PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely Pathetic

SoonerWarMachine#1
11/8/2010, 10:20 AM
Not going be negative and make some crazy statements, that only newbies and or "not true" OU fans would make about how KDUB needs to be fired or how his brilliant offensive mind & imagination and game strategy somehow doesn't translate to reality or many touchdowns, or maybe just one touchdown???. . . or how it's not KDUB's fault and it must be the players not executing/not blocking, or how it can't be the unbelieveable inconcievable utterly pathetic offensive strategy and galactic FUBAR that KDUB put together for the mighty aggie defense or how the "lack of space" dictates the play calling and for some reason the limited plays were the reason we didn't score during 3 series (12 plays) inside the 5!!!???

Not going to do that . . . but I do want to say is, he deserves every penny of his recent $50,000 raise! :mad:

1890MilesToNorman
11/8/2010, 10:22 AM
It's a friggin game, win or lose are the only two options. There some real dumbasses that haven't figured that out yet.

setem
11/8/2010, 10:33 AM
Not going be negative and make some crazy statements, that only newbies and or "not true" OU fans would make about how KDUB needs to be fired or how his brilliant offensive mind & imagination and game strategy somehow doesn't translate to reality or many touchdowns, or maybe just one touchdown???. . . or how it's not KDUB's fault and it must be the players not executing/not blocking, or how it can't be the unbelieveable inconcievable utterly pathetic offensive strategy and galactic FUBAR that KDUB put together for the mighty aggie defense or how the "lack of space" dictates the play calling and for some reason the limited plays were the reason we didn't score during 3 series (12 plays) inside the 5!!!???

Not going to do that . . . but I do want to say is, he deserves every penny of his recent $50,000 raise! :mad:

First I am not sure if you being sarcastic...

Second I am having a hard to understanding what you are saying at all...

Last I am one of the biggest sunshine pumpers out there but "KDUB" didn't get it done. We have players who can do the jobs(some of them the o-lines sucks)but doing the same bull**** over and over again is the definition of insanity. He chokes against Mizzou and he choked against aTm. He is not 100% to blame but he prepares the o-line and he calls the plays so if you ask me he was 90% of the problem. Does he need to be fired? Maybe not but something has gotta change. I am not saying I could do a better job but with all the plays we have in the arsenal we call the blandest run plays in the book? Something has gotta change in the o-line. They are as big if not bigger than most college o-lines and they can't block ****. Our guys tend to equate to good NFL olinemen maybe we should go after some guys who equate to good college olinemen? Jarvis got beat like he stole something all night long!

To some of these guys college is a means to an end. They could give a **** about school or winning a title they are looking to the NFL. It shows when guys like Loadholt list their GOD DAMN high school as where they are from and not OU. They got you there not your HIGH SCHOOL! It seems that for every Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow or Gerald McCoy you have 1000 *******s who could care less all they want is that pay check! We have some of those guys on our team and it makes me terribly sad!

This is why college football is my sports and I can't stand the NFL. The college game is pissing me off though! That is why we love this game because it riles our emotions...in good ways and in bad.

Soonerwake
11/8/2010, 10:51 AM
I am certainly not a "fire the coaches" guy, but what I don't get is Wilson said last week that we are not going to be a "smashmouth" team this year due to our young/light oline. Then, he calls run after run at the goalline when it was obvious that it wasn't working.

Am I the only one that could see that AM's gameplan was to take away the screens and middle run game?? They absolutely dared us to throw downfield..

And last, Landry has to be the most puckered up dude ever when he leaves Norman. Wow...

OK, I'm done...

TahoeSOONER
11/8/2010, 10:59 AM
KDUB can't block for our tackles. I think it's obvious he got frustrated in the redzone and started putting it on a Oline, who was getting owned upfront.

Kevin Wilson is the least of this teams problems.

Special teams, offensive tackle position and the middle of our dline seem to be the big elephants in the room.

KantoSooner
11/8/2010, 11:00 AM
Just very, very disappointed. After several weeks of commentary on how/why the team has road woes, we go on the road and fail in every aspect of the game.
Complete collapse against a team that is not very good.
Utterly inexplicable.

Leroy Lizard
11/8/2010, 11:05 AM
I am certainly not a "fire the coaches" guy, but what I don't get is Wilson said last week that we are not going to be a "smashmouth" team this year due to our young/light oline. Then, he calls run after run at the goalline when it was obvious that it wasn't working.

Am I the only one that could see that AM's gameplan was to take away the screens and middle run game?? They absolutely dared us to throw downfield...

With Von Miller on my defensive line, I would too.

