PDA

View Full Version : Dumb sales clerk

SOONER44EVER
11/14/2010, 12:49 AM
Today I had to return a pair of pants to Casual Male. I was asked why i was returning them. I told the clerk they didn't fit. She asked me why? I didn't understand what she meant. She asked if they didn't fit because they were the wrong size. I answered yes. Is there another reason why clothes wouldn't fit? Hmmmmm.

badger
11/14/2010, 12:51 AM
Is it one of those stores where you can do alterations before taking stuff home? That might be why they ask. Kind of like returning a gallon of paint. Did you return it because it was the wrong color? Yes? Did we specially mix it for you? Yes? Ok then, we need to make this right, you can't return specially mixed paint.

:O I worked in retail awhile back

SOONER44EVER
11/14/2010, 02:39 AM
Is it one of those stores where you can do alterations before taking stuff home? That might be why they ask. Kind of like returning a gallon of paint. Did you return it because it was the wrong color? Yes? Did we specially mix it for you? Yes? Ok then, we need to make this right, you can't return specially mixed paint.

:O I worked in retail awhile back

No. It was a pair of wind pants. Maybe its just me but I've never been asked why something didn't fit before. My wife was there and after wer left she asked me what the girl meant.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 12:46 PM
Sometimes people just ask dumb questions for the Hell of it. You've seen our sports media. This sales clerk isn't really any dumber.

Wishboned
11/14/2010, 02:11 PM
She just wanted you to admit that your *** was too big.

:D

SOONER44EVER
11/15/2010, 02:19 AM
She just wanted you to admit that your *** was too big.

:D

I just assumed that was obvious since I tripped over it and fell as I entered the store.

proud gonzo
11/15/2010, 03:05 AM
she probably wanted to know why you bought them if they didn't fit--I'm gonna take a wild guess that because you're a dude you didn't try them on at the store before you bought them. (This is, of course, how most men shop)

Take, for example, a conversation I had with my husband on Saturday. We went to campus corner to get him an OU sweatshirt before the game. He found one that he liked and picked out his size.
Me: Ok, try it on.
Him: why?
Me: You do plan on wearing it, right?
Him: Yeah, why?
Me: So try it on to make sure it fits!

but yeah, silly thing for her to ask