PDA

View Full Version : For all you Mike Leach followers

cleller
11/11/2010, 08:58 AM
Here's an article I ran across about what the Pirate is up to these days. Good story, sounds like he's having a nice time.
Working on an autobiography, too.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/former-texas-tech-coach-mike-leach-enjoying-life-in-key-west-110410

texaspokieokie
11/11/2010, 09:12 AM
very interesting !!

swardboy
11/11/2010, 09:23 AM
Ha, what a life for a pirate.

I want to see him back in the coaching saddle, but man, when you go lawsuit on a former employer it's got to make potential suitors very wary.

Sooner Brewcrew
11/11/2010, 10:04 AM
Hope he gets a chance to couch somewhere again. It would be a waste if he didn't.

badger
11/11/2010, 10:07 AM
very good read. thanks for sharing.

I think Tech really is underachieving this year. Is Tubs heart really in his current job, or is it like we all suspect, that he's just using Tech to get back in the SEC? In any event, probably shouldn't question Tech till we see em play in person... this Saturday.

Boomer!

OUmillenium
11/11/2010, 12:02 PM
I listen to him almost daily around lunchtime on Sirius 122. He and Jack Arute have a college football show. It is awesome! He gives tons of X's and O's stuff, talks motivation of players, plus has hilarious input on anything. Great radio. Jack Arute does an awesome job as well. Didn't think much of Arute from tv work but really enjoy his input on the radio, surpisingly.

badger
11/11/2010, 12:07 PM
I know he kicked our arses outta the title game in 2007 and Tech was never a guaranteed win so long as he was coach, but I miss him. If he replaced Todd Graham at Tulsa, I would totally go to more Golden Hurricane games just to see what weird stuff he was brewing on offense.

soonerchk
11/11/2010, 12:18 PM
I'd love to see him replace Craig James on ESPN.

badger
11/11/2010, 12:29 PM
I'd love to see him replace Craig James on ESPN.

I'd love to see him replace Adam James at Tech.

soonerchk
11/11/2010, 12:49 PM

Oh, I'm kind of enjoying the fallout.

diegosooner
11/11/2010, 12:54 PM
He sure makes it fun.

badger
11/11/2010, 01:16 PM
Oh, I'm kind of enjoying the fallout.

Leach never played college ball - four years of eligibility left! :D

soonerchk
11/11/2010, 01:30 PM
Leach never played college ball - four years of eligibility left! :D

I wonder if he can kick a field goal?

Leroy Lizard
11/11/2010, 01:40 PM

:confused:

badger
11/11/2010, 01:42 PM
Chill, LL, just having fun. Here's another one - I'd love to see him replace Craig James as... what do they keep referring to him as? The last white running back to rush for 1,000 yards in the NFL? (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/080926)

:rolleyes: what a landmark to get remembered for. oh craig, I can see why ESPN keeps you around to run team drills on meaningless thursday night football. :rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
11/11/2010, 01:46 PM
Chill, LL, just having fun.

Chill? It just made no sense, even as a joke.

BTW, I saw Leach do the weather. I don't think Craig James' job is in jeopardy any time soon, at least not on Leach's account. :)

badger
11/11/2010, 01:49 PM
Copycat threads and posts are often nonsense, they are just for fun after all.

As for whether Craig's job is in jeopardy, the trial's still ongoing, so anything could happen, I guess. It already has effected Craig's job, in that he couldn't call Tech's bowl game and they might have altered his schedule this season too, not sure.

ouduckhunter
11/11/2010, 01:50 PM
I wonder if he can kick a field goal?

HaHa! Let him walk on, and if he's worthy, put him on a scholly next year!

badger
11/11/2010, 01:56 PM
Or hell, have him find a kicker the same way he did at Tech.

Leach: Free rent if you can make a field goal at halftime!

soonerchk
11/11/2010, 02:01 PM
HaHa! Let him walk on, and if he's worthy, put him on a scholly next year!

I think it would be nice if we had a kicker who could also run the offense. Teams would fear us!!

Leroy Lizard
11/11/2010, 02:03 PM
Copycat threads and posts are often nonsense, they are just for fun after all.

As for whether Craig's job is in jeopardy, the trial's still ongoing, so anything could happen, I guess. It already has effected Craig's job, in that he couldn't call Tech's bowl game and they might have altered his schedule this season too, not sure.

He didn't have to work? I wish I could be as affected as Craig.

Sooner_Tuf
11/11/2010, 02:15 PM
I thought he did work that game. Or at least they had him on for a few minutes to talk about how he didn't want Mike to lose his job. And how he wanted people to quit threatening his life.

badger
11/11/2010, 02:20 PM
He didn't have to work? I wish I could be as affected as Craig.

You're such a headache. Hold still while I pelt you with aspirin.

delhalew
11/11/2010, 02:42 PM
His radio show is excellent, absolutely one of a kind.

delhalew
11/11/2010, 02:46 PM
I thought he did work that game. Or at least they had him on for a few minutes to talk about how he didn't want Mike to lose his job. And how he wanted people to quit threatening his life.

Oh yeah, they paraded Daddy James out there as a part of the crucifying Leach show. That was a disgusting display that really took away from the game being played.