StoopTroup
11/8/2010, 11:06 AM
Rants are fun.

33 posts and we lose another game and we have another guy who's worried about money he probably didn't pay a cent into.

Not quite the War Machine one would expect.

When I think War Machine...I think strewn bodies and Women and Children on their knees crying for the loss of a loved one that fought valiantly and faced the loss with a quivering lip but also with a arm and pointed finger in the air screaming "There's only ONE OKLAHOMA!'.....

Instead...we get a little whimpering rant?

Pathetic.

diegosooner
11/8/2010, 11:06 AM
We're good but not real good. Maybe next year we'll be really good.

SoonerWarMachine#1
11/8/2010, 11:32 AM
Rants are fun.

33 posts and we lose another game and we have another guy who's worried about money he probably didn't pay a cent into.

Not quite the War Machine one would expect.

When I think War Machine...I think strewn bodies and Women and Children on their knees crying for the loss of a loved one that fought valiantly and faced the loss with a quivering lip but also with a arm and pointed finger in the air screaming "There's only ONE OKLAHOMA!'.....

Instead...we get a little whimpering rant?

Pathetic.

Is that all you've got! C'mon man, talk about pathetic and weak, or I guess even "whimpering", you can do better than that . . . last I checked, f'n post counts don't qualify you as "brilliant" certainly not the case with you. You "probably" are absolutely wrong about every speculation you just made about me, you know, a "true' Sooner fan wouldn't flame on another Sooner fan without getting to know him first, but I forget you are "all knowing"
You missed the point anyway, it's not about those who fought, it's about those who mislead, misdirect or more specifically, did a **** poor job. You would think someone with your superior intellect could figure that out?

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2010, 11:33 AM
Just very, very disappointed. After several weeks of commentary on how/why the team has road woes, we go on the road and fail in every aspect of the game.
Complete collapse against a team that is not very good.
Utterly inexplicable.

I'm with you on being disappointed, but I have to disagree about aTm. I think they are a pretty good team. Not great, but good. Jerod Johnson was single-handedly pulling them down to not very good and I had so hoped they wouldn't address that before our game.

Leroy Lizard
11/8/2010, 11:37 AM
You missed the point anyway, it's not about those who fought, it's about those who mislead, misdirect or more specifically, did a **** poor job. You would think someone with your superior intellect could figure that out?

Ahhhh, the Internet. Where everyone is a coaching expert. ;)

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 11:51 AM

You would figure all these coaching experts would realize that in football you lose games sometimes....

SoonerWarMachine#1
11/8/2010, 11:59 AM

You are right Leroy!! Again, paying homage to the SF Brain Trust . . . at least crawl out and make a point . ..

SoonerWarMachine#1
11/8/2010, 12:01 PM
You would figure all these coaching experts would realize that in football you lose games sometimes....

What game were you & Leroy watching? obviously not the one the rest of us were . . .

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 12:18 PM
What game were you & Leroy watching? obviously not the one the rest of us were . . .

I was watching the same game, trust me. Not saying Wilson made the best play calling on the goal line stands, but other than that I think he did a good job. He made good half time adjustments and helped us score 17 in the third. We collapsed in the fourth and our players didn't make plays down the strech where we needed them. Sometimes you just get out played and out coached. I just don't think there's a need to call for coaches head after every loss.

SoonerWarMachine#1
11/8/2010, 12:31 PM
I was watching the same game, trust me. Not saying Wilson made the best play calling on the goal line stands, but other than that I think he did a good job. He made good half time adjustments and helped us score 17 in the third. We collapsed in the fourth and our players didn't make plays down the strech where we needed them. Sometimes you just get out played and out coached. I just don't think there's a need to call for coaches head after every loss.

Again, let me be clear, I was being sarcastic and wasn't asking for the KDUB's head. . . I agree he did make the necessary halftime adjustments, as the 3rd QTR results bear out, but where were the 4th QTR goal line adjustments? Everyone knew that the next 12 plays were going to be right up the middle? Contrary to what you and leroy said I'm not a coaching expert, but Thanks. These guys get paid big bucks to be the expert. Hell, even in the post game news conference, KDUB said paraphrasing a bit "I guess we should have tried to throw the ball down on the goal line" We are OKLAHOMA! not Sam Houston State, so am I wrong to expect KDUB to coach like it?

