PDA

View Full Version : FBI looking into Agents/Cam drama

Tigeman
11/9/2010, 11:31 PM
http://www.tmz.com/category/tmzsports/

TMZ Sports has confirmed ... the FBI has requested a meeting with a key figure in the Cam Newton college football recruiting controversy to find out if, "young men are being shopped to colleges"

The man feds want to speak with is John Bond -- a former Mississippi State football star. Last week, Bond claimed people connected to Heisman front-runner Cam Newton contacted him back in 2009 and said it would take $180,000 to get Cam to commit to MSU.

Newton eventually committed to Auburn University, where he's now one of the top quarterbacks in the country.

Bond's attorney confirms to TMZ Sports that the FBI has requested a sit-down meeting with his client -- and tells us the agent who contacted him said, "We are interested in whether young men are being shopped to colleges."

Newton has denied any wrongdoing -- and reps for Auburn have stated that Newton remains eligible to play and will start this weekend against Georgia.

Guess we'll possibly find out if there was laundering done. I'm sure the IRS has been very interested in the "alleged $200K" since it broke. Bet the SEC isn't very happy right now, and won't be if they delve deeply.

soonercastor
11/9/2010, 11:36 PM
Yep, there were new allegations today that Cam called Miss St after he had signed with Auburn and said the "money was too much."

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5786315)

Tigeman
11/9/2010, 11:46 PM
Guess Cam's been taking alottttt of speech classes! HAHA. Either that War Eagle education has REALLY polished Newton's speech up, or he's been coached for a while on what to say.

Normally the guy sounds like an idiot. In fact I don't think I've ever heard him in any speech not sound like one. But in that video he sounded halfway intelligent, despite the uh ums....but I give those a pass in instances like this usually.

Tigeman
11/9/2010, 11:52 PM
I love CUM's statements....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ffWowiS1W7w/TG6lu7yMLjI/AAAAAAAACZ8/4UvqJqKuxEE/s1600/I-didnt-do-it.jpg

soonercastor
11/9/2010, 11:53 PM
I love CUM's statements....

My cum will make some pretty big statements tonight :eek:

85sooners
11/10/2010, 12:15 AM
:gary:

Tigeman
11/10/2010, 12:17 AM
I knew not to abbreviate that SOB's name! LOL

I was gonna say something about bending over and taking my spankings now, but somehow I don't think that's appropriate right now! LOL

HBick
11/10/2010, 12:21 AM
I hate TMZ for a variety of reasons (Gallon included), but who keeps giving them information about athletes? It is a celebrity gossip blog, and I fear that they might become an actual "news source."

It is sickening.

Tigeman
11/10/2010, 12:24 AM
You gotta admit, they haven't really been wrong on any of it?

I trust their news more than I do ESPiN's.

HBick
11/10/2010, 12:27 AM
That's true, I just wonder who got pissed at ESPN and decided that TMZ would be a better news outlet than SI, Fox, and all the rest of them.

I'm assuming there was a nice $$$ incentive.