PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing Landry Jones Quote

ThinMan
11/13/2010, 11:35 PM
"I was excited that we were going to take more shots down the field this week, and to see us doing those things and actually hit one was really good for our offense," Jones said.

I don't know why this bothers me exactly save that it seems like we really have handcuffs on the offense for the QB to make this sort of statement.

soonercastor
11/13/2010, 11:40 PM
we threw down the field against Colorado

tcrb
11/13/2010, 11:42 PM
I'm more disturbed by the implication that he was surprised to "actually hit one".:eek:

CrimsonRez
11/14/2010, 12:16 AM
I'm more disturbed by the implication that he was surprised to "actually hit one".:eek:

Ya thats what I was thinking...

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 12:32 AM
Do not put much stock in what players say.

SOONER44EVER
11/14/2010, 12:35 AM

Or coaches.

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2010, 12:37 AM
Or posters.

3rdgensooner
11/14/2010, 12:45 AM
Or monkeys

jumperstop
11/14/2010, 12:50 AM
Yeah I think you're looking too much into it...

StoopTroup
11/14/2010, 01:20 AM
Disinformation is a great tool when so many tools are surrounding you looking for you to shed light on why they think you aren't 100% in the win column.

cantwait48
11/14/2010, 01:34 AM
or retards

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 01:36 AM
As I said before, I would make every press conference a living April Fools Joke. I would also let the players in on the action and use it as a recruiting tool. "Come to OU and you will have the weekly pleasure of driving local sports media numbnuts crazy. It's fun as Hell! You cannot believe the stupid **** they will buy -- hook, line, and sinker."

Ground_Attack
11/14/2010, 02:28 AM
like you do on Soonerfans threads?

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 02:30 AM
like you do on Soonerfans threads?

I'll take it as a compliment.

the_ouskull
11/14/2010, 07:34 AM
As I said before, I would make every press conference a living April Fools Joke. I would also let the players in on the action and use it as a recruiting tool. "Come to OU and you will have the weekly pleasure of driving local sports media numbnuts crazy. It's fun as Hell! You cannot believe the stupid **** they will buy -- hook, line, and sinker."

Great idea. That way, we get the kids who want to be jerk*ffs that don't take football seriously instead of the kids who want to put in hard work and become legendary. Why didn't the coaches think of it sooner?

the_ouskull

BajaOklahoma
11/14/2010, 09:52 AM
I took it as frustration with dropped passes that would have been caught in previous years....

85sooners
11/14/2010, 10:24 AM
:gary:

btb916
11/14/2010, 10:27 AM
I was excited they took more shots down the field too. So...what's the problem, exactly?

Al Gore
11/14/2010, 10:27 AM
or crack whores...

SoonerLB
11/14/2010, 10:37 AM
Give the kid a break, sure he was excited, getting to throw downfield instead of another sideways swing pass was a fun change of pace for him. ;)

OUEngr1990
11/14/2010, 10:48 AM
I like the forward pass. :D We should do that more often.

SoonerMustang
11/14/2010, 11:06 AM
Or you mom....at least that's what she said.

stoopified
11/14/2010, 11:16 AM
Much ado about nothing.

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2010, 11:18 AM
"Disturbing" made me think he said he liked to drown kittens or drink the tears of children.

PSK2080
11/14/2010, 11:20 AM
"Disturbing" made me think he said he liked to drown kittens or drink the tears of children.

only kittens and children from Austin, Texas...

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2010, 11:29 AM
Well, that's okay.

ruf/nekdad
11/14/2010, 01:07 PM
Crack whores talk?

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 01:11 PM

So what do you put stock in? You do not put much stock in what players say. And you do not put much stock in what coaches tell the media.

So what exactly do you put stock in when it comes to OU football?

This just proves, yet again, how much of a ****ing idiot you are.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 01:26 PM
So what do you put stock in? You do not put much stock in what players say. And you do not put much stock in what coaches tell the media.

What happens on the field.

This isn't debate. It's football. If you really want to worry about what players say, OU has probably the best debate teams in the country.

No need for personal attacks, dude.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 01:33 PM
What happens on the field.

This isn't debate. It's football. If you really want to worry about what players say, OU has probably the best debate teams in the country.

Thanks for the insight of yet another worthless post.

I swear I get dumber and dumber with every post from you I read.