Leroy Lizard
11/8/2010, 12:34 PM
Again, let me be clear, I was being sarcastic and wasn't asking for the KDUB's head. . . I agree he did make the necessary halftime adjustments, as the 3rd QTR results bear out, but where were the 4th QTR goal line adjustments? Everyone knew that the next 12 plays were going to be right up the middle? Contrary to what you and leroy said I'm not a coaching expert,

jumperstop, could we be wrong about this guy? He's now telling us he isn't a coach.

olevetonahill
11/8/2010, 12:36 PM
hey wardude, Mebe ya should have done more reading and less posting:pop:

check out Deans post in this thread, Say Bye Bye :D

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3030042#post3030042

agoo758
11/8/2010, 12:43 PM

So I guess he should start posting hundreds of threads so that this one will be buried back on page 10 and dean won't see it? :P

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 12:44 PM
Again, let me be clear, I was being sarcastic and wasn't asking for the KDUB's head. . . I agree he did make the necessary halftime adjustments, as the 3rd QTR results bear out, but where were the 4th QTR goal line adjustments? Everyone knew that the next 12 plays were going to be right up the middle? Contrary to what you and leroy said I'm not a coaching expert, but Thanks. These guys get paid big bucks to be the expert. Hell, even in the post game news conference, KDUB said paraphrasing a bit "I guess we should have tried to throw the ball down on the goal line" We are OKLAHOMA! not Sam Houston State, so am I wrong to expect KDUB to coach like it?

There you go, he knows he should have done something different. I know this is a discussion board, but I just get sick of all the bitching and honestly I don't think it does any good. If it makes you feel better go for it I guess. I watch football to enjoy it, not to get myself all worked up. It sucks when we lose, but I'm realistic enough (at least these days) to understand it happens.

SoonerWarMachine#1
11/8/2010, 12:46 PM

Hey oleklafmmvll, so since I'm a NEWBIE and you're a Lifer, Please explain, so if you happen to disagree with the Rose Colored Glasses KLAN, you get banned?

SoonerWarMachine#1
11/8/2010, 12:50 PM
There you go, he knows he should have done something different. I know this is a discussion board, but I just get sick of all the bitching and honestly I don't think it does any good. If it makes you feel better go for it I guess. I watch football to enjoy it, not to get myself all worked up. It sucks when we lose, but I'm realistic enough (at least these days) to understand it happens.

No regrets here, just calling a spade a spade . . . Sorry didn't get a copy of the "Thou shall not have an opinion" rule.

olevetonahill
11/8/2010, 12:53 PM
Hey oleklafmmvll, so since I'm a NEWBIE and you're a Lifer, Please explain, so if you happen to disagree with the Rose Colored Glasses KLAN, you get banned?

No Ya Dumas, But if ya start a thread after the Main admin says any one starting another thread about the subject will get bained , then ya get bained.

See this is where ya shoulda been a readin and not posting, Cause there have been about 4200 threads started about KW since Sat. nite and Dean along with most of us are fed the **** up with em .
Pay Tention .

olevetonahill
11/8/2010, 12:56 PM
No regrets here, just calling a spade a spade . . . Sorry didn't get a copy of the "Thou shall not have an opinion" rule.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/68948/1015153.gif

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/8/2010, 12:57 PM

it has nothing to do with that dude, you just killed half the board by dropping that incoherent wall of text on them.

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 12:58 PM
No Ya Dumas, But if ya start a thread after the Main admin says any one starting another thread about the subject will get bained , then ya get bained.

See this is where ya shoulda been a readin and not posting, Cause there have been about 4200 threads started about KW since Sat. nite and Dean along with most of us are fed the **** up with em .
Pay Tention .

In all fairness vet he didn't see those other threads cause he only started posting this morning. :D ;)

olevetonahill
11/8/2010, 01:01 PM
In all fairness vet he didn't see those other threads cause he only started posting this morning. :D ;)

Thats what Im talkin about, He shoulda been a readin and NOT posting ;)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/8/2010, 01:02 PM
Thats what Im talkin about, He shoulda been a readin and NOT posting ;)

there was a reason we instituted the minimum post count before starting threads feature ;)

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 01:04 PM
there was a reason we instituted the minimum post count before starting threads feature ;)

Why did that ever change? Because of the OUI ****? If so that seems reason right there that we should have INCREASED the number of post it takes to make a thread.

olevetonahill
11/8/2010, 01:05 PM

Wernt it a 100? Hell Now i see nOObs starting a thread with 5 posts and some with 30 posts that say they cant start one ? WTF?

fwsooner22
11/8/2010, 01:07 PM
Lifers vs. Noobs that's a battle that lost it's interest years and years ago and I'm not either one.

I always know we lost when somebody has to go down that road.

