PDA

View Full Version : UT dumping FAU tickets for $25

proudsoonergal
11/11/2010, 01:24 AM
Apparently the UT athletic dept is trying to get rid of tickets for the game on Nov 20:

http://www.texasmonthly.com/blogs/burkablog/?p=8404

Worried about tickets? That can't be a good sign.

:D

soonercastor
11/11/2010, 02:25 AM
lolz. They better watch out for FAU too, they could be in for a surprise. LMAO

bluedogok
11/11/2010, 03:13 AM
I have had offers of free tickets for the past few home games, they are pretty easy to find around town.

CrimsonRez
11/11/2010, 03:32 AM
They might burn Austin down if they lose to FAU

Seamus
11/11/2010, 03:43 AM
They might burn Austin down if they lose to FAU

You say that like it's a bad thing.

CrimsonRez
11/11/2010, 03:47 AM
not at all

bluedogok
11/11/2010, 04:01 AM
This isn't Morgantown, for the most part apathetic people don't get motivated enough to burn anything. The more rabid Whorn fans seem to live in DFW or Houston but they would have to drive down here to find Greg Davis' house...they certainly won't be here for the game.

Jacie
11/11/2010, 07:18 AM
Whorn fans have reached the point that they care less about the rest of their 2010 season than we do . . .

bent rider
11/11/2010, 07:50 AM
This isn't Morgantown, for the most part apathetic people don't get motivated enough to burn anything.

That's not what I heard about the co-op statues.

Boomer.....
11/11/2010, 08:25 AM
This is amazing. How long do you suppose it has been since anybody could get into a UT game for $25? (And I’m not going.)

Heh

Mississippi Sooner
11/11/2010, 08:36 AM
http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/business/blog/CoachPic.jpg

fwsooner22
11/11/2010, 09:18 AM
I was out on the town in Austin not too long ago. Not one conversation I had was about UT anything. There is a much larger differentiation between Austin and Ut versus Norman and OU. It's also a major city with serious "goings-on" every week that don't involve the university. Saying you love Austin and hate Ut is easily understandable if you spend any time there.

prrriiide
11/11/2010, 09:21 AM
lolz. They better watch out for FAU too, they could be in for a surprise. LMAO

If they lose to FAU, Mack and/or Greggie will find the Mayflower vans at their houses come Monday morning. Prolly some real estate signs in their yards, too.

Soonersince57
11/11/2010, 09:35 AM
I think they overbuilt their stadium just to say that it holds a hundred thousand something . . .

AggieGirl2005
11/11/2010, 09:50 AM
Saying you love Austin and hate Ut is easily understandable if you spend any time there.

Yes, I know plenty of Austinites and Longhorns who do not like football. With a liberal school and city like that, you can even get a bit of anti-football sentiment. Same thing happens with my other school, Michigan, which is very liberal and in a much more liberal city than Austin.

bluedogok
11/11/2010, 10:13 AM
I think they overbuilt their stadium just to say that it holds a hundred thousand something . . .
Pretty much.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/11/2010, 10:16 AM
This isn't Morgantown, for the most part apathetic people don't get motivated enough to burn anything. The more rabid Whorn fans seem to live in DFW or Houston but they would have to drive down here to find Greg Davis' house...they certainly won't be here for the game.

^This. More people go to the beer tents and see Oreo the longhorn in a beer tent. Few go to the games to watch, other than as a sideline activity to socializing. The beer tents are where the "action "is.

No couches will be burned.

Leroy Lizard
11/11/2010, 12:38 PM
Whorn fans have reached the point that they care less about the rest of their 2010 season than we do . . .

:eek:

Dio
11/11/2010, 02:05 PM
May have to pound down some Turfman's and pull for Schnelly in this one.

bent rider
11/11/2010, 03:01 PM

Perfect, just needs an umbrella drink in his left hand.

badger
11/11/2010, 03:04 PM
NP and I are attending our game Saturday. Don't thumb your nose at whorn too much if you're not planning to do the same. I worry that attendance may be down, even if it's our last home game of the season.

If you are considering backing out, remember how long offseason is and how much you were dying for football season back in August. Then, bring along a few $5's, because scalping should be on the cheap.

jumperstop
11/11/2010, 04:42 PM
NP and I are attending our game Saturday. Don't thumb your nose at whorn too much if you're not planning to do the same. I worry that attendance may be down, even if it's our last home game of the season.

If you are considering backing out, remember how long offseason is and how much you were dying for football season back in August. Then, bring along a few $5's, because scalping should be on the cheap.

Seems like attendance has been down all year. Not because of me though. :D

Veritas
11/11/2010, 04:50 PM
Guess the suspension is shot on that bandwagon.

badger
11/11/2010, 04:54 PM
Guess the suspension is shot on that bandwagon.

We don't have a big sellout streak to keep up like you guys up north ;)

Scott D
11/11/2010, 04:55 PM
That's $50 more than I'd pay for those tickets.

Williesan
11/11/2010, 11:53 PM

I thought we weren't allowed to post dirty pictures here... :confused:

;)

Williesan

Statalyzer
11/12/2010, 03:00 PM
Michigan, which is very liberal and in a much more liberal city than Austin.

More, perhaps, but not much more.

How long do you suppose it has been since anybody could get into a UT game for $25?

Uh, it's been possible to get tickets for $20-$30 for the Florida Atlantic type games every single year.

AggieGirl2005
11/12/2010, 03:09 PM
More, perhaps, but not much more.

You really think so? I'm pretty liberal and I've spent a lot of time in Austin and never noticed anything offbeat but when I go to Ann Arbor, which is pretty often, I'm like "Jeez, people." I tend to think Austin is just liberal for Texas; when compared to other liberal cities, it's relatively mild.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/12/2010, 03:28 PM

I really want to go to this game! I can't make it up though! I really hate living out of Norman during football season (or the rest of the year for that matter!)

Scott D
11/12/2010, 04:10 PM
You really think so? I'm pretty liberal and I've spent a lot of time in Austin and never noticed anything offbeat but when I go to Ann Arbor, which is pretty often, I'm like "Jeez, people." I tend to think Austin is just liberal for Texas; when compared to other liberal cities, it's relatively mild.

A2 is pretty liberal for Michigan.

fadada1
11/12/2010, 04:26 PM
have there been any flying banner sightings lately???

wonder why not.

AggieGirl2005
11/12/2010, 04:33 PM
A2 is pretty liberal for Michigan.

True, but I'd say Michigan is pretty moderate/libertarian to begin with, at least in the cities/southeast (except for Detroit which is so politically f-ed up you can't label it). The UP and upper mitten are a little more conservative but not much - they're more just "leave our militias/guns alone" libertarian-types.

So far AA to be liberal for Michigan means a lot more.