I am still waiting on if you are going to be able to actually talk about some x's and o's about football...instead of worrying about trying to argue with everyone on this board...I know I will be waiting forever, so I should not even expect it.

Point is LeTard...I do not think the players are just going to say something like this as a joke. What do they have to gain by it? And in a way he is completely right...name the last time OU opened it up down the field on offense. 2008, when Sam Bradford was commanding the offense.

Jones has shown he can be very accurate, may not be sam accurate, but accurate none-the-less. Yet all we see ran is bubble screens and flares. Swing passes, and short 5 yard slants.

I am glad he seems excited. When he is excited, he seems more relaxed. When he seems more relaxed, he seems more confident. When he seems more confident, he seems a lot more comfortable. And when he seems a lot more comfortable, he is a lot more accurate.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 01:34 PM
No need for personal attacks, dude.

Why, nothing personal behind it Letard. It is more factual though.

StoopTroup
11/14/2010, 01:43 PM
I think I saw Landry hit quite few down field strikes yesterday. What was this all about?

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the insight of yet another worthless post.

I swear I get dumber and dumber with every post from you I read.

I am still waiting on if you are going to be able to actually talk about some x's and o's about football...

I leave that to those who think they know more about coaching than our current staff. People like you, for instance.

Point is LeTard...I do not think the players are just going to say something like this as a joke. What do they have to gain by it? And in a way he is completely right...name the last time OU opened it up down the field on offense. 2008, when Sam Bradford was commanding the offense.

Ahhhh, the Internet. Where every armchair QB wants the team to throw the long-bomb on every other play. "Throw it deep! Throw da' bomb!"

The armchair quarterbacks never have anything to offer other than cliches. They want the coaches "to light a fire under their asses" and the offensive coordinator "to open it up." Then, when he does they say you have to "establish the running game" and play "smash-mouth football."

Then to spice it up they will regale readers with the times their wives, kids, or grandmothers were able to predict the play before it was even being snapped.

You're all the same. Go to any board where the team is not winning every game they play and you will see the same tired phrases.

To back up their worn arguments, they peruse the comments made by the players, searching for nuggets that illustrate some discontent with the coaching staff.

These are just kids. After a game they are excited and often say stuff they may not really mean. A lot of them look back on their comments and wish they hadn't said them. So right after a game is probably not the best time to be talking to these guys. But it allows armchair QBs like you the best opportunity to strengthen whatever stupid ideas you have.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 01:51 PM
Why, nothing personal behind it Letard. It is more factual though.

Despite what most think, I tend to lay off the blatant insults in my posts for the most part. To me, it's childish. I did call one poster a dumbass once, and then got a warning from Froze about making personal attacks on posters. Fair enough. I guess the rules don't apply to those attacking me, though.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 02:00 PM
I leave that to those who think they know more about coaching than our current staff. People like you, for instance.

Ahhhh, the Internet. Where every armchair QB wants the team to throw the long-bomb on every other play. "Throw it deep! Throw da' bomb!"

The armchair quarterbacks never have anything to offer other than cliches. They want the coaches "to light a fire under their asses" and the offensive coordinator "to open it up." Then, when he does they say you have to "establish the running game" and play "smash-mouth football."

Then to spice it up they will regale readers with the times their wives, kids, or grandmothers were able to predict the play before it was even being snapped.

You're all the same. Go to any board where the team is not winning every game they play and you will see the same tired phrases.

To back up their worn arguments, they peruse the comments made by the players, searching for nuggets that illustrate some discontent with the coaching staff.

These are just kids. After a game they are excited and often say stuff they may not really mean. A lot of them look back on their comments and wish they hadn't said them. So right after a game is probably not the best time to be talking to these guys. But it allows armchair QBs like you the best opportunity to strengthen whatever stupid ideas you have.

You can call me an armchair QB all you want...but when all you are doing is throwing short passes, then the defense does not have to play honest defense in their coverage. They also know they will very seldom be able to pressure on the QB so they will drop 7 or 8 guys into coverage.

It does not take a genius in this sport to understand that you must go down field just a few times to make that defense respect the deep threat. You do not have to complete any of them to be successful at doing so. You just got to show the defense that you will go deep.

With this info, you can piece together what will happen if OU, or any team, does not go deep once in awhile.

