PDA

View Full Version : There were signs of trouble before the game

cleller
11/8/2010, 04:10 PM
If you missed it, in the pregame, this was some of Bob Barry's observation:

"The Sooners have to be prepared today, because they are facing an opponent inspired playing with defense historically on Kyle Field with a bunch of athletically young capable men crowd charged with the winning prospect, band uniforms, crooked letter humpback and other things."

To which Merv replied, Well they really do, Bob….

soonersweetie
11/8/2010, 04:35 PM
Oh, I'm trying so hard not to laugh, but it's just not working, LOL!

Cause they sound exactly like that, lol.

Unfortunately I think you're right, we were in trouble before we even took the field.

NormanPride
11/8/2010, 04:50 PM
I knew it was going to be bad when he named Travis Lewis as starter for three different positions. I mean, he's bad enough as a LB... I can't imagine how he'd be as a DT!

KantoSooner
11/8/2010, 05:06 PM
It was when he called for a hotdog break...as he was eating a delicious hotdog already, that we knew it was over.

cleller
11/8/2010, 08:25 PM
I dreamed that I was playing scrabble with Bob Barry, Les Miles, and Hoss Cartwright. Bob starts looking uncomfortable, and says "I think I had too many of those hot dogs".
Les replied "Let er rip!"

swardboy
11/8/2010, 11:17 PM
I dreamed that I was playing scrabble with Bob Barry, Les Miles, and Hoss Cartwright. Bob starts looking uncomfortable, and says "I think I had too many of those hot dogs".

And Hoss said "Can I finish off that dog you left?"

DominoMaximo
11/8/2010, 11:26 PM

NICE!! ha ha ha :texan:

Judge Smails
11/8/2010, 11:53 PM
If you missed it, in the pregame, this was some of Bob Barry's observation:

"The Sooners have to be prepared today, because they are facing an opponent inspired playing with defense historically on Kyle Field with a bunch of athletically young capable men crowd charged with the winning prospect, band uniforms, crooked letter humpback and other things."

To which Merv replied, Well they really do, Bob….

This reminds me of the Merv Johnson drinking game I invented: Everyone drinks every time Merv says the word "really".

P.S. Buy plenty of booze, you'll need it... :D

cleller
11/9/2010, 08:10 AM
I got to meet Merv once, and tour the football offices, locker rooms, indoor field, etc. Couldn't believe the energy he has.
He was a really nice guy. He really was.