PDA

View Full Version : Windows Phone

OklaPony
11/12/2010, 05:46 PM
Anybody out there jump into this platform yet? I've been on the brink of going Android with the Samsung Captivate but the new WP has me rethinking everything.

NormanPride
11/12/2010, 06:07 PM
I think it's bombing in the US, honestly.

GottaHavePride
11/12/2010, 11:51 PM
Android phones are outselling blackberry AND iPhone right now.

delhalew
11/12/2010, 11:59 PM
Android...HTC EVO...full flash...best I've ever had for tethering my laptop. Big screen, HDMI...I don't like touch screen, but this phone is worth it. Any windows phone would have to blow me to get me to switch.

Also Texas has 4G in most major cities (even Wichita Falls) on the Sprint network. Kind of glitchy getting it going, but I got good speed tethering way outside WF in Jolly.

StoopTroup
11/13/2010, 12:05 AM
get all 3 and after 6 months throw two of tehm in the lake.

GottaHavePride
11/13/2010, 12:05 AM
I think the EVO is consumer report's top-rated smartphone.

They refuse to recommend the iPhone 4 because Apple is making consumers responsible to purchase a case to remedy the design flaw in the antenna.

delhalew
11/13/2010, 01:41 AM
I think the EVO is consumer report's top-rated smartphone.

They refuse to recommend the iPhone 4 because Apple is making consumers responsible to purchase a case to remedy the design flaw in the antenna.

I've never been more pleased with a phone than I am with the EVO. The only problem is the keyboard software tries constantly to "repair" your "mistakes".

UPSIDE. You can text without even looking and it will come out close to what you meant.
DOWNSIDE. If you type a lot of profanity or words that aren't actually "words". You end up with some strange messages until the software learns that you are a potty mouth that likes acronyms.

proud gonzo
11/14/2010, 02:35 AM
i have an HTC Touch 2 with windows mobile. meh, s'alright

SicEmBaylor
11/14/2010, 02:39 AM
The EVO is gigantic. That's my biggest problem with it.

RacerX
11/14/2010, 08:38 AM
Has Microsoft after let you down???:eddie:

GrapevineSooner
11/14/2010, 09:35 AM
Has Microsoft after let you down???:eddie:

Before, it has. ;)

RacerX
11/14/2010, 01:04 PM
Before, it has. ;)

Wow, I was sober when I typed that. I have no idea what brain fart seized me.:O

RacerX
11/14/2010, 01:05 PM
Has Microsoft ever let you down???:eddie:

yermom
11/14/2010, 01:32 PM
i'm not about to trust that i'd like some new Microsoft phone enough to get a likely 2 year contract to try it

it's going to have to be pretty damn awesome for me to dump iOS for

GottaHavePride
11/14/2010, 01:46 PM
The EVO is gigantic. That's my biggest problem with it.

??? What are you, a leprechaun? It's basically the same size as an iPhone.

CrimsonJim
11/14/2010, 03:23 PM
Has Microsoft ever let you down???:eddie:

That would be an affirmative, Ghost Rider. ;)

proud gonzo
11/14/2010, 03:25 PM
??? What are you, a leprechaun? It's basically the same size as an iPhone.Dude, have you met SicEm? The MotoMini bluetooth would be too big for him.

OnlyOneOklahoma
11/14/2010, 03:51 PM
I am using my PDC version given out a few weeks ago and I love it. I am nit going back to my iPhone 4. the platform can only go up. Try the integrated Facebook contact list, it will blow your mind.

SicEmBaylor
11/14/2010, 05:12 PM
I am using my PDC version given out a few weeks ago and I love it. I am nit going back to my iPhone 4. the platform can only go up. Try the integrated Facebook contact list, it will blow your mind.

WebOS has had this feature for years.

A Sooner in Texas
11/14/2010, 05:52 PM
I'm only 5 feet tall, with correspondingly small hands, and I don't have a problem carrying my Evo. It's a great phone. And I like the fact that the keyboard (I don't use the stock keyboard; I downloaded Smart Keyboard) autocorrects because I can text that much faster. But then again, I don't text naughty words. ;)

BajaOklahoma
11/14/2010, 06:07 PM
I've had my Captivate since August and love it. One of my sons is cosidering a new phone, but wants a real keyboard like his blackberry has. I'm trying to convince him that swipe is fast and easy - even I can do it.

GottaHavePride
11/14/2010, 08:12 PM

My Driod does that. Syncs all my contacts both with my Gmail account AND facebook.

RacerX
11/15/2010, 11:15 AM

Probably weighs twice as much as he does.

jumperstop
11/15/2010, 11:26 AM
I've had my Captivate since August and love it. One of my sons is cosidering a new phone, but wants a real keyboard like his blackberry has. I'm trying to convince him that swipe is fast and easy - even I can do it.

Swype ftw!!!
I have the Sprint Epic 4g and it is probably the best phone you can buy for Sprint. It is basically the same size and weight as the Evo but has a **** ton more memory, has swype, full qwerty keyboard, plus everything the Evo has except and HDMI and really who cares about having your phone stretch an image and make it look all distorted on your tv. The only thing that pisses me off is it was supposed to have flash by now but the update has yet to come...

jumperstop
11/15/2010, 11:27 AM
My Driod does that. Syncs all my contacts both with my Gmail account AND facebook.

Pretty much every phone does that nowadays. In fact android has to be sync'd with your g-mail to even work.

The
11/15/2010, 11:36 AM
I have a windows phone.

It has Solitare and Excel.

I hate my phone.

sooneron
11/15/2010, 11:40 AM

Girlie hands...

sooneron
11/15/2010, 11:43 AM
I have a windows phone.

It has Solitare and Excel.

I hate my phone.
No mine sweeper?:(

NormanPride
11/15/2010, 11:44 AM
Tell us more, The. Does it hit you? I bet when it calculates tips it rounds up, too.

The
11/15/2010, 12:05 PM
No mine sweeper?:(

No Free Cell, either. It has something stupid and pointless called Teeter. I believe it's purpose is to mock you for wanting an iphone or android with real motion sensitive games.

Tell us more, The. Does it hit you? I bet when it calculates tips it rounds up, too.

It came with barrel rolls and a free wii controller strap.

NormanPride
11/15/2010, 12:16 PM
At least it's not kinect compatible...