PDA

View Full Version : SF sure is quiet tonight after a win

soonercastor
11/13/2010, 07:55 PM
Congrats to our 17 seniors playing hard today!

Okie35
11/13/2010, 08:00 PM
Yea, and everyone expected this win. I didn't think Tech would only score 7 though. We need to bring this show on the road.

soonercastor
11/13/2010, 08:02 PM
Yeah I predicted a 52-0 win :D, guess we gave them that TD instead

Sam.England
11/13/2010, 08:05 PM
Last time we get to see DM running wild at home, thanks for the memories and the TD's!!!

Ground_Attack
11/13/2010, 08:07 PM
nobody to fire lol

tcrb
11/13/2010, 08:10 PM
nobody to fire lol

This

Leroy Lizard
11/13/2010, 08:22 PM
The anti-KW and anti-BV crowd is pissed tonight.

SoonerLB
11/13/2010, 08:26 PM
Not too many here, kinda like the stands in the 4th quarter. As a fan that watched the game on TV, I found it a little disappointing to see a half empty stadium shown repeatedly on the screen late in the game. Not exactly a fitting tribute to those senior players, or the team in general IMHO.
Soooo ........, I guess we could fire half the fan base. ;)

silverwheels
11/13/2010, 08:27 PM

How? They did what they always do at home: dominate. Let's see that kind of performance on the road.

Actually, let's just see the team not play like total **** on the road and start there.

SouthFortySooner
11/13/2010, 08:38 PM

Steam was let out of their sails. Must suck to sitting at home suckin on their thumbs with nothing to complain about.

But, GUARANTEED, they'll fire up on the, 'we can't play well on the road' wail of doooooom!

SouthFortySooner
11/13/2010, 08:39 PM
Steam was let out of their sails. Must suck to sitting at home suckin on their thumbs with nothing to complain about.

But, GUARANTEED, they'll fire up on the, 'we can't play well on the road' wail of doooooom!

Woops. To late.

oumartin
11/13/2010, 08:41 PM
typical home game. Next week will probably be a typical away game where they lose. It's becoming common and expected and I guess accepted around here.

silverwheels
11/13/2010, 08:42 PM
Woops. To late.

At least you can admit you're slow.

typical home game. Next week will probably be a typical away game where they lose. It's becoming common and expected and I guess accepted around here.

Pretty much.

delhalew
11/13/2010, 08:48 PM
Been too busy whippin up a lasagna for the kids.

It was a good game...except for injuries. If they take that show on the road...even against Baylor, I'll be satisfied...till the next game in Stillwater. Then I will expect them to do it again.

In fact, I will be happy if I don't see any half-hearted play or hung heads in the first quarter...much lesss the fourth.

CarolinaSoonerFan
11/13/2010, 09:13 PM
I think that we have shot ourselves in the foot the last two road games.
@ Missouri we gave up the TD run on the kickoff
@ A&M we got a stupid penalty on the KO and then had a bad snap

We get rattled and behind and its hard for us to shake it off and play with the same confidence and intensity that we do at home.

Plus the fact that the coaches refuse to slow things down when needed in scoring situations so that the right people can be put on the field.

Sooner98
11/13/2010, 09:14 PM
Awesome win today. Now, to go and make the Baylor and OSU defenses look like the '85 Bears, since we will be playing somewhere other than Norman, to complete our 8-win regular season. Yay!

Sooner98
11/13/2010, 09:16 PM
By the way, Baylor just put up 30 points, and 368 yards in the first half against the very same defense that shut us out in the first half, just one week ago today. But I guess if you have a problem with this, then you are not a true Sooner fan.

Okie35
11/13/2010, 09:33 PM
By the way, Baylor just put up 30 points, and 368 yards in the first half against the very same defense that shut us out in the first half, just one week ago today. But I guess if you have a problem with this, then you are not a true Sooner fan.

There shouldn't be a problem. Our team is better.

StoopTroup
11/13/2010, 09:36 PM
Having a bit of dinner at Campus Corner and celebrating this great win today for our Team. We took control before half and held our ground in the 2nd half.

BOOMER SOONER ! ! !

SoonerDood
11/13/2010, 09:39 PM

You had to know they would! EatmE doesn't give a **** about Baylor! Everyone only cares about beating OU!

waynepayne
11/13/2010, 09:40 PM

Memories seem to be short when needed.

Leroy Lizard
11/13/2010, 10:49 PM
How? They did what they always do at home: dominate. Let's see that kind of performance on the road.

So there's still hope for you guys.

silverwheels
11/13/2010, 10:50 PM
My hope is that we come out against Baylor and look good and win.

Leroy Lizard
11/13/2010, 10:51 PM
By the way, Baylor just put up 30 points, and 368 yards in the first half against the very same defense that shut us out in the first half, just one week ago today.

