PDA

View Full Version : A Lawyer's Party

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/8/2010, 02:01 PM
The Lawyers' Party By Bruce Walker

Has the Democratic Party become the Lawyers' Party. Barack Obama is a lawyer. Michelle Obama is a lawyer. Hillary Clinton is a lawyer. Bill Clinton is a lawyer. John Edwards is a lawyer. Elizabeth Edwards is a lawyer. Every Democrat nominee since 1984 went to law school (although Gore did not graduate).

Every Democrat vice presidential nominee since 1976, except for Lloyd Bentsen, went to law school. Look at leaders of the Democrat Party in Congress: Harry Reid is a lawyer. Nancy Pelosi is a lawyer.

The Republican Party is different.

President Bush is a businessman. Vice President Cheney is a businessman. The leaders of the Republican Revolution:

Newt Gingrich was a history professor. Tom Delay was an exterminator. Dick Armey was an economist. House Minority Leader Boehner was a plastic manufacturer. The former Senate Majority Leader Bill First is a heart surgeon. Who was the last Republican president who was a lawyer? Gerald Ford, who left office 31 years ago and who barely won the Republican nomination as a sitting president, running against Ronald Reagan in 1976..

The Republican Party is made up of real people doing real work, who are very often the targets of lawyers.

The Democrat Party is made up of lawyers. Democrats mock and scorn men who create wealth, like Bush and Cheney, or who heal the sick, like Frist, or who immerse themselves in history, like Gingrich.

The Lawyers' Party sees these sorts of people, who provide goods and services that people want and need, as the enemies of America . And, so we have seen the procession of official enemies, in the eyes of the Lawyers' Party, grow..

The United States has 5% of the world's population and 66% of the world's lawyers! Tort (Legal) reform legislation has been introduced in congress several times in the last several years to limit punitive damages in ridiculous lawsuits such as "spilling hot coffee on yourself and suing the establishment that sold it to you" and also to limit punitive damages in huge medical malpractice lawsuits. This legislation has continually been blocked from even being voted on by the Democrat Party. When you see that 97% of the political contributions from the American Trial Lawyers Association goes to the Democrat Party, then you realize who is responsible for our medical and product costs being so high!

The
11/8/2010, 02:03 PM
Being a lawyer would make sense, since government's main function is laws and such.

The
11/8/2010, 02:04 PM
I mean, I'd want baker's running a bakery, not phlebotomists....

soonerscuba
11/8/2010, 02:08 PM
I didn't think Crystal Pepsi was that bad.

Veritas
11/8/2010, 02:11 PM
I quite liked it actually. But not as much as I love me some Crystal Gravy.
http://redux.com/stream/item/1007907/CRYSTAL-Gravy

The
11/8/2010, 02:12 PM

I too, miss clear beverages. :(

3rdgensooner
11/8/2010, 02:14 PM
This one time, I stayed up really late.

True story.

saucysoonergal
11/8/2010, 02:16 PM
I am hungry. A nice steak and baked potato sounds good.

TUSooner
11/8/2010, 02:19 PM
I may have a bloody mary when I get home. I saw some Zing-Zang in the fridge yesterday, and I have some spicy pickled green beans, too!

The
11/8/2010, 02:20 PM
I saw some Zig-Zags yesterday, and I have some spicy green, too!

druggie

3rdgensooner
11/8/2010, 02:25 PM
Oh! I forgot the most important part of my story. I stayed up late at a....wait for it.......LAWYER"S PARTY

Mississippi Sooner
11/8/2010, 02:32 PM
If I gotta make a choice, I'll choose crystal meth.

TUSooner
11/8/2010, 02:56 PM
In other NEW and IMPORTANT developments: South Africa beat Pakistan in a 1-day cricket match today, winning their 5-game series 3-2.

Oldnslo
11/8/2010, 02:59 PM
The United States has 5% of the world's population and 66% of the world's lawyers!

I love it when people trot out this "statistic".

What percentage of the world's rights do we have?

Veritas
11/8/2010, 03:23 PM
The United States has 5% of the world's population and 66% of the world's lawyers!

