PDA

View Full Version : South tie breaker

batonrougesooner
11/14/2010, 12:34 AM
OU has two conference losses. OSU has one. Does that mean if OU beats them OU goes to conference champ game? I assume yes but wasn't sure if south vs north losses counted different.

batonrougesooner
11/14/2010, 12:35 AM
You would think I'd know this by now and I think I do but...

Mjcpr
11/14/2010, 12:35 AM
A&M would need to lose as well but we'd own the head to head tiebreaker over aggy if we beat them so we'd go.

batonrougesooner
11/14/2010, 12:36 AM
So ATM needs to lose too?

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2010, 12:38 AM
Do we need to buy a banner?

Mjcpr
11/14/2010, 12:38 AM
Yeah, I think so....I think they have 2 losses so we would lose the tiebreaker to them and they'd go.

Mjcpr
11/14/2010, 12:39 AM
Do we need to buy a banner?

I think the situation calls for it, yes.

:D

ouwasp
11/14/2010, 12:41 AM
Doesn't aTm still have to play Nebraska? Where is that game?

batonrougesooner
11/14/2010, 12:41 AM
ATM still has Nebraska. So there's that.

Mjcpr
11/14/2010, 12:42 AM
ATM still has Nebraska. So there's that.

And TU, assuming you did not see tonight's game.

batonrougesooner
College station. Just looked.

badger
If we win out and A&M wins out, it comes down to whether there's a poke choke when they play KU.

If OSU beats KU but loses to us, we beat Baylor and OSU, and A&M wins out... get ready for it... a three-way-tie for the south.

What sucks for A&M is that unlike that three-way-tie a few years ago, they have three loses so far this year, unlike us and the Pokes, who have two. So, I think that factors in before the BCS rankings, the fact that they have one more loss overall than us (even if it isn't a conference loss)

If the Pokes lose out, then A&M has the head-to-head tiebreaker if we both win out. No banners necessary, if we're tied, they won, they go.

If it comes down to 3-way sh!t again though, it would suck... for everyone else. :P

For reference read here. (http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=1546006)

batonrougesooner
11/14/2010, 12:43 AM
And TU, assuming you did not see tonight's game.

Texas is imploding. Too bad.

SOONER44EVER
11/14/2010, 12:44 AM
If OU, OSU and A&M all end up with 2 losses the team ranked highest in the BCS goes to the Big 12 Championship. Right?

badger
11/14/2010, 12:45 AM
If OU, OSU and A&M all end up with 2 losses the team ranked highest in the BCS goes to the Big 12 Championship. Right?

Asterisk added an exception after the 2008 season. Basically, if the top two teams are within one place of the other, the head-to-head determines who goes.

For example, if OU is ranked #2 in the poll and Texas is ranked #3, but Texas beat OU by double-digits on a neutral field (repeat a billion times for emphasis, add plane banner if necessary), then Texas would go now.

But, Texas now has six losses. I repeat, Texas has six losses. Texas is a six-time loser. Texas is 4-6. With six losses. Lost six times. On neutral fields. By double digits. On their own field. On the road. They've lost everywhere, and they've lost six times.

jumperstop
11/14/2010, 12:46 AM
We have two loses, aTm has two loses, and osu has one. If we all win next week it'll be the winner of the bedlam game. If osu loses next week and aTm wins, aTm will go if we win bedlam and osu will go if they win. If aTm loses next week it'll still be winner of bedlam. Of think I got it mostly there.

MiccoMacey
11/14/2010, 12:51 AM
If OU wins next weekend, the winner of the Bedlam game goes to the Big Twelve Conference Championship game, regardless of what A&M does.

Assuming OU wins next week @ Baylor:

If OSU beats OU, OSU has either one or two losses (depending on what happened against Kansas). Either way, they win the head to head against A&M even if they did lose to Kansas.

If OU beats OSU, all three teams have two conference losses each.

