PDA

View Full Version : There's a Racoon in my Backyard, and My Boy is Skeered...

SunnySooner
11/11/2010, 07:19 PM
It's trash night...that trash has to go out. Boy is skeered, we do have some big-butt 'coons and they ain't shy. They like our trash this time of year. Mr. SS is out of town, again...it's either me or that damn 'coon. Suggestions? And I'll get arrested if I get my gun, so something else, please...

StoopTroup
11/11/2010, 07:22 PM
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/coon.jpg

Leroy Lizard
11/11/2010, 07:24 PM
So... you're husband is out of town, heh?

SunnySooner
11/11/2010, 07:26 PM
Y'all are so much help...:rolleyes:

Okla-homey
11/11/2010, 07:31 PM
Y'all are so much help...:rolleyes:

Honey,

Go out there with your son's aluminum ball bat and take care of bidness. You start banging around, and they'll high tail it. They hate light too. If you've a flood light that will illuminate the trash can area, turn that on before you go out.

Long term though, I would imagine you could use a .22 on 'em. I used to kill squirrels with a .22 in my back yard in a subdivision in town and no one ever complained.

Alternatively, leave the lid off the can, and watch the little bastage go inside, then pop on the lid. Your trashman will have a big surpise, but, I would imagine that goes with the territory.

StoopTroup
11/11/2010, 07:33 PM
Remember....they carry teh rabies.

SunnySooner
11/11/2010, 07:37 PM
Homey, we done been there, done that. They climb up on my girl's swingset and watch us til we go back in the house. These are some hard ***, Jax-inner-city, coked-up 'coons we're dealing with here. And they NEVER come around when Mr. SS is home, I swear, it's like they got his flight schedule or something. Damn it to hell, this is MY HOUSE, by God!!!! I will prevail!!!!!

olevetonahill
11/11/2010, 07:39 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/68948/1015153.gif

Ya had to know it was coming ;)

StoopTroup
11/11/2010, 07:43 PM
http://am-novice.com/Images/Commun/Bricolage/PesteRongeur/raccoon_trap.jpg

Then use the .22 and make into a spam like substance to re-bait the trap.

StoopTroup
11/11/2010, 07:44 PM
http://am-novice.com/Images/Commun/Bricolage/PesteRongeur/raccoon_trap.jpg

StoopTroup
11/11/2010, 07:44 PM
http://www.bossbuck.com/products/parts/trap.html

SunnySooner
11/11/2010, 07:53 PM
OMG, thanks ST, I'm laughing so hard right now!!! I shoulda taken some video...I went out and yelled and banged on stuff, and Boy hightailed it down to the street with the trash cans, Mean *** 'Coon sits up there and watches us. He's missing a big chunk of his tail, this dude's done battle before, apparently. He'll probably have our trash strewn all over the street by morning, but we ain't going back out there tonight!!! If he wants our rotten leftovers that bad, he can have them...oh lowered, that was too funny, I gotta breathe!!!

afs
11/11/2010, 08:14 PM
call on ol' BF for assistance...

http://KOTV.images.worldnow.com/images/11937278_BG3.jpg

Adrian
11/11/2010, 08:21 PM
Where's VT700 Guy when you need him?

Leroy Lizard
11/11/2010, 08:24 PM
Homey, we done been there, done that. They climb up on my girl's swingset and watch us til we go back in the house. These are some hard ***, Jax-inner-city, coked-up 'coons we're dealing with here. And they NEVER come around when Mr. SS is home, I swear, it's like they got his flight schedule or something. Damn it to hell, this is MY HOUSE, by God!!!! I will prevail!!!!!

So... what is his flight schedule?

SunnySooner
11/11/2010, 08:33 PM
Leroy, honey, I'm not near freaky enough for you...no blue hair or nuthin', sorry. ;)

jumperstop
11/11/2010, 08:37 PM
Just rub peanut butter all over your hands and face and then attempt to pet them. That'll scare them off forever... :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
11/11/2010, 08:44 PM
Can you put the trash cans in the garage and set the alarm to get up and go out and put them out in the morning? They are nocturnal like vampires. They won't probably get into it after 5 am.