BigTime1
11/8/2010, 01:09 PM
Well its generally HIS fault and he makes it easier to not like him and lose faith in him when the clock is running at the end of the game and if we score we have hope of at least trying an onside kick and he calls 2 runs into the line...clock STILL running...and then a freaking nother one as if the first 2 were ok...sealing the loss and screwing us over...AGAIN... I agree the players have to execute but it is his responsibility to call the plays that puts them in the best position to succeed and that play to their strenghts...YES IT IS 100% with out a doubt HIS FAULT.

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 01:12 PM
Well its generally HIS fault and he makes it easier to not like him and lose faith in him when the clock is running at the end of the game and if we score we have hope of at least trying an onside kick and he calls 2 runs into the line...clock STILL running...and then a freaking nother one as if the first 2 were ok...sealing the loss and screwing us over...AGAIN... I agree the players have to execute but it is his responsibility to call the plays that puts them in the best position to succeed and that play to their strenghts...YES IT IS 100% with out a doubt HIS FAULT.

Like you said we still would to have had an on side, marched down the field and scored again...Would have been difficult even with perfect play calling. I don't think anyone here disagrees that the goal line stands play calling was questionable, but to blame the loss on the guy is a bit much.

BigTime1
11/8/2010, 01:21 PM
not really when he calls the crap 3 times in a row and it still hasnt worked...as he is quickly melting the clock away...not a stretch to blame there I say its exactly his fault

swardboy
11/8/2010, 01:25 PM
IT'S ALL HABERN'S FAULT......

Well, it's gotta start somewhere.

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 01:33 PM
not really when he calls the crap 3 times in a row and it still hasnt worked...as he is quickly melting the clock away...not a stretch to blame there I say its exactly his fault

YES IT IS 100% with out a doubt HIS FAULT

Again, I'm not saying he didn't make mistakes. But to say that the loss is entirely his fault is a bit unreasonable.

prrriiide
11/8/2010, 01:45 PM
KDUB can't block for our tackles. I think it's obvious he got frustrated in the redzone and started putting it on a Oline, who was getting owned upfront.

Kevin Wilson is the least of this teams problems.

Special teams, offensive tackle position and the middle of our dline seem to be the big elephants in the room.

Those are certainly problems. But KW just got a raise greater than an average person's annual salary. HIS JOB is to recognize that there are weaknesses like the OL and plan accordingly. His short-yardage gameplan was akin to shoving his fingers in his ears and yelling LALALALALA regarding the OL problems. HIS JOB was to call the plays that give the offense the BEST CHANCE to get the ball in the end zone. In that capacity, he was an abject failure Saturday night, and wholly undeserving of any raise.

prrriiide
11/8/2010, 01:53 PM

Yup. That's part of the deal when you compete in anything; you might lose. But it is NOT part of the deal that you give away you chances for success. Running the ball 11 out of 12 times inside the 2 is giving away your chance for success, especially when the middle run game has been getting stuffed all night. A blind man can see that concept with a cane.

StoopTroup
11/8/2010, 02:15 PM
Rants are fun. :D

BigTime1
11/8/2010, 02:15 PM
Yup. That's part of the deal when you compete in anything; you might lose. But it is NOT part of the deal that you give away you chances for success. Running the ball 11 out of 12 times inside the 2 is giving away your chance for success, especially when the middle run game has been getting stuffed all night. A blind man can see that concept with a cane.

Thank you Prrriiide...We are on the exact same page with this one.

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 02:23 PM

Like I've said in this thread, he didn't make the right calls on the goal line stands, especially that last one. I just think people who feel like there must be repercussions for the staff after a lost are kinda extreme. People make mistakes, woulda-coulda-shoulda, hindsite is 20/20, you lose sometimes is what I'm saying. I understand everyone handles a lose differently, but if some people on here are serious with the stuff they are saying I question their ability to function on a day to day basis.

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 02:24 PM
Thank you Prrriiide...We are on the exact same page with this one.

I don't think he said anything about it being 100% Wilson's fault that we lost....but I may be wrong.

BigTime1
11/8/2010, 02:45 PM
I don't think he said anything about it being 100% Wilson's fault that we lost....but I may be wrong.

Uhhhhhhhh...did you read the part about not giving away our chances for success...answer who gave them away and you also have the answer on where the blame falls

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 02:49 PM
Uhhhhhhhh...did you read the part about not giving away our chances for success...answer who gave them away and you also have the answer on where the blame falls

Uhhhhh...did you even read my last post or are you just a dumb ****? I have yet to hear anyone say he didn't make some bad calls. And yes they came at the end of the game probably stopping our comeback. But to say it is in entirely on him makes no sense in my mind. You're ****ing looney....

C&CDean
11/8/2010, 02:51 PM
Oh fer ****'s sake...