PDA

View Full Version : Feature Back for next year

CarolinaSoonerFan
11/13/2010, 04:26 PM
I know we still have a lot of this season remaining but, with Finch looking so good I can't resist. Do you think anyone will step up and challenge Mr. Finch to be the feature back next season? I expected to see more from Miller this year is he redshirting?

Boomer38Sooner
11/13/2010, 05:17 PM
Its looking like Finch will be the #1 guy, with Brennan Clay filling in the back up role. Maybe we'll see a little Jonathan Miller or Jermie Calhoun (coming off injury). We also have some nice looking freshmen coming in

Widescreen
11/13/2010, 05:32 PM
Yeah, it'll be Finch and Clay as #1 and #2. J Miller will likely get good playing time though if he's completely healed.

Boomer.....
11/13/2010, 05:48 PM
Yeah, it'll be Finch and Clay as #1 and #2. J Miller will likely get good playing time though if he's completely healed.

This. Calhoun and Miller will also get some snaps.

silverwheels
11/13/2010, 05:56 PM
If Calhoun is healthy he might see the field. That was a pretty catastrophic knee injury he suffered against Colorado.

TheMind__Gap
11/13/2010, 08:34 PM
Miller will be number 2.

Al Gore
11/13/2010, 08:45 PM
Brandon Williams should be in the mix....

CarolinaSoonerFan
11/13/2010, 09:02 PM
Miller will be number 2.

Really, you think that he will beat out Clay? Then again he did look pretty good last year, but not as good as Finch has this year.

CarolinaSoonerFan
11/13/2010, 09:03 PM
Brandon Williams should be in the mix....

Isn't he coming in during the spring? If so he will defiantly be in the mix. It's nice to be this loaded at RB.

jmillerfan
11/14/2010, 10:13 AM
Really, you think that he will beat out Clay? Then again he did look pretty good last year, but not as good as Finch has this year.

He never got the chances Finch got this year mainly because of Chris Brown being here I'm assuming you put Finch in last years offense he would have had the same amount of carries as Miller if you ask me. It's more a timing thing. Unless you are saying our coaching staff would have played Finch over Brown, Murray, Madu and Calhoun last year.

Listen first off I won't get into really saying my son is better than any other kid that plays on this team at the running back position but I think some of you guys need to maybe look at the complete picture before getting to some of your post. I take nothing from Finch he is damn good. Clay is a good player but insert those two players in last years backfield and tell me if they get more chances than Calhoun and Miller last year?

Jonathon made a decision to redshirt this year in part to get better as a player and also heal. It had nothing to do with his ability to play this year. Prior to the start of the season it was reported that Murray would get the lion's share of the load and after the first game it was pretty much all J needed to see to say he was going to redshirt (he pretty much felt like he'd be in the same situation as last year). He had already been in that position from last year. Not a selfish player but understanding the pecking order from that moment for him was pretty important and not really wanting to waste a year. I think the competition for playing time will be fierce next year at RB however we have already seen what one injury can do to the position. My heart goes out to Calhoun and I hope he recovers in time to get back in the race. I know for J it's been a trying year. I can't imagine having to sit out two years that being the case of Calhoun if he can't make it back. I think it makes the race for the FBNY a good one.

85sooners
11/14/2010, 10:26 AM
:pop:

jmillerfan
11/14/2010, 10:34 AM
:pop:

LOL...naaaa trust me you have to know me to understand. If you were to ask who the comedian of the team was they'd point to my son and we all know the saying the "apple don't fall far from the tree". I would never allow myself to get into some muck. I just love the game of football and like to point out some things I see personally. As long as the kid stay on course and obtains his degree I'm completely fine with that. I had dreams of playing pro ball as most did but didn't work out however education allowed me a head start especially when coming from such and impoverished childhood. My kid usually reminds me of what he's at OU to do first, lol. He's moving well into his junior year after this semester. Kudos J-Mill believe me I'm just as proud about that as I would be him being the FBNY.