And FYI: going deep does not mean running all streaks or 9 routes and throwing 40 yards down the field. Going deep can mean passing the ball on a 15 yard post route or a 15 yard out route.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 02:04 PM
Despite what most think, I tend to lay off the blatant insults in my posts for the most part. To me, it's childish. I did call one poster a dumbass once, and then got a warning from Froze about making personal attacks on posters. Fair enough. I guess the rules don't apply to those attacking me, though.

Actually they do. I have been carded for personally attacking you...but I think it has more to do with how you preceive yourself around here.

You like to argue with the wall. You bring nothing but plain opinion. I have never seen a post of your's (at least in the football forum) that is loaded with any facts or dealing with the x's and o's of the game.

All your posts on this board is plain and unoriginal. you bring nothing of value except being a good beating boy.

But that is just my opinion....I think most will almost agree with it.

I am glad you are here though, don't get me wrong. You make it fun, so don't go getting any sand in your vagina just yet!

StoopTroup
11/14/2010, 02:10 PM
I like to use Leroid. It's a mixture of Leroy and a physical ailment that if untreated...it really becomes quite an eyesore. I find using the word dumbass on you offensive to folks whose only problem is that they are a dumbass. Although offensive...it does leave the possibility for someone to some day overcome it. You just don't qualify to be a dumbass and calling you one isn't fair to you and Froze and many other folks on the board understand it too I believe.

mightysooner
11/14/2010, 02:26 PM
Yes.....thanks for helping our resident dolt add some new wrinkles to the offense, coach Mangino.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 03:12 PM
Actually they do. I have been carded for personally attacking you...but I think it has more to do with how you preceive yourself around here.

You like to argue with the wall.

Yeah, well the wall (you and your cohorts) likes to argue back.

You bring nothing but plain opinion. I have never seen a post of your's (at least in the football forum) that is loaded with any facts or dealing with the x's and o's of the game.

The only x's and o's you bring are those of the typical drunk fan. And every coach will tell you about them. Coaches try to sit down at a restaurant, but some drunk know-it-all will stagger over and throw a napkin on the table. What's on the napkin? Diagrams of all the cool plays the drunkard has dreamed up "because he played a little ball himself, you know?"

I pity KW any time he goes out to dinner, because you can bet half the people inside the restaurant thinks that they know how to call plays. Because they played a little ball.

I am glad you are here though...

Then quit complaining.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 03:15 PM
Actually they do. I have been carded for personally attacking you...

Gee, it looks like the warning had a strong effect. :rolleyes:

For the record, I have received only one infraction for attacking members here. It was the time I called Collier a dumbass. (Sorry about that, Collier.) So I really can't complain.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 03:16 PM
I like to use Leroid. It's a mixture of Leroy and a physical ailment that if untreated...it really becomes quite an eyesore. I find using the word dumbass on you offensive to folks whose only problem is that they are a dumbass. Although offensive...it does leave the possibility for someone to some day overcome it. You just don't qualify to be a dumbass and calling you one isn't fair to you and Froze and many other folks on the board understand it too I believe.

You sound like someone bearing the scar marks from past fights with Leroy Lizard.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 03:17 PM
Yes.....thanks for helping our resident dolt add some new wrinkles to the offense, coach Mangino.

What new wrinkles are you talking about?

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 03:22 PM
Gee, it looks like the warning had a strong effect. :rolleyes:

For the record, I have received only one infraction for attacking members here. It was the time I called Collier a dumbass. (Sorry about that, Collier.) So I really can't complain.

Well, first of all, I have been banned for lesser...so it does not bother me.

I call it how I see it. If that gets me in trouble with those in power, then so be it.

I will serve my time...but if you are a ****ing idiot, I will let you know you are a ****ing idiot without any regrets.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 03:23 PM
You sound like someone bearing the scar marks from past fights with Leroy Lizard.

you remind me of my ex.

So ****ing full of yourself, you do not even know realism from fairy tales!:D

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 03:25 PM
Well, first of all, I have been banned for lesser...so it does not bother me.

I call it how I see it. If that gets me in trouble with those in power, then so be it.

I don't exactly have high opinions of your intellect either. But I try to keep my insults in check.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 03:25 PM
you remind me of my ex.

You mean you couldn't get along with your wife? To hell you say!

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 03:42 PM
You mean you couldn't get along with your wife? To hell you say!

so Ex automatically means wife?

No, just a live in girlfried of some 5 years. I have not made the mistake of saying any vows to any woman.

