PDA

View Full Version : Texas has really gotten worse.

Funky G
11/13/2010, 10:52 PM
No play makers, defensive line undersized. The Jeffcoat injury really hurt their DL. Their offense is Terrible. OSU is their sixth loss, fourth in a row. Wow. Just wow.

picasso
11/13/2010, 10:53 PM
They should punt on 2nd down.

tcrb
11/13/2010, 10:54 PM
Ain't it sweet? :D

slh1234
11/13/2010, 10:54 PM
No play makers, defensive line undersized. The Jeffcoat injury really hurt their DL. Their offense is Terrible. OSU is their sixth loss, fourth in a row. Wow. Just wow.

They're playing to get a higher draft pick, now. :)

soonerfan69
11/13/2010, 10:55 PM
Don't hurt my feelings one little bit

Leroy Lizard
11/13/2010, 10:57 PM
How could they not have any playmakers? They outrecruit us nearly ever year. We have Jones, Finch, Murray, Broyles, Stills... what happened to all their recruits?

Boomer.....
11/13/2010, 11:00 PM
:mack:

wilson63
11/13/2010, 11:08 PM
I think the big ex-12 will be pretty stout next year. What team will be the weakest link? KU? Iowa St? Is this a one shot yr for baylor and A&M? Aren't the majority of the teams relatively young?

SouthFortySooner
11/13/2010, 11:12 PM
Texas really sucks. Always have. This quagmire their in couldn't last long enough.

SouthFortySooner
11/13/2010, 11:15 PM
How could they not have any playmakers? They outrecruit us nearly ever year. We have Jones, Finch, Murray, Broyles, Stills... what happened to all their recruits?

Uhh, coaching?

DarrellZero
11/13/2010, 11:19 PM
They outrecruit us nearly ever year.

Apparently not.

silverwheels
11/13/2010, 11:20 PM
Hopefully this isn't as bad as they get. **** 'em.

Funky G
11/13/2010, 11:22 PM

The recruits they have haven't panned out.

Leroy Lizard
11/13/2010, 11:23 PM
Seriously I ask: How in the Hell could UT not field a better RB than Fozzy Whittaker? Do they even have more than one top-flight defender on their team?

Or, put it this way: How many of their players would start for (say) Alabama?

Jacie
11/13/2010, 11:26 PM

Didn't you hear what they said during the game tonight? At sa*et, they don't recruit players, they choose them.

Okie35
11/13/2010, 11:29 PM

It comes down to coaching.

Mjcpr
11/13/2010, 11:30 PM
It is the same staff that was in the NC game 10 months ago.

bigfatjerk
11/13/2010, 11:32 PM
It is amazing to me that Texas has no playmakers at all. We aren't that good this year. We have a weak defensive line, we aren't well coached frankly. Some of it's because of youth. Some of it is because of bad playcalling and bad technique on both sides of the ball, but we have some promising young players.

Offense Jones is promising and only a sophomore, RBs out the butt are young and promising. Finch and Clay mostly but also I think Jonathan Miller will be real good the next couple of years. Stills is really talented. Broyles is only a junior although if he keeps putting up these numbers he is gone. Trey Franks has shown signs of potential stardome Offensive line has some good young players like Ikard.

Defense has Fleming who has been real solid this year. Hurst has been good at times. Jefferson will be a star. Corey Nelson, Ronnell Lewis look like potential stars.

You can see that OU has more talent than anyone in the conference right now. Texas has none of this on both sides of the ball right now really. That's mind boggling to me.

slh1234
11/13/2010, 11:36 PM

Amazing, huh? How quickly things can change!

MR2-Sooner86
11/13/2010, 11:36 PM
It's awesome isn't it!?

ThinMan
11/13/2010, 11:38 PM
If a horse went this lame you would just shoot it.

Leroy Lizard
11/13/2010, 11:49 PM
When is the last time a team tanked so badly after a successful season?

RealUTGrad
11/13/2010, 11:49 PM
As far as running backs go, we hope to hell that Malcom Brown is the real deal. I wont make many excuses but we are pretty young at most postions so if we blow next year, I will panic. Oh, and I dont talk smack on here but brown has out coached stoops quite a few times this decade.

slh1234
11/13/2010, 11:50 PM
And just think, they started the season as a top 10 team.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/13/2010, 11:51 PM
As far as running backs go, we hope to hell that Malcom Brown is the real deal. I wont make many excuses but we are pretty young at most postions so if we blow next year, I will panic. Oh, and I dont talk smack on here but brown has out coached stoops quite a few times this decade.

you'd better hope so, 5* running backs out of texas are a 50/50 affair

Okie35
11/13/2010, 11:51 PM

The players carried the coaches.

sooner518
11/13/2010, 11:54 PM
Didn't you hear what they said during the game tonight? At sa*et, they don't recruit players, they choose them.