I love it when people trot out this "statistic".

What percentage of the world's rights do we have?
I dunno, but I sure love bacon. Holy **** it's good.

My wife has been perfecting her maple bacon popcorn recipe. I've gained like 10 pounds.

3rdgensooner
11/8/2010, 03:27 PM
My wife has been perfecting her maple bacon popcorn recipe.
That sounds delectable.

49r
11/8/2010, 07:09 PM
The takeaway for me in this thread is this:

Lawyers aren't REAL PEOPLE and they don't do REAL WORK. Hear that Froz? TUSooner? Other lawyerin types that show up around here from time to time. You guys aren't real, or at the least you are becoming less real every day.

Scary...but I guess the upshot is that lawyers are like spectres. They roam around in their ghost-like existence TARGETING REAL PEOPLE with laser like accuracy! I wonder what they are targeting real people with. Maybe it's gravy. Or love. I dunno, but it's a thought that makes me stop to think.

Casper the friendly lawyer.

TUSooner
11/8/2010, 08:39 PM

Lawyers aren't REAL PEOPLE and they don't do REAL WORK. Hear that Froz? TUSooner? Other lawyerin types that show up around here from time to time. You guys aren't real, or at the least you are becoming less real every day.

Scary...but I guess the upshot is that lawyers are like spectres. They roam around in their ghost-like existence TARGETING REAL PEOPLE with laser like accuracy! I wonder what they are targeting real people with. Maybe it's gravy. Or love. I dunno, but it's a thought that makes me stop to think.

Hmmmm. I haven't targeted any real people who do useful stuff lately. I better get busy!

tommieharris91
11/8/2010, 08:42 PM
Know who else was a lawyer?

StoopTroup
11/8/2010, 08:48 PM
Newt's Catholic so he's trying to head folks in the right direction.

Okla-homey
11/8/2010, 08:52 PM
People say they hate lawyers. Got it.

But when those same people get their a$$ in a jamb, or are getting hosed by "the man," one guess who they call. And it ain't Ghostbusters.

I'll tell you another thing, lawyers are the reason you have shatterproof glass, seatbelts, airbags and anti-lock brakes in your car. Lawyers are also the reason your kid's jammies aren't flammable. And the reason you have EFI receps in areas in your home where water is common. Etc., etc.

In short, industry doesn't voluntarily make things safer. They generally only do so when the threat of huge jury awards causes them to swallow hard, and spend the money to make stuff safer because it's cheaper in the long-run.

Okla-homey
11/8/2010, 08:53 PM

Rush Limbaugh's dad and brother. Fact.

StoopTroup
11/8/2010, 09:04 PM
My Dad had a sign that hung at the top of the door inside his office that I always liked. "My Lawyer can beat the **** out of your Lawyer!" It makes me giggle.

11/8/2010, 09:09 PM
Rush Limbaugh's dad and brother. Fact.Are you accusing anyone in particular of hating lawyers? I don't think anyone I know of (Limbaugh included, of course)thinks they're evil or not sometimes helpful.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/8/2010, 09:24 PM

Pubmaster Honest Abe, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

A Sooner in Texas
11/8/2010, 09:26 PM
I dunno, but I sure love bacon. Holy **** it's good.

My wife has been perfecting her maple bacon popcorn recipe. I've gained like 10 pounds.

And just where in the heck is this recipe and why haven't you shared it with us????????

A Sooner in Texas
11/8/2010, 09:28 PM

Poltershyster?

Oh, and for the record, I love lawyers. Really. If I had the time and money, I'd truly love to go to law school. Because it's just so relaxing, not doing any real work.
Or I could just become an exterminator and then immediately be qualified to run for Congress.

booomer
11/8/2010, 09:34 PM
House Minority Leader Boehner was a plastic manufacturer.

Well, that explains a lot. He's also very orange!

But, a plastic, orange "Speaker of the House" is still better than NanPel.

