PDA

View Full Version : Staying in Dallas...suggestions from locals?

WildBlueSooner
11/8/2010, 12:02 PM
Need some help. I will be in Dallas all day Friday and Friday night on my way to Norman for the OU game on Saturday. I will be traveling with my wife and we will be staying at the Magnolia on Commerce street. We are looking for suggestions on resturants (lunch and dinner) and some things to do nearby (walking distance prefrerred).

For lunch, we are pretty open to anything. For dinner we would like something fairly nice without breaking the bank (100 bucks or so total).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BOOMER SOONER!

tfoolry
11/8/2010, 12:26 PM
I'd go to Old Monk on Henderson if weather is nice or La Duni on Oak Lawn for lunch and Trece on Travis for dinner. Arts district is about the only major attraction within walking distance and Stephan Pyles has a nice rest. right across the street from it too.

soonerchk
11/8/2010, 12:35 PM
Sol Irlandes. Awesome little Mexican joint downtown.

ouleaf
11/8/2010, 02:22 PM
Agree about Sol Irlandes. Charlie Palmer is good (American). Dallas Fish Market is good (a little pricey)

olevetonahill
11/8/2010, 03:00 PM
Just take care of what ya got to do there fri. then get the hell out of that place and come on up to Norman ;)

cjames317
11/8/2010, 03:02 PM
Adair's Saloon on Commerce St. in Deep Ellum.

thunderlounge
11/8/2010, 03:04 PM
Can't go wrong with hitting up Babe's Chicken.

olevetonahill
11/8/2010, 03:07 PM
Can't go wrong with hitting on :hot: Babe's.

FIFY

SoonerPr8r
11/8/2010, 03:31 PM
you could apply for the Cowboys head coaching position. I hear they are hiring.

soonerlaw
11/8/2010, 03:32 PM
During the day, if you guys are history buffs, the 6th floor museum is very close. If you guys hang around downtown for lunch, Walt Garrison's in the Adolphous is good, as is Campisi's Pizza or Iron Cactus (Mexican). They are all walking distance from your hotel. West End is fairly close. For dinner, I would suggest going somewhere on Knox/Henderson, but if not, Dallas Chophouse is a pretty good steakhouse about 2 blocks away from your hotel. I work in Downtown Dallas so give me a holler if you need anything.

WildBlueSooner
11/8/2010, 03:43 PM
you could apply for the Cowboys head coaching position. I hear they are hiring.

Done...If chosen I will choose K Wilson as my Offensive Coordinator. I have not decided on my D Coordinator yet!

Widescreen
11/8/2010, 04:14 PM
Fogo de Chao. That's my recommendation every time. Unless you're a vegetarian/vegan. Their salad bar is great but not the real reason to ever go to Fogo.