PDA

View Full Version : I think my dog has mental problems.

TUSooner
11/10/2010, 11:09 PM
The little dude (a Shih-Tsu sans gonads) is fine during the day, frisky, 8 years old with the body of a 4yo. Eats, craps, and pees like a champ. But... during the night, many nights, he has a spell where he howls and yelps and moans in his sleep in the most hideous and pitiful way. It wakes up the house; we have to warn guests. If you shake him awake, he's fine. But if he's where you can';t get to him, he goes on for about 15-30 seconds. It seems like he's having a dog nightmare, but what do I know? Chime in ye knowledgable ones (& others). What's going on?

olevetonahill
11/10/2010, 11:33 PM
Prolly dreaming of Katrina :eek:

yermom
11/10/2010, 11:37 PM
i think all Shih-Tzus have mental problems :D

Collier11
11/11/2010, 01:51 AM
I can stand 3 feet from my dog and yell her name and yell her name and she doesnt hear ****, I like she likes it that way

3rdgensooner
11/11/2010, 08:35 AM
I can stand 3 feet from my dog and yell her name and yell her name and she doesnt hear ****, I like she likes it that way
My dog is blind. If she goes deaf in her old age I'm screwed.

Howzit
11/11/2010, 09:20 AM
The little dude (a Shih-Tsu sans gonads) is fine during the day, frisky, 8 years old with the body of a 4yo. Eats, craps, and pees like a champ. But... during the night, many nights, he has a spell where he howls and yelps and moans in his sleep in the most hideous and pitiful way. It wakes up the house; we have to warn guests. If you shake him awake, he's fine. But if he's where you can';t get to him, he goes on for about 15-30 seconds. It seems like he's having a dog nightmare, but what do I know? Chime in ye knowledgable ones (& others). What's going on?

He's having nightmares of how you molested him as a puppy.

You might try a doggy psychiatrist.

TUSooner
11/11/2010, 09:32 AM
Sometimes low expectations are good. Sometimes they're not low enough.

:D