However, A&M has an out-of-conference loss as well, so they're out of the tiebreaker.

It then goes down to head to head, and OU wins.

soonercastor
11/14/2010, 12:52 AM
Ok here is the deal, we win out we're IN, as long as OSU doesn't sheet the bed next week against Kansas. If we all win out we will be highest in the rankings. So as long as OSU beats Kansas, we don't have to worry about anything else but just win out.

SOONER44EVER
11/14/2010, 12:52 AM
So we have to win twice in a row on the road. Good thing Bob says we don't have a problem in road games.

soonercastor
11/14/2010, 12:53 AM
If OU wins next weekend, the winner of the OU-OSU game goes to the Big Twelve Conference Championship game, regardless of what A&M does.

Not true!
Your statement should be "if OSU AND OU win next week-end, the winner......."

batonrougesooner
11/14/2010, 12:54 AM
Do out of conference losses matter?

jumperstop
11/14/2010, 12:55 AM
Put simply:

1)Win out!

2)Hope for OSU to beat Kansas and/or aTm loss to Nebbish.

That's it and were in.

badger
11/14/2010, 12:55 AM

Click that reference link I posted earlier. It does, but it isn't a predominant tiebreaker.

Eff it, here it is:

1. If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative
2. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other
2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division
3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5 and 6)
4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.
5. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative in the Big 12 Championship Game, unless two of the tied teams are ranked within one spot of the other in the BCS poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Big 12 Championship Game.
6. The team with the best overall winning percentage (excluding exempted games) shall be the representative.
7. The representative will be chosen by draw.
---

As you can see it's #6. Thus, it won't matter unless we're all out of the BCS poll.

MiccoMacey
11/14/2010, 12:57 AM
Not true!
Your statement should be "if OSU AND OU win next week-end, the winner......."

You are correct. I had that originally, but erased it for some reason.

As long as both OU and OSU win out next weekend (which I believe should happen), A&M is out of the picture.

batonrougesooner
Forgive me if I'm retarded....

Even if we beat OSU, do we go ahead of a two loss ATM who holds the head to head against OU?

jumperstop

Only in if OU and aTm win out, and OSU only loses bedlam. That'll create the three way tie we saw a few years ago, but it'll stop on step four or w.e cause they take into consideration non conference losses before bcs ranking. We would then win the head to head if we beat OSU.

batonrougesooner
Assuming they beat Nebraska.

jumperstop
11/14/2010, 12:58 AM

Even if we beat OSU, do we go ahead of a two loss ATM who holds the head to head against OU?

As long as OSU wins next week or aTm loses.

batonrougesooner
Just saw above

SOONER44EVER

Yes

pac10SUX
11/14/2010, 12:59 AM
According to my sources, Mack had the rule changed and it is not posted on the interweb. Should there by any tie in the South no matter which teams are tied for first, * automatically goes to the CCG!! :D

soonercastor
11/14/2010, 01:05 AM
According to my sources, Mack had the rule changed and it is not posted on the interweb. Should there by any tie in the South no matter which teams are tied for first, * automatically goes to the CCG!! :D

LOL, the way they changed the rule we'll probably need another 100 years to get in that scenario. Its pretty much the same except that if 2 of the three teams in the three way tie-break are within one BCS spot then u take h2h against those two. Pretty much a rule that would have guaranteed * to go two years ago

mavericksooner
11/14/2010, 01:12 AM
My understanding is that we go to the CCG if we win out no matter what happens to the other teams; osu,ta&m; ta&m still has 3 losses and we have 2 so head to head doesn't matter.

badger
11/14/2010, 01:13 AM
we'll probably need another 100 years to get in that scenario

we'll also need another two teams - these tiebreakers don't matter after this season, because they're only for sending a team to the Big 12 championship game, a game that won't exist in a 10-team conference.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 01:15 AM
So if OU wins out it goes, right? Regardless of what OSU and ATM do? Right?

