PDA

View Full Version : Politics in America

StoopTroup
11/12/2010, 03:26 PM
Seems it's being reported by the National Media that both sides realize the American People want something done and that they want both sides to compromise instead of fight. A sort of leveling the playing field neutrally without making either side responsible for the changes come Election time. At that time they can argue over what they think the future holds but for now...if you don't look like your a part of fixing things....your gonna get hammered come election time.

Political posturing is sure to continue but possibly a stalemate on certain issues could be reached.

Some polls say 72% of Ameicans in each party think compromise should be expected by the folks in office.

Think it will happen?

Would it be good if it happened?

Screw it...we're all doomed?

What say you?

StoopTroup
11/12/2010, 04:35 PM
LOL...no takers? :D

Ike
11/12/2010, 04:50 PM
Polls also show that most Americans, by large margins,:
A) Want to balance the budget
B) Oppose spending cuts
C) Oppose tax increases

In other words, the poll-responding public really has no idea what it really wants.

3rdgensooner
11/12/2010, 04:51 PM
1 in 10 have ADHD.

bigfatjerk
11/12/2010, 04:53 PM
Polls also show that most Americans, by large margins,:
A) Want to balance the budget
B) Oppose spending cuts
C) Oppose tax increases
I think more and more are turning around on spending cuts. That's what the entire tea party thing is about. Spending is basically the same thing as taxing. If you spend like we have the last few decades all that money is just basically coming from future taxes.

Ike
11/12/2010, 05:00 PM
I think more and more are turning around on spending cuts. That's what the entire tea party thing is about. Spending is basically the same thing as taxing. If you spend like we have the last few decades all that money is just basically coming from future taxes.

Well, everyone is there on spending cuts for things that really don't take up much of the budget in the first place. But when you start asking them about real things that will actually make a difference, not so much.

Do you support raising the SS retirement age or cutting benefits? Most (by large margins) say NO
Do you support cutting Medicare benefits? Most (by large margins) say NO
Do you support cutting defense spending? Most (by large margins) say NO.

You don't get to meaningful spending cuts without addressing the big 3.

Blue
11/12/2010, 05:20 PM
I think more conservatives are getting tired of the endless, unwinnable wars. We could all agree on that and save a bunch of money, but TPTB don't want to stop empire building.

bigfatjerk
11/12/2010, 05:33 PM
Well, everyone is there on spending cuts for things that really don't take up much of the budget in the first place. But when you start asking them about real things that will actually make a difference, not so much.

Do you support raising the SS retirement age or cutting benefits? Most (by large margins) say NO
Do you support cutting Medicare benefits? Most (by large margins) say NO
Do you support cutting defense spending? Most (by large margins) say NO.

You don't get to meaningful spending cuts without addressing the big 3.

I'm for all of those eventually. And replacing SS and Medicare with private companies. But we should have been pushing SS back for decades. When it was created SS was for the same age group as now. But the life expectancy was about 60. We should have been pushing the age for SS back for decades with the increase of life expectancy. Now any changes we make will probably hurt some but it'll be necessary.

I think we can start cutting in military a lot sooner. For example we have about 100 thousand troops in Europe. It's probably closer to about 80 or 70k but still far too many. Also we don't use our defense where we should. The biggest thing we need for our defense right now is for our borders. If we don't secure our borders then the war on terror stuff is useless. I'm for getting out of Iraq and Afghanistan and for that matter Korea at this point. But I'm realistic enough to see that won't happen.

Breadburner
11/12/2010, 05:44 PM
The Dems had to get Butt-****ed by an elephant before they realized there was a problem....

Serge Ibaka
11/12/2010, 06:48 PM
The Dems had to get Butt-****ed by an elephant before they realized there was a problem....

yawn.

Short memory? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2008

It's just like the seasons, man.

Breadburner
11/12/2010, 07:27 PM
yawn.

Short memory? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2008

It's just like the seasons, man.

Not as short as yours.....Lmaaaaaooooo...!!!

tommieharris91
11/12/2010, 08:37 PM
Know what else both the right and the left want?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kxPG6y8Qctk/Si_5R8tCu4I/AAAAAAAAIHE/NjF8xbHVf0M/s400/Adolf+Hitler+2.jpg
Comparisons to this kid.