They chose....poorly
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080328211711/indianajones/images/thumb/6/67/Knight.jpg/250px-Knight.jpg

bigfatjerk
11/13/2010, 11:54 PM
When is the last time a team tanked so badly after a successful season?

We tanked almost as bad after 04 and 08.

3rdgensooner
11/13/2010, 11:56 PM
We tanked almost as bad after 04 and 08.Not at home

picasso
11/13/2010, 11:57 PM
Not at home

True dat, and we never looked so average on offense. Even with Blomar in the backfield.

Leroy Lizard
11/13/2010, 11:58 PM

Not even close.

sooner ngintunr
11/14/2010, 12:02 AM
Not even close.

understatement of the year.

bigfatjerk
11/14/2010, 12:02 AM
4 and 5 losses is pretty bad. Not as bad as 6 or 7. I can't really think of one as close as those 2.

bigfatjerk
11/14/2010, 12:07 AM
Okay I found one that's going on right now that's probably worse considering the conference they are in.

Cincinnati Bearcats this year. Last 2 years they've gone to and lost BCS games. But still they've gone to BCS games 2 years in a row. They are currently 3-6.

sooner ngintunr
11/14/2010, 12:08 AM

"I won't make makes excuses BUT." "I don't talk smack BUT." The only thing you stupid ****ers do is make excuses and talk smack.

3rdgensooner
11/14/2010, 12:09 AM
Okay I found one that's going on right now that's probably worse considering the conference they are in.

Cincinnati Bearcats this year. Last 2 years they've gone to and lost BCS games. But still they've gone to BCS games 2 years in a row. They are currently 3-6.They had coaching changes.

waynepayne
11/14/2010, 12:11 AM
They had coaching changes.

just so you know, I show you as ahead....

Okie35
11/14/2010, 12:11 AM
They had coaching changes.

Bingo, also the Big East isn't much of a conference anymore.

bigfatjerk
11/14/2010, 12:12 AM
Still that's a pretty big drop off in a bad conference.

Nebraska in 2002 went 7-7 after losing the national title game the year before.

hawaii 5-0
11/14/2010, 12:19 AM
I thought the Baylor loss was exquisitely sweet.

5-0

3rdgensooner
11/14/2010, 12:20 AM
just so you know, I show you as ahead....Look! Up in the road, ahead!

Statalyzer
11/14/2010, 01:14 AM
Seriously I ask: How in the Hell could UT not field a better RB than Fozzy Whittaker?

None of our RBs are great, but all 3 of them are good. They have all done well when they've had decent blocking, and when the play call isn't inanely retarded. That just hasn't happened much.

Our WRs are not good. Jordan Shipley and Quan Cosby drew so much attention that it made everyone else look much better than they were, plus we've lost Brandon Collins and Dan Buckner to off-field issues and those 2 are better than most of the current crop of guys as well.

On offense, we honestly don't have that much talent, I don't care what the recruting rankings say. Part of the problem is the coaching, but part of it is that our guys simple don't have the maturity, desire, or instincts necessary, and coaching can only do so much to change that.

We've had some bad luck too in terms of fumbles. It isn't the main reason, or even one of the main 5 reasons, for being 4-6, but we've forced twice as many fumbles from our opponents as they have from us, and yet our opponents have more total turnovers off of fumbles. The ball always takes the wrong bounce.

The D has a lot of talent - the Acho brothers, Aaron Williams, Keenan Robinson, and sometimes Gideon and Vacarro, but the DTs are pretty sad and get overpowered easily, and our other DBs are all completely incapable of covering an average IM receiver.

Sooner4FCD
11/14/2010, 01:16 AM

Change your name to bigfatidiot

We won bowl games over ranked teams both of these seasons that we "tanked"

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 01:16 AM
Mack would recruit a wheelbarrow if it had a five-star emblem pinned to it. That has to be a part of it.

VA Sooner
11/14/2010, 09:14 AM
Saw their scores over the last few weeks with their losses but didn't know about their injuries. When did Jeffcoat get hurt? Is E. Acho out as well? Haven't heard much... but then again... paying more attention to our games.

