PDA

View Full Version : OK we hate both teams osu and tx soooo>>

sendbaht
11/8/2010, 06:16 PM
if we hate both teams which one do we pull for? before i would always pull for little brother osu but....

I think I will have to pull for....oh god this is hard to say....texas..... I believe we need osu to lose plus we of course need to beat them to get to the Big 12 Champ game......but I LOVE TO SEE texas lose so much...help me on this, thanks...

pappy
11/8/2010, 06:20 PM
I'll be pulling for okie lite simply b/c they're an oklahoma school and I despise texas. Plus I'm friends with Justin Blackmon so I gotta be for them to win against texas.

Of course when they play us I'll be for Blackmon to have a good game but we destroy them overall.

StoopTroup
11/8/2010, 06:28 PM
I'm pulling for a tie but I have texas winning by 10.

soonercastor
11/8/2010, 06:30 PM
1) Imagine the fun that you'd have if * doesn't make a bowl game
2) Imagine the fun that you'd have when we destroy the Pokes dreams....again, they could be ranked high in the top 10 with MNC implications.

So yeah would love to have the Pokes win, however a * would be hilarious as well but less fun.

SoonerPr8r
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147317

ddub0224
We need to win out to win the south so it doesn't really matter. However, we would also need to have a higher BCS ranking than the pokes after we beat them if there is a three way tie...so maybe we want...i can't say it...nevermind.

budbarrybob
11/8/2010, 06:31 PM
Aggie Lite. 1 more loss by OSwho doesn't mean squat. Another loss by * means they probably won't even go to the tidy bowl.

soonerchk
11/8/2010, 06:31 PM
Earthquake.

allanace16
11/8/2010, 06:36 PM
Texas.

a) I think it'd be hilarious that in the ****tiest season they've put up in years that the 2 teams that never could get over the hump against 'em still couldn't do it.

b) I want to keep the words "Oklahoma State" and "BCS" as far away from each other as possible. Those bastards are already starting to crow a bit too often for my liking.

badger
11/8/2010, 06:43 PM
Don't pull for either team. Hate both, knowing that at least one has to lose because ties are thing of the past in the college game.

Isn't that great? A team you hate will lose Saturday. Win-win!

Leroy Lizard
11/8/2010, 07:15 PM
Do we need a three-way tie between ATM, OSU, and OU? I haven't looked up their records, but if so we need an Aggie win.

OSUAggie
11/8/2010, 07:20 PM
Aggie Lite. 1 more loss by OSwho doesn't mean squat. Another loss by * means they probably won't even go to the tidy bowl.

Actually OSU losing to UT and OU coupled with OU and A&M winning out means that A&M goes to the Big XII CCG over OU.

Again, I thought you people were the smart ones in the state?

TahoeSOONER
11/8/2010, 07:34 PM
Ugh, pokes, I feel sick.

Crucifax Autumn
11/8/2010, 07:39 PM
Sheephumpers to continue the texass meltdown and also do what we always do and destroy their hopes and dreams.

TUSooner
11/8/2010, 07:41 PM
I only hate oSu for about a week. I know people who went there, so I'll be pulling for them unless there is some significant tangible benefit to a tejas win (which I think there's not).

sooner59
11/8/2010, 08:16 PM
Actually OSU losing to UT and OU coupled with OU and A&M winning out means that A&M goes to the Big XII CCG over OU.

Again, I thought you people were the smart ones in the state?

If ATM can beat Nebraska, then I'll worry about that.

tcrb
11/8/2010, 08:20 PM
To me this is a no-brainer. We need texa$$ to win in order to help us out in the south standings. You can still hate both teams. One of 'em has to win, so pull for the one that helps OUr team.

OU Engineer
11/8/2010, 08:21 PM
To me this is a no-brainer. We need texa$$ to win in order to help us out in the south standings. You can still hate both teams. One of 'em has to win, so pull for the one that helps OUr team.

+1

* knows they suck this year. Lets make oSu squirm before we put them out of their misery.

soonercastor
11/8/2010, 08:30 PM

+1

* knows they suck this year. Lets make oSu squirm before we put them out of their misery.

How the heck does an OSU loss help us? All it would mean is that OSU will not be in the hunt for the MNC, it has little to no Big XII South implications.

sooner59
11/8/2010, 08:42 PM
If * beats osu, then osu has one big 12 south loss, and one north loss. If we beat Tech and Baylor, we will have the same resume, which means it still is head to head.....unless ATM wins out, then its a three-way tie and goes to BCS and ATM has little shot unless osu loses to * and we lose to osu.

sooner59
11/8/2010, 08:45 PM
On the flip side, if osu beats *, they could enter the ou-osu game with one loss to a north team. If we beat tech and baylor, then beat osu, they then have a loss in the south and head to head with ou. Again, the only wrench is ATM, which if they win out would force the three-way tie, and would end up short in the BCS as the winner of ou-osu would go to the big 12 cg.

