PDA

View Full Version : My opinion #9345

Crimsontothecore
11/11/2010, 11:18 AM
The only thing we most all have in common here is that we are first and foremost OU fans and we get frustrated when we lose. Beyond that, we all split into several different factions. Some are ready to fire everybody down to the water boy. Others look at the past accomplishments of this staff and tell those being critical to back off.

I guess I fall in the middle somewhere. I see things to be critical of whether it's play calling or whatever. I bad mouth Venables and Wilson as much as anybody after we stink it up and lose a game we shouldn't. But, no matter how frustrated I get I still have a feeling that I just can't shake. That feeling is complete trust in Bob Stoops and his ability to lead at the healm of this program that I love so much.

I wonder if coach Stoops is demanding enough of his staff, I wonder if he would ever fire a coach if he needed to. I question a lot of things, but in the end I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I want Bob leading this team, mistakes and all, for as long as he is willing to. I remember the glory of the 70's and 80's. I also remember all too vividly the downfall in the 90's and how I felt like OU would never again reach the top of the mountain. I remember wishing for 6 wins and ANY bowl game. Now we sit here moaning and griping if we don't go undefeated every year. I remember when 7-2 with three games left would have been reason to celebrate. Yes, we are once again spoiled Sooner fans and we have Bob Stoops to blame for that.

In a weird sort of way it excites me to see coach challenged and questioned by the media and fans. It's exciting because he's got a competitors fire burning inside him and I know he will have the last word and it will be spoken on the football field. Of that I have no doubt.

BOOMER SOONER!