PDA

View Full Version : Cam Newton

soonerfromgeorgia
11/12/2010, 09:01 AM
I told you guys during the recruiting process that we (I) wanted no part of this kid in anyway. Being from Georgia and having seen his actions first hand and then the deal at U of Fla, I knew there wasn't much character there.

Auburn will soon be going from a undefeated team to a 0 and something team.

With that said, I'd love to have had his talent a QB becuase he is unreal and I think Landry stinks.

Mad Dog Madsen
11/12/2010, 09:03 AM
I thought you only cared about Ray Drew?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2010, 09:14 AM
Your approach was that Cam Newton didn't play hard...I think I would still have to disagree with that

He did the Sooner Nation a favor when he signed with Auburn !!!!!

I watched him in his last HS game against our local high school and 2 plays stood out to me. The first one was he ran out of bounds to avoid contact 8 yards behind the line of scrimmage, he was basically running backwards to get away from it and he was atleast 6'6" 225 pounds then.
The second play was when he threw the ball out of bounds as he rolled out to avoid contact on 4th down with about a minute left in the game near mid-field trailing by 7. He either was tired of being hit and didn't care or he had no idea of the down.

Soonermagik
11/12/2010, 09:18 AM
Cam Newton may get booted out of college football. What a blow to Auburn who looks to finally be ready to make a legit run at a national title. It will crush their team. However, we kicked Bomar off our team for taking money from a car dealership when he wasn't really working. This goes way beyond that if the allegations are true.

If they can prove Auburn gave him money it will be the death of that program. I'm just so thankful he didn't come here. I'm just so thankful it isn't our program that is facing this.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2010, 09:20 AM
So I haven't been listening to any of it lately...has anybody brought out any proof?

soonercastor
11/12/2010, 09:53 AM
So I haven't been listening to any of it lately...has anybody brought out any proof?

Well nothing directly against Auburn yet, but if they (cam and co.) sought money from MSU that makes him ineligible to play. Dude said he handed the tapes over to the feds earlier this week, so we'll see.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2010, 09:56 AM
bad thing about this is that even if cam newton had nothing to with it, it doesn't matter apparently

soonercastor
11/12/2010, 10:02 AM
yup pretty much.

C&CDean
11/12/2010, 10:03 AM
bad thing about this is that even if cam newton had nothing to with it, it doesn't matter apparently

Yeah because Cam Newton will still be a millionaire when he traipses off to the NFL, and Auburn will go straight down the ****ter. When they start punishing the players and the agents/advisors/parents this **** might stop. Of course if Auburn did pay him then they deserve to get SMUd.

Okie35
11/12/2010, 10:08 AM
5RbTH3qvsck

Oh and Auburn won't stay undefeated this year.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2010, 10:09 AM
They need to figure out something...the way the rule is written, I could call and demand money for newton and he would get in trouble..kind of ridiculous

soonercastor
11/12/2010, 10:29 AM
Now it appears that Chizik will announce that Cam will sit tomorrow's game.

AlboSooner
11/12/2010, 10:31 AM
I think the distraction alone will prove too great to overcome, and Auburn will lose.

Cappy
11/12/2010, 10:40 AM
Well nothing directly against Auburn yet, but if they (cam and co.) sought money from MSU that makes him ineligible to play. Dude said he handed the tapes over to the feds earlier this week, so we'll see.

Every where I have heard has said the reason there aren't penalties yet is that it isn't against the rules to ask for benefits, only illegal to receive them.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2010, 10:43 AM
In an e-mail to ESPN.com, an NCAA spokeswoman said: "The solicitation of cash or benefits by a prospective student-athlete or another individual on his or her behalf is not allowed under NCAA rules."

"Generally speaking, if a third party is marketing a student-athlete, there could be potential agent violations. Under NCAA rules, it doesn't matter what you call yourself or how you are compensated, the actions are what triggers agent violation rules."

So it appears asking is against the rules

OUthunder
11/12/2010, 10:45 AM
Without knowing all of the facts, this looks bad however you slice it for the Newton family. It certainly makes MSU, Florida, and Auburn look very bad in the public opinion of college football.

Regardless, he is a GREAT football player and even if he doesn't win the Heisman this year, he was the best that college football had to offer. Just a shame that it now appears more and more everyday, that he and his father are not as squeaky clean as we had hoped for.

Even though I have no feelings good or bad for Auburn, I was really hoping that this story was false and that he would have the fairy tale season that Sam had a few years ago. Just makes you appreciate Stoops and the Bradford family more as a whole.

I bet he still makes big dough in the NFL though.

badger
11/12/2010, 10:46 AM
we (I) wanted no part of this kid in anyway.

I'd love to have had his talent a QB

:confused:

AggieGirl2005
11/12/2010, 11:18 AM
Not that it changes Cam's situation, but the worst part of this story is that it seems like his father was the greedy one pushing for the money.

