PDA

View Full Version : Congrats for Academics

cccasooner2
11/8/2010, 07:48 PM
"Last Thursday, the ESPN All-District VI Academic team was announced. The 24-man squad included three members of Oklahoma's football team. Of the state's two largest newspapers, one devoted 51 words to the story, the other didn't print it at all. " (From SoonerSports.com)

Congratulations:

Demontre Hurst
Brian Lepak
Jamarkus McFarland

soonerbub
11/8/2010, 07:51 PM
Instead of hittin dem books dey need to hit dem other teams :les:

congrats fellas ;)

Boomer.....
11/8/2010, 08:59 PM
That's awesome! Congrats to them.

TXBOOMER
11/8/2010, 09:56 PM
I've always wondered why people care about football players grades. Do you care about the non-athletes grades? As long as they are eligible, I could care less what their grades are. I wish them all the best and I don't have a problem with anyone that is concerned with their grades..I just never have understood it.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/8/2010, 10:12 PM
I've always wondered why people care about football players grades. Do you care about the non-athletes grades? As long as they are eligible, I could care less what their grades are. I wish them all the best and I don't have a problem with anyone that is concerned with their grades..I just never have understood it.

Grades are the biggest difference between Vince Young and Sam Bradford?

Maybe I should have said Ryan Leaf and Sam Bradford...

swardboy
11/8/2010, 11:27 PM
I'm available for tutoring any wimmins' swim team, volleyball, and/or cheerleader members who need my academic touch.

Leroy Lizard
11/9/2010, 12:19 AM
I've always wondered why people care about football players grades. Do you care about the non-athletes grades?

PSA: TXBOOMER and Leroy Lizard are not the same poster.

To answer your question seriously, fans want to hear good stories about their team's players' grades because they want their team to be respected. For example, we want people to think our players are smart, like this:

http://www.giantsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/sam_bradford-7638.jpeg

Not this:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/austin_murphy/06/26/thrill.list/vince-young.jpg

cleller
11/9/2010, 08:13 AM
Something about Vince looks a little crazy there.

AggieGirl2005
11/9/2010, 08:36 AM

It's just nice to know you have well-rounded, smart guys out there. I can't imagine trying to keep up with a football program like OU's and make good grades. They are exceptional guys and should be noted for it.

slh1234
11/9/2010, 09:30 AM
To answer your question seriously, fans want to hear good stories about their team's players' grades because they want their team to be respected.

What!!?? Are you implying there is more to life than a football game!!!??? ;)

The only thing I would add is that we just want to see them do well and succeed. We recognize that the football game is only 2 - 3 hours a week and only for a short period of their lives.