PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Women's Soccer Tourney

bri
11/9/2010, 10:24 PM
OU is an at-large selection in this year's field of 64, getting sent to the Portland sub-regional. They'll face Washington in the first round, with host team and #1 seed Portland taking on UT-San Antonio in the other game.

Meanwhile, Big 12 champs aggy received the #3 seed in North Carolina's bracket and will host their own sub-regional in Stillwater. They'll face Michigan in the first round, with Memphis and Oregon State on the other side of the bracket. Also in the UNC region is Texas, who will play James Madison in the first round at Chapel Hill. Two-time defending national champs and #1 seed UNC takes on Jackson State in the other game of that sub-regional.

Big 12 regular season champ Texas A&M is the #4 seed in the Maryland regional and will face North Dakota State in Minnesota. Host Minnesota and Creighton play in the other game of that sub-regional.

The tourney begins for most teams on Friday. Complete brackets and updates can be found here (http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/2010/ncaa_bracket_DI_soccer_women.html). For updates on the Sooners as they return to the NCAA tourney for the first time since 2003, visit SoonerSports.com (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/w-soccer/okla-w-soccer-body.html).

CowboyMRW
11/11/2010, 02:37 PM
OU is an at-large selection in this year's field of 64, getting sent to the Portland sub-regional. They'll face Washington in the first round, with host team and #1 seed Portland taking on UT-San Antonio in the other game.

Meanwhile, Big 12 champs aggy received the #3 seed in North Carolina's bracket and will host their own sub-regional in Stillwater. They'll face Michigan in the first round, with Memphis and Oregon State on the other side of the bracket. Also in the UNC region is Texas, who will play James Madison in the first round at Chapel Hill. Two-time defending national champs and #1 seed UNC takes on Jackson State in the other game of that sub-regional.

Big 12 regular season champ Texas A&M is the #4 seed in the Maryland regional and will face North Dakota State in Minnesota. Host Minnesota and Creighton play in the other game of that sub-regional.

The tourney begins for most teams on Friday. Complete brackets and updates can be found here (http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/2010/ncaa_bracket_DI_soccer_women.html). For updates on the Sooners as they return to the NCAA tourney for the first time since 2003, visit SoonerSports.com (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/w-soccer/okla-w-soccer-body.html).

I really think yall can beat Portland if you play physical with them. We lost to them in the 2nd game of they year 1-0 but we were also missing Kyndall. Yall played well in the Big 12 tourney

bri
11/11/2010, 02:46 PM
Yeah, Coach Nelson mentioned that you guys played them and played them tough. I'm really excited to see what this team can do, as long as Carrie Whigham can go. It's not coincidence that we gave up the tying goal Sunday right after she went out with an injury.

CowboyMRW
11/12/2010, 02:07 PM
How's the weather looking for you girls out in Portland. I will say that it sucks up here. This crappy weather, then an 8 hour drive to Austin, all to be back by Sunday in time that hopefully our girls are playing for a shot at the sweet 16 :D

bri
11/12/2010, 11:47 PM
The Sooners' season is over with a 4-0 loss to Washington. A tough way to end an amazing season; they were picked to finish tenth in an 11-member Big 12, finished tied for third, nearly won the conference tourney and made the NCAA for the first time in seven years. Whitney Palmer and Lauren Alkek will be big shoes to fill, but this team will build off this year and be back stronger next season.

CowboyMRW
11/13/2010, 12:10 AM
Tough way to go out but an excellent season for you gals. By any chance do you know how the other big 12 teams did. I know our girls won for sure but not sure bout Texas and AnM.

But like I said good season for you.

bri
11/13/2010, 12:22 AM
James Madison beat Texas 3-1, A&M edged North Dakota State on PK's. The ag schools are all that's left to carry the Big 12 banner into the round of 32 and hopefully beyond.

CowboyMRW
11/13/2010, 12:36 AM
Thank you. How is your team looking for next year. Are they going to be as good as this year or what?