That **** means nothing. Every week in college football some team is putting up unreal numbers against a team that blew someone out the week before.

SoonerBacker
11/13/2010, 11:07 PM

And what did Baylor do against that aTm team in the second half? Guess the Ags just reversed which half they came to play this week.......

MeMyself&Me
11/13/2010, 11:07 PM
Not too many here, kinda like the stands in the 4th quarter. As a fan that watched the game on TV, I found it a little disappointing to see a half empty stadium shown repeatedly on the screen late in the game. Not exactly a fitting tribute to those senior players, or the team in general IMHO.
Soooo ........, I guess we could fire half the fan base. ;)

That's how felt when I kept seeing that. This while I was wearing my 'come early, stay late, be loud' shirt.

Fellas, if you ain't gonna stay and support the team, give your tickets to a fan that will!

CatfishSooner
11/14/2010, 12:46 AM
tru dat

badger
11/14/2010, 12:49 AM
NP and I stayed till the final tick. It was cold, but at least it wasn't sunburning weather (yes, I sorta have red hair and light skin). It was fun, even if it was expected.

3rdgensooner
11/14/2010, 12:50 AM
Soooo ........, I guess we could fire half the fan base. ;)So you watched it on Tivo after you left the game?

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 02:24 AM
NP and I stayed till the final tick. It was cold, but at least it wasn't sunburning weather (yes, I sorta have red hair and light skin). It was fun, even if it was expected.

I like red hair and light skin. Is NP in town?

SOONER44EVER
11/14/2010, 02:50 AM

We won't lose next week. There is too big a talent differential. The week after that might be different though. :(

MamaMia
11/14/2010, 04:46 AM
Winning at home against Tech was nice, however the two losses and the sloppy wins have left me with too many concerns to feel all jovial.

SunnySooner
11/14/2010, 08:49 AM
Winning at home against Tech was nice, however the two losses and the sloppy wins have left me with too many concerns to feel all jovial.

Listen to your mother.

BajaOklahoma
11/14/2010, 10:09 AM
We stayed for the entire game. Even though I dressed for cold weather, it was very cold when people left in the 4th. As long as fans were in the stands, it was survivable.
We always stay to the end. And 4 hour drive back home.

And there were a lot of older people in our section at the end of the game - many of the younger ones left early in the 4th.

See you at the Baylor game. I've got to start working on our tailgate menu.

adoniijahsooner
11/14/2010, 10:23 AM
I like red hair and light skin. Is NP in town?

It's funny you always say there is nothing lower than a thief, but you are attempting to be a coochie crook.

"man do not despise a thief if he steal to satisfy his soul when he is hungry: but if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance of his house.

But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul. A wound and dishonour shall he get; and his reproach shall not be wiped away.

For jealousy is the rage of man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance."

SoonerLB
11/14/2010, 10:49 AM
Leroy a coochie crook . . . . . . . . who'd a thunk it? :D

Leroy Lizard
11/15/2010, 12:09 AM
It's funny you always say there is nothing lower than a thief, but you are attempting to be a coochie crook.

"man do not despise a thief if he steal to satisfy his soul when he is hungry: but if he be found, he shall restore sevenfold; he shall give all the substance of his house.

But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul. A wound and dishonour shall he get; and his reproach shall not be wiped away.

For jealousy is the rage of man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance."

Look, I think there's been a misunderstanding. I'm only religious when it suits my statist desires to inflict my own will on others.

badger
11/15/2010, 11:06 AM

I just cannot be happy if the board's matriarch isn't, so let me cheer you up.

Even if we lose every game we play the rest of the season, Texas will end with a worse record than us.

Feel better, Mama? :)

Crucifax Autumn
11/15/2010, 11:12 AM
We'll be football GODS!!!!!

OUmillenium
11/15/2010, 12:33 PM
If Wilson goes back to bubble screenfest against Baylor and lOSUr, we will be in trouble.

If Venables rushes 3-4 the whole game v Baylor and lOSUr, we will be in trouble.

Place your bets. And the buck stops at the top with Bob.

I hope we crush everybody the rest of the way.

StoopTroup
11/15/2010, 01:32 PM
If we outscore Baylor and the pokes I think that we'll still have some folks predicting a loss in Dallas at the Big XII CG. I'm just preparing to watch the Baylor Game at this point. Saturday was a blast.

C&CDean
11/15/2010, 03:38 PM

Hey marty. Go **** yourself. A player drops a touchdown and you wanna fire the coach. How stupid is that? You think the people who actually watch the games and see what's going on "accept" what's happening? Hell no, we hate it as much as you. Only difference is you and a couple other troglodytes want somebody's head every time. I just wanna win. When these freshmen grow up a little and we start smoking everybody on the road who you gonna hate then? I'm sure you'll find something to rant about. It's in your nature to be a bitch.