PDA

View Full Version : The Matrix predicted 9/11

The
11/11/2010, 03:47 PM
http://www.yourpics2008.com/matrix_passport.jpg

badger
11/11/2010, 04:00 PM
The alternate ending to Return of the Jedi predicted the downfall of Saddam. View at about 1:25:

HfHX3mAbyrs

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v446/n7134/images/446366a-i2.0.jpg

The
11/11/2010, 04:02 PM
The alternate ending to Return of the Jedi

Goddamn George Lucas. Goddamn you and your entire progeny throughout the ages to eternal damnation and hellfire.

JohnnyMack
11/11/2010, 04:04 PM
Goddamn George Lucas. Goddamn you and your entire progeny throughout the ages to eternal damnation and hellfire.

LDCjIjsZp_Y

The
11/11/2010, 04:06 PM
http://www.georgelucasisevil.com/

The
11/11/2010, 04:12 PM
To Whom It May Concern:

We are offering $7500 for anyone who kills George Lucas. After you have killed George Lucas, you need to create an anonymous email account and send a message to [email protected] (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/). At this point, you must provide some knowledge which links you to the crime (e.g. direct cause of death, exact time, what Lucas was wearing, a place). If your information is later verified (e.g. in the news, police reports, etc), you will be instructed on how to set up an anonymous foreign bank account into which the money will be deposited. Now go away, and may the force be with you, and not George Lucas.
Sincerely,
Mr. Tuttle et al.

And then there's this.

JohnnyMack
11/11/2010, 04:23 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/4/2009/06/504x_george-lucas-now-and-then.jpg

Caboose
11/11/2010, 05:03 PM
LDCjIjsZp_Y

I wish this myth would die. The prequels weren't any worse than the originals.

The
11/11/2010, 05:06 PM

You have no soul. Only a cold, black, gaping hole where a soul should be.

JohnnyMack
11/11/2010, 05:06 PM

http://holycrapthatsfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/o-rly-putin.jpg

KC//CRIMSON
11/11/2010, 05:07 PM

That's just wude.

Caboose
11/11/2010, 05:09 PM
http://holycrapthatsfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/o-rly-putin.jpg

Yes Rly. And I am not saying the prequels were good, mind you.

JohnnyMack
11/11/2010, 05:14 PM
Go troll somewhere else, fatty.

Caboose
11/11/2010, 05:17 PM
Go troll somewhere else, fatty.

No one is trollin, lardo. Just saying the originals sucked. So did the prequels.

The
11/11/2010, 05:17 PM
FxKtZmQgxrI

Best. Ever.

SicEmBaylor
11/11/2010, 05:23 PM
Star Wars sucks. The entire franchise. Sucks.

Star Trek>Star Wars

Caboose
11/11/2010, 05:26 PM
Star Wars sucks. The entire franchise. Sucks.

Star Trek>Star Wars

I used to be one of these clones bitching about how bad the star wars prequels are and how they ruined star wars. Then I actually went back and watched the originals.. through the eyes of an adult this time... and realized how god-awful they were. No the prequels didnt ruin star wars... it really sucked from the start. Most people just remember the originals as they saw them as children, which made them seem awesome at the time.

SicEmBaylor
11/11/2010, 05:28 PM
I used to be one of these clones bitching about how bad the star wars prequels are and how they ruined star wars. Then I actually went back and watched the originals.. through the eyes of an adult this time... and realized how god-awful they were. No the prequels didnt ruin star wars... it really sucked from the start. Most people just remember the originals as they saw them as children, which made them seem awesome at the time.

Let me repeat. Star Wars sucks. The entire franchise.

NormanPride
11/11/2010, 05:30 PM
What the hell is going on in here? Are people actually bashing the originals? Those movies were excellent, especially for back when they were released. I'm no Star Wars freak, but I can at least appreciate a well-made movie.

Caboose
11/11/2010, 05:30 PM
Let me repeat. Star Wars sucks. The entire franchise.

I concur. But um.. so does Star Trek. It is terrible except for the latest movie.

Caboose
11/11/2010, 05:31 PM
What the hell is going on in here? Are people actually bashing the originals? Those movies were excellent, especially for back when they were released. I'm no Star Wars freak, but I can at least appreciate a well-made movie.

No. They sucked.

JohnnyMack
11/11/2010, 05:32 PM
No. They sucked.

How much longer is your mom gonna let you be on the computer?