XingTheRubicon
11/8/2010, 10:00 PM
It's not just lawyer/not lawyer...Clinton was a lawyer. Clinton ran a state. He proved he could create jobs and balanced Arkansas' budget. We now have a junior senator that despite being quite brilliant, is so far in over his head it's hard to fathom. I just hope our next CinC in 2012 has at least some, uh, I don't know...how do you say it, um, yeah...experience...at um, I guess, running...um well, you know, anything.

85Sooner
11/8/2010, 10:28 PM
I loved what the nazies did with lawyers and professors:)

soonerscuba
11/8/2010, 10:34 PM
Someone has hit the bottle tonight.

bluedogok
11/8/2010, 10:58 PM
Being a lawyer would make sense, since government's main function is laws and such.
Except for the fact they aren't writing the laws, the lobbyists and their lawyers are and giving them to the legislators.

If there were good lawyers writing the laws there probably would be the "unintended consequences" that occurs with pretty much every piece of legislation submitted or passed in the Federal or state governments. So evidently the bad lawyers are the ones becoming politicians and lobbyists...kind of a different take on the "those who can, do" quote.

dwarthog
11/9/2010, 10:08 AM
People say they hate lawyers. Got it.

But when those same people get their a$$ in a jamb, or are getting hosed by "the man," one guess who they call. And it ain't Ghostbusters.

I'll tell you another thing, lawyers are the reason you have shatterproof glass, seatbelts, airbags and anti-lock brakes in your car. Lawyers are also the reason your kid's jammies aren't flammable. And the reason you have EFI receps in areas in your home where water is common. Etc., etc.

In short, industry doesn't voluntarily make things safer. They generally only do so when the threat of huge jury awards causes them to swallow hard, and spend the money to make stuff safer because it's cheaper in the long-run.

The jammies that are laced with toxic chemicals? The close fitting sleepwear which now isn't required to have said chemicals?

Most business usually find it somewhat detrimental to their market growth plans to sell products which are designed to kill the purchaser.

The
11/9/2010, 10:20 AM
The jammies that are laced with toxic chemicals? The close fitting sleepwear which now isn't required to have said chemicals?

Most business usually find it somewhat detrimental to their market growth plans to sell products which are designed to kill the purchaser.

http://www.old-ads.com/images/marlboro.jpg

TUSooner
11/9/2010, 10:26 AM

Next time you get shafted, hurt, or (too much to hope for) arrested, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE call an exterminator or plastics manufacturer.

saucysoonergal
11/9/2010, 10:40 AM
Lawyer be da debbil!!!

signed,
frickin.

idjuts.

The
11/9/2010, 10:42 AM
Lawyer be da debbil!!!

http://www.fashionora.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/the-devils-advocate.jpg

Oldnslo
11/9/2010, 11:02 AM

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/1971-1980-ford-pinto-1979.jpg

OhU1
11/9/2010, 01:15 PM
Nixon was a lawyer. Ted Bundy studied to be a lawyer. Frank Keating was a lawyer. David Swank, the man who helped run Barry Switzer off was a lawyer.....

Mississippi Sooner
11/9/2010, 01:23 PM
http://www.concurringopinions.com/archives/lawyers.jpg

Bourbon St Sooner
11/9/2010, 02:06 PM
I hate thread jackings. Here I'm trying to find out about why 3rdgen is tired today and all you people want to talk about is lawyers:mad:

11/9/2010, 04:37 PM
I hate thread jackings. Here I'm trying to find out about why 3rdgen is tired today and all you people want to talk about is lawyers:mad:Did she explain in a PM?

Scott D
11/9/2010, 04:45 PM
she said it had to do with a long winded thread about lawyers.

The
11/9/2010, 04:46 PM
she said it had to do with a long winded thread about lawyers.

Nah. She just 'batin again.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/9/2010, 04:49 PM
http://shoppingblog.dallasnews.com/tupac.gif

aint nuttin but a lawyer's party...

3rdgensooner
11/9/2010, 04:57 PM
Nah. She just 'batin again.Here's the clean version of my response:bKxodgpyGec

The
11/9/2010, 05:00 PM
Here's the clean version of my response:bKxodgpyGec
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/127/kexcu.gif