SunnySooner
11/11/2010, 08:55 PM
Oh hell, ST, I'm way too lazy for that. IDK why they get so bold about now, it's not like it's cold or anything, it was close to 80 today. There's plenty of stuff in the woods for them to eat, I would think. Maybe THEY are lazy and just want the Trash Buffet at Chez Sunny. I think a new trash can with a really tight fitting lid is in my near future. That was funny and all, but I don't want to deal with Rabid Short Tail 'Coon every Thursday until spring.

olevetonahill
11/11/2010, 09:07 PM
Like the Homester said. Run that bastage up the swing set, Take the Bat and Knock ya a home run with his ****ing head :cool:

Leroy Lizard
11/11/2010, 09:39 PM
Leroy, honey, I'm not near freaky enough for you...no blue hair or nuthin', sorry. ;)

We're meant for each other. There's no point in denying it.

soonerchk
11/11/2010, 09:41 PM
I use a hoe for all my wildlife killing needs. You can whack them upside the head and then chop em up. But if I didn't have a hoe, I wouldn't be above using a baseball bat. No critter is coming uninvited into my home and pooping on my floor!!!

StoopTroup
11/11/2010, 09:57 PM
We're meant for each other. There's no point in denying it.

I think you should head to JAX and fight Mr. SS to the death for her.

http://chestofbooks.com/travel/japan/John-Stoddard-Lectures/images/An-Old-Fashioned-Duel-And-Umpire.png

SunnySooner
11/11/2010, 10:18 PM
LOL, Chk, I like where your head's at here, but y'all are not understanding the size or 'tude of these creatures. Think really oversized Gremlins. A hoe/bat/shovel is just gonna **** him off. I'm more in line with the trap dealio and then calling the city to come and deal. What the hell do I pay taxes for anyway??? So I can stand out in my skivvies at midnight trying to hack some rabid, scarred, racoon to death??!?!? I think not. I could break a nail. ;)

olevetonahill
11/11/2010, 10:25 PM
Hell Gurl aint No Critter 4 Legged er other wise Im skeered of .;)
Call Me Ill come down there and Take the Bastage out ( The Coon, Not the other )

soonerchk
11/11/2010, 10:31 PM
LOL, Chk, I like where your head's at here, but y'all are not understanding the size or 'tude of these creatures. Think really oversized Gremlins. A hoe/bat/shovel is just gonna **** him off. I'm more in line with the trap dealio and then calling the city to come and deal. What the hell do I pay taxes for anyway??? So I can stand out in my skivvies at midnight trying to hack some rabid, scarred, racoon to death??!?!? I think not. I could break a nail. ;)

Okay, the largest thing I've threatened was a possum and he just did like I wanted and played possum. As far as I know he had all of his tail, maybe he was just a sissy. But yeah, it's really not worth breaking a nail over, especially if you have a male type neighbor to come deal with this for you? I can loan you a brother, they do all my icky stuff when the POI is not available.

Breadburner
11/11/2010, 11:33 PM
Ammonia in the can.....

Leroy Lizard
11/12/2010, 02:04 AM
I use a hoe for all my wildlife killing needs. You can whack them upside the head and then chop em up. But if I didn't have a hoe, I wouldn't be above using a baseball bat. No critter is coming uninvited into my home and pooping on my floor!!!

With a coon you had better make damn sure of your aim. :D

Leroy Lizard
11/12/2010, 02:05 AM
What the hell do I pay taxes for anyway??? So I can stand out in my skivvies at midnight...

Rowr! Rowr!

You never answered my question: What is your husband's flight schedule?

Collier11
11/12/2010, 02:30 AM
Leroy, honey, I'm not near butt ugly enough for you... sorry. ;)

FIXED

AlbqSooner
11/12/2010, 06:22 AM
When I lived in St. Pete I had a couple of inner city coons. I used a trap like ST showed you. When the coon got in it I put the trap and coon in one of those giant lawn and leaf bags and duct taped a hose into the bag. Hooked the other end of the hose to my lawn mower exhaust, started it up, and ran it till the bag was well inflated. Waited 30 minutes and emptied the trap into the trash can that the coon had been trying so hard to get into. Voila.

soonerchk
11/12/2010, 05:24 PM
So did the trash get put out and was there a raccoon attack?:pop:

pphilfran
11/12/2010, 05:30 PM
The wild pack that this one runs with has been visiting my place for years....

