PDA

View Full Version : Fire the kickers... seriously

Soonermagik
11/8/2010, 01:42 PM
They really need someone who can make field goals on a consistent basis of 40 and in. They need someone who can actually kick the ball to the end zone on kick-offs. They spot teams with great field position and are forced to go for it when we shouldn't have to. At the college level it's crucial to be able to kick from 40 and in. I get outside of 40 is a roll of the dice, but 40 and in... cmon, man.

Any chance of picking up some JUCO guys and revoking some scholarships of those who aren't performing? They need some proven commodities at the kicking positions. Think of how many games they have lost due to missing field goals and loss of momentum. A reliable kicking game would solve many of their woes, IMHO.

agoo758
11/8/2010, 01:47 PM
Injuries.....go to bob stoops office.....your'e not a kicker so you can't post...... ;)

swardboy
11/8/2010, 01:51 PM
At least Jimmy's figured out extra points...or so it seems.

O'Hara had such a great opportunity to get out of the doghouse, and then, knuckleball.

You would think Tress would be good for 65 yards every kick-off, but not close...excepting for wind of course.

Some kicker out there MUST see a great opportunity for himself at OU. Say, what happened to that girl from CU?

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 01:52 PM
Our kickers suck.... :( I keep thinking maybe next game or even next year they'll be better but no we've had this same stupid problem for 3 years now. It really does change your game plan in your own territory. And it's not just that they miss, it's how they miss. A lot of times it's not even ****ing close. I feel like we could get any soccer player in the world to do just as good.

Mississippi Sooner
11/8/2010, 01:52 PM
Know what's really sad? Suh's extra point attempt for the Lions yesterday looked better than some of our kicks.

Soonermagik
11/8/2010, 02:08 PM
At least Jimmy's figured out extra points...or so it seems.

O'Hara had such a great opportunity to get out of the doghouse, and then, knuckleball.

You would think Tress would be good for 65 yards every kick-off, but not close...excepting for wind of course.

Some kicker out there MUST see a great opportunity for himself at OU. Say, what happened to that girl from CU?

O'Hara is known for his knuckleball kicks. Stevens has a hard time outside of 30, which isn't acceptable. That's like saying a QB can throw 15 yard passes, but outside of that he sucks.

SoonerWarMachine#1
11/8/2010, 02:10 PM
Our kickers suck.... :( I keep thinking maybe next game or even next year they'll be better but no we've had this same stupid problem for 3 years now. It really does change your game plan in your own territory. And it's not just that they miss, it's how they miss. A lot of times it's not even ****ing close. I feel like we could get any soccer player in the world to do just as good.

Surely, you're not a coaching expert now? You were just burning me about that on my post and now . . . I thought you weree sick and tired of the bitching and moaning? WHich is it?

pardon the interREDtion
11/8/2010, 03:46 PM
You know what makes me sad, YOU FRICKIN' KICKERS DO. Maybe we should chug on over to Nambie Kickin' Pambie land where maybe we could find some self confidence for you jackwagons.

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 03:50 PM
Surely, you're not a coaching expert now? You were just burning me about that on my post and now . . . I thought you weree sick and tired of the bitching and moaning? WHich is it?

Not that it really matters cause I think you're banned, but suck a dick. I never said I was a coaching expert and I was never the one calling for coaches heads. And you're still bitching and moaning so stfu!

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2010, 03:55 PM
Was the O'hara FG the longest one we've made this year? The miss was over 40, but very ugly. Should at least miss with more style - maybe doink it off the upright.

Scott D
11/8/2010, 03:56 PM
*sigh* Ask Dan Mowery how being the kicking savior highly recruited works out for you.

Soonermagik
11/8/2010, 04:27 PM
Not that it really matters cause I think you're banned, but suck a dick. I never said I was a coaching expert and I was never the one calling for coaches heads. And you're still bitching and moaning so stfu!

Tell him how you really feel. :D

soonersweetie
11/8/2010, 04:32 PM
I have a question....do the coaches have the option of pulling a player's scholarship? for performance? Not sure how that works.

Scott D
11/8/2010, 04:36 PM
technically yeah, but it looks bad.

Soonermagik
11/8/2010, 07:26 PM
technically yeah, but it looks bad.

So does our kicking game.;)

soonercastor
11/8/2010, 07:29 PM
Did Ratterree get a scholly yet?

Soonermagik
11/8/2010, 07:36 PM
Did Ratterree get a scholly yet?

I don't know, but I'm willing to dump O'hara and give him one. Stevens is next if he can't kick past 30. In every other walk of life you have to perform or you're gone. If they can't pass a class they don't get to play. If you suck at your job you get fired. In the NFL if you stink they fire you. Why should this be any different?

sane
11/8/2010, 07:39 PM
‎"http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fire-Coach-Kevin-Wilson/164123543619715

MeMyself&Me
11/8/2010, 10:37 PM
I'm ready to not see a place kicker on the field for the rest of the year. Not on extra points. Not on field goals.

If a punt doesn't make sense, go for it on fourth down. Don't worry about extra points. Just do the two point conversion.

This is what my kids' little league football teams do. You know why? Cause they ain't got a place kicker.

And neither does OU. :(

85sooners
11/8/2010, 10:53 PM
Phuck our kickers!!:mad:

JLEW1818
11/8/2010, 10:57 PM
lol this is something i will actually agree with the typical fan on.

OUr kicking sucks. mentally weak. physically weak..

and a side note, i was at the game Saturday. We have a mentally weak team. The most pumped I saw Travis Lewis the entire game was when the aggies committed a penalty. ...
- after a while, u have to consider what the coaches are doing to help this matter.

we looked like we were pillow fighting out there.

and god i feel sorry for our DT's .... man they looked tired. How many DT's do we play a game? I don't know how Gerald did it last year.

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2010, 11:01 PM
If the kids are working hard, keeping up their grades and stayin' out of trouble, they should keep their schollys. Stoops did not extend the scholly of some OLineman last spring ('09), but I believe that was because he was not working hard during training/conditioning.

StoopTroup
11/8/2010, 11:07 PM
We just need a new Kicking Coach for Paddy.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/kittyno/luckycharms.jpg

SoonerKnight
11/9/2010, 04:10 AM
Remember when they were freshman and they did not have to even get on the field except when we needed a kick off or a xp well when they screwed up we laughed hahahahahha!!! Isn't funny now!!! They will graduate!!! Eventually!!