sooner59
11/8/2010, 08:46 PM
I think either losing would be hilarious, but * not even making a bowl game is too much to cheer against.

caseysooner
11/8/2010, 08:49 PM
osu no question about it. I will never pull for ut, even if they play the taliban

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/8/2010, 08:51 PM
Texas.

a) I think it'd be hilarious that in the ****tiest season they've put up in years that the 2 teams that never could get over the hump against 'em still couldn't do it.

b) I want to keep the words "Oklahoma State" and "BCS" as far away from each other as possible. Those bastards are already starting to crow a bit too often for my liking.No brainer. I always pull for the cows to beat orange aggy, ALWAYS.

fadada1
11/8/2010, 08:53 PM
any chance at an asteroid collision???

i said on another thread - osu has a chance to do something big for their program; do something big; put "big brother" in the corner for a year; gain national respect; have a go at a conference championship....

texas by 20.

soonercastor
11/8/2010, 08:54 PM
If * beats osu, then osu has one big 12 south loss, and one north loss.

we will provide them with their 1 South loss...

And A&M is not really a threat unless OSU loses twice, which could happen if they lose to *

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2010, 08:57 PM
It will be a difficult task to not enjoy either outcome, so I've decided not to try.

silverwheels
11/8/2010, 09:01 PM
Asteroid strike.

sooner ngintunr
11/8/2010, 09:12 PM
A&M is dropping the rest of their games.

I'm liking the asteroid strike ftw.

Poke fan is soooooooo much more annoying than * fan this year.

I'm torn.

**** them both.

tcrb
11/8/2010, 09:17 PM
How the heck does an OSU loss help us? All it would mean is that OSU will not be in the hunt for the MNC, it has little to no Big XII South implications.

It would help us only if Kansas can somehow pull off the upset too. I know there's not much chance in that, but stranger things have happened. If the pukes lose to texa$$ and ku, even if they manage to beat OU they will not make it to the CCG. Realize that the best scenario is for OUr team to win out and whip the pukes, but I am less confident than I was a couple weeks ago, so I'm hoping for a little help from whoever can provide it, and that only leaves whorns and jayhawks. I'd really like to see texa$$ to beat the pukes and then lose the rest of their games and miss out on a bowl.

soonercastor
11/8/2010, 09:40 PM
It would help us only if Kansas can somehow pull off the upset too. I know there's not much chance in that, but stranger things have happened. If the pukes lose to texa$$ and ku, even if they manage to beat OU they will not make it to the CCG. Realize that the best scenario is for OUr team to win out and whip the pukes, but I am less confident than I was a couple weeks ago, so I'm hoping for a little help from whoever can provide it, and that only leaves whorns and jayhawks. I'd really like to see texa$$ to beat the pukes and then lose the rest of their games and miss out on a bowl.

Lol are you serious? If kansas beats them too then we're ****ED because then we're left with a H2H against A&M. We do not want that to happen.

sooner ngintunr
11/8/2010, 09:48 PM
Lol are you serious? If kansas beats them too then we're ****ED because then we're left with a H2H against A&M. We do not want that to happen.

A&M is dropping the rest of their games.

The last thing we will be stuck with is a H2H with aTm.

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2010, 09:50 PM
This thread is an example of over thinking an issue. Entertainment awaits with no strings attached - don't be skeerd.

GDC
11/8/2010, 09:54 PM
A true Sooner fan never, under any circumstances, roots for Texass.

soonercastor
11/8/2010, 10:02 PM
1) Imagine the fun that you'd have if * doesn't make a bowl game
2) Imagine the fun that you'd have when we destroy the Pokes dreams....again, they could be ranked high in the top 10 with MNC implications.

So yeah would love to have the Pokes win, however a * would be hilarious as well but less fun.

we win out we're in, so I'm sticking to the above

sooner ngintunr
11/8/2010, 10:05 PM
A true Sooner fan never, under any circumstances, roots for Texass.

texass wins, their season is still **** and it helps turn the pokes season to ****. I see a win win

I'm still hoping for that asteroid though

11/8/2010, 10:15 PM
A true Sooner fan never, under any circumstances, roots for Orange aggy.

fixed

MeMyself&Me
11/8/2010, 10:25 PM
If * beats osu, then osu has one big 12 south loss, and one north loss. If we beat Tech and Baylor, we will have the same resume, which means it still is head to head.....unless ATM wins out, then its a three-way tie and goes to BCS and ATM has little shot unless osu loses to * and we lose to osu.

OK, if we're going to worry about about tie breaker scenarios and such, think of it this way:

IF OSU wins until OU, and OU wins out including at OSU, OU will win the south. Why? Cause if aTm loses somewhere, OU will have the head to head against OSU. If aTm doesn't lose and it's a three way tie, I'd bet a **** load of money that OU will be the highest ranked team of the three in the BCS and it won't be close.

IF OSU loses, then we'd need aTm to lose. OU wouldn't control it's own destiny. If aTm wins out and OU wins out, aTm would have the head to head tie breaker.