XingTheRubicon
11/14/2010, 09:31 AM
someone said last night, (as far as tanking goes) that only 2 teams in the last 100 years have finished in the top 2 and followed that up with a losing record. It last happened in the 50's.

and as far as the UT poster that wrote "Mack has out-coached Bob several times"...well, Texas, in the last 11 years (including this one) has been invited to a higher ranked bowl 2 times. Twice in 11 years. For perspective, Vanderbilt has been to a better bowl twice in the last 11 years over Alabama.

Mack can't even smell Bob's farts.

stoopified
11/14/2010, 11:09 AM
I'll shed a tear for them ....when I quit laughing.

proudsoonergal
11/14/2010, 11:20 AM
Saw their scores over the last few weeks with their losses but didn't know about their injuries. When did Jeffcoat get hurt? Is E. Acho out as well? Haven't heard much... but then again... paying more attention to our games.

Jeffcoat has been out six weeks, I think? "Lingering ankle injury."

E Acho has been banged up for the last few games.

Aaron Williams missed the game against K-State last week due to a concussion caused by colliding with Blake Gideon during the Baylor game.

Goodwin missed the game last night due to his grandmother's funeral.

OU_Sooners75
11/14/2010, 01:08 PM

When you can get so many high school studs as Texas does and not one of them pan out....well...that is just bad coaching!

Mack Brown may be the best guy in the world...but he has surrounded himself with ****ty coaches mainly in Greg Davis and Will Muschamp!

mehip
11/14/2010, 05:28 PM
I haven't heard any rumors or anything else but, I imagine they have a locker room issue or two. But, I don't count on them being down and out like this for more than a year or two (this year included).

mightysooner
11/14/2010, 05:38 PM
Texas' players have cashed it in this season. They're not this bad.

landrun
11/14/2010, 08:46 PM
Texas' players have cashed it in this season. They're not this bad.

I think that's the case too.

But, their backup 5* DTs should be able to get past Iowa State's 2* starters and win a game at home. Fun to watch. :D

CrimsonJim
11/14/2010, 09:03 PM

Oh, and I'm not talking smack on here, but if memory serves, from 2000-2010 OU has won 7 games and the clapper has won 4. Is that the decade you were speaking of?

tulsaoilerfan
11/14/2010, 09:12 PM
Every team, at some point, is due for a drop off; the big question is can they bounce back next season?

swardboy
11/14/2010, 09:16 PM
Are we talking about the Big 12, where Bob Stoops has 6 championships and Slappy Brown has 3?

cyclonesooner
11/15/2010, 12:11 AM
I attended the * - OSU game last nite and it is amazing how far * has fallen. Crowd was shagging out of there in a hurry at halftime. * fans most humble I've ever seen them. They weren't even singing "OU sucks" at the end of their fight song which was refreshing. Their defense looks to be really underachieving IMO. Gilbert took a beating last nite. Pokes looked pretty impressive the first half while interested. Their QB made some impressive throws.

jumperstop
11/15/2010, 12:46 AM
Are we talking about the Big 12, where Bob Stoops has 6 championships and Slappy Brown has 3?

Mack brown has two, texas has three.

Leroy Lizard
11/15/2010, 01:15 AM
What will be the effect on recruiting? I can see players wanting to stay with the team through thick and thin, so just having a down season shouldn't bother them. But how many recruits want to step into a team undergoing turmoil? Not sure.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/15/2010, 01:22 AM
What will be the effect on recruiting? I can see players wanting to stay with the team through thick and thin, so just having a down season shouldn't bother them. But how many recruits want to step into a team undergoing turmoil? Not sure.

really? after the turnaround we did this season with a ton of new freshmen? i don't really see a lot wrong with their analysis except their assumption that broyles would leave didn't pan out.

pbmax542
11/15/2010, 01:29 AM
Check out this vid. We Boomerized a Tech fans house the night before the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpI-bX-f6EQ

Leroy Lizard
11/15/2010, 01:33 AM
really? after the turnaround we did this season with a ton of new freshmen? i don't really see a lot wrong with their analysis except their assumption that broyles would leave didn't pan out.

I'll bite. I was referring to UT.

UTsucks
11/15/2010, 08:11 AM
:pop: :texan: :pop: :texan:

they really do stink this year :P

Soonerwake
11/15/2010, 09:39 AM
I think that's the case too.