"After Newton committed to Auburn, another source said an emotional Cam Newton phoned another recruiter to express regret that he wouldn't be going to Mississippi State, stating that his father, Cecil, had chosen Auburn for him because "the money was too much.""

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5786315

Cam always was an adult with the right to say no, but still. Cecil Newton is the scumbag in my mind. Way to f up your son's future.

KantoSooner
11/12/2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks Badger, that's what I thought. The same guy who was telling everyone how OU was screwing up by not 'going after' all those ultra-hot SEC-land recruits.
Res ips loquitor.

Breadburner
11/12/2010, 11:23 AM
I didnt Pick em this week...If he sits how will that change the line on the Jawja game....Its 9 now.....

soonercastor
11/12/2010, 11:29 AM
:confused:

guess he's saying he's great talent wise, but just lots of trouble.

jumperstop
11/12/2010, 11:30 AM
"I'm not going to confirm nor deny nothing that has been taking place," Cecil Newton said.

Not exactly denying it...You would think if you had nothing to do with it and were being accused you would be like "WTF I didn't do ****!"

jumperstop
11/12/2010, 11:33 AM
I didnt Pick em this week...If he sits how will that change the line on the Jawja game....Its 9 now.....

He'll play...Aurburn isn't going to blow their MNC hopes because he could cause them to forfeit their season two years down the road.

85sooners
11/12/2010, 11:49 AM
:D

Scott D
11/12/2010, 11:52 AM
Your approach was that Cam Newton didn't play hard...I think I would still have to disagree with that

you mean the guy was talking out of his ***? he never does that ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2010, 11:57 AM
why would auburn sit him?

Okie35
11/12/2010, 12:00 PM
why would auburn sit him?

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/2010/11/12/why-auburn-cannot-allow-cam-newton-to-play-against-uga/

I mean its a biased Georgia writer but its still kind of funny.

badger
11/12/2010, 12:00 PM
guess he's saying he's great talent wise, but just lots of trouble.

I may be mistaken, but to the best of my recollection, there was some anti-coaching vibes tossed around about not recruiting SEC-quality talent and questions about the intelligence of our coaching staff regarding a particular player that we ended up not getting. I would bump old threads to call attention to this further, but there's been enough of that lately :)

But thank you so much for interpreting his post for me. :cool:

misplacedsooner
11/12/2010, 12:48 PM
wow, i really wanted us to get this guy, imagine him in our backfield!! that said the problems that follow him are not worth the trouble they are causing...better auburn or anyone else but us.
what a great talent though.

soonerchk
11/12/2010, 02:07 PM
Why would he even consider sitting out a game if he's so innocent?

AggieGirl2005
11/12/2010, 02:21 PM
Why would he even consider sitting out a game if he's so innocent?

Apparently Auburn got a message from the NCAA that there is some real evidence of infractions. If Auburn tries to take care of the issue itself, the NCAA may go a little lighter on them with punishment. Look at Michigan - self-imposed probation, decrease in practice time, etc and the NCAA was satisfied. IF this story is true, they may be trying to mitigate their punishment. A two year ban on bowl games is better than three or four.

AlbqSooner
11/12/2010, 02:39 PM
Dude said he handed the tapes over to the feds earlier this week, so we'll see.

Hope the feds don't have a futures bet on Cam winning the Heisman.:)

yermom
11/12/2010, 02:41 PM
is it too late in the season for the Cowboys to pick him up?

soonerchk
11/12/2010, 02:43 PM
is it too late in the season for the Cowboys to pick him up?

I'm sure Jerry can outbid Auburn, so why not?

One4OU
11/12/2010, 03:02 PM
Why would someone get wrapped up for 200 or so thousand when in one year they will get millions and not be dealing with alot of problems? Seems pretty stupid.

It's even more stupid that you would solicit the school. Why don't you just solicit an agent, get your money, be quiet, and go to the NFL.

Seems too many idiots not talking to the right people. They need to get in touch with some real handlers that know how to operate.

badger
11/12/2010, 03:05 PM
I do not believe that he took $100k to $180k. If he was offered that, my guess is that he, his family, or reps are getting it in installments if they accepted any cash offers to begin with.

As such, he did not sell out his career for $100k, he sold it out for even less, because you can be d@mn sure that the payments will stop when he stops playing college football.

tcrb
11/12/2010, 03:09 PM
Why would someone get wrapped up for 200 or so thousand when in one year they will get millions and not be dealing with alot of problems? Seems pretty stupid.

It's even more stupid that you would solicit the school. Why don't you just solicit an agent, get your money, be quiet, and go to the NFL.

Seems too many idiots not talking to the right people. They need to get in touch with some real handlers that know how to operate.

If I correctly interpreted your post, what you're saying is: 'He should have hooked up with someone who knows how to cheat and get away with it.'

olevetonahill
11/12/2010, 03:11 PM
So is the Kid playing or Not, I need to know before i put my bets down .