I get along with a lot of people. But as for you, you are just a ****ing tool, so no, I would not get along with you.

You add nothing of value to any conversation when it comes to sports.

You are fun to have around though...it is fun acting like a teenage girl with you!

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 03:44 PM
I don't exactly have high opinions of your intellect either. But I try to keep my insults in check.

I do not claim to be a professor or intellectial, like you do.

At least when I claim to know something, I show it.

I am surprised that you even know how to get a first down in football.

StoopTroup
11/14/2010, 04:03 PM

Internet scars might get your boyfriend's excited but I can't recall the last one that made me post about an Admin's warning. Sounds like that one made you poop yourself.

tulsaoilerfan
11/14/2010, 04:04 PM

The ignore feature can be ur friend

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 04:06 PM
The ignore feature can be ur friend

I do not ignore anyone. Even if you do, you can read their messages if you want too, so what good is it?

besides....I like some of his posts and enjoy the occasional childish debate with him.

;)

tulsaoilerfan
11/14/2010, 04:18 PM
I do not ignore anyone. Even if you do, you can read their messages if you want too, so what good is it?

besides....I like some of his posts and enjoy the occasional childish debate with him.

;)

The only way the messages show up is if someone quotes the message in their post

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 04:54 PM
The only way the messages show up is if someone quotes the message in their post

I know how it works. I used it before. It hides what they say, but in it's place it gives you the option to view their message.

I just think it is a stupid tool. I mean, for those that use it, great. I don't.

I am not too worried about Letard, he is like that dumbass down the street, that you like to make fun of, but keep him around for the entertainment value. :D

ocsooner
11/14/2010, 04:58 PM
or crack whores...

Experience?:D

mightysooner
11/14/2010, 05:27 PM
What new wrinkles are you talking about?

Play action, misdirection, wildcat.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 05:59 PM
so Ex automatically means wife?

No, just a live in girlfried of some 5 years. I have not made the mistake of saying any vows to any woman.

Nor have they. :D

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 06:01 PM
Play action, misdirection, wildcat.

I am sure that KW is quite aware of those plays. :rolleyes:

BigRed47
11/14/2010, 06:02 PM
They did go down the field against aTm, they just didn't execute. If they had OU would be 9-1 right now.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 06:02 PM
Nor have they. :D

And that is a bad thing? Marriage is a religious institution.

I am not a religious type of guy, spirtiual, yes...religious, Hell no!

No offense to those that are.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 06:03 PM
Internet scars might get your boyfriend's excited but I can't recall the last one that made me post about an Admin's warning. Sounds like that one made you poop yourself.

If I had complained when it happened (two months ago) you might have had a point.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 06:04 PM
And that is a bad thing? Marriage is a religious institution.

I am not a religious type of guy, spirtiual, yes...religious, Hell no!

No offense to those that are.

Dude, whatever. :cool:

agoo758
11/14/2010, 06:04 PM
Internet scars might get your boyfriend's excited

So Leroy's a girl? :confused: Or is this just a "personal" attack.;)

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 06:05 PM
They did go down the field against aTm, they just didn't execute. If they had OU would be 9-1 right now.

really? you can say that, "they did go down the field against aTm..." and, "...didnt execute," in the same sentence?

Not sure if you know this or not, but it takes execution to go down the field against any opponent.

So why did the execution just stop whenthey got inside the 5 yards line?

Maybe it was the fact that OU spread the field and had just 6 blockers to block 8-9 guys? they had a total of 3 guys to block 6 up the middle.

Yeah, let me tell you, the execution is the cause for failing at 3 goalline opportunities. LMFAO!!!!

SoonerBacker
11/14/2010, 06:17 PM
really? you can say that, "they did go down the field against aTm..." and, "...didnt execute," in the same sentence?

Not sure if you know this or not, but it takes execution to go down the field against any opponent.

Maybe it was the fact that OU spread the field and had just 6 blockers to block 8-9 guys? they had a total of 3 guys to block 6 up the middle.

Yeah, let me tell you, the execution is the cause for failing at 3 goalline opportunities. LMFAO!!!!

"It does not take a genius in this sport to understand that you must go down field just a few times to make that defense respect the deep threat. You do not have to complete any of them to be successful at doing so. You just got to show the defense that you will go deep."