SicEmBaylor
11/11/2010, 05:33 PM
I concur. But um.. so does Star Trek. It is terrible except for the latest movie.

I've never been a huge fan of the movies.

The consensus seems to be that the Wrath of Khan was the best, but it's the worst one in my estimation. I thought Undiscovered Country was the best.

badger
11/11/2010, 05:48 PM
:O i just changed a matrix thread into a star wars thread :O

soonerinkaty
11/11/2010, 06:01 PM
**** the haters. I like ALL the Star Wars movies.

badger
11/11/2010, 06:16 PM
I am so sorry for hijacking your thread The. Wow, you must think I suck worse than those OUI oppressors :(

NormanPride
11/11/2010, 06:21 PM

The consensus seems to be that the Wrath of Khan was the best, but it's the worst one in my estimation. I thought Undiscovered Country was the best.

Your taste has been ruined by years of smoking cigars with jollyrancher-infused zima. Speak not of the Star Wars movies forevermore.

the_ouskull
11/11/2010, 06:32 PM
I guess it's easier to say something sucks than it is to say that it was groundbreaking, both visually and audibly, as far as movies go; that it spawned legions of rip-offs and parodies of itself - so many so, in fact, that the youthful haters have likely been weened OFF of Star Wars rather than towards it. When you grow up in a time where EVERY movie has the amazing score and special effects that Star Wars did, it'll desensitize you a bit. And yes, while better movies have been written, nobody would argue that point, fewer original movies have been written. They sold out with the f*cking Ewoks, though.

the_ouskull

SunnySooner
11/11/2010, 06:50 PM
Star Wars...well, as a VERY little kid, I fell asleep in the first one. As time went on, seeing bits of the movies here and there, I developed somewhat of a crush on both Luke AND Han, I know, I'm a ho, but I still managed to fall asleep in the re-release of The Empire Strikes Back. And I was kind of a grown up then. Sort of. Then, I watched The Phantom Menace at a friend's house, when I really was a grown up, and you guessed it...SNOOZED the night away. Now, I won't dispute that alcohol likely had some sort of influence here, at least on the last movie, but yeah...yawn. Not really sure of my point here, other than to say that for me (and I suspect, I'm not alone), Star Wars = Better Than Ambien. ;)

soonerscuba
11/11/2010, 07:31 PM
The people that hate on Star Wars (IV and V) are the same people that hate on The Godfather. It's not because they actually believe it, they just think that being too hip for the room somehow doesn't make them look like an *******.

jumperstop
11/11/2010, 07:52 PM
The people that hate on Star Wars (IV and V) are the same people that hate on The Godfather. It's not because they actually believe it, they just think that being too hip for the room somehow doesn't make them look like an *******.

Never seen the Godfather, I just think it's dumb that it's everyones favorite movie. Watch MTV cribs and everyone has to bust out their Godfather special edition collectors set or show off their Godfather movie poster over their bed. Is the movie really that good? Can't say, but I would put my money on no. Same thing with Scar face, but never seen that either though.

I have seen Star Wars and it is awesome. You can't judge it by today's movie standards, but watching it as a kid I fell in love with them. The new ones aren't any better or worse than the old ones just different. People who complain about Jar Jar should just look at the comic relief of CP30 or the Ewoks in the old ones. All the movies have that little bit of goofiness in them. I will say that the one thing I did not like was the actors they chose to play Anakin in all three of the first ones. I think they were trying to get a certain "look" instead of focusing on getting a good actor. Some of the worst acting I have ever seen from the kid in Episode I.

soonerscuba
11/11/2010, 07:57 PM
Never seen the Godfather, I just think it's dumb that it's everyones favorite movie. Watch MTV cribs and everyone has to bust out their Godfather special edition collectors set or show off their Godfather movie poster over their bed. Is the movie really that good? Can't say, but I would put my money on no. Same thing with Scar face, but never seen that either though.I think the Godfather might be the best movie ever made, it's not a tremendous stretch to say you would probably enjoy it. To be honest, I though Scarface was kinda silly.

soonerinkaty
11/11/2010, 08:11 PM
Never seen the Godfather, I just think it's dumb that it's everyones favorite movie. Watch MTV cribs and everyone has to bust out their Godfather special edition collectors set or show off their Godfather movie poster over their bed. Is the movie really that good? Can't say, but I would put my money on no. Same thing with Scar face, but never seen that either though.