Sooner4FCD
11/14/2010, 01:18 AM
Good lord, just win out.

Nothing else matters at this point.

badger
11/14/2010, 01:18 AM

No. But, it's all OU can do. The only team that controls its destiny in the South division at this point is the pokes. We need a little bit of help in addition to winning out.

Statalyzer
11/14/2010, 01:21 AM

They do if it goes to the BCS.

Mjcpr
11/14/2010, 01:23 AM
What happens if we lose the last two but osu and aggie is injured in an unusual midwest hurricane?

badger
11/14/2010, 01:26 AM
What happens if we lose the last two but osu and aggie is injured in an unusual midwest hurricane?

Texas would then agree to let Tulsa join the Big 12, as it would be the only thing that would stop A&M and OSU from stealing more of their recruits.

soonercastor
11/14/2010, 01:27 AM
My understanding is that we go to the CCG if we win out no matter what happens to the other teams; osu,ta&m; ta&m still has 3 losses and we have 2 so head to head doesn't matter.

NO, because you just look at conference record, and TAMU has 2 losses.

John Kochtoston
11/14/2010, 01:43 AM

Most likely. We just can't end up in a two-way tie with A&M, which could only happen if Pokie State screws the pooch against Kansas. If it's a 3-way tie, it will fall to BCS standings. We're already ahead of the Ags, and would almost certainly pass Silo Tech if we beat them in Stoolwater.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 01:46 AM
Okay, so at this point would you Aggie haters be willing to root for Okie State against Kansas?

o0Dan0o
11/14/2010, 10:26 AM
Put simply:

1)Win out!

2)Hope for OSU to beat Kansas and/or aTm loss to Nebbish.

That's it and were in.

I'll mostly root for Nebbish next weekend, and be mildly interested in the Kansas game (can't... root... for... stoolwater...).

Nope, see bellow.

NO, because you just look at conference record, and TAMU has 2 losses.

This is partly why.

Most likely. We just can't end up in a two-way tie with A&M, which could only happen if Pokie State screws the pooch against Kansas. If it's a 3-way tie, it will fall to BCS standings. We're already ahead of the Ags, and would almost certainly pass Silo Tech if we beat them in Stoolwater.

True, but there is a tie breaker one or two earlier than the BCS standings that compares overall record. Since aTm has one OOC loss they would be eliminated from the tie, leaving OU and OSU so the winner of that game would go to the CCG.

Okay, so at this point would you Aggie haters be willing to root for Okie State against Kansas?

No, can't do it. Tried and it hurt everywhere... I can root for nebbish though, since we would still possibly get to play them.

Dan

85sooners
11/14/2010, 10:28 AM
:confused:

GrapevineSooner
11/14/2010, 10:50 AM

Sure. I don't mind the actual football team.

It's their idiotic fans that I can't stand.

XingTheRubicon
11/14/2010, 11:44 AM
The only way we don't go if we win out is:

A&M beats Nebraska AND Suck University

AND

OSU loses to Kansas

if any one of those 3 things don't happen, ANY ONE, OU goes.

More importantly, I'd say our odds to win @Baylor AND @Losur are about 15%. I think OSU goes...by beating us. I may have to kill a few people.

MiccoMacey
11/14/2010, 11:57 AM
[B]
1. If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative
2. If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three teams will be compared against each other.

How is this not the first criteria? It doesn't state conference record of the three teams...it states record. A&M has three losses. They're out if OSU wins next week.

AlbqSooner
11/14/2010, 12:34 PM
How is this not the first criteria? It doesn't state conference record of the three teams...it states record. A&M has three losses. They're out if OSU wins next week.

"Against each other", is the critical phrase.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 12:43 PM
A&M would need to lose as well but we'd own the head to head tiebreaker over aggy if we beat them so we'd go.

WHAT?

No true at all.

If OU and A&M win out, OU will go before A&M. If OSU wins next week, then it will result in a 3 way tie, much like 2008.

