PDA

View Full Version : If Mike Gundy wins Coach of the Year

cleller
11/13/2010, 09:55 PM
Should he:

1. Keep the trophy, he deserves to have something to look at, since there are probably no other trophies around there.

2. Give it to Boone, for obvious reasons.

3. Give it to Boone to give to Holgorsen.

picasso
11/13/2010, 09:59 PM
Give it to Taylor Weeden. That dude has saved their ***.

Boomer.....
11/13/2010, 10:04 PM
Give it to Justin Blackmon. That dude has saved their ***.

I know, right.

soonerinkaty
11/13/2010, 10:08 PM
I wouldn't be upset if he won it. I can give respect when respect is due. He's done a hell of a job with this years squad. That said, screw 'em all.

picasso
11/13/2010, 10:09 PM
I know, right.

Blackmon is a talent but without a QB he isn't catching any balls.

The Gods have blessed the Pokes this season with a few surprise players and league parity.

Which makes the idea of our beating their asses in a few weeks all the better.

Soonrboy
11/13/2010, 10:09 PM
he should lay off the tanning lotion until after the awards presentation.

ouwasp
11/13/2010, 10:17 PM
I wouldn't be upset if he won it. I can give respect when respect is due. He's done a hell of a job with this years squad. That said, screw 'em all.

Well said. If I were around Gundy and his players I might feel differently... but since I'm just "blessed" with being around a buncha ornery poke fans, I want 'em to lose perpetually....

Boomer.....
11/13/2010, 11:03 PM
Blackmon is a talent but without a QB he isn't catching any balls.

The Gods have blessed the Pokes this season with a few surprise players and league parity.

Which makes the idea of our beating their asses in a few weeks all the better.

A lot of the time Weeden is just throwing the ball up and Blackmon makes a great catch.

soonercastor
11/13/2010, 11:31 PM
I thought Brian Kelly already had this...

SOONER44EVER
11/14/2010, 12:01 AM
He deserves it. He's a MAN, he's 40. :)

picasso
11/14/2010, 12:03 AM
A lot of the time Weeden is just throwing the ball up and Blackmon makes a great catch.

I agree but tonight he was impressive.

MiccoMacey
11/14/2010, 12:27 AM
Not one person outside of Stillwater thought OSU would be good this year. They have surpassed any possible expectations anyone could have had for them (except maybe Robert Allen).

He deserves it as much as anyone.

And Holgorsen will probably be on the short list for Assistant COY honors.

RacerX
11/14/2010, 08:32 AM
Holgorsen will be a head coach next season.

ouflak
11/14/2010, 09:08 AM
Not one person outside of Stillwater thought OSU would be good this year.

I'm not even sure anybody inside of Stillwater thought they had much of a chance to do anything special this year. No doubt, their schedule hasn't been the toughest and the conference seems a bit down at the moment. But they've capitalized so far, where often they would have simply melted back into their natural state of oblivion. Gotta give them credit for that.

Gundy for COY? ...
Well ... I guess given the expectations, and the fact that even if we beat them, they are almost certain to have a 10-win season,.... What other team has surpassed expectations like this? I can't think of any too obvious. Auburn maybe? San Diego State? If FSU wins out and clinches the title game? Hmmmm... COY awards tend towards team that do better than expected.

I think the trophy should definitely be the center piece of their trophy case. There should be pictures and posters of players, and moments from the season and footballs laying all around it so that anybody passing by will realize that in fact, yes, this trophy does actually have something do with the sport of football.