But, their backup 5* DTs should be able to get past Iowa State's 2* starters and win a game at home. Fun to watch. :D

Me dos.. And, a team quitting is even worse than a team that isn't very good. There are more problems than talent.

KantoSooner
11/15/2010, 10:25 AM
I'll tell you one thing: the look on Mudchump's stupid face toward the end of the Pokey beat down was priceless. A spoiled little bully getting slapped silly over and over again without a dam thing he could do about it.

Probably went home and beat his family. Loser.

Soonerntxs
11/15/2010, 10:37 AM
* is so bad this year, they have considered selling the upside down whorns tee-shirts!

meoveryouxinfinity
11/15/2010, 10:45 AM
They are bad but they will be better next year.
Then again, they can't get much worse.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/15/2010, 10:55 AM
I'll bite. I was referring to UT.

their are 2 simultaneous problems going on at texas right now.

1. recruiting in the state of texas is borked - i noticed 3 things while i was following recruiting way back when - there is crazy fluctuation from year to year in what type of player could play the game, what type of player ended up the better college athlete, and the talent pool as a whole.

what we see now is that all 3 of these are at ebbs, which is the worst possible case for texas (and correspondingly the best possible case for TCU/Houston/aTm/TTech/pokey state etc). they can't take a bunch of 3 stars even if they wanted too becuase their fan base would cause a riot.

this is also why we were able to last year go outside of OK/TX and pick up guys that came in and made us more competitive than we should have been.

2. they have a young 5* QB at the helm who isn't getting better (see above). if they find another gamer like colt they are right back up there in a hurry. oh wait, colt's brother is on the sidelines but they won't play him.

SunnySooner
11/15/2010, 10:58 AM
This year is just a realization of what a lot of peeps on this board have said for a long time--Mack and co. may be nice folks, but they are crappy football coaches in a program at this level. As we all know, they have the best facilities, the largest budget, first pick from a huge and ridiculously talented recruiting pool, rabid fan base, etc. etc. etc., and very little hardware to show for it. Mack has gotten lucky with a few all-world players, e.g. VY and the loverboys, Colt/Ship, but now that he has "normal" talent, comparable to the rest of the conf., all of his warts are showing, and it ain't pretty.

I know it's just one year, but it seems like our friends in Austin have a lot of deep-rooted and far-reaching issues to deal with in getting their train back on track. Good luck with that!! ;) :D :D :D

SteelClip49
11/15/2010, 11:35 AM
How did this team beat Nebraska again?

Pelini must really feel like crap knowing he could be possibly #1 or #2 in the BCS right now if not for that loss to Texas.

SoonerAtKU
11/15/2010, 11:40 AM
My god, the Texas/TAMU game is going to be epic this year. Texas, assuming they beat FAU, will be playing to be bowl eligible and A&M, assuming they can beat Nebraska at home, will be playing to crush Texas' season and go to the Big XII championship.

High drama.

TUSooner
11/15/2010, 12:00 PM
This year is just a realization of what a lot of peeps on this board have said for a long time--Mack and co. may be nice folks, but they are crappy football coaches in a program at this level. As we all know, they have the best facilities, the largest budget, first pick from a huge and ridiculously talented recruiting pool, rabid fan base, etc. etc. etc., and very little hardware to show for it. Mack has gotten lucky with a few all-world players, e.g. VY and the loverboys, Colt/Ship, but now that he has "normal" talent, comparable to the rest of the conf., all of his warts are showing, and it ain't pretty.

I know it's just one year, but it seems like our friends in Austin have a lot of deep-rooted and far-reaching issues to deal with in getting their train back on track. Good luck with that!! ;) :D :D :D
This ! This !! This !!!

Mack is the same coach who (like Greg "there is no 'O' in Texas" Davis) once coached at my alma mater, perennial bottom 10 contender Tulane. They both stunk noisily at TU which has no budget, recruiting, facilities or anything except a fine education to offer athletes. Squeaky Mack whined and made all excuses and did all the things losers do (and we've seen so many!). His sham coaching was hidden in tejas under all the talent that fell into his lap. But now, tejas fans are seeing exactly the "real deal" and the true Mack Brown -- whining, excuse-making, blame-shifting, and truth-spinning ad nauseam. Dear tejas, please keep Ol' Granny Mack FOREVER!!!
I love it !!!!!

Leroy Lizard
11/15/2010, 04:45 PM
their are 2 simultaneous problems going on at texas right now.

