19 Nevada 9-1 412 21
20 USC 7-3 310 NR
21 Iowa 7-3 251 13
22 Mississippi State 7-3 222 17
23 Arizona 7-3 156 18
24 Miami (FL) 7-3 107 NR
25 Utah 8-2 105 15

Dropped from rankings: Florida 24, UCF 25
Others receiving votes: Northwestern 99, Florida State 69, North Carolina State 38, Northern Illinois 37, San Diego State 32, Temple 9, Michigan 4, Tulsa 2, Syracuse 2, Maryland 1, Delaware 1

TCU is out of contention if Boise State beats Nevada in two weeks. Its kind of messed up but oh well.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 01:22 PM
So Texas A&M beats unranked Baylor team...and moves up 6 spots?

Geez, I guess the media has to show some love for a Texass team!

mgsooner
11/14/2010, 01:22 PM
Pretty sad that TCU gets punished for narrowly beating a solid San Diego St team that beat Air Force and had Missouri beaten in Columbia.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 01:24 PM
Pretty sad that TCU gets punished for narrowly beating a solid San Diego St team that beat Air Force and had Missouri beaten in Columbia.

Or did they reward Boise State for beating a ****ty Idaho team?

Widescreen
11/14/2010, 01:25 PM
Hooray! We're the top non-SEC 2-loss team. :D

AlboSooner
11/14/2010, 01:44 PM
I think TCU got punished for Utah losing big at Notre Dame. OU is ranked about right in the coaches poll.

MiccoMacey
11/14/2010, 01:52 PM
So Texas A&M beats unranked Baylor team...and moves up 6 spots?

Geez, I guess the media has to show some love for a Texass team!

Texas A&M beat us, and they're still ranked below us...I can't really argue about where they decided to put them.

And I know, I know...body of work and all that. Still, they lost to three pretty good teams.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 01:53 PM
Texas A&M beat us, and they're still ranked below us...I can't really argue about where they decided to put them.

And I know, I know...body of work and all that. Still, they lost to three pretty good teams.

I can...because it is simple. A&M is 7-3 while OU is 8-2.

Not hard to comprehend to be honest.

BoulderSooner79
11/14/2010, 02:01 PM
I think TCU got punished for Utah losing big at Notre Dame. OU is ranked about right in the coaches poll.

^This. They got too much credit for Utah last week, and some of that got taken away.

Okie35
11/14/2010, 02:06 PM

That and the SDSU game being close. TCU might not even get a BCS at large bid if Boise stays ahead of them.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 02:21 PM
That and the SDSU game being close. TCU might not even get an BSC at large bid if Boise stays ahead of them.

I don't think it will hurt them at all.

Last year, there were 2 of them (Both BSU and TCU).

This year, if both are undefeated, then yes they will be in a BCS Bowl.

BCS Title Game: #1 vs. #2
Fiesta Bowl: Big 12 #1 vs.
Sugar Bowl: SEC #1 vs.
Rose Bowl: Big 10 #1 vs. PAC-10 #1
Orange Bowl: ACC #1 vs.

How it is now, The Rose will lose the PAC-10 #1 and the Sugar will lose the SEC #1.

Opening up those two spots.

So here is an example:

BCS Title Game: #1 Oregon vs. #2 Auburn
Fiesta Bowl Oklahoma vs. Pittsburgh
Sugar Bowl: Boise State vs. TCU
Rose Bowl: Michigan State vs. Stanford
Orange Bowl: Florida State vs. LSU

Or something like this:

Fiesta Bowl Oklahoma vs. Boise State
Sugar Bowl: LSU vs. TCU
Orange Bowl: Florida State vs. Pittsburgh

silverwheels
11/14/2010, 02:25 PM
The lower-ranked non-AQ team is not guaranteed to get into a BCS bowl this year. Technically, the BCS only has to take one of them.

But I think both will go, anyway.

soonerinkaty
11/14/2010, 02:26 PM
Or something like this:

I want this.

silverwheels
11/14/2010, 02:28 PM
So here is an example:

Fiesta Bowl Oklahoma vs. Pittsburgh
Sugar Bowl: Boise State vs. TCU
Orange Bowl: Florida State vs. LSU

Or something like this:

Nope, the Rose Bowl will have to take the highest non-AQ team if they lose Oregon to the title game and no non-AQ team is in the title game.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 02:29 PM
The lower-ranked non-AQ team is not guaranteed to get into a BCS bowl this year. Technically, the BCS only has to take one of them.

But I think both will go, anyway.

