PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys Fire Wade Philips

sooner59
11/8/2010, 03:04 PM
Let the rumors begin..........now. Garret assumes coaching duties.

per ESPN.

yermom
11/8/2010, 03:05 PM
bring back Barry!

soonerchk
11/8/2010, 03:05 PM
Jason Garrett or Jerry Jones to coach the rest of the season.

Widescreen
11/8/2010, 03:09 PM
Jason Garrett or Jerry Jones to coach the rest of the season.
Oddly, they would probably get similar results.

yermom
11/8/2010, 03:10 PM
they should bring in The Pirate to run the offense

3rdgensooner
11/8/2010, 03:10 PM
I'm gonna miss him.

badger
11/8/2010, 03:22 PM
I'm gonna miss him.

Me too. I like beating Dallas by... um... however much we beat them by last night. What was it, 45-7? In that case, I like beating Dallas by 38. If not, it was A LOT and I like beating Dallas by A LOT. :P

TXBOOMER
11/8/2010, 03:28 PM
Jerry Jones needs to fire the GM. Their players suck. They have no safety, no kicker a weak O-Line. Overall slow team speed. Until he lets a Big Tuna or Jimmy J. come in there and hire their own staff and make player decisions they will suck and I will laugh at all of the mexicans wearing their cowboy jerseys.

oumartin
11/8/2010, 03:41 PM
They should hire brett vurnerables. Dude can obviously coach and since all nfl players are awesome or they wouldnt b in the nfl he should be freakin awesome

Sabanball
11/8/2010, 03:48 PM
Get ready for the Bob Stoops and Nick Saban rumors to start....

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2010, 03:49 PM

Are they an item? :confused:

soonerchk
11/8/2010, 03:54 PM

As pretty as they both are, they really should be.

Scott D
11/8/2010, 03:54 PM

according to Tiger Beat and TMZ they were spotted at the same place at the same time one time.

OUthunder
11/8/2010, 04:18 PM
If he hires Garrett then I know that Jerry is committed to losing.

Soonermagik
11/8/2010, 04:29 PM

^^^ This!! How Saban misses the NFL blah blah. How Bob Stoops has always dreamed of being a big time NFL coach. :pop: :pop:

bent rider
11/8/2010, 04:54 PM

I heard Justin Blackmon was in Dallas interviewing last week.

ouleaf
11/8/2010, 05:05 PM
I'm thinking at this point Jon Gruden has to be the hottest name as the successor to Wade Phillips, unless Jerry can pull off an absolute miracle and get Cowher in here somehow. Nothing is going to happen this season. Garrett will be interim HC until the end of the season and fired regardless of how the team does from here on out.

I think Gruden would be a good fit here. He has had success under other micro-managing owners like Al Davis, he is a coach that will hold his players accountable, I believe he is a good motivator, and you can obviously tell when he calls Dallas games, he is very careful to speak highly of the Cowboys as he could likely be interviewing there soon.

The only thing that really handicaps the Cowboys at this point from naming a hea coach immediately after the season is over is the potential lockout.

ouleaf
11/8/2010, 05:06 PM
Cowboys press conference just started right now....Jerry made it official. Wade is out, Garrett is interim effective immediately.

badger
11/8/2010, 05:19 PM

Don't you just hate that? I mean, it's like "HEY! We are really legit programs that coaches love to be at for the prestige, not to mention these huge contracts!" and everytime there's a coaching vacancy, ESPN is all like "Durrr, call Bob Stoops and see if he's interested" and now they do that with your guy too?

Seriously - they should start mentioning Jim Tress-hole with all these coaching vacancies, or Corch Irvin Meyers, or even that overpaid guy that Iowa has (Kirk Firentz I think?). Leave Stoops alone!

PS: You guys should appoint Tony Romo as head coach. He looked the part with his headset... he looked the part a lot more than Wade did.

texaspokieokie
11/8/2010, 05:25 PM
hate to see wade go. he was in over his head.

kinda similar to Barry's last couple yrs in dallas, Barry expected the players to act like grown-ups, but they're still little kids.

oudavid1
11/8/2010, 05:36 PM
"Does anyone see Bob(Stoops)?"

"THERE HE IS!" (Bob walking to the door in a sneaky fashion)

"GET EM!!!"

"DONT LET HIM LEAVE" (People dog piling on Bob)

Bob - "i was just getting a cup of water".

pappy
11/8/2010, 05:44 PM
Dallas Cowboys fans are so happy and excited about Wade Phillips being fired...Now if Bob Stoops would just Jerry Jones' Kevin Wilson I will be happy and excited too

badger
11/8/2010, 05:59 PM
hate to see wade go. he was in over his head.

kinda similar to Barry's last couple yrs in dallas, Barry expected the players to act like grown-ups, but they're still little kids.

Little kids with hefty allowances and lots of lunch money that other little kids steal.

The best teams have some vets to keep the other kids in line so that the coaches don't have to do all of the parenting.

Mad Dog Madsen
11/8/2010, 05:59 PM
It's about time...

bluedogok
11/8/2010, 10:45 PM
Nate Newton mentioned Les Miles as a possible candidate who knew Jerry and could put up with him since that is where he was when OSU hired him.

The sad thing is about the only two who seemed torn up about the game was Dez Bryant and Kitna, everyone else seemed to care less.

Scott D
11/9/2010, 10:49 AM
Kitna's used to losing....and ignoring TFRW.

MamaMia
11/9/2010, 10:55 AM
Are they really trying to get Stoops or even mentioning him, or all y'all just being silly? :)

cyclonesooner
11/9/2010, 10:54 PM
Not real sure the Cowboys or any pro team for that matter will be interested in Stoops, unless he can bring K. Wilson and his unpredictable play calling skills with him. Bob and Kevin's play calling style would make Wade and Princeton boy look like Bill Walsh.

CrimsonJim
11/10/2010, 10:43 PM
This just in: White Powdery Substance Found At Dallas Cowboys Practice Field

Training at the Dallas cowboys practice field was delayed nearly two hours this morning after a player reported finding an unknown white powdery substance on the ground.

Initially the Cowboys thought it was a prank! Training and practice was immediately suspended while police and Homeland Security personnel were called to investigate.

After a complete analysis, Dallas and Arlington Police forensic experts determined that the white substance, unfamiliar to most players, was in fact the goal line.

Practice will resume this afternoon after Police and Homeland Security decided the team was unlikely to encounter the substance again

spatton713
11/10/2010, 10:52 PM
Jerry Jones needs to fire the GM. Their players suck. They have no safety, no kicker a weak O-Line. Overall slow team speed. Until he lets a Big Tuna or Jimmy J. come in there and hire their own staff and make player decisions they will suck and I will laugh at all of the mexicans wearing their cowboy jerseys.

he is the GM fire himself lol?

yermom
11/10/2010, 10:53 PM
yes.

Breadburner
11/10/2010, 10:56 PM
Another fall guy for Jones.....

CrimsonJim
11/10/2010, 10:58 PM
H.R. Bright needs to buy the Cowboys back. Is he still alive and kickin'?

bluedogok
11/10/2010, 11:17 PM
H.R. Bright needs to buy the Cowboys back. Is he still alive and kickin'?
Nope, died in 2004.

If people think the Cowboys are in bad shape now it is nothing compared to what shape they were in when he sold the team to Jerruh....