http://www.secondchancenorman.org/

surely they aren't letting him adopt dogs :eek:

:D

SPuL
11/10/2010, 12:05 AM
Hey, in time, they will.

Collier11
11/10/2010, 12:07 AM
Is it possible for a controversy to be as horrible yet overblown as the Mike Vick controversy was? And this is from someone (me) who is a huge animal lover

cleller
11/10/2010, 07:54 AM
What I find most outrageous is how stupid the whole thing is. Here's a guy with tons of money that wastes it on his losers friends and dogfighting. He has to be an idiot, just to spend his time that way.
There are too many ways to waste money on fast cars and women; he has to get involved in dogfighting.

btb916
11/10/2010, 08:31 AM
I don't get it. The guy went to prison for two (?) years during some of his best years. He comes out, gets a job, endures the booing, the hatred, all pretty much silently, at least not saying anything that has hit a nerve nationally. And not only that, he is willing to ride the pine, do anything it takes. He gets a chance to play, he makes the most of it. He gets hurt, comes back, and shreds another team. He is playing better than he ever did.

I'm happy for him--he's a good example of coming out clean on the other side.

Jacie
11/10/2010, 09:30 AM
And he's on my fantasy team . . .

SPuL
11/10/2010, 10:03 AM
I don't get it. The guy went to prison for two (?) years during some of his best years. He comes out, gets a job, endures the booing, the hatred, all pretty much silently, at least not saying anything that has hit a nerve nationally. And not only that, he is willing to ride the pine, do anything it takes. He gets a chance to play, he makes the most of it. He gets hurt, comes back, and shreds another team. He is playing better than he ever did.

I'm happy for him--he's a good example of coming out clean on the other side.

Exactly. Nobody is saying the guys a saint. He messed up paid the consequences and now he gets a chance to redeem himself. He never did anything wrong as a football player.

Plus, he's also on my fantasy team too :D

yermom
11/10/2010, 10:36 AM
dude did his time, took his medicine,but he's likely never going to lose that stigma

he can go a long way in painting dogfighting in a bad light to the current generation of kids though

Scott D
11/10/2010, 11:09 AM
he's fine in my book...and he's not on my fantasy team.

SPuL
11/10/2010, 12:11 PM
dude did his time, took his medicine,but he's likely never going to lose that stigma

he can go a long way in painting dogfighting in a bad light to the current generation of kids though

True, I knew a lot of people did that illegally. However, I didn't know you could do 19 months in jail for it.

misplacedsooner
11/10/2010, 12:18 PM
hmmm, maybe my mv rookie auto card will go back up in price...any offers?

Norman Tugwater
11/10/2010, 12:19 PM
And he's on my fantasy team . . .

Pansy!! Just wait til I sign him as a client. Then and only then you will know the fear of my nails against your window at night...

Frozen Sooner
11/10/2010, 12:20 PM
hmmm, maybe my mv rookie auto card will go back up in price...any offers?

Is it dog eared?

sooneron
11/10/2010, 12:20 PM
Meh, I'll never pull for him. To me, there are some things that are unforgivable. He did one of them.

sooneron
11/10/2010, 12:21 PM

Has he? I wouldn't know. I'm somewhat on top of things, but I have seen ZERO from him.

yermom
11/10/2010, 12:44 PM
he's at least apologized, but he's certainly paid the price publicly for it

hopefully kids today seeing his downfall for it might think about it differently than the people like him that grew up around it, maybe

btb916
11/10/2010, 01:11 PM
Is it dog eared?

Now that's just wrong. :D

Seamus
11/10/2010, 02:08 PM
In this arse-whole's case, I hope God has four legs and a cold nose.

**** Michael Vick.

ouleaf
11/10/2010, 02:53 PM
I have 2 dogs, so all that went down with the dog-fighting was awful.

What he is doing on the field though is nothing short of amazing. He went head to head with the best QB in the game in Peyton and he walked away with the Win. It took him about a year, but it looks like he's got most of his famed speed and agility back. He's still got a cannon for an arm. And he has probably the most explosive WR in the league to throw to in DeSean Jackson.

If he can notch a few more big wins and take the Eagles deep into the playoffs, you very much have to consider him for MVP this season.

SPuL
11/10/2010, 04:33 PM
It's funny. With Vick at QB, Jackson is unstoppable. With Kolb at QB, it's Maclin. weird.

SCxxSOONER
11/11/2010, 02:01 AM
He paid a heavy penalty and obviously learned from it, and hes playing like an MVP on the field right now, I give him props.

SPuL
11/11/2010, 09:53 AM
True that. I don't think he's said or done one wrong thing since getting out of prison.

MamaMia
11/11/2010, 10:34 AM
I wonder if he could hear the dogs screaming in agony for mercy?