1. recruiting in the state of texas is borked - i noticed 3 things while i was following recruiting way back when - there is crazy fluctuation from year to year in what type of player could play the game, what type of player ended up the better college athlete, and the talent pool as a whole.

what we see now is that all 3 of these are at ebbs, which is the worst possible case for texas (and correspondingly the best possible case for TCU/Houston/aTm/TTech/pokey state etc). they can't take a bunch of 3 stars even if they wanted too becuase their fan base would cause a riot.

this is also why we were able to last year go outside of OK/TX and pick up guys that came in and made us more competitive than we should have been.

2. they have a young 5* QB at the helm who isn't getting better (see above). if they find another gamer like colt they are right back up there in a hurry. oh wait, colt's brother is on the sidelines but they won't play him.

The problem is that UT likes a lot of players for the wrong reason. Simms had his dad. Now Gilbert has his dad plus all those stars. Case has the last name McCoy.

Serious question: If Sam Bradford had decided he wanted to go to UT, would they have taken him and, if they had, would he have landed the starting QB job? My gut instinct says no.

Now, ask the same questions if his name had been Sam Bradshaw.

One more thing: I am not sure that Mack hasn't made far more promises to the parents of these blue chippers then he should. What kind of commitment does GG's dad think Texas has to keeping his kid in as a starter? Not sure, but that could be part of the problem. I think UT went through a little bit of this with Simms as well.

SoonerAtKU
11/15/2010, 04:58 PM
I'm sure it's not the case, but doesn't it feel like there are tons of players at Texas who have a great "story"? Whether it's an NFL pedigree, or a tiny high school, or they're brothers who volunteer out of the country. I doubt that a coach at that level would get snookered by a great story and think more about the stories that Musburger might tell than about football prowess, but it's hard to ignore.

Jackson Jeffcoat seems really good, though. I hope he's the lone bright spot for Texas for the next 3 years.

PLaw
11/15/2010, 05:08 PM
Just goes to show how little the recruitniks know and / or how little Mack's staff can coach?? I mean they have had top 5 recruiting classes for the last five years, right??

BOOMER

PLaw
11/15/2010, 05:13 PM
Just goes to show how little the recruitniks know and / or how little Mack's staff can coach?? I mean they have had top 5 recruiting classes for the last five years, right??

BOOMER

Leroy Lizard
11/15/2010, 05:15 PM
#1, #3, #5, #14, #5 for the past five years according to Rivals. They have beaten us out all but one year.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/15/2010, 05:29 PM
The problem is that UT likes a lot of players for the wrong reason. Simms had his dad. Now Gilbert has his dad plus all those stars. Case has the last name McCoy.

Serious question: If Sam Bradford had decided he wanted to go to UT, would they have taken him and, if they had, would he have landed the starting QB job? My gut instinct says no.

Now, ask the same questions if his name had been Sam Bradshaw.

One more thing: I am not sure that Mack hasn't made far more promises to the parents of these blue chippers then he should. What kind of commitment does GG's dad think Texas has to keeping his kid in as a starter? Not sure, but that could be part of the problem. I think UT went through a little bit of this with Simms as well.

texas wouldn't have offered bradford in a million years. i watched his film and was like "wtf does leach see here?", but i said the same thing when i watched heupel and white's film. bradford looked like he was lobbing the ball and as we found out later he was - because no one could catch it otherwise.

re: sam bradshaw -> yes they would have offered because they would have done more than watch film. once they got him onto campus they would have seen the cannon and offered him.

and therein lies the problem, the most dangerous kids to bring on campus are the superior athletes. because in person, you blind yourself with their athletic ability.

OUthunder
11/15/2010, 06:08 PM
Could you imagine UT having a coach like Saban?

NormanPride
11/15/2010, 06:31 PM
They will eventually. We'll beat them then, too.

SoonerNutt
11/15/2010, 06:48 PM
texas wouldn't have offered bradford in a million years. i watched his film and was like "wtf does leach see here?", but i said the same thing when i watched heupel and white's film. bradford looked like he was lobbing the ball and as we found out later he was - because no one could catch it otherwise.

re: sam bradshaw -> yes they would have offered because they would have done more than watch film. once they got him onto campus they would have seen the cannon and offered him.

and therein lies the problem, the most dangerous kids to bring on campus are the superior athletes. because in person, you blind yourself with their athletic ability.

