PDA

View Full Version : So many possible jokes...

Okla-homey
11/10/2010, 01:36 PM
I'll start, "Ma'am, would you like to supersize that order for 50 more cents?"

Sex toy drive-thru: Alabama shop to offer window service
Brian Lawson, The Huntsville Times

HUNTSVILLE, AL -- Pleasures, a "one-stop romance shop" that challenged Alabama's ban on sex toys, has a new, unique claim to fame: It will feature three sex toy drive-thru lanes at its new University Drive location.

Pleasures owner Sherri Williams said the store will be the first such store in the country to sell adult toys through a drive-thru window. Items such as toys, lubes and stimulants will be delivered through the drive-thru drawer in a brown paper bag, according to the store's news release.

Williams and her store drew national attention during a long legal fight that sought to overturn Alabama's ban on sex toys on the grounds of a constitutional right to privacy.

The case file went to the U.S. Supreme Court in 2007, but the court chose not to hear it, effectively leaving the ban intact. The Alabama Supreme Court last year upheld the ban - part of an anti-obscenity law passed in 1998 - after hearing a case brought by an adult store in Hoover.

Williams said Alabama is the last state in the U.S. to have a sex toy ban. The anti-obscenity law had been sponsored by state Sen. Tom Butler in 1998, but Alabama officials said the sex toy ban was not intentional but the result of borrowing language from other states with similar laws.

But Alabama law also makes an exception to the ban on the sale of items designed for the "stimulation of human genital organs" if the sale was for "a bona fide medical, scientific, educational, legislative, judicial or law enforcement purpose."

Williams said customers cannot purchase a sex toy unless they fill out a medical questionnaire describing the health-related reasons for their purchase.

The new store, located at 4008 University Drive, was a former bank and most recently a jewelry store and will offer a number of new features, Williams said.

The store plans to give away condoms as a public service and will feature an "intimacy clinic" offering weekly seminars and workshops, marriage counseling and a sexual health library, which will feature well-known authors in the field, and an upscale clothing boutique.

Williams said the store will not sell adult videos.

"The real essence of what I'm trying to get across is adult stores don't have to be hidden in back alleys," she said. "Obviously we wouldn't be doing as well as we are if no one enjoyed shopping here."

Williams said neither her previous Huntsville location nor the Decatur store have ever been shut down on issues related to the state law. She said she follows the law, which bans the sale for "immoral purposes." Pleasures, she said, sells the products strictly for medical reasons.

Madison County District Attorney Rob Broussard said if a case is investigated by a law enforcement agency and brought to his office showing something against the law, they'd act on it, but he said they already have plenty to keep them busy.

"Priority-wise, for the safety of the citizens of Madison County, with violent crime and drugs on our streets, we've got our hands full on a lot more pressing issues," Broussard said.

soonerinkaty
11/10/2010, 01:46 PM
Yea I would like a pink vibrator, supersized with a side of strawberry lube please.

NormanPride
11/10/2010, 02:17 PM
I'll take two devastators, a diet chocolate thong, and a happy meal.

picasso
11/10/2010, 02:20 PM
Can I get some special sauce with that?

and extra napkins?

sooner59
11/10/2010, 02:39 PM
I'll take two devastators, a diet chocolate thong, and a happy meal.

If you go to San Francisco, you wouldn't be able to get the toys with that happy meal. :D

stoopified
11/10/2010, 04:09 PM
Can I get some special sauce with that?

and extra napkins?:D:D:D

I wonder if Christy's Toybox has considered such a move for it's Oklahoma customers who have a lot to do and little time? :)

Sooner_Bob
11/10/2010, 04:12 PM
Do they sell hair gel?

Leroy Lizard
11/10/2010, 07:28 PM
What's a sex toy?

(Just in case my pastor comes across my posts in here.)

StoopTroup
11/10/2010, 07:31 PM
Tokyo Sandblasters