PDA

View Full Version : RIP Sgt. Jason McCluskey...

stoops the eternal pimp
11/11/2010, 09:18 PM
McAlester lost one of our brave soldiers, Jason McCluskey, when his unit was attacked by insurgents in Afghanistan..

Jason was a good kid, a 2004 McAlester graduate, and a hard working young fella...wrestled on the wrestling team, always a self disciplined kid...

I only had a few opportunities to be around McCluskey, but when I was, he jus stood out...many prayers have went out for his family and our little town has surrounded them with our love and support.

RIP Jason...very proud of you man.

StoopTroup
11/11/2010, 09:32 PM
More prayers headed their way.

RIP Sgt.

soonerchk
11/11/2010, 09:35 PM
:( His poor family.

Sooner_Bob
11/11/2010, 09:35 PM
RIP

okie52
11/11/2010, 10:04 PM
RIP soldier-And thank you.

olevetonahill
11/11/2010, 10:09 PM
Im Crying
Thank God for Brave young Men

stoops the eternal pimp
11/11/2010, 10:23 PM
And the phelps crew is showing up...

I think they will find protesting in Southeast Oklahoma is a lot different than some of the other places they've been...

some of the mountain folks who only come into town once every few months to buy groceries are going to make an appearance...

SOONER44EVER
11/11/2010, 10:24 PM
Prayers to his family.

olevetonahill
11/11/2010, 10:28 PM
And the phelps crew is showing up...

I think they will find protesting in Southeast Oklahoma is a lot different than some of the other places they've been...

some of the mountain folks who only come into town once every few months to buy groceries are going to make an appearance...

LIke I tolt ya on the Phone . It wouldnt bother me to go to Jail fer throat punchin them Bastages. Hell I been in jail fer less worthy things :cool:

stoopified
11/11/2010, 10:34 PM
RIP Jason.I hope my son Jason grows up to be a man who mirrors your character and courage.

Oldnslo
11/11/2010, 10:45 PM
sorry to hear it. RIP, Sgt.

soonercastor
11/12/2010, 04:27 AM
R.I.P Sgt, and thank you for serving your Nation,

AlbqSooner
11/12/2010, 06:00 AM
RIP Sgt. Prayers to your family.

dwarthog
11/12/2010, 08:48 AM
RIP Sgt. Jason McCluskey.

SoonerLVZ
11/12/2010, 08:52 AM
RIP Sgt.

Wishboned
11/12/2010, 11:05 AM
Godspeed Sgt. McCluskey.

Your sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Sooner in Tampa
11/12/2010, 11:15 AM
I thank God everyday for men like Sgt. McCluskey.

R.I.P Young Warrior!!!

AlboSooner
11/12/2010, 11:16 AM
RIP

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2010, 11:17 AM
the support around here has been amazing

some protesters actually tried to show up this morning when his body arrived at the airport...but hundreds of locals were there to keep them away and to help shield the family along the way to the funeral home..

C&CDean
11/12/2010, 11:27 AM
RIP soldier.

I wish somebody would just dispatch Phelps and company once and for all. Unfortunately, I really think that's what they're wanting. Somebody trashes them pukes and they'll get a buttload of publicity.

Wishboned
11/13/2010, 09:32 PM
the support around here has been amazing

some protesters actually tried to show up this morning when his body arrived at the airport...but hundreds of locals were there to keep them away and to help shield the family along the way to the funeral home..

It seems the Phelpsians ran into a little car trouble today at the funeral...

McALESTER — Members of a Kansas church who protest at military funerals may have found themselves in the wrong town Saturday.

Shortly after finishing their protest at the funeral of Army Sgt. Jason James McCluskey of McAlester, a half-dozen protesters from Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kan., headed to their minivan, only to discover that its front and rear passenger-side tires had been slashed.

To make matters worse, as their minivan slowly hobbled away on two flat tires, with a McAlester police car following behind, the protesters were unable to find anyone in town who would repair their vehicle, according to police.

The minivan finally pulled over several blocks away in a shopping center parking lot, where AAA was called. A flatbed service truck eventually arrived and loaded up the minivan.

Assistant Police Chief Darrell Miller said the minivan was taken to Walmart for repairs.

Even before the protesters discovered their damaged tires, they faced off with a massive crowd of jeering and taunting counter-protesters at Third Street and Washington Avenue, two blocks from the First Baptist Church, where the soldier’s funeral was held.

Miller estimated that crowd to number nearly 1,000 people, and they not only drowned out the Westboro protesters with jeers, but with raucous chants of “USA, USA.”

Westboro members picket military funerals across the country, spreading their message that “God hates America” because it tolerates homosexuality. The church is now embroiled in a case before the U.S. Supreme Court, arguing that it has a right to picket the funerals.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20101113_11_0_McALES66946&rss_lnk=11