PDA

View Full Version : The first two plays of our losses this year...

itsok
11/14/2010, 12:59 PM
The KO TD return at MU and the snap over jones head at A&M i think put us in really bad positions at games away from Norman with a relatively young team. Im optimistic that if we dont make those kinds of mistakes at waco and stoolwater, we can beat those teams on the road.
just a thought

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 01:02 PM
That snap over the head at A&M did not lose the game for us.

I would say 3 failed goal lines lost that game.

itsok
11/14/2010, 01:04 PM
agree, we could have won both games...Im refering to putting a young team in a bad position right off the bat...hopefully, i wont happen again in the next two weeks

ouwasp
11/14/2010, 01:28 PM
gotta admit, I turned the TV off after each of those fateful plays. Gonna play like crap from the get-go, I'm not gonna watch. Not good for my mental health.

Now, I'm going to the game at Waco. So I will be "captive". Hope my mental health is still intact later on... :O

mightysooner
11/14/2010, 02:54 PM
For us to beat those clowns in Stillwater, our defense will have to dial up it's best performance of the season.

OUthunder
11/14/2010, 02:57 PM
gotta admit, I turned the TV off after each of those fateful plays. Gonna play like crap from the get-go, I'm not gonna watch. Not good for my mental health.

Now, I'm going to the game at Waco. So I will be "captive". Hope my mental health is still intact later on... :O

So what you're trying to say, is that you're pretty much a bandwagon fan. Ya know, the kind that watches the game when everything is peaces and cream, but when we lose a game or two, the $60 Nike coaches polo goes back into the closet until next season.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 03:02 PM
agree, we could have won both games...Im refering to putting a young team in a bad position right off the bat...hopefully, i wont happen again in the next two weeks

Putting any team, no matter how experiencesd, in a bad position is a bad thing.

Our coaches did not put OU in bad position in the snap over the head or the KO return.

That is on our players...however what lost our game against A&M was the play calling on 10 of 12 plays inside the 10 yard line and 7 of 8 plays inside the 5 yard line.

3 times we faild to get points from inside the 10 yard line. and that was mainly due to the fact that our coaches decided to play the same play every play...up the gut...up the gut.

We score at least 2 times in those position, we win that game.

Against Missouri, we just flat out played poorly.

ouwasp
11/14/2010, 03:03 PM
No, I'm a Sooner fan. Just not going to watch crappy football and get all upset about it. A close, hard-fought game is one thing. Playing like **** is another.

If I were merely a bandwagon fan I wouldn't bother going all the way to Waco. And I don't own any 60$ polos. Of any sort.

Okie35
11/14/2010, 04:17 PM
[captain obvious]Not having fast starts and when we came back not being able to finish are what killed us on the road[/captain obvious]

meoveryouxinfinity
11/14/2010, 04:40 PM
For us to beat those clowns in Stillwater, our defense will have to dial up it's best performance of the season.

Exactly. Our defense is slightly better than Texas's. Meaning we sometimes wrap up and tackle where as Texas never does.

soonercastor
11/14/2010, 04:57 PM
The thing is these always come outta nowhere. You're still getting ready to watch some football and getting all excited then BAM that shee happens, and then you remember oh yeah that's right we're on the road. Anyway, we need to score first, if we do that we win.

oumartin
11/14/2010, 07:17 PM
IMO, If the block in the back gets called on the Opening kickoff of the Missouri game then the Sooners are still undefeated to this day. T. Lewis was in position to make the tackle and gets taken out with an obvious illegal block that sprung the return.

I feel that took the wind out of OU right off the bat. Coaches and players alike puckered up and went into the fetal position immediately. The thought of the road woes creeping into their minds and whatdoyaknow it happened.

Had they won at Mizzou the team is confident in their ability to beat a good team on the road and they go down to College Station unafraid. However losing to Mizzou put it in their mind the issues.

So, what happens. They come out tight at Texas A/M and it happens again and they go into the fetal position again. It's a mental thing with both coaches and the players right now

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 07:20 PM
If our players get rattled and can be taken down by a return kick off, then we have major issues of character on our team!