AggieGirl2005
11/12/2010, 03:13 PM
I do not believe that he took $100k to $180k. If he was offered that, my guess is that he, his family, or reps are getting it in installments if they accepted any cash offers to begin with.

As such, he did not sell out his career for $100k, he sold it out for even less, because you can be d@mn sure that the payments will stop when he stops playing college football.

I'm sorry but this is just wrong. There is hard evidence recovered from Cecil Newton's checkbook....

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5606/2pt78u9.jpg

;)

olevetonahill
11/12/2010, 03:16 PM
So two Dif. sleazeball preachers have now screwed 2 dif. Kids lives up .

oumartin
11/12/2010, 03:54 PM
I'm sorry but this is just wrong. There is hard evidence recovered from Cecil Newton's checkbook....

;)

That right there is good stuff

KantoSooner
11/12/2010, 03:56 PM
It's an ongoing story in our fine nation.

soonerchk
11/12/2010, 04:02 PM
So two Dif. sleazeball preachers that we know of have now screwed 2 dif. Kids lives up .

Fixed it for you.

olevetonahill
11/12/2010, 04:15 PM
Fixed it for you.

I see what ya did there. Thank you ;)

soonerchk
11/12/2010, 04:20 PM
I didn't change the SEOK language. I wouldn't dare.

cyclonesooner
11/12/2010, 04:22 PM
Looks like the FBI is about to open up a cam of worms in this case ! It never ceases to amaze me how these good to great players such as Bomar, Bush, and now maybe Newton can screw up a pretty much guaranteed great future in the state of the university they attend. They could pretty much have the job of their choosing by keeping their nose clean and just being patient and being the best student-athlete they can be, if in case their pro career didn't work out.

setem
11/12/2010, 04:23 PM

;)

:rolleyes:

humblesooner
11/12/2010, 05:21 PM
:rolleyes:

Come on, setem. Are you saying that didn't make you at least chuckle a little?

setem
11/12/2010, 05:24 PM
Oh it did! I posted it yesterday on the fark forum. THIS LADY COME ALONG AND GETS ALL THE LAUGHS!!!

BOOOOO!!!:)

AggieGirl2005
11/12/2010, 05:31 PM
Oh it did! I posted it yesterday on the fark forum. THIS LADY COME ALONG AND GETS ALL THE LAUGHS!!!

BOOOOO!!!:)

EVIL AGGIES!!! :rcmad:

AlboSooner
11/12/2010, 06:36 PM
It sounds like another Reggie Bush deal. If I were a betting person, I'd say no Heisman for Cam and no NC for Auburn. If this is true, they'll be lucky not to get the death penalty.

The Maestro
11/12/2010, 06:53 PM
After watching 30 for 30 and this story I am wondering when Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are going to start a campaign to clean up all the black ministers who screw with college football stars.

Oh, wait...

Caboose
11/12/2010, 06:58 PM
It sounds like another Reggie Bush deal. If I were a betting person, I'd say no Heisman for Cam and no NC for Auburn. If this is true, they'll be lucky not to get the death penalty.

If anyone associated with Auburn paid him $180,000+ they SHOULD get the death penalty. But from what I can tell Auburn's role in this is pretty questionable. It may be that Newton and his father were asking for money but no one would play ball. Anxious to see how this all plays out. If the FBI are really involved though... someone is doomed.

budbarrybob
11/12/2010, 07:19 PM

;)

Doh! busted. You see it? its right there!!!! LOL Muahahahahahaha

Leroy Lizard
11/12/2010, 09:07 PM
Not sure what to make of this, if anything:

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/rogers-past-ties-to-pelini-tuberville-troubling-29235

bent rider
11/13/2010, 12:24 PM
Kenny Rogers .... heh, heh, heh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKVMo0K9u_s

CarolinaSoonerFan
11/13/2010, 12:29 PM
Cam Newton may get booted out of college football. What a blow to Auburn who looks to finally be ready to make a legit run at a national title. It will crush their team. However, we kicked Bomar off our team for taking money from a car dealership when he wasn't really working. This goes way beyond that if the allegations are true.

If they can prove Auburn gave him money it will be the death of that program. I'm just so thankful he didn't come here. I'm just so thankful it isn't our program that is facing this.

No death if this is the case because SEC SEC SEC SEC!!!!!

CarolinaSoonerFan
11/13/2010, 12:41 PM

If it plays out like USC all Auburn has to do is win with the cheater and even if they end up getting banned for a couple of years from a bowl the will still get a NC to show for it.....the BCS will never take the NC away from them no matter how much they cheated.

I'm sure this is a small price to pay for a NC in their minds

Penguin
11/13/2010, 01:01 PM
Wait a minute!

Taco Bell takes checks?

slh1234
11/13/2010, 01:18 PM

True. So now it all goes political.