PDA

View Full Version : So, my dad got tickets to the Big 12 championship.

agoo758
11/7/2010, 11:02 PM
I'm pondering whether I should go or not if OUr guys don't make it. Would go guys go if that was the case? Discuss.

olevetonahill
11/7/2010, 11:05 PM
Has yer Dad invited you?

agoo758
11/7/2010, 11:08 PM
Has yer Dad invited you?

Yes olevetonahill, my dad has invited me.

TXBOOMER
11/7/2010, 11:15 PM
I wouldn't. The only games I go to are OU games though.

Team Perkis
11/7/2010, 11:16 PM
I would. At the worst, it's probably an enjoyable evening of college football with your dad.

soonercastor
11/7/2010, 11:16 PM
don't worry, we'll be there.

olevetonahill
11/7/2010, 11:29 PM
Yes olevetonahill, my dad has invited me.

Then hell yes go with yer Dad Bro. Hell Id give my left nut to be able to watch a game with My Dad or Mom fer that matter

soonercastor
11/7/2010, 11:31 PM
Then hell yes go with yer Dad Bro. Hell Id give my left nut to be able to watch a game with My Dad or Mom fer that matter

that really says a lot :D , considering how much you value your nut...your left nut.

Collier11
11/7/2010, 11:33 PM
well if he got them so you guys could go together or he was doing it as a really nice gesture Id go, why the hell not, ut wont be there. If he just got them for ya cus he thought OU might be there and OU doesnt make it, sell em

cleller
11/8/2010, 08:07 AM
If OU is not there, OSU probably will be. Unloading them locally in a hurry should be pretty easy via Craigslist.
I'd bet someone on here could round up a good dvd of some OU bowl game from your dad's era, and you could watch that instead. Bet he'd get a kick out of it.
I used to have the email of a guy that had just about every OU game possible on dvd or VHS....dang.

rekamrettuB
11/8/2010, 09:46 AM
I would. At the worst, it's probably an enjoyable evening of college football with your dad.

This. Take advantage of this chance. If OU isn't playing in the game then they aren't playing that day anyway. Nothing else to watch.

soonerlaw
11/8/2010, 10:17 AM
We are in the same situation. I think we will go just because it will be a big game regardless and the fact that it will be the last B12 Championship game for the foreseeable future.

Okie35
11/8/2010, 10:53 AM
don't worry, we'll be there.

^^^^

agoo758
11/8/2010, 12:57 PM
^^^^

Looks like we got a little bit of a crowd. Who is all going regardless? I would certainly like to meet some of my SF brethren for the first time. :)

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/8/2010, 01:52 PM
Why not?

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 01:55 PM
Probably not, I'd sell em and save for our bowl trip. Unless we go to the Sun Bowl, then I would just sell them and not go get shot.

King Barry's Back
11/8/2010, 02:09 PM
Go to the game and cheer for OSU to lose. If the pokes lose, it won't make you feel like we won, but it might come close.

And if Baylor's there, hell, cheer for them. They might never have another shot at the conference.

Hopefully OSU won't either.

TahoeSOONER
11/8/2010, 02:26 PM
I'd sell them and use the money to go to a bowl game with my Dad.

No worries though, OU will be there.

nativesooner
11/8/2010, 02:52 PM
The real question is, if you're a Sooner and OSU is in it instead of your team... do you cheer for OSU? Or whoever is representing the north? About 95% of the OSU fans I know would cheer for anyone other than OU.

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 03:27 PM
The real question is, if you're a Sooner and OSU is in it instead of your team... do you cheer for OSU? Or whoever is representing the north? About 95% of the OSU fans I know would cheer for anyone other than OU.

If I were to waste my money seeing OSU play in the championship game I would cheer for them. My gf is a losur graduate and we've agreed it to be easier to cheer for each other's team when they aren't playing each other. Fortunately the whole 4 years we've been together have been good to the Sooners in bedlam. I would probably root for OSU, but still laugh if they ****ed up. It might be worth it to see the dissapointment on their face after they lose.

OSUGOPOKES
11/8/2010, 03:49 PM
i find it hard to believe that 95% of the OSU fans you know would cheer on the North rather than OU.

i speek for myself when i say that, while i'm not an OU fan i try to cheer them on when they are playing. If for some reason OSU doesn't make it to the Big 12 champ game, then i will root for whatever south team is there.

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 04:01 PM
i find it hard to believe that 95% of the OSU fans you know would cheer on the North rather than OU.

i speek for myself when i say that, while i'm not an OU fan i try to cheer them on when they are playing. If for some reason OSU doesn't make it to the Big 12 champ game, then i will root for whatever south team is there.

I say you are in the 5%

nativesooner
11/8/2010, 04:06 PM

Ok ok.. maybe 90% then. :D Most of the OSU fans I know have already told me that they root for OSU, and whoever is playing OU

OSUGOPOKES
11/8/2010, 04:22 PM
I say you are in the 5%

Ok ok.. maybe 90% then. :D Most of the OSU fans I know have already told me that they root for OSU, and whoever is playing OU

i have those friends too....

they tell me every week after OSU wins, "they still have to prove themselves next week...."

or "as long as OSU loses, i don't care if OU wins or not"

jumperstop
11/8/2010, 04:26 PM
i have those friends too....

they tell me every week after OSU wins, "they still have to prove themselves next week...."

or "as long as OSU loses, i don't care if OU wins or not"

:confused:

OSUGOPOKES
11/9/2010, 05:03 PM
:confused:

they rather see OSU lose games.....than OU win/lose games.

so as long as OSU is losing they're happy.

jumperstop
11/9/2010, 05:20 PM
they rather see OSU lose games.....than OU win/lose games.

so as long as OSU is losing they're happy.

Oh you mean friends who root for OU. My roommate is the same way for OSU, he was making fun of our loss to missouri but conveniently forgot the nebraska game. There are a lot of part time fans that make real fans look bad.

OUthunder
11/9/2010, 05:35 PM
I wouldn't. The only games I go to are OU HOME games though.

Fixed