanks for the info though

badger
11/18/2010, 03:19 PM
Cowboy - you might not have seen it if you missed that morning's ESPN College Gameday show, which is when I think it made its rounds of your fair Stilly skies. I'm sure there were some UT fans there with 45-35 signs as well :rolleyes:

Please promise me that if we're ever in that situation that you all will remember your Oklahoma roots and not turn all whorn :mack:

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 03:22 PM
Cowboy - you might not have seen it if you missed that morning's ESPN College Gameday show, which is when I think it made its rounds of your fair Stilly skies. I'm sure there were some UT fans there with 45-35 signs as well :rolleyes:

Please promise me that if we're ever in that situation that you all will remember your Oklahoma roots and not turn all whorn :mack:

I was at Gameday that morning. Man that was a cold day that I'll never forget. You don't have to worry about me doing that ;)

MeMyself&Me
11/18/2010, 03:41 PM
I see what you're saying as I know people that have done it. I'm just saying that it doesn't represent the entire fanbase. Every fanbase has bad apples but those select few shouldn't determine your opinion of the whole. Again I could just be in the minority here where I'm coming from

You are in the minority. The description given about osu fans fits every poke fan I know except 2... and that's counting you. I used to rout for OSU as a second team (cause it's an Oklahoma school) until i got around some OSU fans and learned what it meant to be a poke. Their hatred for OU is greater than their love of OSU.

auto
11/18/2010, 04:02 PM
You are in the minority. Their hatred for OU is greater than their love of OSU.

So true.

47straight
11/18/2010, 04:17 PM
Welcome MRW.

CowboyMRW
11/18/2010, 04:24 PM
So true.

I really don't think that is true. I know of a lot of OSU fans, as I do go to school up here, that don't think that way. COuld times be changing? Obviously the general consensus is that hate for OU wins overshadows the love for OSU but do you mostly get that with the 40 yr old and up crowd and not the younger crowd

texaspokieokie
11/18/2010, 04:30 PM
the "over 40" crowd has mellowed, somewhat.

osucowboy344
11/18/2010, 04:35 PM
You are in the minority. The description given about osu fans fits every poke fan I know except 2... and that's counting you. I used to rout for OSU as a second team (cause it's an Oklahoma school) until i got around some OSU fans and learned what it meant to be a poke. Their hatred for OU is greater than their love of OSU.

I agree that some OSU fans are that way and usually its during the seasons where we are sucking. Honestly, I cheered for OU a few times. One of those times was when OU was playing the bugger eater from missouri.......chase daniels. Typically, I am indifferent toward what happens with OU unless it benefits OSU in some way.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/18/2010, 04:39 PM
the "over 40" crowd has mellowed, somewhat.

Obvi. That's when they become men...

fdubzou
11/18/2010, 05:03 PM
Reminds me of the scene in Office Space where they have to look up money laundering in the dictionary.

badger
11/18/2010, 06:04 PM
OSU should let OU win. OSU is used to losing, whereas OU is not. It would just work out best for everyone to not drift from the status quo.

osucowboy344
11/18/2010, 06:06 PM
OSU should let OU win. OSU is used to losing, whereas OU is not. It would just work out best for everyone to not drift from the status quo.

Yea, OSU should not try to win the big 12 because it makes their little brother from the south upset.:pop:

badger
11/18/2010, 06:20 PM
Btw, congratulations on upgrading your travel accommodations this weekend from bus to plane!

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20101118_93_0_Becaus678634)

Yes, you read that correctly - your Big 12 South leading team was going to be bussed to Kansas till your oil tycoon saved you. :D:D:D:D:D:D

osucowboy344
11/18/2010, 06:23 PM
Btw, congratulations on upgrading your travel accommodations this weekend from bus to plane!