Confused. Isn't completing them execution? :confused:
So, do you have to complete the long passes or not? Please expalin.
I don't seem to have the superior football intellect that you do. :pop:

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 06:20 PM
"It does not take a genius in this sport to understand that you must go down field just a few times to make that defense respect the deep threat. You do not have to complete any of them to be successful at doing so. You just got to show the defense that you will go deep."

Confused. Isn't completing them execution? :confused:
So, do you have to complete the long passes or not? Please expalin.
I don't seem to have the superior football intellect that you do. :pop:

I dont recall my post saying anything about execution.

I do recall it saying make the defense be honest. And when they are jumping the short routes, the best way to do so is to go deep. You go deep a few times when a team is playing defense like A&M did against us, then they will take themselves out of position if they continue to jump the short routes.

its called making the defensive coverage honest. We did not do that.

and Like I said, in order to make that A&M defense honest, you do not have to complete any of those passes, you just have to show them that you will go deep. Because eventually, the offense will complete one of those deep passes if you do not honor it!

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 06:21 PM

There could be a lot of reasons for not scoring in the red zone.

1. D has less field to protect.
2. O simply does not execute like it has before.
3. Play calls change.
4. D adjusts.

I don't see how we can just settle on one and say "that must be it."

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 06:25 PM
There could be a lot of reasons for not scoring in the red zone.

1. D has less field to protect.
2. O simply does not execute like it has before.
3. Play calls change.
4. D adjusts.

I don't see how we can just settle on one and say "that must be it."

We don't have to settle on just one.

But when you run an iso play up the gut 7 out of 8 times inside the 5 yard line, you are not helping yourself out at all. It doesn't matter if you are blowing the guy across from you off the ball all game long...all the defender has to do is fall to the ground...cause a big cluster **** int he middle and the play is dead...and that is exactly what A&M did...and what any team will do when you run essentially the same play to themeat of any goal line defense.

It really is not rocket science Letard.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 06:26 PM
its called making the defensive coverage honest. We did not do that.

Because Von Miller was keeping Landry honest by planting him two feet under ground.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 06:31 PM
We don't have to settle on just one.

But when you run an iso play up the gut 7 out of 8 times inside the 5 yard line, you are not helping yourself out at all. It doesn't matter if you are blowing the guy across from you off the ball all game long...all the defender has to do is fall to the ground...cause a big cluster **** int he middle and the play is dead...

If true, how would any team ever convert a fourth-and-short? Besides, we ran one of those plays earlier in the game with Murray and he scored.

Not saying that the playcalling was right, but the idea that you cannot score running up the gut near the goal line is ridiculous. And I doubt many defenders will tell you that their goal line strategy is to merely fall to the ground.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 06:34 PM
Because Von Miller was keeping Landry honest by planting him two feet under ground.

He got to Landry a total of like 9-10 times out of over 100 plays.

What do you do when that happens, continue to try to throw, or do some delay hand off or draw play?

We had a defensive end teeing off and bull-rushing off the end. there are ways to counter that. It is not like he is the only DE with great talent we have ever faced with KW as our OC.

We allowed Texas A&M defense to dictate what our offense was to do. That is not good coaching. You cannot tell me that we do not have plays that will make the defense be honest in their assignments, because we see them every home game, but rarely see them away from Norman.

Is it all on coaching? No. There were plenty of three and outs that came down to execution. But for our coaches to allow one player so much freedom, it just ridiculous. It seemed like it was the first time our coaches heard of the guy or something. Like he didnt make All-Big 12 last season.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 06:43 PM
If true, how would any team ever convert a fourth-and-short? Besides, we ran one of those plays earlier in the game with Murray and he scored.

Not saying that the playcalling was right, but the idea that you cannot score running up the gut near the goal line is ridiculous. And I doubt many defenders will tell you that their goal line strategy is to merely fall to the ground.

Yes, Murray scored earlier in the game on an iso run. YAY!

Let's say you are the DC and I am the OC. My offense is inside the 5 yard line. You set up in your goal line defense. We go to a 2 back, 2 TE set.

You are going to most likely put 8-10 guys inside the box (tackle to tackle 5-7 yards within the LOS, goal line the depth is usually only 3-5 yards from the LOS). Okay, that this gives me a total of 8 blockers to block 8-10 guys. Who has the man advantage?

However, I decide to run an iso play. Meaning I decide to run in the 1 or 2 game without a lead blocker, even though one is on the field.