I have seen Star Wars and it is awesome. You can't judge it by today's movie standards, but watching it as a kid I fell in love with them. The new ones aren't any better or worse than the old ones just different. People who complain about Jar Jar should just look at the comic relief of CP30 or the Ewoks in the old ones. All the movies have that little bit of goofiness in them. I will say that the one thing I did not like was the actors they chose to play Anakin in all three of the first ones. I think they were trying to get a certain "look" instead of focusing on getting a good actor. Some of the worst acting I have ever seen from the kid in Episode I.

Hayden Christensen I believe was the actor for Episodes II and III. He can't act his way out of a paper bag and Keanu Reeves puts him to shame. Seriously..

jumperstop
11/11/2010, 08:15 PM
Hayden Christensen I believe was the actor for Episodes II and III. He can't act his way out of a paper bag and Keanu Reeves puts him to shame. Seriously..

Totally agree, but for some reason I really like that Jumper movie he was in. Maybe more so cause I wish I could have that power than because of his acting, but I think his acting fit that role a lot better than Star Wars.

GDC
11/11/2010, 08:23 PM
I bought my nephews a "Sea Wars" t shirt at the Jenks aquarium recently. It had cartoon aquatic versions of the main Star Wars characters on it. The guy at the register said they would be collector's items some day, because they would only ever have what was in stock then. I asked why and he said Lucasfilm lawyers had sent the aquarium a cease and desist letter due to copyright infringement. I guess George is worried where his next billion dollars is coming from. I hate him. The end.

soonerinkaty
11/11/2010, 09:11 PM
Totally agree, but for some reason I really like that Jumper movie he was in. Maybe more so cause I wish I could have that power than because of his acting, but I think his acting fit that role a lot better than Star Wars.

He was also good in the movie Awaken or something close to that title. I think you are right about Star Wars not being a good fit for him.

proud gonzo
11/11/2010, 09:28 PM
I wish this myth would die. The prequels weren't any worse than the originals.enjoy your red spek, troll.

proud gonzo
11/11/2010, 09:30 PM

Imagine that, you disagree with the consensus. :rolleyes: never would have guessed.

swardboy
11/11/2010, 10:29 PM
Unless you stepped into a movie theater in 1977 and saw the first Star Wars movie in that generation's technical position and were raised in the generation of the western as a youth you have no concept of its greatness.

My Opinion Matters
11/12/2010, 09:41 AM
You know what else sucks? Sex. And Bacon. To hell with those things.

A Sooner in Texas
11/12/2010, 09:56 AM
I guess it's easier to say something sucks than it is to say that it was groundbreaking, both visually and audibly, as far as movies go; that it spawned legions of rip-offs and parodies of itself - so many so, in fact, that the youthful haters have likely been weened OFF of Star Wars rather than towards it. When you grow up in a time where EVERY movie has the amazing score and special effects that Star Wars did, it'll desensitize you a bit. And yes, while better movies have been written, nobody would argue that point, fewer original movies have been written. They sold out with the f*cking Ewoks, though.

the_ouskull

See the bottom line of Skull's sig for my response to this.

GDC
11/12/2010, 10:19 AM
Unless you stepped into a movie theater in 1977 and saw the first Star Wars movie in that generation's technical position and were raised in the generation of the western as a youth you have no concept of its greatness.

Absolutely.

Also Goodfellas>Any of the Godfather trilogy>>>>>>>Scarface

The
11/12/2010, 10:19 AM
Y'all that are hating on Scarface just hate Cubans. Played by Italians.

Caboose
11/12/2010, 10:29 AM
enjoy your red spek, troll.

The intellect on this board is staggering. If someone disagrees with popular opinion they are somehow a troll. Brilliant.

JohnnyMack
11/12/2010, 10:48 AM
The intellect on this board is staggering. If someone disagrees with popular opinion they are somehow a troll. Brilliant.

Star Wars was the number 15 movie on the AFI Top 100 list. It was arguably the most revolutionary film of the decade. It help launch an entire genre of film. While you may not like the movie, that's fine, that's your choice. But to say something as argumentative and sophomoric as "Star Wars sucks" is just asinine.

The
11/12/2010, 10:49 AM

It's OK to disagree with popular opinion. It is quite another thing to be so completely and totally wrong, one can't help but wonder if you are capable of breathing in a rainstorm without drowning.