But this time, the records of all three teams will not be the same.

Their first tie breaker for a 3 way tie takes A&M out of the equation then it goes to the head to head match up between OU and OSU.

Remember, OSU beat A&M and Missouri did as well. This means OU, OSU and A&M would have the same conference record.

OU and OSU would have 2 losses on their overall record, while A&M would have 3.

OU controls the key. Now, if OSU losses next week, and OU and A&M win out, A&M would get the South Title.

It would be nice to see A&M lose, but we do not need them to lose for OU to make it to Dallas!

StoopTroup
11/14/2010, 12:56 PM
What happens if OU, oSu and tamu lose next week?

GrapevineSooner
11/14/2010, 01:37 PM

Mass chaos.

Dogs and cats living together!

http://www.pajiba.com/assets_c/2010/04/bill_murray_ghostbusters-thumb-260x208-9951.jpg

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 01:43 PM

If A&M loses next week, they are out of the running.
If OSU loses, they will be tied with OU (assuming OU beats Baylor). Meaning the winner in Stoolwater will be the Big 12 South divisional winner.

If OU, OSU, and A&M loses, it is the same as it is now. Meaning the winner of the OU/OSU game will determine Big 12 South Champion.

silverwheels
11/14/2010, 01:43 PM
Their first tie breaker for a 3 way tie takes A&M out of the equation then it goes to the head to head match up between OU and OSU.

Actually, it doesn't. The first tiebreaker is the records of the 3 teams against each other, and each team would be 1-1 against the other two.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 01:52 PM
Actually, it doesn't. The first tiebreaker is the records of the 3 teams against each other, and each team would be 1-1 against the other two.

You're right....

They each would have the same divisional record.
They each would have beaten the 4-6 teams in the south.
yadda yadda...

So it would come down to the BCS ranking...yet again?

Meaning, if OU wins out....and so does A&M....OU would most likely be a higher BCS ranked team. However, not by much...so there is a possibility that overall record would play into the equation.

OU holds the key, unless somehow A&M is able to makle a MAJOR leap in the BCS standings.

silverwheels
11/14/2010, 01:53 PM
You're right....

They each would have the same divisional record.
They each would have beaten the 4-6 teams in the south.
yadda yadda...

So it would come down to the BCS ranking...yet again?

Meaning, if OU wins out....and so does A&M....OU would most likely be a higher BCS ranked team. However, not by much...so there is a possibility that overall record would play into the equation.

OU holds the key, unless somehow A&M is able to makle a MAJOR leap in the BCS standings.

Yep. And of course if A&M could lose one of their last two games, that would make things easier.

CrimsonJim
11/14/2010, 02:29 PM
Asterisk added an exception after the 2008 season. Basically, if the top two teams are within one place of the other, the head-to-head determines who goes.

For example, if OU is ranked #2 in the poll and Texas is ranked #3, but Texas beat OU by double-digits on a neutral field (repeat a billion times for emphasis, add plane banner if necessary), then Texas would go now.

But, Texas now has six losses. I repeat, Texas has six losses. Texas is a six-time loser. Texas is 4-6. With six losses. Lost six times. On neutral fields. By double digits. On their own field. On the road. They've lost everywhere, and they've lost six times.

What?

StoopTroup
11/14/2010, 02:34 PM
If A&M loses next week, they are out of the running.
If OSU loses, they will be tied with OU (assuming OU beats Baylor). Meaning the winner in Stoolwater will be the Big 12 South divisional winner.

If OU, OSU, and A&M loses, it is the same as it is now. Meaning the winner of the OU/OSU game will determine Big 12 South Champion.

That's how I figured it. Good stuff.

I wonder who'll get fired. :D

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 02:37 PM
That's how I figured it. Good stuff.

