PDA

View Full Version : Bartlesville woman charged in baby's death

mgsooner
11/12/2010, 01:16 PM
Bartlesville woman charged in baby's death
by: LAURA SUMMERS World Correspondent
Friday, November 12, 2010

BARTLESVILLE - A 26-year-old Bartlesville woman charged with child neglect in the death of a 10-day-old baby found in a washing machine appeared briefly Friday in Washington County District Court.

Lyndsey Dawn Fiddler, who is facing a felony charge in the Nov. 4 death of Maggie May Trammel, announced she applied this week for a court-appointed attorney. The charge against Fiddler states her drug use contributed to the baby’s death.

District Attorney Rick Esser has said additional charges could be filed in the case.

Police and prosecutors are waiting for reports from the State Medical Examiner’s Office determining the exact cause of the baby’s death. Authorities responded to a 911 call at the home on the night of the baby’s death with a report the infant’s body had been found in a washing machine that had just completed its spin cycle.

Medical tests showed Fiddler had in her system at the time of her arrest methamphetamine, amphtemine, opiates and benzodiazepine. Fiddler returns to court on Dec. 3.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20101112_11_0_BARTLE847528

http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2010/20101112_fiddler1111112.jpg

sooner59
11/12/2010, 01:20 PM
I say contract out with Maytag to build a big washing machine and let this b**** have a turn for a spin cycle. But make sure she is completely sober.

mgsooner
11/12/2010, 01:23 PM
I am kind of dumbfounded by the charge. Only child neglect? If she did in fact put the baby in the washing machine and press the button, how does she only get charged with child neglect and not a far more severe charge?

Viking Kitten
11/12/2010, 01:34 PM
That ugly **** had a baby less than three weeks ago. I'm thinking the only way she could possibly be that skinny is if she was using drugs while pregnant.

I'd really like to hit her in the face with a baseball bat, but I wouldn't to do her looks any favors. I hope she gets killed in prison.

NormanPride
11/12/2010, 01:38 PM
In the old days these people were killed to avoid the drain on society. Now we are consumed with the idea of rehabilitation. I guess it's worth spending the time on 100 worthless causes if we get one that goes back into society as a good citizen...

Jammin'
11/12/2010, 01:45 PM
If the lady was incredibly doped up for the entire pregnancy, this kid was not going to help society. Win/Win I say.

Probably not good on the washing machine though.

Viking Kitten
11/12/2010, 01:47 PM
I'm all for alternatives to incarceration for drug offenders. But when you've reached the point where your addiction causes you to put your baby in a washing machine and turn it on, I think we can safely say you're past the point of rehabilitation and just need to be taken out and shot.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2010, 02:31 PM
If the lady was incredibly doped up for the entire pregnancy, this kid was not going to help society. Win/Win I say.

wow

sooner59
11/12/2010, 06:11 PM
She is only 26???

Don't do drugs kids.

Leroy Lizard
11/12/2010, 08:37 PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2010/20101112_fiddler1111112.jpg

Now I ask you: Does this look like the face of a woman who would hurt her child?

Penguin
11/12/2010, 09:14 PM
Silly lady. She should have put it on the delicate cycle.

It's only common sense.

A Sooner in Texas
11/12/2010, 11:18 PM
In the county where I live, she'd probably be up on capital murder charges. Yes, Texas does rock occasionally. And yes, Texas probably does go a bit overboard on capital murder at times, but in a case like this, I'd say it's probably deserved.
And the reason I think she'd be facing capital murder here is because capital murder can be charged when the victim is a child 6 or younger. I'm covering a trial right now where the defendant is accused of beating his 3-year-old son, causing severe internal injuries that led to the boy's death. The father (actually, he and his wife had custody of the child, who was the son of the wife's sister who died) was frustrated for being the primary caretaker for six kids 7 years and younger, while the wife would sleep through the day.The boy made a mess, the father "spanked" him.
There are other circumstances that cause me to wonder if the jury can find beyond a reasonable doubt for capital murder. He also is charged with first-degree felony injury to a child, and I can see that. Capital murder? maybe not.
But I probably wouldn't have a problem with giving this bitch capital murder.

SunnySooner
11/12/2010, 11:54 PM
The joke of fate that makes people like that extremely fertile, while thousands of loving, stable, non-druggie couples struggle to get pregnant/have kids is something that is very hard for me to understand.

I remember a show I saw once on a death row inmate. He was one of 13 children, 7 of whom were in prison, and 2 of whom were on death row. How bad of a parent do you have to be to end up with kids like that?!?!? And why are people like that so damn fertile? Beyond my feeble understanding.

Leroy Lizard
11/13/2010, 02:29 AM
They may be waiting on the coroner's report before filing murder charges. Stay tuned.

OUthunder
11/13/2010, 09:20 AM
wow

my thoughts exactly.

OklaPony
11/13/2010, 11:24 AM

You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking about making a joke out of this horrific event.

Silly lady. She should have put it on the delicate cycle.

It's only common sense.

That goes for you, too.

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 12:53 PM
You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking about making a joke out of this horrific event.

Damn. There goes my strategy.

GrapevineSooner
11/14/2010, 01:26 PM
I am kind of dumbfounded by the charge. Only child neglect? If she did in fact put the baby in the washing machine and press the button, how does she only get charged with child neglect and not a far more severe charge?

From the story, we don't know if the child was alive when she put it in the washing machine.

Hence, the following...

Police and prosecutors are waiting for reports from the State Medical Examiner’s Office determining the exact cause of the baby’s death.

They're simply getting their ducks in a row and making sure all their t's are crossed and i's dotted so that she can be put away for a very long time.

Jammin'
11/14/2010, 05:21 PM
The joke of fate that makes people like that extremely fertile, while thousands of loving, stable, non-druggie couples struggle to get pregnant/have kids is something that is very hard for me to understand.

I remember a show I saw once on a death row inmate. He was one of 13 children, 7 of whom were in prison, and 2 of whom were on death row. How bad of a parent do you have to be to end up with kids like that?!?!? And why are people like that so damn fertile? Beyond my feeble understanding.

Exactly. Kids whose parents are this ****ed up, especially during the acutal pregnancy, tend to not turn out well.

So Pony, I was only sort of joking. Lighten up. (what the hell kinda place is this Toots?)

Leroy Lizard
11/14/2010, 08:17 PM
Exactly. Kids whose parents are this ****ed up, especially during the acutal pregnancy, tend to not turn out well.

So Pony, I was only sort of joking. Lighten up. (what the hell kinda place is this Toots?)

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/22920081/Toots+and+The+Maytals+METRCD012.jpg