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20101118_93_0_Becaus678634)

Yes, you read that correctly - your Big 12 South leading team was going to be bussed to Kansas till your oil tycoon saved you. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Kansas is not that far way. It does not really matter.....and I am sure it was more of a kind gesture. ;)

badger
11/18/2010, 06:25 PM
Kansas is not that far way. It does not really matter.....and I am sure it was more of a kind gesture. ;)

Odd, I am picturing the Cleveland Indian plane and bus from the "Major League" movie when I'm thinking of Poke football travel accommodations now :P

CrimsonRez
11/18/2010, 06:39 PM
You're damn right big brother would be upset!!! buncha cheaters!!!! big orange cheaters, who work in wal-mart, and live in trailer houses!!!!!

osucowboy344
11/18/2010, 06:43 PM
You're damn right big brother would be upset!!! buncha cheaters!!!! big orange cheaters, who work in wal-mart, and live in trailer houses!!!!!

Your big orange brothers don't own trailers. We are more worried about the excessive amount of mullets approaching Stillwater and the lack of Walmarts to temporarily employ them.:D ;)

jumperstop
11/18/2010, 06:54 PM
Your big orange brothers don't own trailers. We are more worried about the excessive amount of mullets approaching Stillwater and the lack of Walmarts to temporarily employ them.:D ;)

My gf goes to OSU and lives in Stillwater. I've been to Walmarts up there multiple times and those OSU fans seem to like Walmart just as much as the next person. I really don't get all the Walmart, Trailer, Mullet, Redneck, No tv having, jokes from both OSU and Saxet....Just seems a bit hypocritical...

osucowboy344
11/18/2010, 07:02 PM
My gf goes to OSU and lives in Stillwater. I've been to Walmarts up there multiple times and those OSU fans seem to like Walmart just as much as the next person. I really don't get all the Walmart, Trailer, Mullet, Redneck, No tv having, jokes from both OSU and Saxet....Just seems a bit hypocritical...

I don't think anyone thinks the OU alumni are these type of people. We like to poke fun at your mullet fans and we know thats why you fill your stadium to around 90k. :D ;)

reflector
11/19/2010, 01:56 AM

Chk is tough.

Peeb
11/19/2010, 09:40 AM

CrimsonRez
11/19/2010, 09:57 AM

Actually I looked it up and for the trailer park point, Stillwater has ten trailer parks, Norman has ten trailer parks, however; Norman has over double the population of Stillwater. Just thought I'd put the trailer park mullet theory to rest for you. Anything else?

picasso
11/19/2010, 11:08 AM
If the Pokes can consistently field teams good enough to cheer for, then the general public will start to pull for them and the OSU fans will need to drop the elitist "we're better cuz we're alums of our college team" BS. We'll see....

That's the part that gets me. Yes, the many of their fans are grads or at least attended oSu but I know just as many that did not.
This is a myth simply because they don't have as large of a base.

It's hard to compete against decades and decades of winning and being the school/program that put the state on the map.

badger
11/19/2010, 11:09 AM
I don't think anyone thinks the OU alumni are these type of people. We like to poke fun at your mullet fans and we know thats why you fill your stadium to around 90k. :D ;)

Mullets keep your neck warmer and aren't as embarrassing as Snuggies.
http://i51.tinypic.com/k34nt5.jpg

soonerchk
11/19/2010, 11:58 AM

Get better teams consistently and you too can fill your stadium.

jumperstop
11/19/2010, 12:03 PM
Actually I looked it up and for the trailer park point, Stillwater has ten trailer parks, Norman has ten trailer parks, however; Norman has over double the population of Stillwater. Just thought I'd put the trailer park mullet theory to rest for you. Anything else?

A lot of those trailer parks in Norman are full of Mexicans too. We all know those guys are Saxet fans anyways...:D

badger
11/19/2010, 12:07 PM
I'm gonna just drop this here:
http://www.soonerguys.com/photos/osu-trooper.jpg

soonerchk
11/19/2010, 12:14 PM
You know what's cute to me? The osu people all think getting to the top is the easy part. Talk to me in 5 years and lets see if they are still contenders. I will guarantee that OU still will be.

misplacedsooner
11/19/2010, 12:28 PM

actually i live here and stillwater has more than 10 trailer parks, i can think of easily double that number and there are probably more.... then there is 40 north apartments, southern heights, and the ville.