I wonder who'll get fired. :D

martinez!!!

sooner KB
11/14/2010, 05:17 PM

The first tiebreaker is the records of the 3 teams (So 11-2, 10-3, etc) compared to each other. Of course their records only between the 3 teams would be the same, that's why the 3 teams are in a 3-way tie to begin with.

silverwheels
11/14/2010, 05:25 PM
The first tiebreaker is the records of the 3 teams (So 11-2, 10-3, etc) compared to each other. Of course their records only between the 3 teams would be the same, that's why the 3 teams are in a 3-way tie to begin with.

Misinterpretation on my part. Still, it seems silly that out of conference games should matter when choosing a divisional champion.

So A&M has to hope for OSU to lose out and OU to win out.

AlbqSooner
11/14/2010, 06:08 PM

While the simplicity of that argument is enticing, it does not pass muster. #2 says if there is a three way tie, rules 1 through 7 will be followed. Rule one says if two teams are tied, blah blah. Rule 2 says follow rule 1 and 2 before going to the tiebreaker for a three way tie. So while your interpretation makes good sense, the draftsmen of the Rules apparently did not consider good sense when turning out the finished product.

ocsooner
11/14/2010, 06:12 PM

Did Texas loose? I can't remember where they lost...

sooner ngintunr
11/14/2010, 06:20 PM
Of course their records only between the 3 teams would be the same, that's why the 3 teams are in a 3-way tie to begin with.

I don't think that would always be correct. You could have three teams, all with 2 divisional losses, the same overall record (A three way tie) but have one of those teams 2-0 against the other 2.

Well I think so anyways.:D :D

StoopTroup
11/14/2010, 08:57 PM

ocsooner's post #63 in this thread made me pull this back up....

6 losses....5 of which were Conference losses. I think that's what is really causing them the melt down. They really thought that no matter if little ole OU got them we just got lucky and they were always gonna be #2 in the South at the worst any year. This isn't tasting very well for them....

texaspokieokie
11/14/2010, 08:58 PM
then they'd win the "head to head" against both other teams.

soonerloyal
11/14/2010, 09:59 PM

Record that and I'll buy it for a ringtone. :D

silverwheels
11/14/2010, 10:04 PM

Easy there, they might still have 2 more losses in them.

TrophyCollector
11/14/2010, 10:11 PM

Ringtones? Are there OU Ringtones here? Where can I get one?

sooner KB
11/14/2010, 10:19 PM
I don't think that would always be correct. You could have three teams, all with 2 divisional losses, the same overall record (A three way tie) but have one of those teams 2-0 against the other 2.

Well I think so anyways.:D :D

So in other words, if OU, OSU, and A&M all had 2 losses each, but OU had wins over both OSU and A&M? I guess I was thinking this wouldn't be a 3-way tie since OU would have the head to heads in this case, but I suppose it technically would be a 3-way tie. I guess it does make sense why they would put that #1. Carry on everybody, don't mind me. :O

SoonerDog
11/14/2010, 10:46 PM
OK, here it is the 3-way tie-breaker, plain and simple (as I see it anyway). I’m assuming OU, OSU, and ATM finish with 6-2 conference records. The Big 12 tiebreaker rules states this about a 3-way tie:

So here is the breakdown for each step:

This is with regards to head-to-head games between the three teams. In this case all three would be 1-1, where each lost to one and beat one. Still tied, move to the next step.

2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division.

This is with regards to each team’s record within the South Division (excluding the three games against the North). In this instance, all three teams would have a 4-1 record. Still tied, move to the next step.

3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5 and 6)

This is with regards to the order of finish of the remaining teams in the South (Baylor, TTU, Texas). A win over the 4th place team would carry more importance than a win over the 5th place team, etc. However, in this instance, the order between Baylor, TTU, and Texas doesn’t matter because OU, OSU, and ATM would be undefeated against those three teams. Still tied, move to the next step.

4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.