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii187/pphilfran/005-2.jpg

waynepayne
11/12/2010, 05:32 PM

I had no idea you were such a hillbilly.

soonerchk
11/12/2010, 05:34 PM
That's effin hillbilly to you, missy!

waynepayne
11/12/2010, 05:35 PM
That's effin hillbilly to you, missy!

do you also wear overitalls?

soonerchk
11/12/2010, 05:37 PM
No, and I don't wear jorts either. So there.

silverwheels
11/12/2010, 05:41 PM
When raccoons tried gettin' on our back porch, Momma just chase 'em off with a broom...

waynepayne
11/12/2010, 05:47 PM
When raccoons tried gettin' on our back porch, Momma just chase 'em off with a broom...

There is just one c in racoon you googling gump hillbilly.

SunnySooner
11/12/2010, 05:49 PM
Trash went out safely, you'll all be happy to know. Neither creature nor man, or woman, in this instance, was harmed. But we had this same problem last year about this time, these bastages are bold, hungry, and cocky as whorn fans before the Iowa State game. I'm pretty sure...this means war. Those effin' 'coon taliban *** holes can kiss it. Mama Bear will PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!

soonerchk
11/12/2010, 05:51 PM
There is just one c in racoon you googling gump hillbilly.

Not according to wikipedia.

D'OH!!

soonerchk
11/12/2010, 05:53 PM
Trash went out safely, you'll all be happy to know. Neither creature nor man, or woman, in this instance, was harmed. But we had this same problem last year about this time, these bastages are bold, hungry, and cocky as whorn fans before the Iowa State game. I'm pretty sure...this means war. Those effin' 'coon taliban *** holes can kiss it. Mama Bear will PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!

http://www.threeimaginarygirls.com/files/uploaded-images/wolverines.jpg

DIE RACCOON DIE!!!!!

waynepayne
11/12/2010, 05:53 PM
Not according to wikipedia.

D'OH!!

dont mess with my cal fun chk!

and you totally wiki'd that - hahaahaha

soonerchk
11/12/2010, 05:55 PM

Well yeah, cause I spelled it the same way cal did!

waynepayne
11/12/2010, 05:58 PM
Well yeah, cause I spelled it the same way cal did!

yeah but you just said you had a hoe and a bat and werent afraid to use either.

my momma didnt raise no fool.

soonerchk
11/12/2010, 05:58 PM
yeah but you just said you had a hoe and a bat and werent afraid to use either.

my momma didnt raise no fool.

Just because I might be an effin hillbilly doesn't mean I want to be an illiterate one, too.

pphilfran
11/12/2010, 05:59 PM
Girls, girls...the proper spelling in the Sooner state is 'coon.....

soonerchk
11/12/2010, 06:01 PM
Yes but people look at you funny when you post that. I don't have any cred here yet.

pphilfran
11/12/2010, 06:05 PM
Yes but people look at you funny when you post that. I don't have any cred here yet.

Yet? When did you ever have any? :)

soonerchk
11/12/2010, 06:05 PM
Point. Taken.

pphilfran
11/12/2010, 06:08 PM
Point. Taken.

At least you are a giant leap ahead of WP....

soonerchk
11/12/2010, 06:10 PM

Don't make me get my hoe...

silverwheels
11/12/2010, 06:51 PM

I'm going to punch you.

waynepayne
11/12/2010, 07:16 PM

hey hey now!!! You at least need to start out friendly, geesh!

Also, I am in urgent need of a puppy update. Please get on that pronto.

AlboSooner
11/12/2010, 07:20 PM
:pop:

waynepayne
11/12/2010, 07:21 PM
:pop:

Albie I want you to know this ALL YOUR FAULT.

you with your proclamations.

pfft.

AlboSooner
11/12/2010, 07:24 PM
Albie I want you to know this ALL YOUR FAULT.

you with your proclamations.

pfft.

I'll make it up to you, I promise. :)

AlboSooner
11/12/2010, 07:27 PM
OP,

call this guy http://image.com.com/tv/images/processed/default/a1/9c/269637.jpg

waynepayne
11/12/2010, 07:33 PM
OP,

call this guy http://image.com.com/tv/images/processed/default/a1/9c/269637.jpg

true story. I went to a new place to get my last mani/pedi and was stuckeded watching this weirdo for an hour. Of course at the end of the hour I was totally hooked.

I blames it on the Redipus Oedipus.

AlboSooner
11/12/2010, 07:35 PM
true story. I went to a new place to get my last mani/pedi and was stuckeded watching this weirdo for an hour. Of course at the end of the hour I was totally hooked.

I blames it on the Redipus Oedipus.

I keep saying to myself: I shouldn't watch this, I shouldn't watch this.....but I badly want to know how gross the roaches are underneath the refrigerator.