Correct...but if they are two of the 4 undefeated teams in the nation....it would only make the cry for a play off that much more louder if both are not included.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 02:36 PM
Nope, the Rose Bowl will have to take the highest non-AQ team if they lose Oregon to the title game and no non-AQ team is in the title game.

When did they switch this? If that is the case then:

BCS TG:#1 Oregon vs. #2 Auburn
Fiesta: Oklahoma vs. Pittsburgh
Rose: Michigan State vs. Boise State
Sugar: LSU vs. TCU
Orange: Florida State vs. Stanford

silverwheels
11/14/2010, 02:39 PM

It applies to this season for some reason. And I think the Sugar might be more inclined to pick a Wisconsin or Ohio State over TCU (or maybe even Boise) if both of those teams finish with only one loss. Maybe Michigan State, too, if they don't end up in the Rose Bowl but still have only one loss.

StoopTroup
11/14/2010, 02:39 PM
Boise should get hurt for playing in an aircraft hangar.

Okie35
11/14/2010, 02:49 PM

The Sugar would take Wisconsin or Ohio State over TCU.

It applies to this season for some reason. And I think the Sugar might be more inclined to pick a Wisconsin or Ohio State over TCU (or maybe even Boise) if both of those teams finish with only one loss. Maybe Michigan State, too, if they don't end up in the Rose Bowl but still have only one loss.

Yea and Michigan State will be in the Rose Bowl. iIf they win out they will win the Big Ten. They already beat Wisconsin and have two weak teams left. Their schedule was pretty easy. They only had 4 away games. They have Purdue and... well the game @ Penn State might be tough.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 02:51 PM

Not if they took LSU as well.

They want LSU to have what appears to be a certain win for their beloved Bayou Tiggers.

They may not even get LSU, but if they do, do not be at all surprised if TCU is there before Wisconsin or Ohio State.

silverwheels
11/14/2010, 02:54 PM

Yea and Michigan State will be in the Rose Bowl. iIf they win out they will win the Big Ten. They already beat Wisconsin and have two weak teams left. Their schedule was pretty easy. They have Purdue and... well the game @ Penn State might be tough.

But if there's a 3-way tie at the top of the Big Ten standings, BCS decides the Rose Bowl participant if head-to-head can't (MSU beat Wisconsin, who beat Ohio State, and MSU and tOSU don't play). Wisconsin has the edge there as of right now, but that could change.

Not if they took LSU as well.

They want LSU to have what appears to be a certain win for their beloved Bayou Tiggers.

They may not even get LSU, but if they do, do not be at all surprised if TCU is there before Wisconsin or Ohio State.

They want as many fans as possible so they can fill the seats and make as much money as possible. TCU doesn't have as many fans as Wisconsin or Ohio State. And to be honest, LSU might have a better chance of beating Wisconsin or Ohio State than TCU.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 02:58 PM
But if there's a 3-way tie at the top of the Big Ten standings, BCS decides the Rose Bowl participant if head-to-head can't (MSU beat Wisconsin, who beat Ohio State, and MSU and tOSU don't play). Wisconsin has the edge there as of right now, but that could change.

They want as many fans as possible so they can fill the seats and make as much money as possible. TCU doesn't have as many fans as Wisconsin or Ohio State. And to be honest, LSU might have a better chance of beating Wisconsin or Ohio State than TCU.

that is why you get LSU! They will sell out with LSU there, no matter who they are playing.

The fans showing up when LSU is at the sugar bowl is not the problem, and the Sugar Bowl Committee knows that.

StoopTroup
11/14/2010, 02:58 PM
I thought the bowls liked TV ratings over the amount or quality of the fan base?

I could see why LSU fans would like playing in the Sugar....they would be able to alligator crawl their drunk asses down there and back Home in the same day.

silverwheels
11/14/2010, 03:00 PM
that is why you get LSU! They will sell out with LSU there, no matter who they are playing.

The fans showing up when LSU is at the sugar bowl is not the problem, and the Sugar Bowl Committee knows that.

It would still be the better financial decision to take Wisconsin or Ohio State over TCU.

I thought the bowls liked TV ratings over the amount or quality of the fan base?

If that were true, we wouldn't have gotten BSU-TCU last year.

Knippz
11/14/2010, 03:06 PM
We still have to beat little sister at her house, and Nebbish in the conference championship. Although I expect us to do this, it is premature to assume we get into the Fiesta bowl.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 03:07 PM
It would still be the better financial decision to take Wisconsin or Ohio State over TCU.

If that were true, we wouldn't have gotten BSU-TCU last year.

How is bringing TCU worse than OSU or Wisconsin? Seriously?

Almost all the Saints season ticket holders will keep their tickets. Then most of the remaining tickets will be bought by LSU fans anyway.

The bowl will still get the same money generated in ticket prices and concessions. They will still get millions of TV viewers. Ohio State would add more viewers, true. But it would not mean much more than what will already be watching the game anyway.

Does the appeal of an OSU and LSU game look better? Yes, but TCU vs. LSU will also generate a lot of money...if you do not think so, then just go look at the Fiesta Bowl played in Jan. 2007 when OU played Boise State. that game was well watched and sold out, and neither team was considered a true home team.

silverwheels
11/14/2010, 03:11 PM
Again, I'm not saying that LSU-TCU wouldn't be a good game or wouldn't generate good TV ratings and a decent amount of revenue. LSU-OSU or LSU-Wisconsin would most likely generate more revenue. And you said that the Sugar Bowl would want an easy win for LSU in their home stadium...well, TCU might be a tougher task than either the Buckeyes or Badgers.

MiccoMacey
11/14/2010, 03:23 PM
I can...because it is simple. A&M is 7-3 while OU is 8-2.

Not hard to comprehend to be honest.

I know...that's why I prefaced it with the "body of work" comment.

I also know rankings are usually simplistic...Team "A" has a better record than Team "B", they almost automatically are ranked ahead. Yes, it's simple...but it's also one of the things people gripe about the most when it comes to rankings. No real thought put into it.

But A&M lost to the #10, 13, and 16 teams. And they have a win over the #14 team.

We lost to the #16 and 19 teams. And we haven't beaten anyone that's ranked.

In other words, they're being "punished" for playing a more difficult schedule.

I'm just saying..I can see them being ranked ahead of us just as easy as I can see us ranked ahead of them.

That's not really hard to comprehend either.

Scott D
11/14/2010, 03:27 PM
Wisconsin and Ohio State both have bigger fan bases that have proven in the past that they will travel. That trumps TCU or especially Boise every time.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 03:37 PM
I know...that's why I prefaced it with the "body of work" comment.

I also know rankings are usually simplistic...Team "A" has a better record than Team "B", they almost automatically are ranked ahead. Yes, it's simple...but it's also one of the things people gripe about the most when it comes to rankings. No real thought put into it.

But A&M lost to the #10, 13, and 16 teams. And they have a win over the #14 team.

We lost to the #16 and 19 teams. And we haven't beaten anyone that's ranked.

In other words, they're being "punished" for playing a more difficult schedule.

I'm just saying..I can see them being ranked ahead of us just as easy as I can see us ranked ahead of them.

That's not really hard to comprehend either.

Ummm...yeaa...they haven't played a tougher schedule.

As of Nov. 7th (this last weekend's schedule ranks are not out as of yet):
Massey Rating: OU #18 A&M #26
Sagarin Rating: OU #24 A&M #18
Colley Matrix: OU #24 A&M #26
Anderson & Hester: OU #15 A&M 21

So one of the four BCScomputer rankings with schedule rankings has A&M with a better schedule. Yeah, your opinion in saying that A&M is getting punished for playing a tougher schedule just doesn't hold much water, if any at all.

the best argument you can even say is that the schedules between OU and A&M are comparable.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 03:39 PM
Wisconsin and Ohio State both have bigger fan bases that have proven in the past that they will travel. That trumps TCU or especially Boise every time.

So that means they must exclude a higher ranked team for some team that travels decent?

Seems fair doesn't it?

If both Boise State and TCU are undefeated, they will be in a BCS Bowl game.

Scott D
11/14/2010, 03:41 PM
So that means they must exclude a higher ranked team for some team that travels decent?

Seems fair doesn't it?

It's not about what is fair. But it is a very distinct possibility that one of those two teams will be left out. Bowls are about money, plain and simple. Neither TCU or especially Boise is going to bring that guaranteed money the way that a Big 10 or Pac 10 school would.

silverwheels
11/14/2010, 03:43 PM

Seems fair doesn't it?

LOL.

Since when does fairness have anything to do with the BCS? Or college football in general, for that matter. Also, just because TCU and Boise are ranked higher than tOSU or Wisconsin, it doesn't mean they both have to be chosen by any of the BCS bowls unless one of them gets into the title game against Oregon. If Notre Dame were #12 (or whatever their minimum ranking is), you can bet they'd be picked over TCU or Boise. Why? Money.

Scott D
11/14/2010, 03:44 PM
This should also be pointed out as a reminder.

The BCS's goal is to match #1 v #2. That is it, they don't have to do squat for #3 or #4.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 03:46 PM
LOL.

Since when does fairness have anything to do with the BCS? Or college football in general, for that matter. Also, just because TCU and Boise are ranked higher than tOSU or Wisconsin, it doesn't mean they both have to be chosen by any of the BCS bowls unless one of them gets into the title game against Oregon. If Notre Dame were #12 (or whatever their minimum ranking is), you can bet they'd be picked over TCU or Boise. Why? Money.

I know it is not about being fair...it is money...and that is exactly what the problem is and why the BCS needs to be abolished.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 03:47 PM
This should also be pointed out as a reminder.

The BCS's goal is to match #1 v #2. That is it, they don't have to do squat for #3 or #4.

And mybe they should since this year, there appears to be 4 teams headed to undefeated ranks.

I say if you are undefeated, you get an auto bid.

The biggest problem with the BCS Set up is, it is geared for money generation not the product on the field.

Scott D
11/14/2010, 03:54 PM
And mybe they should since this year, there appears to be 4 teams headed to undefeated ranks.

I say if you are undefeated, you get an auto bid.

The biggest problem with the BCS Set up is, it is geared for money generation not the product on the field.

*shrug* I for one would like to see Boise play where they belong. In the Humanitarian Bowl against a MAC school that doesn't want to be there.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 04:10 PM
*shrug* I for one would like to see Boise play where they belong. In the Humanitarian Bowl against a MAC school that doesn't want to be there.

I dont mind seeing them play in the BCS Bowl games.

Overall, I think it is good for the sport to see the mid major teams kicking ***.

But then again, I am Pro-Playoff!

stoopified
11/14/2010, 04:16 PM
Hooray! We're the top non-SEC 2-loss team. :D :D

AlbqSooner
11/14/2010, 05:54 PM

Interestingly Oregon did NOT get punished for having to rely on a field goal kicker false start penalty to take the winning field goal off the board for a very schizoid Cal team.:confused:

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/14/2010, 08:21 PM

And for having a blue field.

OUthunder
11/14/2010, 08:22 PM
ESPN and the media luv the Pac 10.

MiccoMacey
11/14/2010, 10:22 PM
Ummm...yeaa...they haven't played a tougher schedule.

As of Nov. 7th (this last weekend's schedule ranks are not out as of yet):
Massey Rating: OU #18 A&M #26
Sagarin Rating: OU #24 A&M #18
Colley Matrix: OU #24 A&M #26
Anderson & Hester: OU #15 A&M 21

So one of the four BCScomputer rankings with schedule rankings has A&M with a better schedule. Yeah, your opinion in saying that A&M is getting punished for playing a tougher schedule just doesn't hold much water, if any at all.

the best argument you can even say is that the schedules between OU and A&M are comparable.

We had this exact same argument with Texas folk back in 2008.

Team A plays the #1,2,3,118,119,120 teams in the country. Average SOS = 60.5

Team B plays the #58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 teams in the country. Average SOS = 60.5

However, most would say Team A had the tougher schedule because they played the three toughest opponents.

My main point being that I think while A&M has played bigger patsies than we have, they've also played one tougher team than we have (Arkansas). That's the main difference between their record and ours. Florida State is our one big win, and they're not ranked at 7-3 (although they are receiving votes).

It's not a big deal either way...just trying to clarify myself. The polls will rank whom they want where they want without input from you on me.

85sooners
11/15/2010, 12:40 PM

:D kibbie dome:D :D :D :D

Scott D
11/15/2010, 05:15 PM
FWIW as current BCS rankings sit, Boise State would be bumped from a BCS bowl by none other than the Pokes.

I probably should have mentioned before 75, the other flaw in your argument is that as I stated before the BCS is set up just to pit #1 v #2. The rest of those bowls get to do their thing on their own, so your beef isn't with the BCS, it's with the Bowl Committees that are going to do what they view as being the best for them financially, and well...Boise State isn't it. The rest of them saw what financial impact the match up in the Fiesta Bowl had in the overall picture in terms of revenue last year.

MiccoMacey
11/16/2010, 05:53 AM
FWIW as current BCS rankings sit, Boise State would be bumped from a BCS bowl by none other than the Pokes.

I probably should have mentioned before 75, the other flaw in your argument is that as I stated before...

So,,,you should have mentioned it...or you did mention it. Which is it?

:D

Scott D
11/16/2010, 06:38 AM
I mentioned the #1 v #2 part, I neglected to emphasize that the other bowls can openly select whoever they want within the confines of the rules which means that only one of them will select a Non-AQ team because the revenue isn't there as the Fiesta Bowl last year showed.