Since the tiebreaker can’t be decided within the South Division, the records against the North Division come into play, but only to the extent where OU, OSU, and ATM played the same team. In this instance, step 4 can’t be used because there is not a common North opponent for all three teams. For instance, OU played MO, ISU, and CO from the North, while OSU played NU, KSU, and KU. Still tied, move to the next step

5. The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series poll following the completion of Big 12 regular season conference play shall be the representative in the Big 12 Championship Game, unless two of the tied teams are ranked within one spot of the other in the BCS poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Big 12 Championship Game.

Here is where the tie will most likely be broken. Whichever of the three teams is ranked highest in the BCS poll will be declared the South champion. However, the new rule added last summer states that if the two highest BCS ranked teams are within one spot of each other, then the team who won the head-to-head matchup between the two teams would be declared South champion. For instance if OSU is ranked 11 and OU is ranked 13, OSU wins. However, if OSU is ranked 11, and OU is ranked 12, OU wins because they would’ve won the head-to-head with OSU. The only way the tie-breaker could go to step 6 is if there is a three-way tie between OU, OSU, and ATM in the BCS poll.

Bruiser53
11/14/2010, 10:58 PM
OK, here it is the 3-way tie-breaker, plain and simple (as I see it anyway). I’m assuming OU, OSU, and ATM finish with 6-2 conference records. The Big 12 tiebreaker rules states this about a 3-way tie:

So here is the breakdown for each step:

This is with regards to head-to-head games between the three teams. In this case all three would be 1-1, where each lost to one and beat one. Still tied, move to the next step.

2. The records of the three teams will be compared within their division.

This is with regards to each team’s record within the South Division (excluding the three games against the North). In this instance, all three teams would have a 4-1 record. Still tied, move to the next step.

This is with regards to the order of finish of the remaining teams in the South (Baylor, TTU, Texas). A win over the 4th place team would carry more importance than a win over the 5th place team, etc. However, in this instance, the order between Baylor, TTU, and Texas doesn’t matter because OU, OSU, and ATM would be undefeated against those three teams. Still tied, move to the next step.

Since the tiebreaker can’t be decided within the South Division, the records against the North Division come into play, but only to the extent where OU, OSU, and ATM played the same team. In this instance, step 4 can’t be used because there is not a common North opponent for all three teams. For instance, OU played MO, ISU, and CO from the North, while OSU played NU, KSU, and KU. Still tied, move to the next step

Here is where the tie will most likely be broken. Whichever of the three teams is ranked highest in the BCS poll will be declared the South champion. However, the new rule added last summer states that if the two highest BCS ranked teams are within one spot of each other, then the team who won the head-to-head matchup between the two teams would be declared South champion. For instance if OSU is ranked 11 and OU is ranked 13, OSU wins. However, if OSU is ranked 11, and OU is ranked 12, OU wins because they would’ve won the head-to-head with OSU. The only way the tie-breaker could go to step 6 is if there is a three-way tie between OU, OSU, and ATM in the BCS poll.

This.

Out of conference games are never considered in chosing a division champion. Otherwise everyone would employ the Bill Snyder schedule strategy.

sooner KB
11/14/2010, 11:06 PM
This.

Out of conference games are never considered in chosing a division champion. Otherwise everyone would employ the Bill Snyder schedule strategy.

Except he didn't put #6, which is

"The team with the best overall winning percentage (excluding exempted games) shall be the representative."

But I guess this would only come into play if neither team is ranked in the BCS. And that would be unlikely to ever happen.

SoonerDog
11/14/2010, 11:10 PM
Sooner KB, correct. I didn't put #6 there, because it seems like the odds are very slim that it would be used.

herecomedajudge
11/15/2010, 01:37 AM
Thanks for an excellent analysis SoonerDog. I have been waiting for someone to apply the "common" opponent step.

sooner59
11/15/2010, 01:50 AM
Well done SoonerDog. I tried to point this out to a poke fan on this board last week I believe and it never got through to them. Big shocker, huh. Basically, if OSU beats Kansas next week, all we need to do is win out.

