PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Fans...who ya want?

Collier11
11/12/2010, 05:14 PM
Im not now nor will I ever be a Cowboys fan but in my opinion, you gotta hope for Gruden.

The guys personality would fit the Dallas spotlight, he is strong enough to get the players attention and Jerry Jones, but savvy enough to not make it a struggle with Jones. Legit resume, legit big name.

And youre not getting Cowher by all reports so lets leave him out...who do you think?

Sooner95
11/12/2010, 06:37 PM
Can't stand the cowboys either...but Gruden would probably make the most sense.

If Garret goes 5-3 though, does he get the job?

Scott D
11/12/2010, 07:35 PM
not a cowboys fan but they should just cut all pretenses and Jerry Jones should hire himself.

setem
11/12/2010, 08:54 PM
Switzer!

texaspokieokie
11/13/2010, 08:48 AM
john blake

GrapevineSooner
11/13/2010, 11:10 AM
Im not now nor will I ever be a Cowboys fan but in my opinion, you gotta hope for Gruden.

The guys personality would fit the Dallas spotlight, he is strong enough to get the players attention and Jerry Jones, but savvy enough to not make it a struggle with Jones. Legit resume, legit big name.

And youre not getting Cowher by all reports so lets leave him out...who do you think?

I'm assuming you're saying the Cowboys wouldn't get Cowher because he'd demand full control. Something Jerry Jones simply isn't going to give up.

What makes you think Gruden wouldn't demand the same thing?

ouleaf
11/14/2010, 12:50 PM
Gruden has had success under a similar owner in Al Davis. He also came into a Tampa Bay team that had pieces in place and took them to a Super Bowl win by injecting his personality into the team. I think Gruden is the ideal fit for the Cowboys at this point.

Garrett has to win and win right now to have any chance. Unfortunately his first test is against prob. the best team in the NFC in the Giants. I'm thinking the only way he holds on to the job next year is Jerry with the potential lockout looming.

I think another good fight might be John Harbaugh at Stanford. Comes from a football family and he's a tough, no non-sense coach that will command the team and won't be afraid to discipline his players for poor performance.

Collier11
11/14/2010, 01:57 PM
I'm assuming you're saying the Cowboys wouldn't get Cowher because he'd demand full control. Something Jerry Jones simply isn't going to give up.

What makes you think Gruden wouldn't demand the same thing?

Im saying they wont get him cus people who are apparently in the know say that he is holding out for the Bears job

Knippz
11/14/2010, 02:57 PM
Pull Dungy out of retirement by offering him the highest paid contract in the NFL.

And get Ingram from the draft, ditch Barber.