PDA

View Full Version : So, how do we win the Big 12?

PDXsooner
11/14/2010, 11:20 AM
Obviously we need to win our last two. Also, we need A&M to lose to Texas, right? Is that it?

Correction: We need Nebraska to beat A&M. Texas has no chance of beating them.

jumperstop
11/14/2010, 11:24 AM
There is another thread discussing this already. aTm doesn't need to lose if osu wins next week.

PDXsooner
11/14/2010, 11:55 AM
There is another thread discussing this already. aTm doesn't need to lose if osu wins next week.

Oh my God, I started a double thread! How foolish of me!!!!!

jumperstop
11/14/2010, 12:07 PM
Oh my God, I started a double thread! How foolish of me!!!!!

I was just letting you know and I did answer your question.

SOONER44EVER
11/14/2010, 12:08 PM
We have to win the Big 12 tournament. :D

PDXsooner
11/14/2010, 12:20 PM
I was just letting you know and I did answer your question.

:cool:

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 12:37 PM
If OU and OSU win next week, both of them hold the cards to the Big 12 South.

The winner will be in Dallas.

Yes, we lost to A&M. However, they are virtually out of it unless OSU losses next week. If OU wins at OSU (and baylor), then A&M is done for.

Divisional Tiebreakers: The following procedure will determine the representative from each division in the event of a tie:

If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative
If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.
The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
The records of the three teams will be compared within their division
The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5 and 6)
The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.
The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative in the Big 12 Championship Game, unless two of the tied teams are ranked within one spot of the other in the BCS poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Big 12 Championship Game.
The team with the best overall winning percentage (excluding exempted games) shall be the representative.
The representative will be chosen by draw.

The very first tie breaker for a 3 way tie would mean A&M is out, if they win out and OU wins out.

StoopTroup
11/14/2010, 12:44 PM
3 ways can really light up the message boards. What fun.

BoulderSooner79
11/14/2010, 12:57 PM
We need the home version of the Sooners to show-up for a couple of road games. Do the math.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 01:01 PM
I hope the three-way comes to pass. That way we can go to Orangebloods and post: Hey, Texas! We're having a three-way over here and you're not invited!

soonerchk
11/14/2010, 01:37 PM
Obviously we need to win our last two. Also, we need A&M to lose to Texas, right? Is that it?

Correction: We need Nebraska to beat A&M. Texas has no chance of beating them.

Why? A&M has beat Texas plenty of times when they had no chance. I'm hoping Texas will return the favor. I really hope it doesn't come to that, because there is no way I can cheer for texas over the Corps Aggies.