1. ATM loses to Nebraska & OSU beats Kansas > OU can win the South with a win over OSU (head to head)
2. ATM beats Nebraska & OSU beats Kansas > OU can win the South with a win over OSU (BCS tie-breaker) - OU currently #14, OSU #10. OU would jump OSU in the BCS.
3. ATM wins out & OSU loses to Kansas > ATM wins south.

So as long as OSU beats Kansas, we control our destiny from that point on.
2. A

Leroy Lizard
11/15/2010, 01:53 AM
However, if OSU is ranked 11, and OU is ranked 12, OU wins because they would’ve won the head-to-head with OSU.

If this happens, UT fans will disembowel themselves. OU would only be going because UT cried last year. Tears would stream down my face from laughter.

Leroy Lizard
11/15/2010, 01:54 AM
Well done SoonerDog. I tried to point this out to a poke fan on this board last week I believe and it never got through to them.

I would love to read that. You gotta link?

sooner59
11/15/2010, 02:34 AM
I would love to read that. You gotta link?

Uh oh, looks like you got me. I went back and looked. The poke wasn't the one I was addressing in the thread. I thought he started it, but he didn't. Some of OUr posters were thinking we should want texas to beat osu in order to help us in the Big 12 South race. I was pointing out the contrary, that the scenarios I gave were much like those in this thread. We needed osu to win out until they play us....unless ATM lost (to Baylor, Nebraska, Texas...whoever). I think the assumption was that we couldn't expect ATM to lose again, so if they do great, if not, osu helps us by winning and keeping the 3-way alive so we don't lose the head-to-head with ATM.

Here is the link. I was basically stating that if everybody wins out, its the BCS that decides the South, and the winner of the OU-osu game would be the winnah!

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147333

Leroy Lizard
11/15/2010, 02:42 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147333

Oh, I thought the thread was on a Poke board.

SunnySooner
11/15/2010, 09:34 AM
Yet another reason I love undefeated seasons. This crap makes my brain hurt.

badger
11/15/2010, 09:36 AM
Did Texas loose? I can't remember where they lost...

Just because it's fun:

But, Texas now has six losses.
Loss #1 was to UCLA at home the week before the RRS.
http://i56.tinypic.com/21dmkc3.jpg

I repeat, Texas has six losses.
Loss #2 was to us in Dallas.
http://photos.newsok.com/2/showimage/1167512/gallery_photo

Texas is a six-time loser.
Loss #3 was at home to Iowa State.
http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/05/17/00/slideshow_1001754265_RBZ_UT_IOWA_STATE_06_5043127. JPG.jpg

Texas is 4-6. With six losses.
Wins include Nebraska on the road in Lincoln.
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0912/home-field-advantage-mack-brown-texas-nebraska-husker-cornhu-demotivational-poster-1260232681.png

Lost six times.
Loss #4 was at home to Baylor.
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/161/baylor2.jpg

On neutral fields. By double digits. On their own field. On the road.
Loss #5 was on the road against Kansas State.
http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/02/18/00/slideshow_1001822222_jwj_UT_Kansas_State_0494.jpg

They've lost everywhere, and they've lost six times.
Loss #6 was at home against the Pokes.
http://i51.tinypic.com/28qxp5d.jpg

You can relive every Texas loss this season on the fark board in this thread here. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144981&page=6)

EnragedOUfan
11/15/2010, 12:38 PM
Basically, we should all be OSU fans this weekend.......but OSU will throttle KU. I'd say there is a 50/50 chance of ATM beating Nebraska, but I think Nebraska wins by at least two touchdowns.......

josh09
11/15/2010, 03:14 PM
So we need OSU to beat KU, and we need to win out, because I seriously doubt that A&M will catch us in the rankings. If they get a W over NU, that will give them plenty of points, but if we get a win over a top 10 OSU team, we'll be in great shape.

tcrb
11/15/2010, 03:37 PM
We must win out. There is now no other path for OU to win the south.