C&CDean
11/14/2010, 07:25 PM
IMO, If the block in the back gets called on the Opening kickoff of the Missouri game then the Sooners are still undefeated to this day. T. Lewis was in position to make the tackle and gets taken out with an obvious illegal block that sprung the return.

I feel that took the wind out of OU right off the bat. Coaches and players alike puckered up and went into the fetal position immediately. The thought of the road woes creeping into their minds and whatdoyaknow it happened.

Had they won at Mizzou the team is confident in their ability to beat a good team on the road and they go down to College Station unafraid. However losing to Mizzou put it in their mind the issues.

So, what happens. They come out tight at Texas A/M and it happens again and they go into the fetal position again. It's a mental thing with both coaches and the players right now

Wow. A reasonable post from the resident Stoops/Wilson/Venables hater.

If you'll take the time to watch the games again (you too brother 75) you'll see that missed assignments, blocks, dropped passes, poor tackling, and yes, a couple of plays called inside the 5 (even though we're ****ing Oklahoma and we should be able to run it up anybody's *** for a couple yards in 4 plays - 3 ****ing times) and let's not forget Landry forgetting he's on the football field and not in the pulpit is what lost us those 2 games.

How about we just win at Waco, then go stomp the ever-loving dog**** outta the ipaca ****ers in Stoolwater? Works for me.

oumartin
11/14/2010, 07:28 PM
I dont hate Stoops or wilson. Never said that. Dang sure never said it about Stoops. He's just too dang loyal to players and coaches alike.

I won't argue about Venables.

tulsaoilerfan
11/14/2010, 09:26 PM
Putting any team, no matter how experiencesd, in a bad position is a bad thing.

Our coaches did not put OU in bad position in the snap over the head or the KO return.

That is on our players...however what lost our game against A&M was the play calling on 10 of 12 plays inside the 10 yard line and 7 of 8 plays inside the 5 yard line.

3 times we faild to get points from inside the 10 yard line. and that was mainly due to the fact that our coaches decided to play the same play every play...up the gut...up the gut.

We score at least 2 times in those position, we win that game.

Against Missouri, we just flat out played poorly.

Well maybe when ur on the road and the first play is inside ur own 10 you should put the QB up under center instead of the shotgun? Just something to think about

itsok
11/14/2010, 11:08 PM
ou martin: that pretty much sums up my point...the psychological part of the mistakes changed our mind set, and since our team wasnt mature enough, we lost. I hope it doesnt happened saturday night...
if we play for the south in stoolwater, i like our chances...

btk108
11/14/2010, 11:29 PM
Exactly. Our defense is slightly better than Texas's. Meaning we sometimes wrap up and tackle where as Texas never does.

Last TG of the year, sweetheart. Where was your smiling face?

OK2LA
11/14/2010, 11:59 PM
Bottom line is you can't do that kind of crap on the road. Let alone to good teams. You spotted B.G. / Misery a 7 spot, and he played the entire game "ahead". You got A & M going from the get go. Neither team needed any help, and we handed it to them. Made it pretty easy on them from the beginning, and difficult on ourselves. Add on to that 2 red zone turnovers against MU and the befuddling play calls = recipe for disaster. Need a laugh?

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7589553/

cleller
11/15/2010, 09:10 AM
I think what this team lacks some players with the mentality that Heupel, Calmus, Torrance Marshall displayed.

Scores, momentum, etc did not matter to them. When they walked on the field, they only thought of winning every play.
Heupel was so cool under pressure. Never seen a guy that could walk out of a huddle, clock ticking, fans screaming, and calmly analyze the defense. 3rd and 10 was nothing for him.

Those guys were just winners. Look at Texas this year, no winners in sight.

oudavid1
11/15/2010, 12:37 PM
So we kick it out of bounds, and on offense come out and kneel.

I like it.

Next play, deep ball to Kenny Stills. (Dont SPIKE IT KENNY)

85sooners
11/15/2010, 12:46 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: