PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech Tailgate

C&CDean
11/8/2010, 03:08 PM
OK, we lost another game. It's time to put down your Kevin Wilson voodoo dolls. Time to throw some water on your burning effigy of Venables. Time to get the **** over it and move on. Being an optimistic sort, I choose to look on the bright side. No matter how many times this team bashes our souls onto the jagged rocks of defeat, there's always BEER!! And whiskey!! And OVJ!! And fajitas!!

Details for the Taco Tech tailgate:

Time: Tailgate will start around 11-ish and the food will be ready about noonish. Or whatever. I'll be there around 09:00 or so to set up, and the beer will be cold by 10 or so.

Where: You know, the same place as always.

Menu: Fajitas & tacos. Momma and I were discussing what to do for this tailgate, and we kicked a lot of things around. Since we're playing taco tech, it made better sense than some of the other options. So there you have it. We'll have chicken & beef fajitas, ground beef tacos, peppers/onion, cheese, sour cream, salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, jalapenos, etc. If you'd like to bring a dish, please bring something that goes with Mexican and/or a dessert.

Beverages: We'll have the usual assortment of beverages in the usual amount. When they're gone, they're gone. If you don't like what we provide, please feel free to BYOB.

Who is welcome: Once again, everyone. Even you Leroid.

Cost: As always, free. Please feel free to donate to the tip jar and/or purchase raffle tickets from Homey by the TV. Without your generous donations we cannot continue the tailgates in the high-fallutin' style to which we've become accustomed.

Tips from management: Enjoy yourself in a great way. Please be responsible and insure those friends/family you bring with you do the same. Please do not tell your entire neighborhood there's a free tailgate so bring all your relations on over and grub/drink for nada. Please do not bitch if we run out of food/drinks. Please let me know if you see someone being irresponsible or displaying any behavior that is out-of-line. Please introduce yourself if you are a poster so we know who you are and identify any friends/family who are with you.

VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

This is the tailgate we do our drawing for the groovy raffle items. We will be having the raffle at 1:15-1:20 or somewhere real close to that. You do not have to be present to win (if you've already bought raffle tickets) but it's a lot more fun if you are. Oklahomey will be selling raffle tickets right up until the time of the raffle itself. All proceeds go to offset the cost of providing the tailgates.

olevetonahill
11/8/2010, 03:16 PM
Great Minds and all that Dean . I was thinking Tacos would be great fer this one to .
Is Momma still bringing the little jars fer the Lovely Parting gift that folks get this time?

Ima spend wed or thursday in the woods gettin it ready ;)

C&CDean
11/8/2010, 03:18 PM
Great Minds and all that Dean . I was thinking Tacos would be great fer this one to .
Is Momma still bringing the little jars fer the Lovely Parting gift that folks get this time?

Ima spend wed or thursday in the woods gettin it ready ;)

I'll axe her. Hell, she's prolly got a brazillion mason jars for canning. Problem is lids. I'll see what she can do.

olevetonahill
11/8/2010, 04:07 PM
I'll axe her. Hell, she's prolly got a brazillion mason jars for canning. Problem is lids. I'll see what she can do.

Ok , Let me know . She said she had a bunch of those little 8 Oz jelly jars .
If Not Ill get some ;)

Soonerwake
11/9/2010, 02:48 PM
I just bring the same one back each year.. After the spontaneous combustion thing two weeks ago, I figure it has enough punch to kill any germs. :D

C&CDean
11/10/2010, 10:32 AM
She said she's got one dozen.

The
11/10/2010, 11:29 AM
She said she's got one dozen.

Baker's Dozen, or just Dozen Dozen?

Howzit
11/10/2010, 11:35 AM

Dig up some of you're retirement mason jars, I assume they've got lids.

C&CDean
11/10/2010, 03:20 PM
Problem with my retirement plan is by the time I need to dig them up, I'll forget where the hell I buried them.

Howzit
11/10/2010, 04:30 PM
No problem, I remember.

moohaha.

proud gonzo
11/11/2010, 09:34 PM
I'm gonna brang some pie.

olevetonahill
11/11/2010, 10:03 PM
I'm gonna brang some pie.

Im in LOVE;)

proud gonzo
11/11/2010, 11:06 PM
Vet, are you gonna be there?

olevetonahill
11/11/2010, 11:13 PM
Vet, are you gonna be there?

You Betcha
branging the extry OVJ fer folks to take home a sample ;)

proud gonzo
11/11/2010, 11:55 PM
ok, cool. I'll make pies accordingly ;) might even bring a jar.

olevetonahill
11/11/2010, 11:56 PM
ok, cool. I'll make pies accordingly ;) might even bring a jar.

Gonna be Jars there ;)

btk108
11/12/2010, 11:25 AM
What flavor fried pies?

C&CDean
11/12/2010, 11:28 AM
Peach and cherry for momma.

proud gonzo
11/12/2010, 09:20 PM
NOW you tell me. :rolleyes: Already making pies, don't have any cherries. I'll make her one sometime and bring it to the Deanarosa.

picasso
11/13/2010, 12:38 AM
We shant be there. The Conman has been ill all week.:(

proud gonzo
11/13/2010, 03:06 AM
Pie count: two peach (one is Vet's) and one pumpkin

olevetonahill
11/13/2010, 09:23 AM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

OVJ count 2 Gallons (one Pint PGs)

OUthunder
11/13/2010, 09:25 AM
peach pie...save me a piece.

olevetonahill
11/13/2010, 09:51 AM
peach pie...save me a piece.

I aint sharing :P

proud gonzo
11/13/2010, 10:50 PM
peach pie...save me a piece.that's why i brought a spare--did you get yourself a slice before it disappeared?

proud gonzo
11/13/2010, 11:42 PM
BTW, I think the OVJ kicked in. My husband has been snoring on the couch for the past two hours, lol

btk108
11/14/2010, 12:32 AM
heh....prolly because he did an entire concert for us

soonerbrat
11/15/2010, 09:55 AM
i had the last piece of punkin. with whipped cream. it was delishus

OUthunder
11/15/2010, 02:31 PM

I should have stole a piece of Vet's peach pie. He was late getting to the TG and the pie was just staring at me like are you gonna eat me or what?

Nice to see everyone again and nice to meet the new people that we met this year.

A big thanks to Dean and Mrs. Dean...to fantastic kids who are wonderful hosts! Thanks for making me and the misses feel like we've been coming to tailgates forever.

proud gonzo
11/15/2010, 02:37 PM
Vet hoarded his pie--the other peach pie was for everybody. But don't worry, I'll bring another next season!

C&CDean
11/15/2010, 03:23 PM
Another great season of tailgating y'all. We haven't lost one in 5 years now!

Many thanks to the great sponsors, Oklahomey for the raffle, Mr. and Mrs. Phil and Phil Sr., all the set-up and tear down folks (Darrell, Angela, Doleo, Dave, Emily, and others who helped), Olevet for the juice, and all the great people who brought food/drink/etc. These things are getting bigger and bigger, and without you folks chipping in we could never get it done.

Of course there's always a dark side...last year on the last tailgate one of my trucks got the back bumper dinged on one of those damn poles in the parking lot. This year I got my foot/ankle ran over after the game. Nothing's broke, but I've got a lot of tendon/ligament damage. They're gonna watch it for a couple weeks, and if it doesn't get any better, they'll do MRIs. The ironic thing is that the doc put me in a boot - and the guy who just got out of a boot was in the car that rant me over. Heh.

Of course a lesser man prolly would have died and ****.

Anyhow, thanks again everybody.

Oh yeah, thank Opera Man for the concerto post game. Dude can sure belt it out. Goosebumps I tell ya.

badger
11/15/2010, 03:26 PM
Oh yeah, thank Opera Man for the concerto post game. Dude can sure belt it out. Goosebumps I tell ya.

Picture a female alto/soprano voice singing the national anthem at the game for every word up till the last one, when said female voice suddenly drops an octave to yell BRAVE! :D

That's my game singing story and I'm sorry we missed you all at the tailgate and thanks for hosting as always. Hope yet foot gets well soon, Dean!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/15/2010, 04:22 PM
he did that so I would have to give him a piggy back ride to othello's

C&CDean
11/15/2010, 04:56 PM
Muh****ah my length and girth would crush you.

StoopTroup
11/15/2010, 06:18 PM
Glad it wasn't worse Dean. Rub some OVJ on it. You should be good to go by morning.

C&CDean
11/15/2010, 06:32 PM
Glad it wasn't worse Dean. Rub some OVJ on it. You should be good to go by morning.

Yeah, but which morning?

The doc told me to stay off of it for a week. Like that's gonna happen. I was sitting in the chair going stir crazy and finally said "**** it" and went up to the barn and put new chains on one of my round balers. I had to do something. Kinda regret it now. That MFer be throbbin'.

olevetonahill
11/15/2010, 06:45 PM
Ya rub the OVJ on it from the Inside :P

btk108
11/15/2010, 06:54 PM
I think it hurt Mrs. STEP worse than you.....she was screamin. I'm still a lil deaf in my left ear.

kbsooner21
11/15/2010, 06:59 PM
I think it hurt Mrs. STEP worse than you.....she was screamin. I'm still a lil deaf in my left ear.

:pop:

Lott's Bandana
11/15/2010, 06:59 PM
That car on your ankle was one of those Joe Theisman moments...it was not pleasant to look at.

Good thing was, it was real obvious you weren't feeling it much! (paraphrased Momma quote)

Lott's Bandana
11/15/2010, 07:00 PM
:pop:

Heh.

btk108
11/15/2010, 07:01 PM
That car on your ankle was one of those Joe Theisman moments...it was not pleasant to look at.

Good thing was, it was real obvious you weren't feeling it much! (paraphrased Momma quote)

You wandered off before me n ST could hug ya....notta sammich fan?

C&CDean
11/15/2010, 07:13 PM

Dude, I was feeling righteous Saturday night.

Last homegame of the year, last tailgate of the year, Chuck comes all the way from Thailand and surprises us with a visit, perfect football weather, some long-time semi-feuding posters made ammends with one another (which was allsome you guys), there was pie, fried pie, fajitas, and about 75 of my bestest friends in the world all there. You're damn straight I wasn't feeling no pain! I was lit up like the Yule tree. Probably the only reason I didn't completely dislocate/fracture my leg. I kinda rolled with it. It's all good now though.

I think I'm gonna just go ahead and take another excursion right now to durnkytown. Can't do much of anything else. Momma is peddling her wieners at the OU BB game and me and the dogs are just chillin' in front of the fire.

proud gonzo
11/15/2010, 11:00 PM
holy ****, dean! glad you were already anesthetized when it happened and glad it wasn't worse!

olevetonahill
11/15/2010, 11:21 PM
holy ****, dean! glad you were already anesthetized when it happened and glad it wasn't worse!

Dont know how much Store bot whiskey and such was gone thru , I do know there was almost 3 Gallons of OVJ that went away ;)

btk108
11/15/2010, 11:49 PM
Dont know how much Store bot whiskey and such was gone thru , I do know there was almost 3 Gallons of OVJ that went away ;)

I was low on gas on the way home...poured in a quart, went 100 miles and could still go more

olevetonahill
11/15/2010, 11:52 PM
I was low on gas on the way home...poured in a quart, went 100 miles and could still go more

:D

GottaHavePride
11/16/2010, 12:15 AM
Holy crap, Dean!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2010, 09:17 AM

we were talking about it last night...definitely freaked her out..I get the same reaction every time I unleash the snake

C&CDean
11/16/2010, 09:58 AM
we were talking about it last night...definitely freaked her out..I get the same reaction every time I unleash the snake

Why? Is it all crooked and twisty and ****?

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2010, 10:06 AM
cuz its amazinglay spectacularness

OUthunder
11/16/2010, 10:46 AM
The misses and I must have left before Dean was ran over. Hope that you drank a lot of OVJ and whiskey prior to it happening. You should have hit STEP up for a Vicodin, lol.

Damn, that sucks Dean, and the traffic out of Norman on Saturday was worse than I've ever seen on a game day. It took us almost an hour to get from the tailgate to I-35, and then we almost got side swiped by a Land Rover who decided that the curb and grass were ok to drive on.

C&CDean
11/16/2010, 10:51 AM
The misses and I must have left before Dean was ran over. Hope that you drank a lot of OVJ and whiskey prior to it happening. You should have hit STEP up for a Vicodin, lol.

Damn, that sucks Dean, and the traffic out of Norman on Saturday was worse than I've ever seen on a game day. It took us almost an hour to get from the tailgate to I-35, and then we almost got side swiped by a Land Rover who decided that the curb and grass were ok to drive on.

A driving tip from the tailgate:

Go East to 12th St/Sooner Road. Turn North. Take it up to 240 if you live North of there, then go over to 35. If you live in Moore or SOKC, you can turn back West pretty much anywhere North of Franklin Road.

BTW, the ankle is already getting much better. Still can't bend it much, but I slept OK last night and I'm hobbling around pretty good this morning.

soonerbrat
11/16/2010, 12:45 PM
Another great season of tailgating y'all. We haven't lost one in 5 years now!

Many thanks to the great sponsors, Oklahomey for the raffle, Mr. and Mrs. Phil and Phil Sr., all the set-up and tear down folks (Darrell, Angela, Doleo, Dave, Emily, and others who helped), Olevet for the juice, and all the great people who brought food/drink/etc. These things are getting bigger and bigger, and without you folks chipping in we could never get it done.

Of course there's always a dark side...last year on the last tailgate one of my trucks got the back bumper dinged on one of those damn poles in the parking lot. This year I got my foot/ankle ran over after the game. Nothing's broke, but I've got a lot of tendon/ligament damage. They're gonna watch it for a couple weeks, and if it doesn't get any better, they'll do MRIs. The ironic thing is that the doc put me in a boot - and the guy who just got out of a boot was in the car that rant me over. Heh.

Of course a lesser man prolly would have died and ****.

Anyhow, thanks again everybody.

let's not forget the time I broke my leg on the trailer ramp.

Howzit
11/16/2010, 03:00 PM
A driving tip from the tailgate:

I thought that was going to be about you and step at first.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/16/2010, 03:01 PM
oh i drove it

btk108
11/16/2010, 04:13 PM

I was talking about a scream of fear.......not laughter. Big difference. ;)

IB4OU2
11/16/2010, 04:20 PM
let's not forget the time I broke my leg on the trailer ramp.

I remember that...poor thing.:D