I never cheer for orange of any shade... heck I rarely even watch either on principle (when not playing OU of course). BUT, if you ask me which I'd be happier with winning, this time it's OSU.

I think either losing would be hilarious, but * not even making a bowl game is too much to cheer against.

Like I said before, I'd REALLY like it for Tejas to miss the extra three weeks of practice this year. :)

All that said, okie lite has a tendency to do the poke choke just when they think they have 'arrived'. It'll be pretty damned funny when they do it again whether it be against Tejas or OU.

Okie35
11/9/2010, 06:11 AM
I'm pulling for a tie but I have texas winning by 10.

I hate both teams but * by 3.

ExtraBedlamTix
11/9/2010, 11:22 AM
I know this doesn't go with this thread, but does anyone know the minimum post requirement before I am allowed to post my Bedlam tickets for sale?
Thanks!

OUmillenium
11/9/2010, 11:26 AM
I don't pull for either, but I have a miniscule amount of respect for UTerus because they have actually won a few trophies in the past...so I root against them a lil less in this game than lOSUr. My biggest cheer will be for a bus collision between the 2 teams or if a meteor strikes the field just before kickoff.

goingoneight
11/9/2010, 11:45 AM
Nothing against OSU or for Texas, but we need help getting to the CCG. So... try and not suck for one game, would ya Texas?

MeMyself&Me
11/9/2010, 11:53 AM
Nothing against OSU or for Texas, but we need help getting to the CCG. So... try and not suck for one game, would ya Texas?

An OSU win is actually better for us in terms of the CCG.

I said this somewhere else. If OSU wins out up to OU and OU wins out including OSU and aTm loses, then it will be a tie with OSU and OU with OU having the head to head advantage. If OSU wins out up to OU and OU wins out including OSU and aTm doesn't lose then there will be a three way tie in which OU will likely have the higher BCS standing.

However, if OSU loses at Tejas and aTm wins out then the best OU can do is tie aTm and aTm will have the head to head advantage over OSU.

In other words, an OSU win this weekend ensures OU still controls its own conference destiny. An OSU loss means OU would need help.

PDXsooner
11/9/2010, 01:00 PM
Okla. St all the way.

If my hatred for Texas is a 10, my hatred for OSU is maybe a 2 or 3. I want Texas to have to play A&M for bowl eligibility and lose, that would ease the pain of a 2, 3 or 4 loss season for us.

Sooner Brewcrew
11/9/2010, 01:58 PM
I will definately be rooting for Texas in this game due to the fact that we still have to play OSU.

Soonerwake
11/9/2010, 04:58 PM
Is there a double-forfeit rule??

Poli Sci
11/9/2010, 05:00 PM
It's like a fight between Hamas and Al Queda in a perfect world they would both lose.

RealUTGrad
11/9/2010, 06:57 PM
I would not even worry about this game. OSU is going to take years of frustration out on us and we may get beat by 50

11/9/2010, 07:52 PM
I would not even worry about this game. OSU is going to take years of frustration out on us and we may get beat by 50We Sooners are having our problems again, this yr., but What TF is wrong with you guys, anyway?...Happy-Slappy?

BTW, it would carck me up if you guys could beat the orangepower of the Sooner State.

RealUTGrad
11/9/2010, 08:10 PM
What excuse would you like me to use? We are young, our 5 star QB we were counting on for the next 3 years may not be very good, Greg Davis, sense of entitlement...The list goes on. I just hope no-one from our draft class changes their mind

ouwasp
11/9/2010, 11:55 PM
I always want tex to beat osu; my desire is to see osu lose as often as possible (poke fans I work with suck)...

I would settle for the Zombie Apocalypse to break out in Austin. It is in TX, right? The OHP could blow the Red River bridges to keep the infected bass turds outta the state...

soonercastor
11/10/2010, 01:40 AM
Coach Stoops response to this question: "I'm not a rooter, I'm a coacher"

Collier11
11/10/2010, 01:44 AM
osu cus ut not making a bowl game is funny

Plus if we win out we go to the Big 12 title game anyway cus a&m isnt winning out

RealUTGrad
11/10/2010, 05:31 PM
I hope you guys represent the south as I like the fact that it has been a two team conference( TX AND OU) . F everyone else especially aggy...

picasso
11/10/2010, 05:34 PM
Okla. St all the way.

If my hatred for Texas is a 10, my hatred for OSU is maybe a 2 or 3. I want Texas to have to play A&M for bowl eligibility and lose, that would ease the pain of a 2, 3 or 4 loss season for us.

You obviously don't live in OK any longer.

StoopTroup
11/10/2010, 07:59 PM
I know this doesn't go with this thread, but does anyone know the minimum post requirement before I am allowed to post my OU-OSU tickets for sale?
Thanks!

toast
11/10/2010, 08:24 PM
can't "cheer" for either team, but one of them has to win...osu fans are unbearable right now, maybe it will end up ut 2 osu 0.

11/26/2010, 02:27 AM
NM