Sam Bradford was in 6th grade when Leach left for Tech. If Leach was recruiting a 12-year old Bradford in 1999, then he truly was a genius.

jumperstop
11/15/2010, 07:05 PM
Sam Bradford was in 6th grade when Leach left for Tech. If Leach was recruiting a 12-year old Bradford in 1999, then he truly was a genius.

Exactly what I was thinking.

47straight
11/15/2010, 07:09 PM

Tech/Leach offered Sam before we did.

Judge Smails
11/15/2010, 07:31 PM
Tech/Leach offered Sam before we did.

Leach scouted the elementary school playgrounds? That's fugged up....

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/15/2010, 09:47 PM

your smarter than this. for several years, we'd been pursuing ttech QB targets because we sucked so bad at finding them ourselves.

Football Jim
11/15/2010, 10:57 PM
Around 10 years ago the buffs destroyed the corn and somehow the corn played for the NC game where they were destroyed again. Those losses carried over for the next few seasons.
Last year after Colt was injured texas was destroyed in the NC game. They were exposed by the corn in the Big XII title game.

Could be a trend....... Either way, texas sucks and good riddance to the corn.:texan:

AlboSooner
11/15/2010, 10:59 PM
Garret Gilbert is better than he has shown so far. He has a strong arm, but often his passes end up in the arms of the opposing team.

silverwheels
11/15/2010, 11:17 PM
Gilbert probably is better than what we've seen. Texas has zero playmakers on offense. None.

sooner ngintunr
11/15/2010, 11:26 PM
Gilbert could be better than we've seen and still be dog****, because right now he is complete dog****.

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2010, 12:24 AM
I thought he played okay against OSU. The rest of the team sucks.

thurman murman
11/16/2010, 08:38 AM
someone said last night, (as far as tanking goes) that only 2 teams in the last 100 years have finished in the top 2 and followed that up with a losing record. It last happened in the 50's.

and as far as the UT poster that wrote "Mack has out-coached Bob several times"...well, Texas, in the last 11 years (including this one) has been invited to a higher ranked bowl 2 times. Twice in 11 years. For perspective, Vanderbilt has been to a better bowl twice in the last 11 years over Alabama.

Mack can't even smell Bob's farts.

excellent post.

I like the Vandy/Bama comparison. I will use that on my horn friends in a few months when they decide to call me again.

I haven't spoken to them since the ut/nebraska game. I hope they are OK.

SoonerAtKU
11/16/2010, 10:17 AM
your smarter than this. for several years, we'd been pursuing ttech QB targets because we sucked so bad at finding them ourselves.

I wonder if we could pay leach to do some scouting for us again. Officially, this time. =)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/16/2010, 11:49 AM
I wonder if we could pay leach to do some scouting for us again. Officially, this time. =)

honestly, if i owned a professional team i'd hire the guy as a consultant just for QBs. the guy understands the mental side of what it takes to be a great quarterback. there for a while at tech he managed to play 4 5th year seniors in a row. the chances of that happening at OU are just north of 0%.

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2010, 12:02 PM
honestly, if i owned a professional team i'd hire the guy as a consultant just for QBs. the guy understands the mental side of what it takes to be a great quarterback. there for a while at tech he managed to play 4 5th year seniors in a row.

And for four straight years we talked about how ****ty they were.

SoonerAtKU
11/16/2010, 12:15 PM
No, for four straight years they led or were close to tops in the nation in yards, tds, completion %ages, QB ratings, etc...

Say what you want about his system and how it does or doesn't translate to championships, but you can't argue that he knew what kind of player he needed to run it and went out and got those guys every time.

Leroy Lizard
11/16/2010, 12:20 PM
No, for four straight years they led or were close to tops in the nation in yards, tds, completion %ages, QB ratings, etc...

Yeah, and we talked about how ****ty they were. "It's the system. Any QB can do well in it. All you do is dink and dunk. Sure he has a bunch of yards, but he sucks." I heard it back then all the time.

Do I agree with it? No. But it just goes to show you how our perceptions automatically change when it comes time to engage in yet another bizarre Leach love fest.

mojohornfan
11/16/2010, 12:30 PM
"I won't make makes excuses BUT." "I don't talk smack BUT." The only thing you stupid ****ers do is make excuses and talk smack.

Truly laughable....pot meet kettle.

Yeah, we suck. I'm hoping for certain coaches to ride off into the sunset.

NormanPride
11/16/2010, 12:43 PM
Whatever you do, don't let Mad Dog go. That guy is hilarious to watch waddle around on the sidelines. :D