Who do you think has the advantage? Yes, the defense. I essentially hanicapped myself by taking my 8th blocker away from the play.

How would you teach your DL to react when within the 2 or 3 yard line? Most likely to not give ground. If they feel like they are being pushed back, to just hit the ground and clog the hole. make the RB change direction or go over the top. Both of those options adds to the defenses advantage.

Now, say I do that 7 times out of 8 plays when I get a first and goal at the 5. Now say I do that 10 out of 12 plays when I get a first and goal inside the 10 yard line.

What are you going to do as the defensive coordinator?

As a DC, in goal line, your first priority is to shut down the middle. the second is to contain the outside (not to allow the ball to go outside the DEs or OLBs). The third is to shut down the pass.

that is why play action plays, like TE waggles are so effective inside the 10 yard line.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 06:56 PM
He got to Landry a total of like 9-10 times out of over 100 plays.

And it would have been 100 times if we had tried to continually throw it deep.

Landry not only was getting crushed by Von Milller, but he also has a habit of coughing up the football when he does. Did you forget about that?

Also, each time Landry gets planted, his confidence drops. We're on the road and in a tight game. Is that what we want?

I have said this many times, and it holds true. None of this low-level analysis offered up by fans all over the Internet has slipped by the coaches. Hell, I heard this "keeping the defense honest" argument back in the late 1960s. It's a cliche, much like most of the "analysis" you offer.

KW has been at this football game for a very long time. He knows all about throwing the deep ball to keep defenses honest. If he's not doing it, there's almost certainly a good reason. Why not think about those reasons rather than assume that KW was born yesterday.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 07:15 PM
And it would have been 100 times if we had tried to continually throw it deep.

Landry not only was getting crushed by Von Milller, but he also has a habit of coughing up the football when he does. Did you forget about that?

Also, each time Landry gets planted, his confidence drops. We're on the road and in a tight game. Is that what we want?

I have said this many times, and it holds true. None of this low-level analysis offered up by fans all over the Internet has slipped by the coaches. Hell, I heard this "keeping the defense honest" argument back in the late 1960s. It's a cliche, much like most of the "analysis" you offer.

KW has been at this football game for a very long time. He knows all about throwing the deep ball to keep defenses honest. If he's not doing it, there's almost certainly a good reason. Why not think about those reasons rather than assume that KW was born yesterday.

You really are a moron, arent you?

Who in the hell said to continually throw it deep?

Stop trying to spin my post.

Keeping the defense honest is a lot more than a cliche letard. It is what you have to do if you wish to win many ball games.

And yes, Wilson has been at this game for a long time. However, he continues to have brain farts whenhe shouldn't be having them.

Will a coach be perfect 100% of the time? No, I wish, but no they wont be. However, can a coach have a better game plan than he did against A&M? Yes, yes he can.

Hell, even after the game, he admitted that he should have mixed the play calling up better.

LOL. Letard, do not try to take what I say and spin it into something that helps your posts, because it will not work...better yet, do not add words to what I post.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 07:19 PM
Anyway...unless anyone (letard) has anything useful to say, instead of acting like Keith Olberman and spinning and stupidity, then I am done with this thread.

Always_Sooner
11/14/2010, 07:46 PM
Magino was brought in for a reason.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 07:51 PM
Keeping the defense honest is a lot more than a cliche letard. It is what you have to do if you wish to win many ball games.

Well why don't you write a letter telling KW your brilliant insight into football. Tell him that, by golly, you know what you're talking about because you played a little ball once. I am sure your letter won't be unique, as every offensive coordinator in the country has a pile of them.

You can sign it, "Just another dumbass fan." Because that's exactly what you are. And every major team has thousands of them.

StoopTroup
11/14/2010, 07:51 PM
So Leroy's a girl? :confused: Or is this just a "personal" attack.;)

I didn't know you two were datiing. Sorry.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 07:53 PM
Magino was brought in for a reason.

Mangino is one that could offer some insight. But Fuzznuts-75? Yeah, right!

SoonerBacker
11/15/2010, 12:10 AM
I dont recall my post saying anything about execution.

CowboyMRW
11/15/2010, 12:32 AM

Actually when you are very near to the goal line, the DT's will sometimes take out the legs of the O-line causing a giant mess and allowing the LB's to make the plays

Sooner Brewcrew
11/15/2010, 10:03 AM

I hear that! He should be expecting to hit them every time.