(I know you can't predict sports but looking on paper is what I'm asking)

bri
11/13/2010, 12:54 AM
We only lose three seniors, but two of them are Palmer and Alkek. They're both gonna be hard to replace, but this crop of 9 newcomers we had this season give us the kind of depth this program has never had. Devonshire will be back in net and we'll return all our goal scorers not named Whitney Palmer. I think we'll actually be better next year; competing for the regular season and tourney conference titles. This season was just the first step towards what Coach Nelson's been building here.

bri
11/14/2010, 04:01 PM
Oklahoma State is the lone Big 12 team left in the tourney after their win over Oregon State today in Stillwater. They'll move on to the Sweet 16 to face Duke later this week. Texas A&M lost to Minnesota this afternoon, 2-0.

CowboyMRW
11/15/2010, 04:24 PM
Oklahoma State is the lone Big 12 team left in the tourney after their win over Oregon State today in Stillwater. They'll move on to the Sweet 16 to face Duke later this week. Texas A&M lost to Minnesota this afternoon, 2-0.

We get to host the game against Duke also thanks to Florida losing

bri
11/15/2010, 04:40 PM
Nice.

jumperstop
11/15/2010, 04:41 PM
I like soccer, but when women play it just becomes boring...

bri
11/15/2010, 04:51 PM
Um, okay.

CowboyMRW
11/15/2010, 05:40 PM
Ok I need a little help. We host Duke Friday and if we win we would play Saturday against North Carolina but where would it be. Shouldn't it be in NC because that's a long flight for us if it happens like that.

Has the guy ever even watched women's soccer. Women's soccer is one of the few sports that I like to watch that are of women's. No disrespect on that either.

CowboyMRW
11/15/2010, 06:20 PM
FWIW Portland also lost to Washington

bri
11/16/2010, 08:20 AM
Yeah, UDub's having a nice little run. I think a lot of us read too much into their 4-6 record in their last ten games coming into the tourney.

If you guys beat Duke, you have a week until the quarters.

CowboyMRW
11/16/2010, 11:06 AM
Yeah, UDub's having a nice little run. I think a lot of us read too much into their 4-6 record in their last ten games coming into the tourney.

If you guys beat Duke, you have a week until the quarters.

O ok. I must've misread the dates on the bracket. Thanks though

bri
11/16/2010, 01:49 PM
If we didn't have a basketball game here in Norman Friday night, I'd think about slipping down to Stillwater to watch the game. Which, for people who know me, is saying something. :D

CowboyMRW
11/16/2010, 07:02 PM
It's too bad you couldn't come. We need a lot of support because even if we win I get a feeling that it will be the last win of the season because as much as I love our team, I don't see them beating North Carolina.

Funny story. 4 of our girls play on my intramural team, none more important than the goalie, and I was so pissed about the Big 12 ships cause they couldn't play and we had co-rec championship in football won. AD is an absolute beast in basketball. She singlehandedly won us the basketball championship last year. Thank God they never got hurt, knock on wood

CowboyMRW
11/19/2010, 11:36 PM
Our girls won. Have a chance to make the final 4

bri
11/20/2010, 12:11 AM
Congrats & good luck!

bri
11/20/2010, 07:40 PM
Holy crap, the door to the College Cup just swung wide open for aggy. Notre Dame knocked off #1 UNC, and they'll play in Stillwater next week. Dang.

CowboyMRW
11/21/2010, 10:44 AM
I sure hope we take advantage. I was talking to some of the girls and they said that the game will be friday at 7

bri
11/21/2010, 09:19 PM
Yep, Big 12 confirms Friday at 7.

CowboyMRW
11/22/2010, 09:25 AM
I hope people will be back from break in time for the game. The place needs to be sold out. Opportunities like this don't come around very often. If we won, would we be the big 12's first team to make the college cup

bri
11/22/2010, 12:56 PM
If I weren't already going to be at the Tulsa game, I'd try and stop by on my way back to Norman. Cowgirl Soccer Complex is a pretty nice facility.

CowboyMRW
11/29/2010, 02:14 PM
If I weren't already going to be at the Tulsa game, I'd try and stop by on my way back to Norman. Cowgirl Soccer Complex is a pretty nice facility.

Notre Dame was the real deal. There's a reason that this is their 5th straight College Cup. I was amazed at the way that we were outclassed by them.